Animal Supply Company

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good coworkers Bad management

The employees were welcoming but after while there’d be drama. Management is poor when handling personal matters and job site workers. The pay was okie at first but didn’t get a ride till two years of working there.Only thing good about the job was a 3 day weekend

Great company! I'd work here again. Management is great. The work is rewarding. Coworkers are great. The culture is great. I'd boomerang back. Such a great company.

I have nothing bad to say I can only praise them as a well groomed company.

I have nothing bad to say I can only praise him Just kind amazing people I never learned so much about business in my life. I had a team under me of seals people I created and it was amazing I never thought I could do the things I did and I’m very proud of myself and they were also

Stay away from this company

Poor Management . No chance for advancement unless you like to kiss butt. Or you are in with with the big " Boys" . My advice to anyone DO NO WASTE YOUR TIME MOVE ON!!!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Micromanagement, cut throat, buddy system.

Low pay for the amount of work and hours and stressful environment. Favoritism towards certain people

Worked there for almost 2 years and new people were making same amount of money as I was. I hit goals almost all the time and worked my butt off but was passed up on too many opportunities. It killed my back and knees and most of the equipment was not safe. Power would shut off on electric pallet jack as you drove them. Alot of favoritism towards lazy people and certain people they liked more. Worst part is after I left no one has called to even ask what could of been done to fix the issues. I got tired of empty promises and it was a waste of my time working there.

Pros

You receive a paycheck

Cons

You get treated like a outcast if you are new or not part of the ingroup, leave every day hurting.

Drama

I enjoyed my job as a Buyer at ASC but felt like I got nowhere. Vendors would come visit our facility but the purchasing manager would never let the buyers meet them or talk to them, which I thought was really strange. It’s hard to build a business relationship that way. There was also LOTS of drama in our department between the purchasing manager & one of the buyers - they’d been in a relationship with each other at one point that went south. My first week there they started yelling & cussing at each other from different ends of the purchasing office, with all 6 of the other buyers in the room. Talk about drama! HR would do nothing about it because the purchasing manager, the President of the company, and other members of upper management were all share holders and part of the “Good ‘ol Boys Club”. I started looking for another job not long after I started.

Pros

Good hours, good location

Cons

Distasteful Management, No room for advancement, Toxic Culture, Pay, Tainted HR system

Great place to work if you want to be fired or laid off!

Pay is low, this is a job to have while you look for something else. They will treat you wonderfully until they fire you or lay you off out of the blue - tenure not mattering. I've watched people with 15 years tenure laid off, myself was 7 years.

Pros

Received some sort of bag for Christmas each year. Duffle bag, lunch bag, backpack, etc.

Cons

Low pay, horrible job security, backstabbing, people get fired, and I swear it's true, because the gas prices rose nationally.

Great company and benefits

Great team environment and good company culture. Enjoyed my work day and working with my team. Company has great benefits and there is room for advancement.

Company is unstable

Company has many issues with upper management. They had several waves of lay offs in the 2 yrs. I was there. They offices and warehouses are in different locations nationwide. The Texas office clearly has favoritism. They don't appreciate the hard work of the lower ranking positions and employees.

it was terrible.

the managers have 0 people people skills. the hours are extremely unreasonable. they expect you to work 5 12 hour shifts. Also, people don’t wear deodorant there and there’s no air conditioning. the aisles smelled putrid. and it was so dusty that when you blow your nose, your snot is black. not to mention i went home so exhausted every night and woke up feet burning from how bad they ached. i wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy. i would not suggest this job to anyone. don’t even waste your time with it

Pros

no pros

Cons

everything

Good coworkers, bad everything else

It's an easy job if you need cash right away, but the hours are exhausting. If you go through a temp agency, chances are that the hours they told you are not the hours they actually are. They spring the overtime onto you at the end of the days usually, or tell you you're working later on that day.If you get out at 1:00am or 1:30am it's been a good day.

Not worth it

The night supervisors are a joke. If you’re not related to them or in their group of friends you get treated like dirt. The lazy people get away with everything. Nobody is held accountable for any wrong doing. If you plan a vacation they wait til the last minute to approve it. They don’t listen to any safety issues so there’s a chance you’ll end up in the hospital. They if you learn how to work in a different zone you get paid extra for learning to work there but gives you a song and dance why they won’t give you the pay for learning that zone after you’ve been working in that zone for a few months already. Management needs to change and stop playing favorites and protecting their family members jobs and run it like an actual business. They can’t do the job right retrain them. They still can’t it’s time for them to go.

Pros

You get exercise while you work

Cons

You can’t live on the wages the give and treated unfairly if not related.

It’s a job

They will find a reason to fire you if they don’t like you. They cater to their friends and to the rest get nothing… overtime I’m dropped on you without notice..

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Everything else

Not a horrible job if you are desperate

Low pay, few benefits and always short handed. Its would not be a horrible job to get some experience at. But seeing as they are always short handed it becomes a very frustrating job very quickly.

Pros

vacation time

Cons

Old equipment that they refuse to fix even if it is a safety hazard.

Staff and doctors are great! The doctors are really nice and they always are ready to help with any questions. Techs sometimes give rude looks however.

Very Long Hours, Poor Management.

Management says they listen to feedback. Little to nothing changes.Hours are exceedingly long the schedule is abhorrently non-uniform. You don't know when you're leaving. You don't start the same time everyday if you're on first shift. They often won't tell you when you're starting the next day until the end of that day.When I was working with orders that ship via LTL, common carrier, fed ex and so on, I was made to use my own vehicle to get orders shipped via fed ex to the fed ex facility prior to moving to a new building. I was not compensated for mileage on my vehicle.The stress of that position was also very detrimental to my mental health. When a position in the freezer opened up, I took it.However, the freezer, after about 3 years, also started to suffer. Mostly from management not being able to handle the amount of product we got in. Literally did not have the up stock space for all of it. You would have to pick orders through slim caverns between the racking and the skids left on the floor big enough for only one person. Within the warehouse as a whole, Friday used to be the day we got out early and get a bit of a head start on Monday's run. Due to another location not carrying certain product, it fell to us to supplement those entire orders for them. We did this on Friday. Did the workers have any say? No. Management on a national scale just decided this. The detrimental effects this had on hours and the work schedule as a whole were significant. Monday through Wednesday became 10 to 12 hours regularly, Thursday was usually 8-10 and Friday was always 10. In -

Pros

Sometimes they order pizza

Cons

Very long hours, non-uniform schedule, low wages

Workers flow in and out . Constant firings if you don’t “stick to the program”

hire inexperienced management but treat more experienced workers unfairly. New hires under microscope with no room to grow. Women treated differently even though they’re doing the same work. Just overall unprofessional environment.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Prejudice Management, unfair compensation, Unprofessional

Company started off great but changed

ASC started as a great company but sold and merged and unfortunately changed. Great people to work together selling great products. Unfortunately the changes were out of the control of the local management.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Always changing compensation plans with inconsistencies

driver

poor management, typical driver job, they push you to the limits and just a bit beyond what is legal according to DOT. Will not back their drivers up

Good Company to work with

Good driving job, the work is straightforward and pretty easy. Deliveries are made using electric pallet jacks and lift gates. All driving jobs are day shift and your work week is limited to four days per week (not always consecutive). The benefits are good but the pay is on the low side. Starting drivers can expect $22.50 per hour but don't expect any OT. Management is good but overworked. The Denver Branch Manager is a former driver and treats us well. The equipment could be better but it's functional. My only issue with ASC is the four day work week and lack of OT. I'm lucky because I have two overnight runs so I always get 40 hours and every now and then a little OT. Local guys are not as fortunate, they're lucky if they get 40 hours a week.

Pros

Good management, good benefits, pet food discounts

Cons

Four day work week, no OT

They genuinely care about you!

As of the company as a whole, and to the management team... I felt like they genuinely cared about my growth in the company and me as a person! As of all the co-workers... we had to work together to be successful. Every aspect about this job was spot on for what I was looking for in a job. Honestly thee BEST job I’ve ever had. They were always willing to work with me and made me feel important and like I mattered. If you do your part for the team... they will do their part for you. Management is easy to go to talk to. They are understanding and willing to give you the time a day to hear what you have to say. They just want you to show up on time, do your part to get the job done, and if you able to do that much... You’ll work out just fine!Jacqueline Bailey

Pros

They are willing to work with you and be flexible for you.

Cons

Can’t think of any!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Animal Supply Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight