Animal Medical Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very one sided and unfair and dramatic stressful workplace
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 25, 2018
Majority of employees trash talk kennel techs. We are taken as a joke with any concerns. We are left out of almost every group lunch meant for the entire clinic. As a kennel tech you will be treated like trash. No health or dental or vision benefits. Very low pay and no yearly pay raise. The work is degrading because no other section cleans up after themselves. Kennel techs clean up everything from everyone and stay late doing so. Snobby receptionists that gossip NONSTOP but are "perfect" in the client's eye. It is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. Management does not take care of issues like bullying and disrespectful employees talking down to others. The entire employment line is like a pyramid. The people that work the hardest and do the most get the least amount of pay while being disrespected. The employees that do the least strenuous are the ones with the worst attitudes towards others and management doesn't care.
Pros
Free lunch on occasion, spending time with animals
Cons
No benefits, issues overlooked, basically everything else
productive
Kennel Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 24, 2016
great job, fun clients, loving animals, excellent doctors, inexpensive services, cheap pay, wonderful team members
Dedicated, Friendly Workplace
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 19, 2014
One of my favorite workplaces. Learned many practices and procedures, from phlebotomy, x-ray technician skills, anesthesiologist, surgical assistance, small to large animal assistance, dentistry, and general healthcare. All these practices were performed on non-human species, where one would have to focus on their skills, reading an animal for the best judgement on pain, treatment, and general healthcare. The defining moment of working in healthcare for me. My bosses were dedicated, and very knowledgeable with the many years of experience, behind them. A family environment to where I still attended Employee Christmas Parties several years after i had left. The hardest part of the job, was the attachment you gained to the clients and patients. When their time had come to pass on, it was hard to let go.
Pros
Excellant stepping stone for learning experiences.
Cons
No pay increase for a long period of time.
Excelent place to work
Variety of Everything (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 9, 2013
A typical day at work is watching a surgery on an animal, cleaning the rooms, or restocking stuff. I learned about different types of medicine for animals and how serious the injuriescan be and can get. the manager was friendly and very helpful. my co-workers helped me if I needed it and were very friendly. the hardest part of the job was seeing an animal in serious pain and seeing an animal be put to sleep. the best part of the job was getting to work with some of the animals
Pros
free snacks