ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Loft
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 20, 2018
A typical day at work would be me being as a cashier
online payments as well
gift cards etc
I've learned to work at a fast pace
management is very polite
the workplace culture is very collaborated
the hardest part of the job is not meeting up to the clients needs
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning different styles in clothing
great company
Stylist/Inventory Control/Sales (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2018
Very good company would like to grow within to become management, model, and or regional director. It has really been good to me since 2015 great com.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 18, 2018
Ann Taylor is a wonderful place to work. My Managers, and colleagues had the upmost respect and great working relationships with each other. I would definitely recommend a friend.
My opinion of working for Ann Inc
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJuly 18, 2018
I have worked retail for years. I always try to work somewhere I like to shop myself. Not only to show enthusiasm and better help customers, but the perks and discounts aren't bad either.
My store manager and co-manager are great and always there to help us sales leads learn and improve.
I would say the most difficult part of the job is helping all sorts of people. You never know who will come in the store next--an extremely friendly customer who wants your opinion on an outfit for an upcoming date, or a rude customer who only came shopping so she could cause trouble.
There are other, I wouldn't say "requirements" that come with a retail job, more like expectations. The company is trying to make money, so it is your job as an employee to help drive sales, open store credit cards, etc.
Love working here
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 18, 2018
I love working here. The only thing I don't love is that there is not very far you can go. Also you start out at minimum wage.
It is a really great company and the really work with you schedule and are flexible. There are no full time positions unless you are the store manager or the assistant store manager.
Good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2018
Good work place. Steady paced and good people. Had to leave because the warehouse was relocating to a different state. Job wasn’t hard. Some days it was really slow and would be boring but most days everything moved at a steady pace
Firendly workplace but often with overwhelming responsibilities
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VirginiaJuly 18, 2018
LOFT is overall a great company to work for. They have a lot of philanthropy opportunities and have an organization to help associates in disaster areas (Dimes from the Heart). They offer great discounts for employees and I’ve always experienced a good workplace culture. The other store managers have been very vocal with support and accommodation. We email each other all the time for advice/help and to keep everyone updated. Unfortunately there are a lot of issues working here as well. Corporate seems to have a lot of trouble doing their job efficiently and correctly, and the help desk is close to useless as they often don’t even know our store policies. We’re expected to balance multiple tasks at once (DOMs, markdowns, replenishment, shipment, recovering, go backs, paperwork, operational assessments, floor set, promo changes, mannequin changes, sign changes, etc.) and still keep sales and conversion up. Even if we make our goals, if we don’t do better than last year we get reprimanded. Customers are mostly nice, but the rude ones are especially nasty. We must do promo changes up to three times a week, and must hear customers complain about it all the time. Because of these constant changes, customers will be hesitant to buy full price items if they suspect we’ll have a better sale soon. We’re also in charge of reaching credit card goals which seem almost impossible some days, even across the district. They give us opportunities for recognition and prizes which helps, but only to a certain extent. The last job I worked at, I received an hour break for working 8 hours, but here  more... it’s only 30 minutes. For a job where you’re on your feet all day, this can get really rough. On top of all of this you don’t get paid well at all (I get $11/hour) and only 2-3 employees get benefits out of 10-20 that work for the store.  less
Pros
Good associate discount, good workplace culture, good retail/service experience
Cons
Short breaks, credit goals, promo changes too often, poor pay for work required, many mistakes/lack of support from corporate
The people were great, the job was good but not enough pay
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJuly 17, 2018
I liked working at Ann Inc the only thing is, is that it wasn't enough pay to support two kids and rent. My title was head cashier and it wasn't enough to pay more than what they were paying. If anything i was getting paid above the minimum for that position.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay
Great Company to Work For
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
I learned about the retail industry at this job. The company is very much about promoting within and will help you relocate if you have to move. They give you a great discount on clothes and that definitely makes it easy to wear the brand at work.
Pros
clothing discount
Cons
only store and co managers get benefits
I would pass by this job!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 17, 2018
I was tricked into training what I was told another store manager, but after I had trained the lady, they replaced her with me. She had been friends with upper management and no mattter how much I sacrificed and the work and dedication I put into this job, they let me go without any options. It was really embarressing. It made my life harder to get back on my feet after that unexpected lay off. Management were all prior friends so this was mainly the root cause of them looking out only for each other.

Want to know more about ANN INC.?

Ask a question
Favoritism
GREETER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  5th aveJuly 17, 2018
Did not like this job at all, they showed a lot of favorable behavior to those they liked . Especially with hours it is also not the most friendly environment.
fun place to work
Cleaner and stock associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
for a retail store, the job was fun at most times. Meeting new people daily and learning new skills was something to enjoy. some days were hectic with workload and some days were idle.
Pros
new skills
Cons
management
Ambiente de trabajo agradable
Sales Lead, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 13, 2018
lo que mas me gusta del trabajo, es que siempre tenemos cosas que hacer, he aprendido a desenvolverme en todas las posiciones, hay un buen ambiente de trabajo, lo que mas me gusta es manejar la parte de Visual.
Pros
el ambiente laboral
Cons
no tengo ningun beneficio, no hay disposicion de full time, el pago por hora es bajo
Love working at Loft
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
Loft is great because you work with really great people. It’s fun helping customers shop and find clothes that makes them feel good about themselves. Discount is amazing.
Pros
Flexible scedule
Cons
Working nights and weekend/Holidays
fun environment
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJuly 10, 2018
Our team was upbeat and positive. In the time I was employed new upper management was hired and it became a different culture in my opinion.I would never work for Ann Taylor again.
Pros
discounts
Cons
upper management was difficult
Solidly great job experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Excellent coworkers. Talented teams producing top-quality work. Very fostering work environment especially for younger employees who are looking to be mentored.
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJuly 6, 2018
the managers are so nice and i loved the fact that they understood that i was a struggling college student .
i loved the girls i worked with.
doms were the worst
Pros
50 % off
Cons
doms
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJJuly 3, 2018
Management at the store was very supportive. They trained us aspects of sales, cashier, floor set (if interested). They genuinely cared about their clients and their staff.
Pros
Managers
good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company , with professional, hard-working employees. I will recommend a company to anyone that wants to work in retail field.
Easy Going
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Management was good. You have to be able to work with other women closely. You must work with customers on a regular basis. The pay is decent. It is nice due to flexible scheduling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight