Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

decnt job but hours were tough
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2018
budwiser pays its drivers well, and compensates them with benefits, perks and discounts even better. only draw back was 10-14 hour days slinging beverage in the Oklahoma heat
Pros
pay, perks benefits
Cons
hours
Great place to work ! Fun people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 21, 2018
Great place to work! Great pay ! Hard work but get to meet people everywhere you go ! Coworkers are fun and cultural, always something new ! Company cars are provided and all equipment as well!
Hight Stress, decent pay
District Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2018
The work itself is fairly simple, yet the company as a whole is disconnected from the market creating a high level of stress. Upper management are unwilling to take action on making changes to the current sales strategy the is in place.
Risky
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 11, 2018
ABInBev is the most successful beer company’s to date. The company is worth over $50 billion. For how busy the industy is you would imagine you would be compensated well enough to support yourself . Hard work and really takes a toll on your body. Sacrificing your health should come at a high cost and nobody in the industy seems to care about that for myself or anyone else who’s job is labor intensive. Pretty sad how big corporations expect so much and offer so little. Overall I respect the entire team a lot due to how much there is to handle and to make deadlines meet. Time to pay up big CEO’s your the ones getting the handout.
always meeting people from around the world
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2018
The job itself was fun and exciting. Always meeting new people. Always fun events going on! Loved it other than being micromanaged and written up for things that never happen. They push you out the door if they don’t like you. Always about who’s rear end you can kiss to get ahead.
Pros
Free events & beer
Cons
Overworked, hours cut randomly
Making Friends is Our Business
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2018
An average day at Anheuser-Busch was of course, guests come first. Getting to know the guest and making that connection with them was critical in business etiquette. Once the guests were fully satisfy we would work on daily tasks, such as stocking. Occasionally there would be desk work that needed to be done. These tasks were usually marketing or social media needs that needed my attention.
I learned a lot working at AB. I became a better leader and more confident in my duties and performance rate. I learned that multi-tasking is the most efficient way to complete obstacles.
The management team is very supportive to each other and team members. We are taught never to underestimate ourselves or others. We work closely to our supervisors and higher levels to ensure the best outcomes.
I can't say there are hard parts to the job, of course when learning a new task was always difficult. However, I always learned quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team. I feel it is very important to become close with your team, that way the entire operation runs smoothly.
Pros
beer knowledge, up-beat atmosphere, friendly, and open doors
Cons
n/a
Not a healthy Environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
Management lack of leadership and no direction. line manager does't have any experience managing and lacks expertise in people skills. The pressure to sell what consumer don't want to buy is what this company ask you do to daily.
Pros
2 cases free beer once a month.
Cons
Unhealthy environment
Very stressful place to work
WOD worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2018
The pay for the drivers is considerably lower compared to the competition. Also, it is very hard for employees to earn a full-time position. The DPO/continuous improvement culture is driving people away because it makes the staff too lean and drives work/life balance in the wrong direction.
Pros
Good people among the hourly folks
Cons
Cut-throat culture
worst job I ever had
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2018
Poor management that treats salaried employees like dogs. I was treated better in the military. If your hourly you have it made. No advancement opportunities unless you're a minority or your daddy works for the company.
Meh
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2018
I worked on and off in the tour center for a few years, primarily in the summer. The job itself is fairly relaxed - you memorize a script, show guests the brewery, serve them some beer and answer their questions. This job used to be so enjoyable, but it went downhill very quickly. Though there are some full-time workers who have been there for years, most employees are college kids or teachers who just need some extra cash on the weekend. Seems like a super easy and fun way to make money, but management makes it so incredibly difficult.

Pay was actually pretty decent - all tour guides have to join a union and dues are taken out every month, but if you work 40 hours a week (which is rare for any part-timer) it's not too bad. Say goodbye to your weekends, though. Mostly everyone has to work Saturday and Sunday. And during special events during holidays, expect to work later nights. And scheduled hours of work are always random every week, so budgeting for expenses and whatnot is tough.

The co-workers are what made going into work worth it every day. With the position being quite extroverted, you generally work with like-minded and outgoing people. You get very close with (most of) them very quickly which is awesome. I have met some of my best friends here.
Stable and innovative
Licensed Operating Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 21, 2018
New company embraces VPO total quality management and rewards people at the pace of their ability. Rewards for innovation and personal freedom to develop ideas
Pros
Benefits and money
Cons
The company encouraged training and advanced education within the brewing industry.
Pilot Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2018
A strong team building atmosphere was encouraged. There was a universal loyalty/pride for the company. Most employees enthusiastically gave strong, nearly excessive efforts.
Pros
Teamwork and pride in performance.
Cons
Weekend work was frequent.
Fun place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work. They have a fun culture and very laid back management that is approachable and helpful. Would continue working there if I didn't go back to school.
Great Place to work
Executive Chef, On-Premise (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63118March 7, 2018
I enjoy working for iconic brands. Learned a lot, made great friends, great company vision. Enjoy the company culture. I believe in the the company vision.
Amazing co-workers, god awful management.
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 1, 2018

Many of the guests are extremely rude and needy and a lot of them are out there to bust your chops. Very annoying and difficult while on tour. It makes it very hard to stay positive throughout the day. But you do get some great guests as well who are there just to have a good time and just want to share a beer with
  more... you.

Understaffing was the norm at AB, making work on busy days extremely stressful. You would think a multi-billion dollar company can afford to have an adequate amount of employees on to make the place run smoothly. Management keeps adding more things for the tour guides to do (not always their fault since St. Louis essentially tells them what to do) but without the extra help, it turned into a nightmare. And whenever you needed help, management was nowhere to be seen and absolutely useless when they were around. Very passive aggressive and talks behind their employees backs to others. Will never take the blame for things they've done wrong and makes their employees feel like garbage for things that aren't even in their control or their fault. They do not care about their employees at all - just themselves. They are so disconnected from their work and employees and are always complaining. No matter how many times you go to them to offer suggestions or bring up issues, it's always in one ear and out the other. By far some of the worst management I have ever worked for.

The free beer was nice. But no amount of free cases can make up for the absolute mess that this tour department was and continues to be.
Pros
Free Beer, Great Co-workers, Relatively easy work, Discounts
Cons
Poor Management, Rude Guests, Constantly Understaffed
Very poor management. Company doesn’t care about employees, only bottom line
Sales (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 26, 2018
When I first started at AB, I thought I’d retire with AB. Since ownership changes, it’s not even enjoyable working there. It’s actually pretty miserable. It’s meeting after meeting and adding more and more busy work because beer sales are down in the company. The company is scrambling to make up for MAJOR lost sales and they’re panicking. The management is a complete mess, always changing with people that have zero experience. AB is more worried about reports, spreadsheets and surveys than they are selling beer. Sales are down so they don’t do anything for the retailers, almost demand everything from them, but give nothing in return. All the best employees continue to quit for higher paying jobs outside the company and the company just turns a blind eye to it. They have now taken away all responsibilities of the sales force and outsourced it to another company over the phone, obviously a second round of layoffs is coming. Sad state of affairs for what was a great American Company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible management, micro managed
fun workplace good teamwork
Power house operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2018
one week of control room, and inside power house proper, one week outside power house equipment such as coolers evaporators CO2
collection. One week boiler water and plant water treatment. Never got boring. Hardest part was the heat in summer, but we were not in it for extended time
Was great as American company
Operator / Brewer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Was previously a great American company with amazing perks, pay, and possible progression.
Now, follows corporate only mentality of shareholder profits above all else.
Perks are gone. Job security is gone.
Team player environment
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 1, 2018
Budweiser is a good hardworking atmosphere if you like to moving at a fast rapid pace you would like Budweiser it wears on you sometimes because it’s such a hard core job
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pour hours
Fast paced and competitive
Intern (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 28, 2018
fast paced and competitive but you will be the leader in the industry and compensated well. mgmt was historically bad after the aquistion but is getting a lot better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anheuser-Busch. Our community is ready to answer.