Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful, fast paced.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
I was paid very low amount of money for hard work. Was not trained properly, resulting in work place accidents such as getting bit by dogs. Coworkers at the time were easy to work with, but I did not see eye to eye with the manager/veterinarian, and disagreed with the pay.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work and great people! Highly respected veterinary practice in the area with wonderful clients. I recommend everyone I know who has a dog or cat to stop by the clinic to meet the doctors and the staff.
Great place to work, wonderful people
Client Relations Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401June 22, 2018
AMC is a God fearing and wonderful place to work. It is a vey fast paced atmosphere. They have meetings every 2 weeks where they sit every one down as a whole clinic and explain new things to them
Fun and interesting experience
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 9, 2018
I loved the job itself and helping owners with their pets. It was hard work but well worth it and enjoyable. Sometimes it was tough but the animals always came first.
Productive yet fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 13, 2018
Lots of stuff always happening, never a dull moment. Good people there with strong bonds. Everyone has a can-do will-do attitude, overall a very positive environment.
Pros
Two hour Lunches
Cons
Can get a little hectic
Very Interesting Place to work
Kennel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 27, 2018
A great place to work. The doctors are very easy to talk to and listen to employee concerns or comments. Management helps teach and involve employees. Management tries hard to have events for employees and a weekly Clinic meeting.
Pros
Very interesting and learning environment
Cons
No set schedule for annual reviews/ input
animal care tech
Clinic Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
walk dogs. cleaned kennels if needed. provide customer service to clients during admittance. assist with spay and neuters in operating rooms. data entry
Love working with animals
Kennel supervisor (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 18, 2018
Love working with the different animals and learning how to treat specific issues. This job requires interaction with emergency issues that can be stressful but a great learning experience.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and hours
Wonderful Work Environment
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 18, 2018
Overall, this was a wonderful place to work! Owner/manager was a phenomenal veterinarian and was very fair to his employees. Working with the doctors, techs, and receptionists really made the days fun because they quickly became like family. If given the chance, would go back to work with this company in a heartbeat!!
Fun and busy place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 30, 2018
I loved working here. Everyone was very sweet and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the animals and their owners. The vets knew I was interested in medicine and even though it was on animals, I got to observe surgeries and they'd teach me about different disease and why they treat them the way they do. I learned how to manage customers in tough, emotional situations. The workplace was a little unorganized which made it hard to please the customers 110%. The hardest part of this job was knowing the right things to say when people are about to put their dog down. It was also hard to not get attached to the patients.
Positive work environment, unified staff, wonderful doctors
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 20, 2018
Animal sonography is obviously a bit harder than human sonography. Reasons: animals don't sit still or hold their breath. Must shave animal before scan. Small animal anatomy only slightly from humans.
Pros
Get to work with and help animals
Cons
Animals dont sit still
Enjoyed the doctors
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2018
Everyone is really nice, and good at what they do. I love the doctors. I found it hard to feel like part of the team. It is a bit of a cliquish environment. It is a very strangely corporate setting.
Got to love animals and work under stress
Accounting Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSFebruary 22, 2018
Working was fun but alot of uncalled for drama between the employees. The hours were 7 days a week for some employees and long hours. Including every weekend travel.
Animal Medical Center of Plano is a great clinic!
Veterinary Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 14, 2018
I have only positive things to say- great group of receptionists and doctors. I would have loved to have stayed at this clinic, but really want and need a full-time job.
Positive and caring environment
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoy working here and if I the commute didn’t take such a toll on me, I would love to remain employed here. Dr. Bains is a great person and knowledgeable man who is always honest and very trustworthy. The staff is like my second family. We’ve bonded and have gotten very close over the last two years. The dynamic of this office is wonderful. Very friendly, great communication, great clients and pets, clean, organized, and everyone works as a team.
Pros
I enjoyed being able to bring my pets with me to work every now and then
Cons
Only performed routine surgeries, no ultrasound or mri equipment
Love working with animals
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVDecember 26, 2017
Very nice place to work, but due to the months of Jan and Feb being their slow months, I am on a as call basic. The staff also are very friendly to work with.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A place I learned many useful skills.
Veterinary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WADecember 7, 2017
Working at Animal Medical Center for 19 years gave me knowledge in working with other staff members and with the public in a productive manner. I have learned how to multitask, become very well organized, and extremely timely. I love my job and the best part of it is helping others whether it is the animals or their owners. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help and seeing the pain people feel from losing a loved pet. I will miss working at Animal Medical Center but look forward to new adventures.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours
Cons
No overtime, No benefits
That becomes your home
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSDecember 3, 2017
Mon-fri you work 8 am to 5 pm. Every weekend you traveled out of town. Could not miss a weekend or it was bye bye too you. Not enough pay for the amount of work.
Good work place -- Great managment!
Veterinary Technician and Receptionist (Former Employee) –  1536 E Anderson ln. austin tx 78752December 1, 2017
Get to work in the morning , get right to work. Usually stay busy all day which is good. I received a lot of new lab training. The management is wonderful. And can give constructive criticism appropriately. The hardest part of the job can be learning how to deal with upset clients. This was also helpful to learn. The most enjoyable part of the job would be pleasing the clients.
Pros
Working with animals!
Cons
Can be a sad enviornment at times dealing with sick animals.
Poor Management and Understaffed
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 27, 2017
Management lacks understanding. They do not take the information or feedback that is given when an employee obviously is in need of more assistance or training. The doctors are never around when you need them overnight and some barely answer their phone. When they do answer the phone they are angry that you called. They expect you to to complete the tasks of the receptionist, janitor, kennel tech, vet assistant, and vet techs overnight. The training is unorganized and confusing because you get paired with random coworkers doing assistant work. Some of the doctors dont care to fill out their paperwork about the animal so you have to do the physical exam, write down the meds, figure out the dose and give them, while answering the phones, checking in other clients and monitoring critical care patients in the back. And dont let me forget that you need to keep up with laundry. The managers will act as if they care about your feedback but in reality they just think you arent good enough for the job. When asked for help on over 20 patients to monitor, I was told to make a list of the most important. Well sorry if your pet wasnt on my top 5. Honestly feel bad for any technician who has to handle that many responsibilities by theirself at night while keeping patients alive. This establishment needs better protocols and more overnight staff. They should also consider rotating their staff from dayshift whenever the night techs go on vacation instead of overworking your other night techs. After working more than enough overtime I deserved a vacation to get away and gather my thoughts and  more... energy. But they could care less because they have done it before. Yet none of them are working the overnight position.  less
Pros
Daytime shift, benefits, great hours, great coworkers
Cons
poor management, understaffed, lack of understanding, lack of training