Animal Health Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Animal Health Center
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHMay 16, 2018
Great place to work! Wonderful people and always exciting to see new people and their pets. Very professional atmosphere and the veterinarians are excellent at what they do.
Its just like every place to work it has it's up and downs.
RANCH HAND (Former Employee) –  Hunter Rd. Summerville Or.April 11, 2018
Working at the Animal Health Center, I learned how to build fence and work cattle. The hardest part of the job was to break and train the calves. Chasing cattle into pins where they didn't want to go. My typical day was feeding, working fence lines, spraying weeds, weeding the fence rows. Running equipment to and from the barn.
Pros
I was able to work outside
Cons
short breaks
Very stressful, no appreciation, terrible management
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Stewartsville, NJMarch 11, 2018
The place has good job security and is a great starter job. No room for advancement in the company. Owner/manager is very terrible to work for and does not listen to staff concerns. Only paid time off is 1 week vacation. No sick days or personal days. No benefits other than a mediocre employee discount. Overall staff feels very unappreciated. Owner does not fix problems between staff but instead creates them.
Pros
won't get fired
Cons
terrible work environment
Good place
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working here and would never have left if I didn't have to move. This is a very fun, educational, and exciting place to work. Most of the clients are fairly nice.
Fast and Helping
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Watertown, WIDecember 13, 2017
A typical day at Animal Health Center is far from slow paced, some days all four lines are ringing and all are hands on deck. The front desk is always so kind and helping.
Pros
Hour lunch
Highpaced Job.
Kennel Worker (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, MSNovember 27, 2017
It was a very high paced job and lots of work. You were always busy doing something like cleaning kennels, taking dogs out, or bathing them. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Great place to learn
Volunteer Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 16, 2017
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved in the animal health field, Animal Health Center is a great place to learn! They are very kind and patient!
Office and Clerical skills
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, MO 63548October 30, 2017
I learned a lot about vaccination for cattle, horses, dogs, and cats. It was a very good learning experience and enjoyed helping the customers. The hardest part was when there was nothing more we could do to help the animal.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the animals.
Cons
The pay was not much.
Volunteer work
Volunteer - Assistant to the Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJune 11, 2017
This was volunteer work and I was an assistant to the technician supervisor.

I prepared animals and tools used for immunizations under the supervision of a technician. I observed surgeries. I disinfected materials and instruments after surgery. I helped care for housed animals. I assisted in the post-operational care of the animals. I observed and assisted in the consultations of appointments.
Productive work place.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  PSl, FLApril 20, 2017
It is extremely busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the animals. Hardest part of this job is dealing with the clients. You learn a lot from the Doctors. The doctors are great.
What I learned
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
I previously worked with the company, and a typical work day starts at 7:45 and normally doesn't end until about 6:15. There are some challenging aspects from day to day, for example, patients not happy with their bill, or management not providing the support needed for their employees to work efficiently. The workplace is comfortable for the most part.
Pros
Getting to interact with the clients and patients
Cons
management
Just don't
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Briarcliff Manor, NYJanuary 8, 2017
God-awful place to work. Boss is a nut-job and treats you like you're worthless. No benefits. Management is a joke. They expect you to work days and overnights and flip-flop them in the same week. Doctor is a hack who misdiagnoses constantly and has been sued numerous times. Cameras everywhere.
Pros
Co-workers, working with animals
Cons
Management, pay, everything
Kennel technician
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, MONovember 15, 2016
My job was only part-time for the most part sometimes if other employees had home troubles I was full-time. As far as management goes the communication and cooperation with my superiors was very good. I also learned a couple things about administering medication to the animals at the clinic I also helped with some surgeries.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Place is closed
Veterinarian Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 14, 2016
The place closed last year, due to health of owner of business. I still have to write a review for it.
awful people to work with
Veterinary Asst (Former Employee) –  West End, NCMarch 17, 2016
no teamwork among employees, terrible or no management, no benefits, no advancement . staff is not courteous to clients and talks badly behind their backs.
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2015
stressfull days
advanced medecine and procedures
management needs improvement
co-workers amicable
(Unsanitary envioment )
enjoyable part Loving care for animals
Pros
educational
Cons
unappreicated
I enjoyed working with the animals
Pet Stylist (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAMay 23, 2015
Only having to work 4 hours a day and still make what I would at a 40 hour work week. I cut the animals hair and gave them baths. The management was very unorganized which made my job more difficult. The employees were decent. I was laid off because I went on maternity leave. They told me that my job was secure because I had been there on year then the week I was to return, they told me I couldn't come back. Not a family friendly company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
disorganization
Productive and fun workplace
kennel tech (Former Employee) –  Crsetview, FlApril 19, 2015
Very friendly and non stressful environment. Reasonable length lunch breaks. (1hr-1 1/2 hrs) Most enjoyable part of the job is getting down time to spend with the animals in the kennels.
Loved it here
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 8, 2014
BUSY BUT LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS JOB. A lot of physical activity.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Love animals, dream job
Veterinarian Technician (Former Employee) –  New Village, NJDecember 3, 2013
This was a job I really enjoyed due to the my love and commitment to animal care. Only left to become full time mom,,