Anixter Employee Reviews

Tense Work Enviornment with False Advancement Expectations
Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 14, 2019
For the duration that I was employed at Anixter I found it to be very tense and uninviting. Not only was I given false expectations regarding my role but also advancement opportunities. A greater percentage of the employees were very unprofessional. I would not recommend a carrier with this company.
Pros
Never bored; always learning something new
Cons
unprofessional; overreactive employees;
Productive, fast pace enviornment
Forklift Operator / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2019
Order picker/ Forklift driver i get Og&e parts from the rack thats been order afterwards completing the order i surrend-wrap and weight the pallet then mark were its going to. its nothing hard about the job just make sure everything done correct and going to the right place.
Terrible
Contractor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2019
This was definitely a good ole boys club and treated women with disrespect. Leadership was rude and focused solely on the bottom line. Hostile working environment for anyone who spoke out.
was a very good place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Loved working there. To bad all it jobs were gone by the end of 2018.
Ibm india took approx. 80 jobs. New software packages were added and we didn't have a problem learning these. Pretty much was a mainframe zos computer room. At one time we did have ibm as400 as well.
good place stable job
field technician (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2019
Replaced meters, traveled to different states tor replace meters for different sub contractors who hired anixter employees. When no jobs for outside was needed you would work in the warehouse.
Anixter review
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 1, 2019
Great place to work. Casual environment and co-workers are supportive and will help get you up to speed. It takes time to learn the various products that the customers need and their are various resources available to help you learn.
Pros
the people
Cons
opportunity for advancement
Company was ok management didn't know anything constant lies.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 9, 2018
Company was ok management didn't know anything constant lies. Many of my piers were started at higher pay with way less experience and still wasn't fixed even after the fact.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Productive and fun place to work at
Credit/Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXDecember 5, 2018
The manager was very nice and she understood that sometimes we need 'ice breaker' to release stress from our busy work. She's an awesome person and Anixter, Inc was a good company to work for
Anixter is great
Forklift picker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 28, 2018
Anixter International is a company based in Glenview, Illinois, United States and founded in 1957. The company supplies communications and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable
Pros
Free lunch
It's been a long time since I worked there.
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 25, 2018
I'm surprised I need to give 150 characters on a company I haven't interacted with in over 10 years. I learned the bulk of my experience in Channel sales, sales management, vendor management while there. It's an excellent place to network, too.
Worst job ever
ANIXTER SALES (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 23, 2018
Only the sales people are responsible for the actions of the entire company. Nobody does their job in support , commissions were taken 4 months after I started . Backlog was never closed no matter how much you sold you would never hit commission plan. No accountability from any warehouse, PA S , They taxed you at 50% on commission if you even closed your book of business for the month , which they internally sat on . Incredible amount of stress to deal with for little money.
Pros
Great people in sales, great medical and dental benefits
Cons
No one does their job
Its a ok place to work
Fork Truck Driver wire cutter (Former Employee) –  AlsipNovember 20, 2018
It's a ok place to work long hours mangers was ok to many changes not consistent enough with and how each department was ran. They didnt value the employee opinions that much
Benefits
Good Luck!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2018
You are fortunate if you don’t become the subject of a Federal Government investigation. Google “Anixter” and “Department of Justice”. There was always sufficient “Incentives” paid to win contracts.
Pros
Plenty of bribe money
Cons
Federal Prison
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
Overall good place to work but opportunities for advancement outside of the corporate office are limited. The compensation is below average compared to other companies of this size. The company is top heavy and the leadership team is not diverse.
Nice place to work
Financial Analyst/Bonus Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILSeptember 9, 2018
Anixter, Inc is a large company. The benefits are OK. There are opportunities to grow within the company. Anixter prefer to promote within rather than hiring from outside
Nice, comfortable, and stimulating work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 24, 2018
The people at Anixter are great. The management is great to work with. The assignments I got were enriching, but I was always comfortable that I could find help if needed.
Supportive management and advancement opportunities
Account Executive / Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
Good place to work, team atmosphere and good benefits. Managers do not micromanage their employees. Work was flexible and there weren't issues with taking time off.
Good place to work!
Finance (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 21, 2018
Good place to work for people starting a career or who need a flexible work schedule. Easy access to leadership. Friendly work environment. Really like the people!
Anixter isnt' what is used to be
IS Procurement Buyer (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILAugust 16, 2018
Anixter is a mom and pop culture to a corporatized culture. Who you work for makes a big difference, but no job is secure that an extra buck can be made by outsourcing. Who you work for makes a difference as far as the day-to-day experience, but the focus is more on chasing money than quality of living.

In the main headquarters, money used to be spent on summer party and a holiday party. That's been pared down to a holiday meal served by the cafeteria staff.
Pros
informality built within the culture
Cons
it has become corporatized
Warehouse associate
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILAugust 15, 2018
ok place to work for they train you for the forklift which is a plus. the company offers lots of overtime if you like overtime. people are friendly, also is management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anixter. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about