ANN INC. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,585 reviews matching the search See all 1,635 reviews
ann taylor
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 21, 2018
This is the first company that i worked for that was a female dominated. I will be very honest I was nervous to join the team not because of the job but, because I had always worked with male dominated companys and i wasnt someone who worried a lot about fashion or style.. However I will tell you I had a great time and the women throughout the whole company were pretty amazing. I could call anyone at any moment with a question and they never hesitated to help. They all taught me about fashion and what worked and didnt work. They were a great group of people and I was very lucky to have the opportunity to work with them. They were very strong women and extremely bright. I now know about fashion..
Pros
knowledge of fashion, great discounts, team building
Cons
work life balance wasnt there
fun and productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 18, 2018
I love fashion and being a retail manager . I learned alot about people and what type of fashion they like. I also helping people look for different special gifts . its an overall awesome place to work.
Great Retail Experience!!
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 14, 2018
I was a part of the Garden State Plaza Ann Taylor team! It was a wonderful experience and an experience that made me really appreciate women clothing retail because my first job was at Kmart in the Women’s Department and that was a horrific time. This experience really made me love retail and fashion!
Overall average, tolerable environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2018
Your run of the mill retail job, management is competent, coworkers are friendly, everyone has a semi-good time and work gets done when it's supposed to.
Ann Taylor, Inc.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  City of Orange, southern, CAMay 9, 2018
A typical is very multi-tasking oriented. Fact paced - learn quick environment. Management works well with other job schedule and school schedule. Lies hard working individuals.
Good company, no benefits
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2018
There is no sick time or vacation time and the work load is a lot. They set up changes way too often and is very excessive. Location was super slow and not the best.
Fun work place
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMay 5, 2018
Fast paced work environment, focused on customer productivity and staff compliance. Staff work well together in a very cohesive environment. Prefers to promote from within.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
No family time due to working most weekends
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  LOFT OutletMay 2, 2018
Management exploits your talents and doesn't push you to fail but to succeed. There is a team effort involved and a common goal of customer satisfaction. Retail is hard work. Ann, Inc. makes it fun and gratifying.
Management is flexible with personal life comments and scheduling. It's a give and take process.
At one point I was working another job outside of Ann, Inc. and whenever I was scheduled for Ann, I felt like it was a vacation day.
Everyone knows the work is hard, so no one complains. Instead we have fun and make the best of the day.
Pros
I get to do the work I like and excel at for the most part. And, if I want to try something new the opportunity is there.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Great place to work with a company that values work/life balance
Flagship Store Manager/Talent & Training (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
Learned a ton while I was with Ann. This is where I grew as a manager and built my confidence. I really worked on my business acumen and built relationships with corporate partners and executives. I gained all of my high level experience working here and was able to grow as a person and manager due to this experience, so I am forever grateful for my time at Ann.
Pros
discount, people, rewards, contests, work environment, visibility in NYC, close to corporate office.
Cons
changes in the executive board
Good brand but work life balance needs to be more of a priority.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 1, 2018
The expectations are often unrealistic and work life balance is not a priority. Turnover is high which makes it difficult to invest and gain a tenured team.
OK place to work only for a part time job. Don't plan to grow in this company in this particular location.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 1, 2018
This location it's a fun place to work. I meet new people daily and some of the customers are friendly and you will start to remember the good ones by face. You are somewhat expected to wear their clothes. However, I have a great manager and co-manager, but I do feel that some leadership could be better for new hires. That way when they're scheduled without leads, the new hires know what is expected of everyone. For the most part the job is easy and can be fast paced. The weekends are very hectic, and without team players the job can be overwhelming, when the job is not hard at all. Sometimes you are under staffed on busy nights, but over staffed on slow days. I personally think this is a good place to work if you are in between jobs and or looking for just some extra income. I wouldn't recommend anyone to just work here full time and look at it as a career.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks unless it's slow, other than a scheduled lunch if you work 6 or more hours
love it
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COApril 30, 2018
I really enjoy working at loft. I love the cloths and the discounts you get from working there but the customers can be super rude some times. also I think they should pay more.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAApril 30, 2018
Slow paced store, small team, Great place to work while I was in College, flexible schedules, must work on weekends and holidays, Great discount, professional enviroment.
I worked there for a year
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2018
I worked there for a year. I enjoyed my time there. If I wasn't moving I would have stayed. Love the team I had and the clients. I was always busy which was the best part of the job.
fashion oriented but lovely
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2018
a typical day is getting in and working with some on=f the best fashions and accessories in the store and ensuring that all clients receive the best service each visit.
Pros
experiences
Cons
n/a
Flexible and consistent with other retail corporate titles
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesApril 30, 2018
The company as a corporate is ok. Nothing out of the ordinary. You do have the opportunity to grow in the company rapidly depending on performance. They don’t offer health benefits only to management.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No health benefits, no vacation days
Great company to work for
Associate Manager, Post Production (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
I learned a lot while working there and had many positive learning experiences. It's a great company that takes its brands seriously and tries to always make the customer happy. While working there, I was able to contribute to some excellent charities, and participate in various volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Office located in Times Square
Respectable, positive environment
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 28, 2018
The company does a great job of taking time to develop and train the employees. Workshops and refreshers take place to stay up to speed with company objectives.
Retailers
Stylist/ Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022April 27, 2018
Worked at this job for a yr when I was 20. It was fun at the time but couldn’t imagine working there again especially being a mother now. Loved styling though
Productive and fun work place
Sales Lead/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 27, 2018
I loved this job. I loved working for a company that is all about empowering women. A typical day at Ann Taylor is always a busy one! From helping clients to doing shipment and floor sets, cleaning, etc. It is a really great workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss