Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Great Benefits but Frustrating Work Life
Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrimack, NHNovember 11, 2018
Cost cutting across all levels for many years has resulted in overworking of remaining employees requiring 10 to 12 hour workdays without offer for compensation for those hours. Not a job you leave feeling like you accomplished anything at the end of the day. Great benefits for workers and their families and they only promote from within.
Horrible work environment.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2018
Just not a good place to work anymore. Company has gone down hill since the buy out. It’s now ran by people with no pride in what they do. Numbers are all that matter. Work/life balance does not exist here.
Pros
Some free beer
Cons
Expected to work 7 days a week
Lack of advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2018
Work long hours yet lack of advancement
haven't learned that much
management is poor as they don't want you to advance
workplace culture is based on favoritism
hardest part of the job is lack of understanding
most enjoyable part of the job getting free beer every month
Pros
free beer every month
Cons
no advancement, no promotions, lack of work enthusiasm
Great inviornment
Cafeteria Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2018
I loved this job I was a manager here. I had great employees. The pay and the benefits were top notch. We were able to work plenty of hours and everyone knew their job. I moved up fast and they really took care of the employees.
Pros
Everything here was a pro
Cons
We had a contract the could expire
Great company
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 25, 2018
Overall this is a great company to work for. The long term options and work environment is by far the best I've worked for. The company takes care of their employees by offering amazing benefits. Not to mention being able to retire early depending on what your title is.
Its a job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2018
Was hired as a part time employee. Was transferred to full time so I would be able to work more hours per week. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Excellent, dedicated professionals.
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Loxley, ALAugust 28, 2018
Worked with very dedicated professionals in a very, fast paced environment. Excellent pay, hours, everything. I enjoyed every minute I was there. Still hope to get a full-time job with them..
Pros
All the hours I wanted
Great Company to Advance Your Career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 28, 2018
Anheuser-Busch offers great employee benefits and competitive pay plus ample vacation time. They are willing to hear our new ideas and act on those to increase the efficiency of the business. They treat their employees as family but keep you challenged and engaged.
Pros
Great 401k match, and health benefits
Cons
Work/ Life Balance can be hard at times
All talk...
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2018
These guys force feed their ideals and culture from the top down, but there is absolutely no follow through from management. Gone are the days of AB as a premier employer. They are now just another foreign owned company only focused on the bottom line.
Pros
Cons
everything
Disgusting office politics
Intern (Former Employee) –  Region 6August 2, 2018
A field KAM who was nice & welcoming was let go in Region 6. The upper management talked about it openly & made a joke of pushing this person out & tried to get everyone to join in to make fun of her. Nobody did. This is disgusting & makes me not want to pursue a career with AB after I graduate.
Pros
Free lunch - after work socializing, decent pay
Cons
Cut throat and mean
Productive work experience
General Technician (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYAugust 2, 2018
Anheuser-Busch is a great place to work. The environment here has been a great experience and the work is fairly easy to perform. Very laid back and not so uptight.
ok if you're into sales
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 1, 2018
ok if you're into sales. not much room for growth for admin. lost of young people and free beer. great company to start out. would recommend for others
Easy going, relaxed atmosphere
Data Science Intern (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 30, 2018
Interns get exciting projects to work on. We work in a collaborative manner. Management is supportive and helpful. Work schedule can be flexible due to the need to balance work and school.
Anheuser Busch
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAJuly 26, 2018
I worked at Anheuser Busch for about 1 yr part time. My job was to stock, wrap or move pallets of product. I never knew what job I would be doing until I got there. I didn't mind the job but there were a LOT of unhappy employees there. Some could be VERY negative and it got frustrating listening to the "cons" part of the job all the time.
I, personally, didn't think it was bad, but again, i was on the night shift. I'd really like to work a day job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
NIght shift
Definite Big Company Feel
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
At the time I worked for A-B, I was a contractor, so not the same type of review as you would get from a direct employee of the company. At the time, it was a good place to be for a contractor, but much of that changed with the InBev takeover.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Big Company, InBev takeover not good
financial security
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 16, 2018
good job to meet financial needs. demands attention to detailed operations. supervisors allow you to work with minimum supervision. most enjoyable part was hitting your number quota.
Pros
oppurtinity to do overtime
Cons
no cons for me
Completely different cultures
Business Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
The corporate offices do a great job of truly living the culture A-B exudes. This, however, is a small fraction of the available jobs. Once in a brewery, the culture changes. There is no work-life balance; the expectation is 12 hours a day plus weekends. There is no recognition for good or hard work. If you happen to hire into a chronically underperforming brewery, it is all but impossible to move more than 1 promotion up.

If you can get out of a brewery, it is a good company to work for, but if you cannot make it, you will resent the company for doing everything it can to wring every ounce out of you before tossing you aside for the next bright eyed new hire.
Pros
2 cases a month
Cons
no work-life balance
Intense working atmosphere because of DPO
Manager (Former Employee) –  West coastJuly 8, 2018
Before InBev came into the picture, This use to be a great job! But now it is a ever changing never satisfied with their results stressful DPO centered Big mistake making organization that just keeps going down into a black hole abyss. It is all ran by university interns and twenty year old kids now with no experience. (because InBev thinks they will work cheap) They hire them in at less money than the last guy. Do not work here unless you like long hours (management can never go home), Never getting increased compensation (some people have reported to me that they have not had increases in five years), Always feeling like your job is in jeopardy (because they are always changing everything at will all the time), Most decisions will be last minute and then you will have to work extra hours and weekends if you are salary (because you are a salary slave) to make the deadline that they will give you, They will always make you feel like you are lucky to have a job. (not that they are lucky to have you). They will export your job out to a outside contractor and dump it on you at will and you will have to go there or you will be out of a job (they like to play with people like they are a commodity). Then decide they did not like that mistake because it was too expensive and decide to do something else (then you end up with no job from no fault of your own). You will have no job security here. They are never satisfied with their results so they will never be happy with you. So just know that going in. You are just a number here. A pawn in the game of chess and you will see that within  more... the first month. Happy stressful employment if you like a challenge. Also if you are hourly you will not get much overtime as because of DPO it is a monitored KPI and they will reign it in and you will be asked to explain it, If you are a Manager you will be forever filling out abnormality reports and action logs when you have abnormal trends that you will have to explain. All this while beer sales are going down the abyss because they can't sell beer because they outsourced so much that they have no customer service. They are losing taps by the numbers everyday. If you have a choice between several jobs choose the other because I don't see how this can go on much longer before it all implodes.  less
Pros
Two cases of beer per month. Benefits are good but they are cutting those too.
Cons
DPO centered, Constant cost cutting, Big mistake making organization.
Good pay terrible management.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
The turnover in direct management is mind boggling. You will have a really good supervisor for a bit then they are promoted and replaced with someone horribly under qualified.
Not Sure My Review Would be Helpful
EA to President of Packaging Division (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Working at A-B was such a great experience. I got to work with an interesting group and got to travel a bit. Large company with many opportunities. Not sure of the culture now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anheuser-Busch. Our community is ready to answer.