Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Employee Reviews

Very Stressful
Documentation Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
We had a 60+ productivity level, and each person had to code for 5-6 different areas. We also had to make training suggestions for the physicians. We had to have all of our charges entered by the last working day of the month, and sometimes the documentation was not in. We would have to notify the physician and ask for the necessary documentation, sometimes inquiry was not well received.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of work.
Cons
Stress from some of the physicians. No appreciation
Great work environment with excellent co-workers
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
In the short time I was there, the fellow x-ray techs made me feel welcome and comfortable in the work environment. Everyone was helpful and didn't mind assisting when needed. A great team company.
Great staff and easy workflow
Mail Room Worker (Paid Internship) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Working at Lurie's was a great experience when I was in high school because I did learn some work ethic. I also learned a few things about cleaning printers and setting up files and papers for important meetings and social events. I also got to deliver mail to doctors.
Pros
The building had a cafeteria
Cons
The area has minimal street parking
It is all about the children as it should be.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago AvenueSeptember 1, 2018
Senior management are pretty much all two-faced. Very disheartening. Short staffed and even after all the statistics you are refused to hire the staff needed to do the job. Smoke and mirrors. I am not a nurse but the nursing staff are awesome and almost all physicians are wonderful also. Only a few think they are too good to associate with you.
Pros
Working at a children’s hospital is a great experience
Cons
Low pay for area and two-faced senior management.
Great place to work for.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
Ann & Robert H. Lurie is a great organization to work for; because it is a children's hospital, many, if not all, employees are extremely compassionate and love working here. A typical workday is always different, no day is ever the same. I learned that you must be very flexible and adapt quickly to an ever-changing environment working for a hospital. Management is great. They treat everyone kindly and respectfully. The culture is a very beautiful one, because it is about placing others (the children) before your needs.

The hardest part of my job is, sometimes, having to be too flexible. But, the most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. They are a great group of individuals. And, I love what I do; I support a great team.
Pros
Employee recognition when deserved, our team outings
Cons
long work days (sometimes); because it is an organization the pay is not adequate
Overall Productive and lots of learning
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
My experience was overall good besides the low pay. I was allowed to learn a lot with the doctors. I I had the opportunity to meet some great people who I kept in contact with so overall it wasn't a waste of time because the workplace gave more on the compensation end of things
I have never worked for a more kinder organization!
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2018
The kindness of my managers is beyond compare. The mission of this organization can carry you through. Seeing the children and their families means a lot. Always a good feeling.
Pros
The kindness of the people who work here.
Cons
The vacation policy is terrible.
work
Milieu Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2018
OK place, low wages, too structured, nurses and Dr.s lack compassion and involvement. Great way o get experience for younger therapist. Exposed to many types of diagnoses.
Decent JOB to have !!
Environmental Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
The place is overall a nice job to have but its a lot the higher up don't pay attrition to ! There are things that are looked over and completely bypassed, to them its small potatoes but for the employees it really matters!
Very Professional and Great workforce
Clerical Float Pool Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2018
Loved working for such a great hospital. Everyone there conducts such amazing work its truly moving to see first hand all that is being accomplished.
Wonderful place to work
Student Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2018
I love working here. Everyone within the research team are very close and willing to listen and help one another on projects. The hospital itself is very professional.
Great cause, help children, no growth
School Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2018
Worked at this company to different times in two different roles. I left and came back in a different role. The ability to advance within the company is difficult. Managers want you to stay in their "clique" job even though you have made the effort to advance your knowledge, skills and certifications. Pay does not reflect your skills, but instead reflects management viewpoints which are somewhat biased. I loved working with kids, in everyday interactions.
Pros
Great cause to help sick children
Cons
Management, no growth
Team
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Team collaboration is incredible. Nurses and others of the multidisciplinary team put the children and families first and are very professional. The patient population and the mission are the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Meh
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
The actual company is great, I love their values and what they stand for, but as far as compensation we don't get paid what we should and there is NO room for advancement because they are highly selective.
Excellent patient care. Not a great work environment.
Documentation Auditor (Remote/Telecommute) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
I really liked working there in the past. Current management is horrible. Was a friendly environment in the past. It’s very hostile now. Don’t bother trying to complain to HR. They are not for employees. The hospital itself is beautiful. Nurturing environment for kids.
Pros
Co-workers were friendly and knowledgeable.
Cons
Medical insurance coverage could be better.
Great medicine....but doesn’t pay for it
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
Execellent medicine. Low pay for the quality they strive for. They treat employee’s like they are the employer of choice....when they aren’t. Ineffective management is kept in place when it’s the problem.
Wonder place with wonderful people
STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
I was an intern at this hospital and it was the best experience I had. It is a beautiful location with wonderful people. My supervisor was the sweetest and fully understood that I was a students with a busy schedule.
Inpatient Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse - Nurse Resource Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
Good place to work. Provide up to date pediatric care. Evidence based practice. Benefits aren't very good but pay rate/compensation is fair. My experience with management has been positive.
Stressful Poor management
Former Enviromental Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2018
Environmental Service department beware if your not picked by a manager they will make your job hard. The good reviews are surprising...Management will rake advantage of new employees.
Pros
a job
A friendly working environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital is a great place to work. The benefits are good compared to similar industries. However, the opportunities for career advancement are few for minorities.