Ankura

United States34 reviews

companygoodmanagementworkcultureplacebalanceemployee

Best in class!

Featured review

Ankura selected this as a representative review
Ankura is a wonderful place to grow your career. The people are wonderful and the ability to develop both personally and professionally is vast. I could not be happier that I chose Ankura!

Pros

People, Processes, Pto, Benefits

Cons

Clique based organization - who you know over what you know

The title says it all. You must cultivate the right internal relationships or you are out. You can find better consultancies out there who are not buying culture and skills.

Ankura insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

This is a highly energized worklplace with a concentration of talent. This place was built by taking the best talent from Alix, A&M, and FTI.

I am really happy I am here. Our CEO is on a mission to constantly improve the culture and our leaders really care. It isn't perfect, but we are working towards perfection all the time. It is a place where I learn something new every day. This is not a place for folks who want to coast. It is for those who want to be challenged and grow.

Pros

Talent, Growth, Culture

Cons

Growth creates challenges with culture when it happens really fast.

I’ve been here for a year and I have nothing but great things to say. Great pay great benefits great work life balance, working from home and not being forced to go back to the office..

Good company culture and management

Management cares about the well being of all employees. It is easy to make your voice heard as this is a mid sized consulting firm. Sometimes flexible schedule, sometimes not.

Not a great place, but not entirely awful. Dependent on your group

Everything depends largely on which practice you belong to. But for my practice, the work/life sucked.Pay isn't bad and they retained everyone through COVID, with a proactive WFH policy.Now they're phasing in a full return to the office, despite the jobs being done perfectly fine for over a year from home. They give MD's too much discretion and control over their practices. You work for your manager and not the company is what it feels like. Company feels fractured and MD's often go against stated company schedules. Holiday that isn't important to your manager? Plan to work it. Even if your work has no impending deadline. Need a vacation? make sure to take your computer to slip in billable hours. Poor WLB.

Pros

Pay is good, didn't make any cuts because of COVID

Cons

Wlb, managers.

Avoid if possible

If you are just starting out your career, this is not the place to be. There was a lack of opportunities for career growth, a lack of diversity, and the pay was low compared to other similar companies.

Internship

Pro: Growing firm, full of good, charismatic people. Are always willing to help and wan't to see their employees grow.Con: Growing pains, lacking in firm culture and upper managment can be difficult

Fast growth provides unique opportunities

Ankura is a growing firm with diversity of services, locations, legacy organizations, etc. While this can create the usual challenges, like infrastructure that needs to catch up or a still-evolving culture, I appreciate the opportunities it creates. I'm able to define my role and stretch to meet needs that arise. My health insurance is great, pay is good, can work remote and have opportunities to travel.

Pros

Pay, travel, good relationship with my manager, opportunity to grow

Cons

Playing catch up in some areas

Ankura Privately held company

Newly created and staffed team of Administrative Management is in it's infancy with little to no experience with how to run the People Office and they would benefit by listening..

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Travel to New York

Toxic Work Environment

As other reviews have stated, it's a pretty bleak and tough to navigate promotional process unless you happen to luck-out and get a good performance manager. If you're not lucky enough to get attached to a good manager early, your career will go nowhere. There's some diversity/inclusion issues and disgruntled employees.

Always developing ways to grow the professionals.

The firm is always developing and providing ways to grow the professionals. There is a good work/life balance. Thee are growing pains, but overall a good place to work.

Team oriented

High paced, busy atmosphere. Great support with team. Ankura offers many opportunities for growth and collaboration with other team within the organization.

Faced paced work environment

Managers and support staff are friendly. The project assignments are clear and straightforward to complete. I would recommend working here. I enjoyed working with the various teams.

The company provides fair pay, a decent benefit package and can be flexible with work/life balance. Overall, it's a great place to work. Management teams are fair.

No clue what they are doing

Everything is siloed. No one talks to the other department and have shown up as different teams to pitch to the same client. If you're lucky to be matched to a good professional mentor then you'll be ok, otherwise you're SOL.

Demanding job with adequate compensation

Poor work/life balance, but opportunities for internal growth/advancement. Consistently expected to be available on nights and during weekends. Will be staffed on multiple projects at once and will need to constantly battle with multi-tasking.

Productive and fun

Face paced work environment. You will be expected to look for ways to streamline office procedures without jeopardizing the accuracy of the overall procedure. You will be expected to work well with the public. You will be expected to look for ways to improve your own job and the jobs of your subordinates. You will be expected to work without complaining or hesitating when trying new methods or procedures. You will be expected to adapt work habits to new or unexpected circumstances. Notify and lead others as appropriate when circumstances change suddenly. You will be expected to accept and be responsive to constructive criticism without taking it personally. You will be expected to attend technology and computer workshops to improve computer literacy. You will be expected to be open to changes in office policy or personal goals. You will be expected to willingly accept the new performance appraisal system.

Lowest of the Low

Company management passed off all those considered to be the LEAST VALUABLE - meaning, anyone with an assistant title - they all now report to a new real estate person. The SMDs fancy themselves above spending one minute per year filling out a review form. This has created more work for some assistants and is not the norm at all. Not the brightest move and will probably end up being more costly than anticipated. The new person came in and made a bunch of poor decisions so another example of management placing the wrong person in the wrong role. After working at other companies I've never seen such arrogant, self important and one dimensional senior staff. Many of the general employee population are clueless too. If you accept an offer, do your research first, don't end up like others who regret their time at ACG. There are far better employers out there.

Pros

You'll be Driven to Not be Like Them

Cons

Huge Doses of Inflated Egos, Overly Cutthroat for Such a Small Co.

Avoid

As many have seen, the company changed reporting structure for people considered to be the least valuable - assistants - all were moved to a new hire who made a series of poor decisions which will eventually prove to be costly. Another example of people being placed in management roles who are not qualified and do have the experience to make correct decisions. It is well known that the company only values those in a certain demographic so beware; don't work here unless you are desperate. Finance hr legal are a joke and don't be surprised when others take credit for your work.

Good stepping stone

It is a new consulting company which made a large acquisition backed by PE so they are in figuring out stage. Processes are not laid yet and very little information is announced. There is no collaboration and every group works as a separate business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ankura. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits