ANN INC.

ANN INC. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA50 reviews
a typical day at work we learned all the time, we would always be helping our clients be happy and leave successful from our store. Our teammates were really helpful to each other and we were willing to help each other in case we were having a hard time with something. The hardest part of the job was having to manage to keep the store clean and at the expectation of the management due that it was a busy store and time of season. The management were good, until it got to a point that they were having problems with everyone.
Pros
good discounts, nice clothing
Cons
short breaks, management, and low pay
Busy retail women's clothing and accessory store..work with customers to find just the right outfit. Check inventory. Cashier duties. Dressing room duties.
Middle mgmt. turns over frequently. I’ve been there 18 months, had a great annual review and make about the same as a brand new hire which is very disappointing. NO breaks are given unless shift is 5 hours or more! Training is lacking! Requested, flexible hours are a great benefit. Mgmt. & coworkers are friendly/welcoming!
a typical day at work is organizing back stock and been with out to sales floor. i have learned to to handle cash fast and been friendly to other. the most enjoyable part of all is been with other co-worker
Ann taylor was a fun productive place to work in where I had learned much of my customer service skills and learning how to overcome challenges in a professional manner
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really appreciated the culture with Ann Inc. They are all about the client experience, and allow the employees a lot of flexibility to make it the best environment for shoppers, based on location. Upper management was great - I had amazing supervisors. My typical day at work really varied because I worked in a small location with a lot of new talent and a lot of regular shoppers, but each shift did include a review of business and sales goals, merchandising and flexing product for sell-through, and coaching associates.
Great employer employee relations. i learned i great deal from my coworkers i worked in the one in Montgomery mall
If you are someone in school seeking some extra money, then this is the job for you. The brand itself is great but the work dynamic and compensation differs widely, especially between the sales associates and managers. An associate for example could be compensated hourly for $11/hr while a Co-manger gets paid $19-$20/hr. It’s unfair. Besides keeping up to date with scheduling, business strategy et al, mangers perform the same tasks and duties as associates. I can say this because I was promoted to a Sales Lead and have seen both sides of the spectrum.
When I worked at LOFT I felt very welcome with my crew and I was actually impressed on how my co-workers took their jobs very seriously. Being at LOFT I learned how to be more organized, focused, and made me become more social.
Very good company would like to grow within to become management, model, and or regional director. It has really been good to me since 2015 great com.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ANN INC.?
overall good company - leadership had some gaps but towards the end it good much better. customer facing environment - good learning opportunities and room for growth.
There can be hectic days at work but usually with some strong leadership and time management days go by smoothly. hours can be too much for part time.
I worked here part time while I was going to school which was good, because I needed late hours to work. Many of the other employees were part time students and parents and I would imagine it was also because of the flexible schedule.
Good environment
Good team (while I was there)

Great management (at the time I was there)

Good discounts

Great clothing for women, casual and office.
as a man working in a woman dominated field it was amazing working there. if management puts people where their strengths are and is wiling to schedule as such, the day doesnt feel like work.
It's exactly what you would expect in retail. High turnover for folks that work there. There are absurdly high expectations for how little they paid. The people I worked with were darling, except that there were a few incidents of people stealing out of lockers. As always the client made it difficult to enjoy the day.
Pros
good discount on clothes
Cons
the customer is usually rude
Everyone sucks and aren't effective, very gossipy. Only will promote you if the store is severely understaffed or if you're best friends with SM, or DM. Very cliquey wants to go out for drinks with you.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything
If there were no special promotions and it was a weekday, the work day would typically be relaxed. If we had a special sale, then the day was rather busy but totally tolerable. The management was helpful and very understanding. The hardest part of the job was usually dealing with difficult customers and the most enjoyable part was helping and spending time with coworkers
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Experiences differ depending on the store and the management. In general the staff is awesome but culture depends on the management and if you do not have a good manager its hard to get a directions and get tasks done. Also needs to be better communications from corporate to the stores. Fast pace environment but can be very rewarding when you get things done.
Great people at all levels of the company - joining makepositive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at makepositive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike

A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone
Lack of investment in employees. Lots of ignorance. Did not ever show that they wanted me to succeed. Horrible management. My manager told a lot of lies
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight