Ann's

Ann's Employee Reviews

Energetic and rewarding

Since I've been to Ireland this is the most reliable and supportive work environment I have ever worked in. Salary and work life balance is at the optimum level. I would highly recommend Ann's home care to anyone who is seeking employment as a health care worker.

Not listened too..

Being a carer can be a fulfilling job. The running from client to client with a very short time for calls, is very difficult and stressful. Continually being called when your working and on your days off to pick up extra calls is frustrating. Management and staff in office do not listen to the carers out on the runs. Clients are lovely and it's nice to be out in the community.

Pros

Meeting people out in the community and making a difference for them.

Cons

Long hours. Management and staff in office don't listen to carers. Called to take on extra runs.

Busy

Too many clients on runs, not enough staff to support the amount of clients they are taking on, address the issues with management and not listened too which is very frustrating considering the job was ok to work in, constantly ringing on days off too which is annoying asking questions which could be sent as a text or wait until the next day ur on, I don’t know what an emergency im meant to help with if I’m not in… always asking for cover aswell and if you say no, ur scheduled in to work it anyway, also no flexibility which is promised unless you’ve children, it’s really a shame considering the job can be enjoyable if the issues highlighted above were dealt with properly.

Average

Poor communication between managers and staff very poor scheduling for calls no empathy for carers and never took your time off as important where as office staff cannot be contacted after 5pm sometimes even at 4 pm office staff tend to not answer calls as they are off work so if problem arise you directed to up north with they don't no areas or clients

Awful

Runs too long, call times too short to deliver quality care. Always under pressure to pick up extra calls. Always getting calls on days off. Only paid for the calls and not for your time travelling between them.All these companies seem to be the same. Wealthy owners are getting paid a lot of money by the Trusts but yet it is not being paid to the carers on the ground. It’s a shambles. Wages are absolutely shocking for what is expected of you.

Cons

Long hours, long runs, poor pay

Bashing

Staff at Anns have very little interaction with their employees and do not know their employees at all. Several times texts from employees are not replied to, however, if you don’t answer their every phone call or email they will threaten to log it and take action. If you are not the type of person to answer the phone on your days off early in the morning to answer a question etc they feel need to discipline. I find their approach quite bashing and feel treated like a child sometimes.

Great company

Great company Plenty of work no sick pay holidays included in ur pay long hours but a very rewarding place to work. Lots of opportunities to improve your skills

Pros

Lots of work

Care Assistant in Belfast

I love working in the community - helping my clients is so rewarding. hourly rate is great - mileage definitely helps especially with rising fuel costs. Good support from the office. I work full time but still have my time off to myself.

Pros

rewarding great rate of pay

Look after their carers

Having worked for other home care companies in Northside I can say hands down they are the first home care company that actually carers - best move i every made. Pay good too

Pros

Well run

Cons

No fuel cost paid

Lovely environment and staff are a pleasure to work with. Build great connections with the residents in the home and get great job satisfaction. It has a very good management team aswell

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ann's?

Challenging place off work although rewarding job

Can be long shifts as healthcare is but if you want to work hard you will do well. There are multiple places to choose to work and a different range of clients.

Anns is a great place to work for. The staff clients and other carers all work together I’m really happy to be apart of this company .

I enjoy working in Anns the management and carers are very approachable! This is the first job that I actually enjoy getting up and going to work too.

Pros

There is always hours available to work if needed.

Best company ever!

I work with Ann home care for almost 3 years now, honestly its like my second home and my mamager is very very supportive, helpful and so so friendly. I would definitely recommand it to anyone who is looking for a job n theres also room for growth.

Being working with Ann’s for more than a year now and it’s been good, my manager have been very supporting and helpful and there’s room for growth and the pay is good.

Ann's is nothing but a peace of mind. The work experience is so fantastic and all hands are always on deck.

Without mincing words Ann's homecare is an excellent and good homecare organisation to work and make a career. Supportive managers and coallegues. The 24/7 access to the office bridged all communication gaps in such any emergencies or urgent matters that ought to be treated with despatched. The team work amongst office based staff, the able managers and the carers on the field were of great essence. It is of no surprise to see the rapid transformation and her greater heights within the short years of Anns presence in Dublin north. Anns is known for excellence deliveries for her noble clients and the community. It is my utmost pleasure to work with this great achievers and organisation.

Pros

Anns appreciates dedication, hardwork, consistencies with good pay rise and encourage career progression.

Cons

Not applicable

Stable team partner and working hours

Mostly great work partnersGood management Good hours of shift if you want itEnough days off and extra shift if you wantGreat response to feedbacksFriendly work environment Good payGood communication skills from both management and carers

Pros

Good hrs of shift, good pay

Happy

I have worked in Dungannon care home since 2014. Not much has changed since Anns have taken over. Do find management listen and care more. Also got a pay rise unexpectedly which helps

Pros

Good management

Cons

Wages should be higher

Excellent place to work

Love working at Ann’s. My manager and the whole team were very supportive. Show care for both the employees and their clients. Plus a good remuneration

Flexible working hours and great people

Fast paced working environment that I enjoy. Always a new challenge and every day is always different.I found this work to be really effective as it helped me to communicate with lots of different individuals and I was able to understand their illness.The management and staff were very helpful and go above and beyond.

Friendly work ennvironment

I really enjoy working for Ann's in their care homes. I find it extremely rewarding when working with the clients and feel that my mentors/managers are excellent help whenever i need some guidance. All of my work colleagues have been very friendly and kind to me, which makes the job far more enjoyable. The hours and days are very flexible, as i can pick up shifts based on my available, which is a great incentive.

excellent company

would reccomend to anyone thinking of applying very good company to work for my manager is excellent and ann herself is a very lovely person very helpful and staff friendly

Pros

choose your work pattern

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ann's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Ann's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?