Anka Behavioral Health, Inc. Employee Reviews

A place you showcase your passion
Mental Health RehabilitationWorker (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 1, 2018
Anka behavioral is a good place to worker if you have passion for helping people.Anka is a crisis management facility where lives are being transformed daily.
Good pay, great training, but lacks management skills.
DSP1 (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 30, 2018
Management lacks skill. Management has put employees in a comfortable position multiple times. Management would have other employees who are not qualify to do managements duties. Management has no communication skills. Management micromanages and plays favoritism.
Pros
Great training, and pay.
Cons
Management could be better, Stressful, and Dramatic environment.
Great company with opportunities
Landscaping/ highway maintenance (Current Employee) –  1185 n campbellMay 30, 2018
My boss was great and easy to work with and always maintainted proffesional.
I feel like sone times the labor is too much for only $14 an hour though. I'm not totally unhappy but I'm certainly not satisfied.
Pros
Easy paced, hard work but good breaks.
Cons
Sometimes poor leadership
good place to work with excellent benefits
PROPERTY MANAGER/CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 22, 2018
great health Care benefits package. Was given flexibility and was listened to by management about ideas and issues. Many opportunities to advance and be recognized for a job well done.
Highly stressful environment but rewarding
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with a mental health population primarily working with the mentally ill. I think there should be more facilities like this in the Stockton, CA area
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Not enough staff
Need to train management properly.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 5, 2018
Management had little or no experience. Staff had No support from management. Messy staff, most staff stayed texting. Lazy, . It's sad that ppl want to get paid but do hardly nothing. Working with clients is a plus. PA have favorite staff, she back up, even when their wrong.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Need new and professional management
Entry level job.
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMarch 21, 2018
You basically work with one other person to watch a group home of adults or kids depending on the treatment. You are underpaid for the amount of responsibilities that is not listed on the job postings. You are pretty much a glorified nanny. You are expected to supervise a group of people, cook, clean, complete notes and run errands without much support from others. Sometimes you are by yourself multi-tasking which gets stressful.
HR is a joke, they don't help answer questions and ignore any requests. The higher ups and managers are not supportive. Some patients make the job tolerating.
Pros
free lunches (sometimes)
Cons
rarely any breaks, not much support from administration
Busy and fun place to work
Medical Billing (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, caMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed my time here, I was a temp medical biller while the full time employer was on maturity leave. I learned many things in the short time I was there. I would very much be interested in find something similar to that.
Do not work for this company.
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Shut down our facility with a 6 day notice, then told all employees they could not use their sick time. Then offered employees to another facility and that facility was shut down less than 2 months later with a longer 2 week notice. Such poor management, lazy employees who complain about everything. Just don't work for this company.
Cons
The company all together
Not bad
Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Its not bad. Staff are great. Enjoy environment. Pay is low. Working in a Crisis Home and being exposed to a more mental health environement is exciting and ever educational. Management has family and favorites.
Enjoyed working with the individuals and coworker
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, MIFebruary 5, 2018
Rewarding working with the individuals we served; learned a lot from my coworker; extremely toxic office work enviornment; co worker and supervisor argued and supervisor was extremely unprofessional
Pros
working with individuals
Cons
toxic enviornment
Terrible
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 2, 2018
This company is loaded with middle management employees who know nothing about the day to day operation of a program. The focus is on money with no regard for the employee. The pay is ridiculously low, however, the benefits are not bad. The work schedule can be flexible, which is nice. This company seems to routinely hire from the bottom of the barrel. HR is a joke and completely incompetent. The best part of the job is working with the clients.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, management is awful, demoralizing corporate culture.
Very fun, but very stressful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 25, 2018
It is a fun place to be at, especially if you are working with the right team. But it is extremely stressful since the patients that you work with at certain crisis homes are in crisis, this meaning the patients that are in the household that you are working at are not able to be in public by themselves because of their behavior. This also means they can be very aggressive towards you (these clients are usually mentally unstable). They do attack you, try to cause harm to you in any way they can think of; verbal abuse, physical abuse etc. But that's only if you get those type of clients. Sometimes you do get the quiet clients that just don't want to be bothered, that would just stay in their rooms and keep to themselves, this makes it less dangerous and less stressful on you the worker. Overall this it is a good place to be if you want a career in mental health studies, you get to learn a lot about different behaviors and how to interact with those behaviors.
Politics and all upper managment
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Anka could be a awesome company if nit for the upper management and program administrator. They are all liars backstsbbers and two faced yes men. Employees are awesome. Clientele were great.Things could run much more smoothly if the support was there. All in all would run great if management could do there actual job and not brown_ nose so much.
Pros
Employees and clients
Cons
Management. Politics. No backbone. Liars
therapeutic place for rehabilitation
MENTAL HEALTH REHABILITAION WORKER (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 19, 2018
nice place to work, everybody work as a team. I'v been trained on medication administration and how to document daily notes. most enjoyable part of the job is work together as a team to give the best care.
Pros
good employees
Cons
no designated lunch break, sometimes you don't get to take a lunch breaks
This is rating Southern California not Northern California
Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southern, CAJanuary 17, 2018
There is too much disconnect with the executive staff in Northern California which is the Corporate office. Northern California staff receive different treatment according to staff report. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clientele and providing innovative solutions. Great mission statement. Must clean house with some corrupt leaders to bring back positive workplace culture in Southern California.
Pros
innovative solutions
Cons
lack of management support equally throughout all programs
good place to work and advance your education
Case Manger - Hope Program Vallejo (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 17, 2018
i learned the many different ways to deal with the clients issues in which also helped with dealing with my own life issues that we all deal with on a daily basis
Pros
being able to other addicts achieve sobriety
Cons
the relapse rate
My summary is complete.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Client care is respectful and in-line with current care facilities. Other than that, my only problem would be more contact with supervisors and better social skills for staff, not only to set good and clear examples for clients, but also for staff to get along better and to be more effective as care providers. Work place culture could be improved, I have learned a lot about client documentation, and working with a diverse group of people and co-worker, but this could be improved for everyone.
Pros
Clients treated fairly well.
Cons
Staff could be better screened.
A good place to start your career
Other (Current Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 1, 2017
I consider Anka as my home. Great people to work with, love my job here, no complaints on that. Though politics and poor management are so glaring, there's always this "WTF" moments that we, employees, have to ask between ourselves. It is a good place to start your career, but you could see more of your value elsewhere. I've seen people being used up for very little to nothing in return. Hard work should pay off, and I don't see that much here lately. That's why we've lost great employees over the years and those great employees should be rewarded for their great services.

I heard from a lot of people that they are being under valued and Anka should start changing that before losing the most valuable asset of this company: THE EMPLOYEES.
Pros
Relaxed, flexibility, great people to work with
Cons
Politics, divas, poor management from the top
Nice place to work
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CANovember 18, 2017
It was a good overall experience as got a chance to help others. There was plenty of diversity with the clients and staff but unfortunately there were some management staff that were not very fair and it ended up being unpredictable as changes were made with no good reason as I had great reviews from supervisors and clients but when management knew they were closing a program they transferred me to it and hired an inexperienced person in my place, obviously to pay them less and I ended up getting laid off. I worked there 3 years but management was dirty at that time, my last 6 months of employment there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anka Behavioral Health, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight