ANN INC.

Found 419 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,133 reviews

ANN INC. insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

productive work place

good compensation and good strategy in motivating thier employees.NICE AND GOOD WORKING ENVIROMENT

Pros

employees discounts

Cons

limited hours of work for part time employees

Started great but is not doing so well now.

Starting at the LOFT was great as the management team worked well with mostly everybody. However, following new management, bankruptcy, and COVID, the LOFT is underwhelming in pay and purpose. The job itself is not hard but management makes outrageous demands at times also like to talk about employees with other employees which is highly inappropriate. We recently opened later (to 9 PM) while the stores around us close by 8 which raises safety concerns as well as is a waste of time. For the amount of pay the job is just not worthwhile however the discount is GREAT.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

short breaks, petty managment, money hungry company

Discount, flexible schedule, fun job

I have really enjoyed my time working for Ann Inc. hence why I’ve been here for 7 years. The holiday season gets crazy but the company tries to make it fun and take the edge off a bit for everyone

Pros

Discount, flexible schedule

Cons

Can get crazy, angry customers

Its a retail job.

The manager at the time was very not a people person. She gives out really unfair schedules. She gives more schedules to other employees than the others.

average retail job

This is just your average retail job. Pay is minimum wage, hardly no room for growth unless you are willing to give up your free time. Enjoyed a majority of my coworkers. I got to meet people who were students and would temporarily stay with us and other individuals who've been working for the company 6+ years

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Extremely welcoming and developmental company who loves their employees and their clients!

Ann genuinely wants what is best for employees and clients! They give great benefits! As someone who worked from a part time associate to a store manager, I have to say I had lots of support and great mentors and that hasn’t changed since I became an SM. Our company loves to listen and partner with us as we help provide crucial insight I to the client and what “she” wants or needs! A company who really loves community and philanthropy across all kinds of organizations!

Pros

Bonuses, great discounts, time and a half holiday pay for non salary workers, paid holidays for salary workers, team bonuses, Flexible schedules, Tuition assistance with partnering institution, Full benefits

Cons

Working weekends and holidays, not having a set schedule

Will always remain as a favorite job

I absolutely adored my time at Ann taylor. Everything from management to the clients are incredible. Great hours, fair pay, and plenty of opportunities to advance if you work hard.

Great company

Easy but busy workdays, fun but strong leaders/management, good company culture. Great support even from the DM’s, they will host training and meetings just for Sales Leads, etc. They invest in you. Good employee discount too. Can’t speak to the benefits because when I worked there i was PT.

Pros

Good culture

Benefits

Good Job but understaffed

Overall good work environment. The main issue was it was understaffed which helped get you overtime so more pay but at times got very stressful from being understaffed.

No respect from managers

No room for growth, company is bare minimum witn 25 cents raises annually. Micro-management makes it hard to do your job. Also managers don’t back you up while dealing with clients.

Key holder

Part time employees don't receive any kind of benefits, not even when COVID19 was at it's high. The outlet hours were extremely long and traffic was insane!

Pros

Pay

Cons

No benefits at all for part time roles

decent place to work

decent place to work, not enough hours. its like any other retail job. management is very fixable with scheduling. The pay is decent enough for a sales associate.

Great benefits

Great brand. Good work culture. Great room for advancement. This is a hands on company who works great with the employees. I loved working here! I would recommend this company to anyone thinking about going into retail or moving brands to the Asena brand.

Pros

Benefits and discount are amazing

Comfortable, team-based atmosphere

Overall I loved my job! The entire team worked so well together and my in-store managers were very supportive and invested in my continued growth, however opportunities for advancement are slim and leadership positions often go to outside hires. The job itself was easy enough, and I always had fun at work, but I feel a lot of the employees were underpaid for the contribution that was expected of them. All of the managers I worked with were definitely in the fray with the rest of their team, and were very hands on helping to take care of the daily needs of the store, employees, and customers.

Pros

Fun work environment, benefits for FT positions, employee discount

Cons

Pay, limited opportunities for advancement

Great company

Great company staff was great nice discount 50% off regular price 20% clearance good development for future opportunities it was fun and exciting couldn’t ask for anything else

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Health car options

Fun but no room to grow

Wages could of been better and schedule. No room for growth. Promotions rarely existed and pay rate could of been better. Yearly pay rate increased by twenty cents.

Decent day to day activities, unrealistic expectations

Unrealistic sales and credit goals. If you do well with credit one year you are punished with a higher goal the following year. No benefits for part time employees. Managers gossip constantly. District managers and regional managers are catty. The day to day tasks are easy (helping clients). Halt on raises due to the pandemic. Also halt on 401k matching for full time employees. Not a financially sound company, and it’s been failing for years.

Pros

Good employee discount, flexible hours

Cons

No benefits, stressful work environment, lazy district managers, shoddy technology

can be great at times

bad communication from corporate to stores but all in all it's not too bad. Great benefits and pto plan but they expect a lot of managers with little staff. The company keeps adding goals and things to do but reducing payroll and staff.

Employees are great

This company is having financial problems and at this time I would not recommend getting a job at Ann Inc We were told that four stores were closing and now there not. No one wants to work for a company that is not stable.

Cons

No health care short breaks there hours are not Consistent

Family environment

It was fun to work with the team to hit daily goals. I loved that they always did such a big push around the holidays to raise money St Judes children’s hospital.

Pros

Discount on product

Boring and Overworked

The company was an okay company . It isn’t a company that I can see myself working with forever. Although I love the fashion atmosphere, I just felt that the management sucked and they overworked us for little pay.

Pros

Free clothing on holidays

Cons

Management, break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare ANN INC. with

• ANN INC.
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?