ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Found 1,712 reviews matching the search See all 1,758 reviews
It was ok
Summer Seasonal Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 22, 2018
Manager wouldn't let me have a more hours because of not selling credit cards, I work at least 4 and half hours and worked two or three days out the week, the manager wasn't punctual most of the time and forced me to persuade people to buy credit cards.
Pros
Balance Work Schedule, Getting Paid
Cons
Management, Not enough hours
General manager is sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 21, 2018
She is rude and no respect to her associates. She is racist too. Im not surprise no one wants to apply because they know the general manager is no good.
Pros
Discounted
Cons
No benefits
Productive and engaging. Well branded company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLOctober 20, 2018
Very team oriented with a growth mindset and team selling culture. Coaching and developing is key to the success of the business. A very positive and supportive environment. Very organized and well branded company. The employee discount is a plus.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHOctober 17, 2018
Ann Inc is a rare find in a career. They genuinely care about their employees, and strive for a family atmosphere. Always pushing to further all careers, and motivate for successful lives. One of my favorite jobs.
Could be better
STOCK LEADER (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 16, 2018
Typical retail
Lots of hours
Nice co workers
Lots of clothes
Very good place to for a first job
Flexible
Value it’s clients over employees
Very demanding
Annoying credit goals
Great job to have if you love being engaged with people.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  MulitpleOctober 15, 2018
I loved a lot of aspects of my job. I love getting to help people as well as being creative with all the visual aspects that come along with a retail position. After several years in retail, I decided to leave because I believe that most retail does not give you a work-life balance.
Great place to work - Greenwood, IN
Sales Lead Manager and Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 12, 2018
The Greenwood, Indiana LOFT was an amazing place to work! The management was always understanding and encouraging; I loved all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job were the occasional crabby customers, but the regulars always helped to turn around a frustrating situation.
Pros
great environment
Cons
low pay, nights/weekends
A day working at LOFT
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 9, 2018
A typical working day at LOFT is usually busy and fast paced. LOFT has taught me how to be more helpful to other by making sure that the customers left happy. LOFT's management team could be a better selected, when considering different candidate. The hardest part about the job is dealing with difficult customers, who do not work with you, in helping them. What I love the most about working at LOFT is that I am able to help the customer's by giving my honest opinion and giving helpful suggestions.
i dont want to include this.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAOctober 9, 2018
i don't want to include this.
management was not fully into they're job.
no one took care of they're duties.
management doesn't take time to explain the hiring processes.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2018
While working there I worked in the fitting room, and at the cash wrap, it's very fast pace during rush hour, I had to deal with passive aggressive management, you have to get the client to sign up for a credit card, and you get more hour, which was very low, and they steal money from your paycheck, so please make that you approve your hours, because they which steal your hours if they went over their budget for the week. I worked a 25 hour shift and only got paid for a 12 hour shift, my pay check was short.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Dealing with passive aggressive management
Terrible Experience
Sourcing Coordinator, Pants (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2018
You can tell all of the employees are unhappy, management is mean and condescending, there is way too much work on everyone's plate for work/life balance
Pros
Good pay, vacation time
Cons
Terrible management, too much work for one person
retail
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIOctober 1, 2018
very spiritic schedule, get sent home if stores are slow, which is a loss of wages. discount is basically what customers receive as well. made to push credit cards on people and I really don't enjoy that at all.
Pros
retail
Cons
retail
Very flexible with your schedule if you're a student
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAOctober 1, 2018
Overall very fun environment and culture. ANN INC carries cute selection of clothes for the youthful female group. Upon my managers they where very flexible with students and work hours.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
hours fluctuated on weekly basis
Productive and a fast paced learning environment
STOCK LEAD (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 30, 2018
Ann Taylor will help build leadership roles and increase knowledge on what it is to run a business. It is a team work related environment which involves multiple positions of interest.
Ok
Regional Vice President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2018
It’s an ok environment. You have to build relationships across channels. They care about your personal life and have policies to ensure you have time off.
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PASeptember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working at ann taylor loft and the atmosphere-- it was very well organized and the work place culture was upbeat and very hip. the most enjoyable part about the job was being able to share your own style.
Fun but very fast paced environment
Clothing sales, Customer Service, merchandising (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 28, 2018
Very fun place to work. Great discount on clothing. Managers are very flexible with the schedule and time off needs. Being on your feet for a shift is very difficult.
Pros
Flexible
Slow paced
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALSeptember 28, 2018
Loft was great when dealing with customers. I gained more experience on retail due to the fact that I was responsible for much more than if it were 50 employees.
Its A Fairly Nice Job
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXSeptember 26, 2018
I worked part of ANN INC., more specifically Ann Taylor Factory, & it was a nice job. Being my first job & first time in retail, it really showed me everything about retail. It was great experience, until my management team had changed (about 3 months in, when I steed working), everything had changed drastically. Now I had no issues, personally with my management team (Store Manager), but issues on how our work environment was with her. There had been gossip, lack of associates working during shifts (spent talking or on their phones), management had a few instances & conflict with fellow associates in which they left the store or quit.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No Recognition for Achievements & No Aprecciation
No work life balance
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Lots of overtime to meet replenishment standards, always needed at work so not enough time to work on school,kids etc. Very little pay raises even when you exceed standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ANN INC..

Powered by Comparably