Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Pay & Benefits reviews

Amazing Hospital /Mediocre Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  FinanceSeptember 1, 2019
Leadership is the worst on the “Director” level.Horrible work/ life balance. Even if your child is admitted into the hospital. There is no support, no value in the team.
Pros
Exemplary Hospital, Salary, mission
Cons
Poor Leadership, work/life balance, work load
Nice place to work
Sr Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2019
Everyone is pleasant. The staff never lost focus of their top priority, the health and well being the of their patients. Career advancement was hard for non clinical staff. The employee paid portion of the benefits were very high. The salary for my position was low compared to the average pay of other hospitals. However, the atmosphere and location made up for it. Overall it’s a cool place to work!
No transparency on HR/ management level
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 30, 2019
Very low appreciation for staff, no incentive to stay. We are having a farewell every week for people who are getting sick of the way they are treated, and deciding to leave.
This is a slave ship hospital
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2019
This place is not a good place to work. They don't appreciate hard work. And they work you like Hebrew slaves. You only get 1 raise a year,and it like 30 cent
Pros
Na
Cons
Poor management
Team Effort
Documentation Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
We had a great team. I learned how to be a supportive team member and management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the physicians. They did not like guidelines. The most enjoyable part as I said was our team.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Physician attitudes
Leadership lacking skills. HIGH FAVORITISM Co-workers control Management
Point of service representative (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 27, 2019
The job itself is very rewarding & enjoyable and the pay rate was very good compared to surrounding medical offices. You get to work with families on a very user friendly system. Training for upgrades is non-existent & it’s pretty much a learn as you go job. Leadership was a huge disappointment for Lurie and it clearly shows that patients are NOT our priority. My manager was easily intimated & enabled these subordinates to continue to do so and even allowed it to be done to others, because she doesn’t know how to handle them. SEVERE favoritism due to not knowing how to communicate & treat all equally. Management in the Westchester, Illinois outpatient center lack the skills & ability to manage the office. Management lets patients get neglected because they can’t handle unruly employees, who in turn daily, disrespect them. I was shocked to see this exist in a Lurie Children’s location. A need for Professional & educated management is needed at this location. Leadership lacks training & skills on how to effectively manage people. EXTREME FAVORITISM! Ex: Only certain people have set schedules & disrespect and the loudest voice get subordinates what they want from management. Professional people have a hard time existing in the Westchester, Illinois location.
Pros
User friendly system for lack of training. Nice pay rate. 401k match
Cons
Leadership lacks training on how to effectively manage people. Poor scheduling & EXTREME FAVORITISM
Unfriendly work environment
Advanced Practice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Felt unsupported by management, the have their "in crowds" and are not inclusive of the new people, The pay is bad-they feel like you should feel privileged to work their therefore accept a lower salary. Parking is outrageous, benefits are awful. They do provide great care to the kids but a very hostile environment
Pros
Provide good care to the Kids
Cons
Hostile enviornment
Very educational, very hard working employees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2018
Great place to work. Welcoming of everyone. Take great care in service and care to patients, families, and visitors. Great benefits, nice amount of earned PTO
Very Stressful
Documentation Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
We had a 60+ productivity level, and each person had to code for 5-6 different areas. We also had to make training suggestions for the physicians. We had to have all of our charges entered by the last working day of the month, and sometimes the documentation was not in. We would have to notify the physician and ask for the necessary documentation, sometimes inquiry was not well received.
Pros
Good benefits, a lot of work.
Cons
Stress from some of the physicians. No appreciation
Overall Productive and lots of learning
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2018
My experience was overall good besides the low pay. I was allowed to learn a lot with the doctors. I I had the opportunity to meet some great people who I kept in contact with so overall it wasn't a waste of time because the workplace gave more on the compensation end of things
Meh
Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2018
The actual company is great, I love their values and what they stand for, but as far as compensation we don't get paid what we should and there is NO room for advancement because they are highly selective.
Inpatient Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse - Nurse Resource Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2018
Good place to work. Provide up to date pediatric care. Evidence based practice. Benefits aren't very good but pay rate/compensation is fair. My experience with management has been positive.
A friendly working environment
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital is a great place to work. The benefits are good compared to similar industries. However, the opportunities for career advancement are few for minorities.
Formula lab Technician-poor dept
Nutrition Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2018
Although the hospital was clean and everyone was very pleasant, my dept was poor at being fair. I worked every weekend which was fine at first, but I was forced to work doubles on those weekends when my other 3 co workers would call off (I was never informed of forced overtime otherwise I would have never accepted the position) One co worker didn’t follow the schedule at all and the manager knew. Once it continued, I began applying in other departments and at other institutions. I took a shot and applied at a near by facility close to me as Dietary manager, and was hired on the spot...the only good thing that came out of this was that I listed the hospital as previous employer as well as another hospital and they took me on immediately. I waited and quit Lurie Childrens one week later without notice. It was too stressful working with people I felt took advantage of me. Maybe they saw it coming because I would call off to go to interviews. I was only there 7 months, that’s how bad it was. I just hope the new manager now doesn’t allow them to intimidate her, so she can get better control of the lab. I feel sorry for the new employee that was hired, she’ll soon find out like I did.

I will say I am appreciative of the experience, and grateful for the new position I am in now. It was a huge jump as far as salary....if I hadn’t been treated the way I was treated I would have never began applying other places and would have never found the job I have now. I am so happy.
Benefits
Cons
Poor co workers
It's all about the kids
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2018
It's a wonderful place to work as I love kids and for the most part everyone that works here, love their jobs and the people they encounter everyday .
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Salary/benefits
Lurie doesnt value employees and loyalty
Research Fund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2018
I worked here for 5 years. I changed careers after attending school while employed FT. It was next to impossible to change jobs, not just my experience, many others also had to leave the institution to find employment instead of changing job roles at the hospital and maintaining long term employment there. That speaks volumes about their commitment to employees who have been loyal and are invested. Additionally the pay is not competitive which is why so many administrative staff and nurses leave frequently.
Pros
Benefits, location
Cons
Pay, company loyalty
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Depending on the location you work, in a clinic setting you had busy day and light days, which became challenging at times, Work schedule had to be flexible.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Unable to take lunch or break at times
Productive and fun to work at.
Senior Compensation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
Great company to work for with good benefits. My Director is great to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the Leader to ensure all positions are market competitive.
Pros
Great company
Cons
PTO Plan is just ok.
Amazing group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2017
Very nice place to work , amazing job with kids but unfortunately no place to grow, bad PTO system and very low salaries. My manager was excellent and most of them are very professional
Pros
Work ethic
Cons
Very low salaries
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
This job offers great pay. It is a beautiful building to work in fairly new. Its great seeing a lot of kids all day. The have great food and benefits.
Pros
pay
Cons
work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Reviews by Location