Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to work in a relaxed & friendly atmosphere
Business Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CASeptember 25, 2018
Anka has been a fun place to work with friendly people. here are some of the best things about it:

o team-oriented
o friendly people
o good benefits
o comfortable and flexible office environment
o ability to work remotely
Pros
nice office, good people, good benefits
Cons
Fast growth has led to some challenges
Horrible workplace
Direct Support Professional II (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 13, 2018
Staff that complained about everything and anything were the ones who didn't do anything throughout the shift. Staff will be talking for hours on the phone.
Cons
Anka wasn't paying staff holiday pay, staff are drama, upper management
Mentally draining with very little rewards
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAAugust 10, 2018
I worked at CASA Rohnert Park for 9 months. I enjoyed certain aspects of my job as a mental health rehab worker. I met and heard from so many different people with various backgrounds. I also loved the mental health aspect of my job, as a person with a B.A in psychology and a love for helping others with mental illnesses.
While the job was great at times, other times it was stressful and I felt VERY undertrained and inexprienced for what I was dealing with.
I was very untrained. Many of my coworkers told me while I was first starting out that this job is experienced based. You learn as you go, but that way is dangerous sometimes when a client is aggressive or violent and having one training once a year for how to block a client's punches isn't enough.
I really wished our CASA had meetings or get togethers with all workers to brainstorm about how to deal with certain clients or just complain about the the work load. We had monthly staff meetings, but that was meant for my boss to complain about things that aren't getting done, etc.
Corporate was unhelpful and distant when at worked at CRP. I felt like I was nothing and insignificant to them. I worked 3-11pm Thursday-Sunday. It was a hard shift and I felt not appreciated for the work I did, which was a lot at sometimes.
This job is not for everyone. I took a lot out of me and that was the reason why I quit this job, for my mental, emotional, and physical health. The job itself took a lot out of me, but my coworkers and boss were the breaking point for me quitting.
Pros
being able to help others, pay time off and sick leave
Cons
no breaks, VERY stressful days, not appreciated
productive atmosphere
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAAugust 6, 2018
I love my time with this employer. I could always talk with the supervisor and she would listen. A typical day would be seeing peers and sharing my experiences.
Pros
plenty of room to advance
Cons
no cons to think of
Professional enviroment
DSP (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAJuly 19, 2018
I worked at the Evelyn home in Rosemead, Ca. The environment was very structured and the consumers were interesting to work alongside to say the least. My problem with the facility is the politics between staff and management. They also couldn't respect the privacy of others and it was loads of 'Drama' to say the least. Aside the advancement in my work skill's and opportunity work in many community setting with consumers I could've done with the ego's and abuse of power done by management along with the power struggle most staff seem to grasps onto at my former facility. The company benefits aren't the most appealing but its offered at a fair rate.
there are RATS all over the place at Nierika House
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Nierika HouseJuly 16, 2018
Just said it above, was afraid I would get some disease from all the RATS...poor management, favoritism, low pay, no raise in 10 years!
HR and admin also terrible, no guarantee of hours, bunch of kids working there who like to smoke cigarettes while on the clock...
productive and challenging.
Mental Health Worker/ Counselor (Current Employee) –  Concord, CaliforniaJune 26, 2018
Challenging but productive. You learn every day at the job by caring for patients of diversified background and satisfying their needs. The team composition and ability of the team to be on same page in discharging duties to the satisfaction of the patients are the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
flexibility and lunch break.
Cons
No comparable benefits.
A place you showcase your passion
Mental Health RehabilitationWorker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 1, 2018
Anka behavioral is a good place to worker if you have passion for helping people.Anka is a crisis management facility where lives are being transformed daily.
Good pay, great training, but lacks management skills.
DSP1 (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 30, 2018
Management lacks skill. Management has put employees in a comfortable position multiple times. Management would have other employees who are not qualify to do managements duties. Management has no communication skills. Management micromanages and plays favoritism.
Pros
Great training, and pay.
Cons
Management could be better, Stressful, and Dramatic environment.
Great company with opportunities
Landscaping/ highway maintenance (Current Employee) –  1185 n campbellMay 30, 2018
My boss was great and easy to work with and always maintainted proffesional.
I feel like sone times the labor is too much for only $14 an hour though. I'm not totally unhappy but I'm certainly not satisfied.
Pros
Easy paced, hard work but good breaks.
Cons
Sometimes poor leadership
Working with other motivated individuals
Highway Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 26, 2018
I enjoy working with anka but want to be in a position to advance and make enough income to provide for my family. I would like healthcare benefits and retirement for long term .
good place to work with excellent benefits
PROPERTY MANAGER/CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 22, 2018
great health Care benefits package. Was given flexibility and was listened to by management about ideas and issues. Many opportunities to advance and be recognized for a job well done.
Highly stressful environment but rewarding
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with a mental health population primarily working with the mentally ill. I think there should be more facilities like this in the Stockton, CA area
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Not enough staff
Need to train management properly.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 5, 2018
Management had little or no experience. Staff had No support from management. Messy staff, most staff stayed texting. Lazy, . It's sad that ppl want to get paid but do hardly nothing. Working with clients is a plus. PA have favorite staff, she back up, even when their wrong.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Need new and professional management
Entry level job.
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 21, 2018
You basically work with one other person to watch a group home of adults or kids depending on the treatment. You are underpaid for the amount of responsibilities that is not listed on the job postings. You are pretty much a glorified nanny. You are expected to supervise a group of people, cook, clean, complete notes and run errands without much support from others. Sometimes you are by yourself multi-tasking which gets stressful.
HR is a joke, they don't help answer questions and ignore any requests. The higher ups and managers are not supportive. Some patients make the job tolerating.
Pros
free lunches (sometimes)
Cons
rarely any breaks, not much support from administration
Busy and fun place to work
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, caMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time here, I was a temp medical biller while the full time employer was on maturity leave. I learned many things in the short time I was there. I would very much be interested in find something similar to that.
Do not work for this company.
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Shut down our facility with a 6 day notice, then told all employees they could not use their sick time. Then offered employees to another facility and that facility was shut down less than 2 months later with a longer 2 week notice. Such poor management, lazy employees who complain about everything. Just don't work for this company.
Cons
The company all together
Not bad
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Its not bad. Staff are great. Enjoy environment. Pay is low. Working in a Crisis Home and being exposed to a more mental health environement is exciting and ever educational. Management has family and favorites.
Enjoyed working with the individuals and coworker
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Rewarding working with the individuals we served; learned a lot from my coworker; extremely toxic office work enviornment; co worker and supervisor argued and supervisor was extremely unprofessional
Pros
working with individuals
Cons
toxic enviornment
Terrible
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 2, 2018
This company is loaded with middle management employees who know nothing about the day to day operation of a program. The focus is on money with no regard for the employee. The pay is ridiculously low, however, the benefits are not bad. The work schedule can be flexible, which is nice. This company seems to routinely hire from the bottom of the barrel. HR is a joke and completely incompetent. The best part of the job is working with the clients.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, management is awful, demoralizing corporate culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anka Behavioral Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight