Anixter Employee Reviews

Great Company
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 16, 2018
Great company and work environment. Relaxed environment with yearly pay raises based on overall supervisory performance and recommendation (usually 3-4%).
Pros
Low stress, good pay, outstanding manager
Cons
Contract
Productive and fun playing after works
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2018
It is a business to meet the customer needs which the number one goal of the company. The customers served with the highly satisfied service providing from the company. During the time off, it was fun playing basketball and football with the co workers. It is our time to release all the stressful feeling from working.
Pros
Free lunches and Holiday dinner.
Cons
long break
Not for me
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILJune 4, 2018
There are many people who have had long careers at Anixter. If you are one to contribute more then just your basic responsibilities then this company is not for you.
Great
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJune 4, 2018
Its a great place to work. The employees are friendly. The company make sure they take care of their employees. The company makes sure you dont do anything uncomfortable.
Warehouse/Picker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2018
I really have no complaints about this company. Great work life balance. Great benefits. Clean environment. That's pretty much all I have to say about this company.
Hostile/Stressful work environment at local branch
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2018
Very stressful work environment in local branch. Keep in mind this is from an inside sales persons perspective- but the pressure on outside sales is even worse. Overworked co-workers have no patience when it comes to training new employee's. So its pretty much sink or swim. Manager is friendly and helpful but is not empowered to add the additional help needed due to the tight corporate controls, he recognizes the stress but can do little about it. This position is advertised to have a monthly bonus program but be warned it was not clearly spelled out for me and was changed to suit the companies needs and they failed to pay me for the 1st full month bonus even though I met every objective and was indicated a monthly payment on my offer letter. It is one of the smallest bonus programs I have ever seen for an inside sales person who is responsible for so much business- though they were supposedly improving it. Pay here is mediocre, health benefits are very expensive and coverage is horrible for a company with more than 8K employees worldwide. Prescription benefit company is horrible. 1st years vacation is less than 1 week. You do have a 401K and a modest pension plan. If you are just starting in sales this might be a good fit.
Pros
Free lunches from vendors at times.
Cons
Stressful work environment, mediocre pay, poor unclearly defined bonus program
Great Center Management Low Pay
Warehouse/Driver (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 7, 2018
The coworkers and management at the Conroe center are great. Very easy going as long as you do your job. There is almost no chance to advance here and the pay is not enough to support a family (Single person it's enough).
Pros
Very Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Low hours and low pay
Very professional company
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 6, 2018
The training they provide is fast and effective. There is a lot to keep track of in this position, but you develop a rhythm after a little while. Everyone there is professional and career-driven.
Pros
Professional
Cons
I can't think of any
Credit department
CREDIT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 27, 2018
Accepted a contract job in the credit department with the hopes of becoming a permanent employee, bi mistake. the department is porly run you'll work for peanuts.
Pros
nice cafeteria
Cons
1 hour unpaid lunch
Good place to work unless your job is outsourced
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILMarch 24, 2018
Happened to me and had to look for new job. I was given a month warning though. I had to apply for other jobs at Anixter like outsiders which didn't bode well with me.
Pros
steady salary, standard benefits
Cons
spotty training
Temp
CERTIFIED FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Alsip ILMarch 8, 2018
I did like the job that the Temp Service had placed me with, but when my 90 days was up for them to hire me on full time, they didn't want to they wanted to stay at the pay rate I was at but working long hrs.
Good company to work for
Order Filler, Forklift Operator, Scan Gun, Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMarch 4, 2018
Liked the work environment. Public transportation to the work site was not good. This was also a temporary job. The people were very helpful and friendly. Good training environment.
Poor company run away
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 1, 2018
They point you for our own familys funneral and I asked them over three months get me on the forklift instead they fired me because I was trying to advanced....These people dont know how to run a bussniess ready to always point a figure....And always haave to over ask them for protective gear more then 5 times in one day.....These peoplel have no since how to work together let alone take care of there employees... Run awayyy
Pros
Cons
Dont work with you
Productive ,
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 20, 2018
ANIXTER wire and cable is worldwide company ,especially California coast of living is very high but,the hour rates it low they starting $14.00 an hour some place else starting 16 -18 dollars an hour
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
15 minute breaks
This is a job training site.
Warehouse Associate Training (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 5, 2018
This is a job training site through Washoe County School District. I attend one day per week and it is an unpaid position. I work there approximately 2.5 hours a week.
Good place to start your career.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Anixter has an overall great work environment but the corporate culture is a little stale. It is a great place to start you career in this industry. You will meet a lot of contacts.
Decent
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 29, 2018
Nice place to work-aside from having to meet a quota too often, hard work, they could pay a little better with all the work they expect. Overall pretty decent place to work
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Quotas
horrible job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  south windsor, CTJanuary 19, 2018
the worst company i have ever worked for. over worked underpaid hostile work environment stressful manager was sexist. supervisor didnt know what to do
Pros
Cons
high turnover rate, way too strict
Not enough pay for the job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
Hours aren't guaranteed if you work second shift. All goes by customer demand. Poor management, no room to advance, no raises. Ok job if you are young and living at home. Can't pay the bills off your pay. Poor training!!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else!
Your pay check will be no more than 436 if you sign up for benefits
Picker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Work overtime don’t get paid for it instead they’ll do split shift which means you come in later mangers make rules up as they day go so if the manger says this one day the next day it all changes no Real SOP or GOP just a hand guide that’s doesn’t make sense there favorite it this is how we also ways do it they will act like they care bout your opinion but really don’t warehouse manger has know idea how to be a manger
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anixter. Our community is ready to answer.