Anheuser-Busch Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Brand Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 29, 2017
Being a brand activation manager may be the funnest job to have at Anheuser Busch but unfortunately, the management at this particular branch made the job dull, unnecessarily stressful, and resulted in high turnover.

You need to complete 26 activations a month but when you reach that you're told you need to shoot for more. Even if you schedule your activations to give yourself one weekend day off they'll say its not enough and you HAVE to work all holidays. Not some, ALL.

Two weekly early morning meetings you're made to attend, with almost none of the information pertaining to the brand activation manager position.

They market this job as you get to make your own schedule but after the meetings, and constant nagging to book more events, all for less than $40k a year, its not worth it.
Pros
Getting to bring your friends to your samplings at bars
Cons
Working every single weekend and holiday
Trade Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 29, 2017
Best people I ever worked with! Love the clients and the great brand. Handwork- you earn it. Some managers go the extra mile others are ghost. Proud to have worked for such a great company.
Pros
Great culture. Rewarding job. Handwork that I love. Great Clients.
Cons
Great job for self- motivated and on-the job learners
High End Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Travel within territory monday through friday doing 50 account calls and working some nights doing activations and consumer engaged education on High End products.

Great benefits, pay, work environment, and people.

This job is really for people who are able to get on their feet and learn the business on the job. Must be skilled in building relationships with customers and motivated to gain product placements, price specials, and grow volume within your territory.

The culture of the company is great, high expectations from higher level positions but if you execute it is very recognized and beneficial.
benefits
Cons
communication
HIgh paced, high demand - no work life balance or genuine appreciation from management
District Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 25, 2017
In the past few years Anheuser Busch has become a very cut throat company becoming desperate because of share loss. There is very high demand on it's employees to bring results very quickly or you will be terminated. Trade programs and new initiatives are not thought out very well but are expected to be executed at a high level with wholesalers and AB employees. Expect to work long hours to over analyze every aspect of the business.
Pros
Free Beer, relationships built with coworkers and wholesalers
Cons
Long hours, too many trade programs that dictate down to wholesalers
Weekend Operations
Weekend Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Plant production operator on weekend shifts only. Must follow safety regulations carefully and perform routine product quality checks. High hourly rate.
Great if you can get the apprenticeship. Not so great if you're a seasonal/weekender.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 22, 2017
As far as the job itself goes, it's amazing. The work is moderate most of the time unless you're on a rush job. The atmosphere and management could use work though.
Pros
Paid breaks and lunches, total benefits, union, guarantee'd 8 hours
Cons
Tons of forced overtime, management clearly doesn't know what they're doing, coworkers have... strong... personalities
Great co workers and job perks
HIGH END SALES REP, Seattle, USA (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 22, 2017
I really like the people i met working here. I had great benefits. Working for big companies has its downsides thought. Lack of job security .. my position was cut out of no where. .
Pros
free beer
Cons
long nights, stressful at times
Layoffs without any notice
Trade Sales Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2017
They recently layed 1000 people off in a blink of an eye. They were already focusing on the next year and having us get ready for January but the next day they fired everyone in our position with no notice. they are a fraternity with no room for advancement
Pros
free beer
Cons
layoffs and treat people out in the field like a redheaded step brother
Freindly people
Internship (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Very good place to work. The people are kind and very helpful. The do fun things to help the workplace be upbeat and this make it easy to provide great customer service to its members
Pros
Friendly and helpful
New senior management changed current roles
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 21, 2017
I loved working for the credit union up until the last few years. Change in upper management changed our philosophy and how we deal directly with our members.
Pros
Had great vacation and benefits
Corporate cascade of ideas, not all of which are executable
Trade Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
AB is, at times, a fun company to work for with plenty of brand support for the sales teams. On the other hand, there is an ever changing focus on what is important which can be frustrating. Goals change without warning and can be unrealistic.
A-B is looking for a less experienced workforce, a millennial driven workplace
CAPEX Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Was a great place to work until the A-B Inbev merger. Workforce was drastically reduced and the “do more with less” was the new normal. Were they “top heavy” as Anheuser-Busch Inc.? Yes, but they did take care of everyone who did their jobs correctly.
Pros
They were Flexible and compassionate
Cons
Ideology changed with the millennial workforce
Productive workplace, easy to move up
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Each day was a good day. I learned A LOT working there. Management was okay, she had a few things that she needed to work on but overall she tried to fix them. The job was easy for the most part. My favorite part of the job was the people that i worked with.
Trade Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 20, 2017
Made routine sales call on 50 large off premise accounts. Conducted funn and exciting promotions to drive sales. Great culture and management team. Would work here again if given the chance.
Great place to work, lack of advancement as an hourly employee
Quality Assurance Analyst / Bottler / Brewer (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CASeptember 19, 2017
Great people and community, high turnover rate for managers, about every six months they get moved around to different breweries. Good benefits but lack of growth.
You're Just a Number Here
High End Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  King County, WASeptember 19, 2017
If you truly want to feel as though you're just a number, in a stressful environment where the managers have no clear direction as to what your top priorities should be, then this is the company for you.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
2 year minimums for career advancement
Great pay but not stable
High End Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2017
Great pay but not a stable company to work for. Many employees are robots and HR is not easily accessible. They do not give you that much tools to work with and many times you feel not connected.
Love my job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 14, 2017
Awesome company to work for, hoping to get a full time offer with AB after graduation. Fingers crossed! Basically just manage a budget of around $17,750 and give out free beer.
Great Company
Trade Activation Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 13, 2017
Excellent job, sadly was cut short due to layoffs. I would speak very highly about the team and the over all job atmosphere. I wish to continue my career here in another capacity.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Layoff
Would love to come back
Off Premise High End Brands Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2017
I loved my job. Was sad to leave it. I would reapply in a second. I am actively looking for an AB job in my area that I am in now. Sometimes in sales or brand representation.
Pros
Lots of freedom
Cons
Early hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anheuser-Busch. Our community is ready to answer.