Anixter Employee Reviews

Not a job for blacks
international clerk (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILFebruary 13, 2019
They will use u till they feel they don't need u anymore or work u and then fired you. They will find anything to pentalies you , they point system sucks dont properly train people either
Its better to keep looking
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2019
The company most definitely doesn't care for the well being of its lower workers. If your sales or corporate then you have nothing to worry about and are golden.
The pay for the amount of work you do is considered well below what it should be.
Pros
health benefits are good
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional management, lack of decent pto, Pay
Good Company that takes care of their employees
Corporate Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 7, 2019
I can't say enough good things about the time I spent working for Anixter. If I had any complaints, it would be the amount of time I spent on the commute to and from the location in Glenview, Illinois.

I first started as a LAN Admin (their name for a Deskside Support Technician) on contract. they liked my work so much that they contracted me to work as a Help Desk Analyst (their name for Level 1 Phone Support), and then brought me on as a full-time employee. In all that time (almost 5 years altogether) they treat everyone with respect and listen to you if you have ideas or questions.

Unfortunately, in my last year, I had an issue that I needed surgery on, and due to complications from the surgery, I was unable to keep the position. I can't say enough about how they tried to work with me, that they waited until the FMLA timetable ran out and even then some before they had to fill the position I was unable to do effectively anymore. I have since recovered fully, and if they had the position still available, I would probably make another go at it.
Pros
Company Picnics twice a year with some of the best food I ever had, A Cafeteria on-site for breakfast and lunch, College Tuition help
Cons
Located in Glenview, Il, so a trek for those south of Division in Chicago
Good place to work.
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NY 11101February 5, 2019
Great conversations with co-worker and management the comfort level was great. Its good when you can agree to disagree with people you respect. Good place to work.
Pros
having your own truck
Cons
insurance wasn't that good
Very Stressful
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 3, 2019
What I did from 8 to 5pm everyday, was nothing like what the Key Responsibilities indicated on the job posting.
I spent 95% of my day approving and releasing orders.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not Sure
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 30, 2019
Love this company and would recommend it to anyone. Great atomosphere to be in. People are friendly and willing to help as much as they can. They train you until youre comfortable doing things on your own.
Eh.
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 30, 2019
Anixter is a decent company to work for if you're a sales person...Most of the time (though I've heard plenty of complaints from the sales people too). If you're not a sales person, you have little chance for advancement regardless of how much Anixter touts how much it cares about its employees.

Management ranges, as with any large company, but so far I've had managers that were never around and knew next to nothing about the companies processes or didn't have one because they took so long to fill the spot. When they did find someone, he had no industry experience which doesn't make sense.

I've made it known to multiple people on multiple levels about my desire for advancement and have made it known my willingness to do what is necessary for such a goal. I have been ignored every time with promises to revisit.

Culturally, Anixter is laid back up until they're not and, I hate to say, it's a bit of a good ol' boys club in here. The nepotism is rampant. There is one sales desk in particular that keeps rotating out. Every time it's filled, the person already knows another coworker's circle of people. They go to the same weddings, the same parties, because they aren't that far removed from one another. I even work with my coworker's nephew. It ends up making little cliques which is annoying all on its own.

All in all, not a terrible place to work. Not a great place, either. And for me personally, not worth the commute.
Pros
Free Lunches, Relaxed Environment (for the most part)
Cons
Poor managers all around, lack of advancement
May have improved since I was there.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 22, 2019
When I was there management was horrible, I dreaded going to work every day. Their systems were homemade and very slow, I would find myself putting in extra hours to simply respond to a bid. Most of the benefits only benefit those at the corporate facility and the individual offices all run very differently.
Pros
I got training on new technology and a different look at the industry.
Cons
I disliked going to work daily.
typical work day
INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST (CUSTOMER) (Former Employee) –  rocklin caJanuary 17, 2019
high volume calls
networking
meeting new people/new companies
Great!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 16, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Anixter. They were fantastic in all aspects. They had excellent training and the management really cared about what went on.
Tense Work Enviornment with False Advancement Expectations
Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 14, 2019
For the duration that I was employed at Anixter I found it to be very tense and uninviting. Not only was I given false expectations regarding my role but also advancement opportunities. A greater percentage of the employees were very unprofessional. I would not recommend a carrier with this company.
Pros
Never bored; always learning something new
Cons
unprofessional; overreactive employees;
Productive, fast pace enviornment
Forklift Operator / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2019
Order picker/ Forklift driver i get Og&e parts from the rack thats been order afterwards completing the order i surrend-wrap and weight the pallet then mark were its going to. its nothing hard about the job just make sure everything done correct and going to the right place.
Terrible
Contractor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2019
This was definitely a good ole boys club and treated women with disrespect. Leadership was rude and focused solely on the bottom line. Hostile working environment for anyone who spoke out.
was a very good place to work
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Loved working there. To bad all it jobs were gone by the end of 2018.
Ibm india took approx. 80 jobs. New software packages were added and we didn't have a problem learning these. Pretty much was a mainframe zos computer room. At one time we did have ibm as400 as well.
good place stable job
field technician (Current Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2019
Replaced meters, traveled to different states tor replace meters for different sub contractors who hired anixter employees. When no jobs for outside was needed you would work in the warehouse.
Anixter review
Sales Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJanuary 1, 2019
Great place to work. Casual environment and co-workers are supportive and will help get you up to speed. It takes time to learn the various products that the customers need and their are various resources available to help you learn.
Pros
the people
Cons
opportunity for advancement
Former Employee
Employee (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 10, 2018
Anixter was a great place to work. They took care of their employees very well. Lots of Opportunities to advance within the company. Good Culture throughout company.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to advance
Cons
Company was ok management didn't know anything constant lies.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILDecember 9, 2018
Company was ok management didn't know anything constant lies. Many of my piers were started at higher pay with way less experience and still wasn't fixed even after the fact.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Productive and fun place to work at
Credit/Collection Associate (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXDecember 5, 2018
The manager was very nice and she understood that sometimes we need 'ice breaker' to release stress from our busy work. She's an awesome person and Anixter, Inc was a good company to work for
Anixter is great
Forklift picker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 28, 2018
Anixter International is a company based in Glenview, Illinois, United States and founded in 1957. The company supplies communications and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anixter. Our community is ready to answer.