Animal Health Clinic Employee Reviews

They not that great
Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood Ranch, FLMarch 31, 2018
They make you pray and talk bible all day there. The manager is the wife, she preaches all day thinking she so great. They cost a lot as well. The pay was OK not great. 3 hours lunch breaks, if you say something they don't a agree with they hold it against you. They don't let you have sick days, they want you to work sick. Even if you get a doctors note they will fire you still even if you only were out few days.
Pros
working with animals
Cons
long breaks to save them money. bible preaching.
This business has since changed owners.
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAJanuary 31, 2018
This business has changed owners. This was a high school job for me many years ago. The owner has not owned this in many years. I wish to not say anything further.
Productive learning experience which i enjoyed.
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 11, 2018
Animal heath clinic helped me advance in many ways. From day 1 i was able to apply my knowledge and skills of being a receptionist and assistant to better the company.
turnover in employees is ridiculous
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIDecember 31, 2017
Hardest part of the job was pleasing the owner. Everyone's out for themselves. Not team players at all. No room for advancement, even though you're told that there is
Fun but also fast paced place to work.
Kennel Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, MODecember 13, 2017
A typical day at the Animal Health Center was to first feed and clean the animals, take them outside to use the bathroom. Secondly I would check to see if medications were needed for certain animals. After the animals were taken car of I would clean the entire building. Including taking out the trash, washing dishes, laundry, sweeping and mopping the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, and lastly anything that the vet techs needed help with. I would also take the dogs back outside before the end of the day and made sure no messes from the animals were present.
Pros
Loved caring for and seeing all the animals.
Cons
Fast paste and hard working job
Compassionate family-owned clinic
Veterinary Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAAugust 11, 2017
AHC is an excellent veterinary service. They are involved with charities, rescues, and are a low-cost clinic, providing services to clients who may otherwise not be able to afford them. The clinic has a relaxed atmosphere while maintaining excellence in care. Not only did I feel very valued as an employee, I was also treated as part of the AHC "family". The veterinarians and technician are wonderful kind-hearted people who truly advocate the best for animals and work with clients of all different backgrounds and circumstances. They are patient, smart, modest, and are happy to educate their assistants on any procedures that interest them. AHC is very respectful of work-life balance and strives to keep its employees as healthy and happy as the pets it cares for. Plus, the border collie breeding program means loads of puppies are bouncing around all the time!
Great people to work with
Assisting the veterinarians (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 16, 2016
I absolutely loved helping owners deal with the shock of their pets being ill and getting to see the smiles on their faces when we got them back to normal. I learned so much about the dynamic between people and their pets, it's family. Management could have been a little smoother, we were in a transitional period that was causing some bumps but it was smoothing out. I made many friends while I was there and one of my good friends is one of the Veterinarians who I used on my resume as a reference. Best part of the job was seeing the smile on the faces of the owners who were terrified when their babies came in ill and we helped them.
Pros
2 hour lunch breaks
Cons
short staffed quite often
Great place to work if you are an animal lover
Receptionist and Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJuly 19, 2015
It depends on the day if you are going to be busy or not. Great work environment and wonderful people to work with. If you are willing to learn they are willing to teach. The hardest part of the job I would say is of course with life there is always death, watching owners lose a loved one is difficult. I enjoyed saving lives the most. Especially the hard ones to save; the ones that seemed almost to far gone.
Pros
Hour lunch, luncheons on occasions, great people
Cons
health insurance, weekends
LOVED this job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJanuary 2, 2014
whether it was fast paced or not, I loved working at AHS. The customers were always happy to see me, and I got along great with the rest of the staff. The best part was getting to know everyone and always being able to help. There really wasnt a hard part about the job.I even got to assist as a tech when it was slow.
Animals are loved
Receptionist/Bookkeeping (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMarch 12, 2013
The staff at Animal Health Clinic take top notch care of your pets.
Pros
lunch and learns are very informative and educational
Cons
some staff members make it difficult to get along on a daily basis.
Raining cats and dogs
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSJanuary 31, 2013
On a typical work day I would make call backs to customers that were unsatisfied for one reason or another, I would confirm schedules, payroll, and timecards. I made sure that the employees were following OCEA Safety regulations, FDA regulations, and regulations set forth by other associations. I learned that I love working in an office environment. I like the fast pace and the need to make sure that everything is done and done correctly. I got along well with my fellow co-workers, and I am still friends with many of them even though I have not worked there in a year. With that being said their is a time for friendship and a time for work. The hardest part of my job was working for the management or the Doctors at the clinic. They were great people and great bosses , however, the worst habit that I had to work around was if even one employee complained to one of the doctors then new rules needed to be made. New policies needed to be put in place. I understand that sometimes those things do need to be done, however, not the way it was done there. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend time with the animals. It was a veterinary clinic that I worked for and there was a lot of traffic and it was great.
Pros
discounted pet services
Cons
needing to available via my personal cell phone anytime 24/7
Productive and good place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLNovember 19, 2012
A typical day at work was answering phones, filing, adding new patients in computer, calling to request previous vets medical records, getting weights on all animals, placing clients and patients in the correct rooms, answered all phone calls and assisted in administrative duties when needed.
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
no benefits