Animal Medical Center Employee Reviews

Animal Medical Center is a wonderful place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 1, 2018
We were a fast past animal hospital. Caring for all animal in so many saturations I placed orders, payroll, scheduling, hiring, firing and could fill any position needed to be filled.. The only reason I left is I was as far as I could go and no benefits.
Pros
It was like a family
Cons
No insurance
Awful place to work!. Horrible!!!
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Tiger Point, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Very rude to employees. Both management and the employees that have been there 10+ years.
Never a steady schedule and will move you around. I will never ever work there again I had to work all day on christmas and recieved no holiday pay!! None!!!
Pros
None.
Cons
30 min unpaid lunch 11 hr shifts
A great place
Floater (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CASeptember 17, 2018
I have worked at AMC mission Viejo for 12 years. At times we are understaffed. But I feel like we offer amazing care to our clients and family. Any job is what you make it. There is always room to move forward, but that is assuming you take responsibility and actually progress yourself. I finished college and will be looking for a new job in human medicine. I could not of done it without the support of AMC. Wherever i go i will miss it here. and may work part time if its doable.(:
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staffed
Good and bad workplace atmosphere
Animal Aide and Restrainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2018
A typical work day consisted of making sure all animal cages were cleaned at the beginning, middle and end of my shift. I learned how to restrain animals and I learned how to administer medications orally and injection. Here the management was not the best. The hardest part of this job was the fact that I was was the only person on my shift and all of the work fell on my shoulders. The best part of this job was the staff.
Pros
good teachers
Cons
horrible pay
horrible management , didnt care about customers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAAugust 21, 2018
Working at animal medical center was very stressful. The management was horrible, they played favorites and were only worried about the money they made not the animals they saved.
Pros
experience in the vet field
Cons
stressful, short breaks, no sick days
It was a great first job
Kennel Staff (Former Employee) –  IdahoAugust 15, 2018
Though this business is no longer open, but it was so much fun to work here the staff was so kind and taught me so much about animals. I absolutely loved going to work every day
Pros
a lot of knowledge
Cons
low pay
Animal medical center
East 62nd st - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
I was a volunteer for over a year . I do know the pay and benefits are all good . I did try to reapply for a part-time paid position but I was declined for not having enough experience. That truly was heart breaking due to the fact that my mindset really wanted to do more and be more in the medical fields
Stressful, fast paced.
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 11, 2018
I was paid very low amount of money for hard work. Was not trained properly, resulting in work place accidents such as getting bit by dogs. Coworkers at the time were easy to work with, but I did not see eye to eye with the manager/veterinarian, and disagreed with the pay.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJuly 9, 2018
Great place to work and great people! Highly respected veterinary practice in the area with wonderful clients. I recommend everyone I know who has a dog or cat to stop by the clinic to meet the doctors and the staff.
Great place to work, wonderful people
Client Relations Department Leader (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401June 22, 2018
AMC is a God fearing and wonderful place to work. It is a vey fast paced atmosphere. They have meetings every 2 weeks where they sit every one down as a whole clinic and explain new things to them
Fun and interesting experience
Veterinary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJune 9, 2018
I loved the job itself and helping owners with their pets. It was hard work but well worth it and enjoyable. Sometimes it was tough but the animals always came first.
Productive yet fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 13, 2018
Lots of stuff always happening, never a dull moment. Good people there with strong bonds. Everyone has a can-do will-do attitude, overall a very positive environment.
Pros
Two hour Lunches
Cons
Can get a little hectic
Very Interesting Place to work
Kennel Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 27, 2018
A great place to work. The doctors are very easy to talk to and listen to employee concerns or comments. Management helps teach and involve employees. Management tries hard to have events for employees and a weekly Clinic meeting.
Pros
Very interesting and learning environment
Cons
No set schedule for annual reviews/ input
animal care tech
Clinic Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
walk dogs. cleaned kennels if needed. provide customer service to clients during admittance. assist with spay and neuters in operating rooms. data entry
Love working with animals
Kennel supervisor (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 18, 2018
Love working with the different animals and learning how to treat specific issues. This job requires interaction with emergency issues that can be stressful but a great learning experience.
Benefits
Cons
Pay and hours
Wonderful Work Environment
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 18, 2018
Overall, this was a wonderful place to work! Owner/manager was a phenomenal veterinarian and was very fair to his employees. Working with the doctors, techs, and receptionists really made the days fun because they quickly became like family. If given the chance, would go back to work with this company in a heartbeat!!
Fun and busy place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIMarch 30, 2018
I loved working here. Everyone was very sweet and helpful. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the animals and their owners. The vets knew I was interested in medicine and even though it was on animals, I got to observe surgeries and they'd teach me about different disease and why they treat them the way they do. I learned how to manage customers in tough, emotional situations. The workplace was a little unorganized which made it hard to please the customers 110%. The hardest part of this job was knowing the right things to say when people are about to put their dog down. It was also hard to not get attached to the patients.
Positive work environment, unified staff, wonderful doctors
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLMarch 20, 2018
Animal sonography is obviously a bit harder than human sonography. Reasons: animals don't sit still or hold their breath. Must shave animal before scan. Small animal anatomy only slightly from humans.
Pros
Get to work with and help animals
Cons
Animals dont sit still
Enjoyed the doctors
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 1, 2018
Everyone is really nice, and good at what they do. I love the doctors. I found it hard to feel like part of the team. It is a bit of a cliquish environment. It is a very strangely corporate setting.
Got to love animals and work under stress
Accounting Manager/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSFebruary 22, 2018
Working was fun but alot of uncalled for drama between the employees. The hours were 7 days a week for some employees and long hours. Including every weekend travel.