ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Found 1,760 reviews matching the search See all 1,807 reviews
Overworked and undervalued
Sourcing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2019
Employees are overworked and undervalued with little to no opportunity for growth. They keep eliminating roles and expecting teams to take on more work with less people.
Pros
Great paid time off
Cons
Work long hours
I loved my job
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Typical Specialty store environment. Loved my job however, I felt I was over qualified for the position of assistant manager due to my management experience in a big box store and did not feel that I had the availability to advance to my own store.

Most enjoyable was the staff and clients. I really enjoyed our team and helping our clients with wardrobe decisions as well as meeting our financial numbers set by corporate.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No advacement opp
Great Team
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 18, 2019
I currently work at Ann Taylor Factory in Pooler, GA and I love it. Our team is extremely close knit and we work together to achieve our goals. If you are a looking for a fun low stress position with an amazing group of ladies this is the job for you!
Great company, relocation available, upward mobility
Senior Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2019
Nice people to work with
Organized organization with solid leadership
quality products and great employee benefits
compensation appropriate with level of education
It isn't the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MD 20745January 12, 2019
I worked at Loft and it was horrible. The managers didn't know what they were doing, half of the time as much as the employees were. Everytime you open the store, it's a mess and they would lie to you and cut your hours without even telling you. it was a horrible experience.
Cons
Disrespect, Discrimination
Review Summary
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2019
My experience at Ann Inc was far different than my previous years of Retail Management. I was challenged on a daily basis with new responsibilities and successfully achieved tasks at hand. I was provided the opportunity to be a team leader and player with an infectious upbeat attitude.
nice place
Joe's Towing (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 7, 2019
the time I was their it was very family orientated and they helped me out a lot I wish sometimes I had not lost my way I believe I would still be there
Pros
alot of free junk
Fun Fashionable Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 6, 2019
Everyday at Ann Taylor Factory is like any other day. There are your co-workers that make you laugh and smile, and just happy to work by their sides. There are customers that make your job worth going to everyday, and there is always something to accomplish for the day.
Pros
The food and clothing
Cons
The customers
Fun work environment
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Fun work environment and excellent employee discount program, fast-paced, training was well developed, some expectations were unrealistic in time span provided to complete work
Corporate office CLUELESS
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 3, 2019
Let me say I work for this company simply so I have something to fill my time since I took a very early retirement. My husband covers our financial needs so I am able to be picky about where I work and am happy working for the store.

The store manager is one of the most ethical people I have worked with, she works hard and is a great role model for the employees. I don’t think corporate does enough to recognize the talent they have but that is their loss.

I think the sales goals are fair. Some days the daily goal is just way off but, it is usually due to shifting holidays and by the end of the week it will balance out. The managers have a good idea where we need to be each day and control the floor accordingly. I think it is odd they don’t talk about increasing sales numbers as much as they do about credit. I get it, branded credit drives sales but overall we are a retailer selling clothing, not a credit finance company.

Speaking of credit... It is painfully obvious the corporate office puts in ZERO effort in setting credit goals but expects MAXIMUM effort on our part. They initially set a reasonable store goal and added X% the following year to give the store a stretch goal. Where they miss the mark is by also adding to your store’s credit goal the number of applications your store fell short the previous year. So be prepared to work very hard on a goal your store will never achieve.

They only offer full time positions to the store manager and the co-managers. You cannot work full time as a key holder or below because they do not want to have to
  more... pay any employee benefits. It would be nice if they offered benefits (healthcare) to part time employees even if you had to fully fund the plan because I’d still rather pay a group plan than purchase it on the open market. However, that is not a concern for me at the moment.

Be prepared to deal with sloppy customers. I very rarely (if ever) encounter a rude customer but I do see customer’s leaving brand new nice clothing rolled up in a ball, inside out on the floor. Who does that, I didn’t even know people did that kind of thing.
Pros
Discounts on clothing, genuinely hard working employees at the stores
Cons
Zero benefits unless you are a manager or co-manager. Having to push credit over all else.
Female-friendly environment with fun vibe
Co-Manager of Visuals / Operations (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 1, 2019
I really appreciated the culture with Ann Inc. They are all about the client experience, and allow the employees a lot of flexibility to make it the best environment for shoppers, based on location. Upper management was great - I had amazing supervisors. My typical day at work really varied because I worked in a small location with a lot of new talent and a lot of regular shoppers, but each shift did include a review of business and sales goals, merchandising and flexing product for sell-through, and coaching associates.
The work environment is fast paced and fun
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORDecember 31, 2018
Enjoyed working here, but ANN INC was unfair in the way they paid their employees and their raises. I was there for almost two years and for my annual review I did not receive a raise. My current store manager then told me I was getting a raise in October and never received a raise; hence why I quit.
nice place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 31, 2018
all the associates are nice we work as a team , the style of clothes are amazing love to wear ann taylor clothes everyday , customers were so happy with all the selection
Learned a lot
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 27, 2018
Long hours, but it's retail. Micromanaged on numbers and floor sets, should have more ability for full time associates. Learned a lot, had a great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Brand Ambassador/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CADecember 27, 2018
This was a fun place to work at, I’m very sand to say that the location I worked it was bought out. The people were great and the ambiance was very friendly as well. However I really wish the employment offers were more fair, as someone who never worked before was given $12.00 and yet while I was working there I was only offered $11.00, and I have had previous work experience with customer service and the other individual didn’t. I didn’t think that was fair, if anything I believe I should’ve been offered the better salary. This was within two months of me working in there.
Ambiente de trabajo muy grato
Sales and Stock (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 19, 2018
Great employer employee relations. i learned i great deal from my coworkers i worked in the one in Montgomery mall
Productive with a Family Enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2018
During my time working at Ann Taylor Loft, I have had nothing but the best learning experience ever. Being with my coworkers, brings me joy when coming to work. We always have each others back and everyone encourages me to be my very best.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough technology advances
Simple & Effective
SALES ASSOCIATE & STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 14, 2018
If you are someone in school seeking some extra money, then this is the job for you. The brand itself is great but the work dynamic and compensation differs widely, especially between the sales associates and managers. An associate for example could be compensated hourly for $11/hr while a Co-manger gets paid $19-$20/hr. It’s unfair. Besides keeping up to date with scheduling, business strategy et al, mangers perform the same tasks and duties as associates. I can say this because I was promoted to a Sales Lead and have seen both sides of the spectrum.
good work environment
Sales Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 12, 2018
flexible and understanding work environment with many people to collaborate with and learn from. some and most part time employees get under paid with a lot of hours so those who have been there longer get paid days off
Pros
flexible
Cons
low salary for a lot of work
I have worked at better places
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mebane N.C.December 6, 2018
It was a temporary position from the beginning but I would have stayed longer had the pay been more and that the sales Associates would rotate responsibilities throughout the day. Was always stuck behind the cash register forcing credit down customers throats which was annoying to do. I know it’s part of the job but it was overkill the managers always wanted you to ask for credit instead of feeling the customers attitude out first and easing into it. Nope just straight to credit.
Pros
Discount and friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks, always on cash register, credit overkill

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ANN INC..

Powered by Comparably