ANN INC.

Found 2,078 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,133 reviews

ANN INC. insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Productive & Busy

a typical day at work we learned all the time, we would always be helping our clients be happy and leave successful from our store. Our teammates were really helpful to each other and we were willing to help each other in case we were having a hard time with something. The hardest part of the job was having to manage to keep the store clean and at the expectation of the management due that it was a busy store and time of season. The management were good, until it got to a point that they were having problems with everyone.

Pros

good discounts, nice clothing

Cons

short breaks, management, and low pay

The discount is awesome that’s all I can say about the good working at Ann Taylor.

The employee discount is awesome. Working at Ann Taylor is someone looking for part time work you are not going to make a lot of money working there. Only the store managers make a nice salary.

Pleasant place to make a smidge over minimum wage.

My manager really wants us to feel like family. Everyone seems like they get along—like a family but a dysfunctional one. Retail is about management

Pros

Great discounts. Easy.

Cons

Low wages. Push to open credit cards more important than anything else. No training

Great place to learn about fashion merchandising

I have learned a lot about different fabrics and merchandising. It has taught me great customer service skills and leadership skills. It is a great position for a college student or a recent grad with an interest in the fashion industry.

Pros

amazing employee discount

Started great but is not doing so well now.

Starting at the LOFT was great as the management team worked well with mostly everybody. However, following new management, bankruptcy, and COVID, the LOFT is underwhelming in pay and purpose. The job itself is not hard but management makes outrageous demands at times also like to talk about employees with other employees which is highly inappropriate. We recently opened later (to 9 PM) while the stores around us close by 8 which raises safety concerns as well as is a waste of time. For the amount of pay the job is just not worthwhile however the discount is GREAT.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

short breaks, petty managment, money hungry company

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Growth

Good starting place if new to retail. The ability to grow and advance is there. The pay is lower then wanted. My direct managers were always helpful but above them can sometimes be difficult.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Unpredictable with management styles and attitudes

Used to be great place

Things have taken downhill last couple of years. Technical stack is not out of the breed anymore. Many long time employees have left recently, as company has changed focus to vendor solution development than in-house development.

Discount, flexible schedule, fun job

I have really enjoyed my time working for Ann Inc. hence why I’ve been here for 7 years. The holiday season gets crazy but the company tries to make it fun and take the edge off a bit for everyone

Pros

Discount, flexible schedule

Cons

Can get crazy, angry customers

Its a retail job.

The manager at the time was very not a people person. She gives out really unfair schedules. She gives more schedules to other employees than the others.

Ok overall

Some very rude clients put a damper on great shopping experiences for good clients. But discounts for associates are great and you get rewarded for meeting store goals with even bigger discounts.

average retail job

This is just your average retail job. Pay is minimum wage, hardly no room for growth unless you are willing to give up your free time. Enjoyed a majority of my coworkers. I got to meet people who were students and would temporarily stay with us and other individuals who've been working for the company 6+ years

Depends on store

Work was manageable. Work culture varies by store. Management was flexible but favoritism was heavy. Management did not stick up for employees when customers complained, even in situations when the employee is treated badly/unfairly by customer.

Pros

Easy work, Flexible

Cons

Favoritism

Extremely welcoming and developmental company who loves their employees and their clients!

Ann genuinely wants what is best for employees and clients! They give great benefits! As someone who worked from a part time associate to a store manager, I have to say I had lots of support and great mentors and that hasn’t changed since I became an SM. Our company loves to listen and partner with us as we help provide crucial insight I to the client and what “she” wants or needs! A company who really loves community and philanthropy across all kinds of organizations!

Pros

Bonuses, great discounts, time and a half holiday pay for non salary workers, paid holidays for salary workers, team bonuses, Flexible schedules, Tuition assistance with partnering institution, Full benefits

Cons

Working weekends and holidays, not having a set schedule

Fun job

Wasn't best place to work but it was nice for the time I was there. The mall was slow so it was not really hectic. There was however an overwhelming sense of pressure to meet sales goals under unrealistic expectations with the amount of traffic coming in the store. The boss was overbearing

Pros

Slow Mall/Not Busy

Cons

overbearing manager

A stressful job not worth it

It's horrible there's no management no structure it's practically chaos at all times can barely keep store goin Anyone that's hired only works for a day or two which is not helpful at all and will usually callout every day that they are scheduledEven on off days don't expect to relax cause you'll still be pestered to come in that day

Pros

Discounts on full priced items

Cons

Short breaks too much of a workload lack of Management

Good place if you want some bucks while in college.

There's a lot of employees that come from different background which is a very good thing. I learned a lot about business but it's because I strived hard to learn. Very fast paced environment and stressful. Very poor management. When you're good at something, they give you more responsibilities without paying you more, while other employees don't have anything to do and just chat while working.

Pros

Met a few good friends.

Cons

management don't care about how hard you work, not flexible on the hours

Long days with bad management

Management would come in when they wanted on weekends, and leave when they wanted. There was no team work or communication at this store. It was the blind leading the blind.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Management, hrs, pay

Met amazing customers and staff

I enjoyed my time at Ann, Inc. The work environment was hectic at times but it makes the day go by. There is always something to do which is great. I learned so much about retail and merchandising during my time there.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Working holidays

Will always remain as a favorite job

I absolutely adored my time at Ann taylor. Everything from management to the clients are incredible. Great hours, fair pay, and plenty of opportunities to advance if you work hard.

Depends on the store

What I learned is that every store is run different depending on management. Although no matter the store you get more hours if you dress in the clothes, wear makeup & always try to look out together. Never really see the DM or anyone above your stores GM if you're not in management unless there's something wrong. Overall great side job for college students & I built up my professional wardrobe at a low cost due to employee discount. Good experience but like I said it depends on management at that particular location.

Pros

Employee discount 75% off 8 items.

Cons

Short breaks, work holidays, customers can be rude and no support from corporate

Great company

Easy but busy workdays, fun but strong leaders/management, good company culture. Great support even from the DM’s, they will host training and meetings just for Sales Leads, etc. They invest in you. Good employee discount too. Can’t speak to the benefits because when I worked there i was PT.

Pros

Good culture

Benefits

Common questions about ANN INC.

Answered by current and former employees at ANN INC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ANN INC..
Powered byComparably