Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Definite Big Company Feel
Contractor/Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
At the time I worked for A-B, I was a contractor, so not the same type of review as you would get from a direct employee of the company. At the time, it was a good place to be for a contractor, but much of that changed with the InBev takeover.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Big Company, InBev takeover not good
financial security
Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 16, 2018
good job to meet financial needs. demands attention to detailed operations. supervisors allow you to work with minimum supervision. most enjoyable part was hitting your number quota.
Pros
oppurtinity to do overtime
Cons
no cons for me
Completely different cultures
Business Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
The corporate offices do a great job of truly living the culture A-B exudes. This, however, is a small fraction of the available jobs. Once in a brewery, the culture changes. There is no work-life balance; the expectation is 12 hours a day plus weekends. There is no recognition for good or hard work. If you happen to hire into a chronically underperforming brewery, it is all but impossible to move more than 1 promotion up.

If you can get out of a brewery, it is a good company to work for, but if you cannot make it, you will resent the company for doing everything it can to wring every ounce out of you before tossing you aside for the next bright eyed new hire.
Pros
2 cases a month
Cons
no work-life balance
Intense working atmosphere because of DPO
Manager (Former Employee) –  West coastJuly 8, 2018
Before InBev came into the picture, This use to be a great job! But now it is a ever changing never satisfied with their results stressful DPO centered Big mistake making organization that just keeps going down into a black hole abyss. It is all ran by university interns and twenty year old kids now with no experience. (because InBev thinks they will work cheap) They hire them in at less money than the last guy. Do not work here unless you like long hours (management can never go home), Never getting increased compensation (some people have reported to me that they have not had increases in five years), Always feeling like your job is in jeopardy (because they are always changing everything at will all the time), Most decisions will be last minute and then you will have to work extra hours and weekends if you are salary (because you are a salary slave) to make the deadline that they will give you, They will always make you feel like you are lucky to have a job. (not that they are lucky to have you). They will export your job out to a outside contractor and dump it on you at will and you will have to go there or you will be out of a job (they like to play with people like they are a commodity). Then decide they did not like that mistake because it was too expensive and decide to do something else (then you end up with no job from no fault of your own). You will have no job security here. They are never satisfied with their results so they will never be happy with you. So just know that going in. You are just a number here. A pawn in the game of chess and you will see that within  more... the first month. Happy stressful employment if you like a challenge. Also if you are hourly you will not get much overtime as because of DPO it is a monitored KPI and they will reign it in and you will be asked to explain it, If you are a Manager you will be forever filling out abnormality reports and action logs when you have abnormal trends that you will have to explain. All this while beer sales are going down the abyss because they can't sell beer because they outsourced so much that they have no customer service. They are losing taps by the numbers everyday. If you have a choice between several jobs choose the other because I don't see how this can go on much longer before it all implodes.  less
Pros
Two cases of beer per month. Benefits are good but they are cutting those too.
Cons
DPO centered, Constant cost cutting, Big mistake making organization.
Good pay terrible management.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
The turnover in direct management is mind boggling. You will have a really good supervisor for a bit then they are promoted and replaced with someone horribly under qualified.
Not Sure My Review Would be Helpful
EA to President of Packaging Division (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2018
Working at A-B was such a great experience. I got to work with an interesting group and got to travel a bit. Large company with many opportunities. Not sure of the culture now.
Average place to work
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 3, 2018
Not that this is a bad job whatsoever, it just isn't great. There's nothing overly noteworthy in the way of a job culture besides the expectation to work a lot of hours.

Management could use improvement but I believe it is probably American Industry management in general that is the issue. It doesn't even feel like we make beer, like we just make units, devoid of any actual significance.

That being said, having an issue and resolving it with no help, and under a lot of pressure, is very rewarding in and of itself. Personally, I feel that this job would be much like any other in American industry today, with the same issues as any, the same pros as any.

It is disappointingly average at the end of the day to work for Anheuser-Busch InBev, and that's the truth.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management/bad culture
Exciting work environment
DISTRICT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAJune 27, 2018
Great work environment with lots of different events to attend. Fast opportunity for advancement. Out side sales with little micromanagement for day-to-day activities.
Gift Shop
Gift Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2018
Management is like playing a game with a bratty three year old because they change the rules every 2 days and abuse their power. They will handout write ups for almost anything and target individuals until they quit or are terminated for no reason. The work environment is hostile and one should not worry about losing their job working in a gift shop. I mean come on it is a gift shop not NASA. Basically working in the gift shop is like an abusive relationship. They treat you poorly, but give you free stuff.
Pros
Free beer
Cons
Micromanaging
Fun
Marketing and Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 11, 2018
It was a lot of fun working for them. They fly me out for training and paid for everything. They also care about you and if you have a probably you can just contact your manager.
It was a great learning experience, just too big.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
It was exactly what I needed at the time...going to from a start up to one of the largest breweries in the world was truly eye opening. I learned how to grow a brand truly nationwide. I learned more there than I could ever have hoped.
Great pay but very very long hours. 60+ hours every week
Operations Supervisor/ Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJune 7, 2018
I was the supervisor so I spent a lot of my time on computers planning the day and fixing issues. Then when my employees came in I would discuss the day before issues and what to watch for and then go back to my computer and get them the orders for the day.
Great IF you can get in full time
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Baldwinsville, NYMay 27, 2018
Its a great place to work at, very fast paced, but typical warehouse work. Extremely hot. As a weekender management has a tendency to overlook when hiring for full time and often choose seasonal reps.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No Benefits to weekenders
decnt job but hours were tough
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 24, 2018
budwiser pays its drivers well, and compensates them with benefits, perks and discounts even better. only draw back was 10-14 hour days slinging beverage in the Oklahoma heat
Pros
pay, perks benefits
Cons
hours
Great place to work ! Fun people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 21, 2018
Great place to work! Great pay ! Hard work but get to meet people everywhere you go ! Coworkers are fun and cultural, always something new ! Company cars are provided and all equipment as well!
Hight Stress, decent pay
District Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2018
The work itself is fairly simple, yet the company as a whole is disconnected from the market creating a high level of stress. Upper management are unwilling to take action on making changes to the current sales strategy the is in place.
Risky
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 11, 2018
ABInBev is the most successful beer company’s to date. The company is worth over $50 billion. For how busy the industy is you would imagine you would be compensated well enough to support yourself . Hard work and really takes a toll on your body. Sacrificing your health should come at a high cost and nobody in the industy seems to care about that for myself or anyone else who’s job is labor intensive. Pretty sad how big corporations expect so much and offer so little. Overall I respect the entire team a lot due to how much there is to handle and to make deadlines meet. Time to pay up big CEO’s your the ones getting the handout.
always meeting people from around the world
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 8, 2018
The job itself was fun and exciting. Always meeting new people. Always fun events going on! Loved it other than being micromanaged and written up for things that never happen. They push you out the door if they don’t like you. Always about who’s rear end you can kiss to get ahead.
Pros
Free events & beer
Cons
Overworked, hours cut randomly
Making Friends is Our Business
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 5, 2018
An average day at Anheuser-Busch was of course, guests come first. Getting to know the guest and making that connection with them was critical in business etiquette. Once the guests were fully satisfy we would work on daily tasks, such as stocking. Occasionally there would be desk work that needed to be done. These tasks were usually marketing or social media needs that needed my attention.
I learned a lot working at AB. I became a better leader and more confident in my duties and performance rate. I learned that multi-tasking is the most efficient way to complete obstacles.
The management team is very supportive to each other and team members. We are taught never to underestimate ourselves or others. We work closely to our supervisors and higher levels to ensure the best outcomes.
I can't say there are hard parts to the job, of course when learning a new task was always difficult. However, I always learned quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was my team. I feel it is very important to become close with your team, that way the entire operation runs smoothly.
Pros
beer knowledge, up-beat atmosphere, friendly, and open doors
Cons
n/a
Not a healthy Environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 3, 2018
Management lack of leadership and no direction. line manager does't have any experience managing and lacks expertise in people skills. The pressure to sell what consumer don't want to buy is what this company ask you do to daily.
Pros
2 cases free beer once a month.
Cons
Unhealthy environment