ANN INC. Employee Reviews

An "okay" place to work
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 22, 2018
Your typical day at work is very repetitive and task driven. Some days are better than others. I learned the importance of patience. The clients that come to shop either come in the store clueless of what fashion is, or are in disapproval of our product and new styles/fits. There is no in between. Having patience with the client is very important for a sales lead because it is our goal to satisfy the customer and make sure they come back to shop with us again. Getting our clients to sign up for the Ann Taylor credit card is also very important. We all have a credit goal. Work place culture is has its ups and downs... Some people just aren't as motivated as others. We also do not get any incentives for hard work, which is a bummer. All of our motivation is self-driven and comes from the heart. I appreciate the authentication of some more than others. Some people just say it's a blow-off job, others love Ann for the fashion and also helping clients leave enlightened by our work. The most enjoyable part of the job and learning about others and their story. I have met so many people who have inspired me and have really brightened my day. I love to help other people who are very stressed and have no idea what to wear for their interview. Our job is make people look just as amazing as they feel when they are successful. This career was an eyeopener for me. I have gained lots of respect as a leader from clients and associates. Great starter job if you've never worked retail.
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 22, 2018
The work environment was fun and relaxed, we had moments where it would get busy and fast-paced. The management is great and encouraging, a true family atmosphere.
Pros
Discounts, fun job
Cons
Pay and hours
Ann Cares about the Client
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
Great company for the client.

If you are not at least a "Lead" or "Assistant Manager" then you do not feel like work is worthwhile.

Top demand for all of your energy - with cheap rewards. Most staff are making minimum wage for top customer service.

Not everyone is eligible to receive fulltime and they make it extremely difficult to receive fulltime let alone any additional benefits but once you are eligible to have the benefits the company offers - the benefits definitely make working there worthwhile.
Pros
benefits of being full time
Cons
work/life balance, hours available to part time workers, hourly wage, not flexible
Respectful company
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMarch 18, 2018
ANN Taylor is all about making women feel and look wonderful. I always knew what I needed to do everyday. I enjoyed being the one ladies came to for the right fit. Even when management wasn't great during the last part of my job, the managers from other stores were always willing to help out no matter the situation. The hardest part of the job was the credit cards. Although, the card was easy and paid friendly, not everyone wanted to hear about it which made some goals difficult.
Pros
discount
Cons
selling credit cards
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHMarch 16, 2018
Loved the people I worked with which making work there a lot of fun too. It is a great place for college student to work especially those who have a busy schedule. Bosses are great about being flexible with college schedules.
Great environment, friendly team - sales lead make up the culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 15, 2018
Really like working and providing a service of excellence to clients Fast paced and in a busy mall. Team building is a great promoter Discounts are amazing Need a coachable personality and able to be a lead or team member
Very stressful environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 15, 2018
This was a temporary job, not a lot of advancement promised, management was very poor ant too many responsibilities for underpaid employees. I had to relocate at the time so I left the job.
Collaborative. Great atmosphere.
SENIOR COPYWRITER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
The workplace culture, though stressful at times, was positive and encouraging. Loved the building, though the food could have been better. Lots of visibility into how things operate.
Nice place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here. I was in college at the time so it was a great part time job while I lived in Tyler. The brand is nice, store is clean, atmosphere is low stress.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Floor Representative (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMarch 13, 2018
Working at Loft outlet was an amazing experience i had an amazing manager who was always on top of everything and also great co-workers who were always helping out and answering questions on the top.
Pros
Breaks were a must
Cons
Hours worked a week
workplace culture
Factory Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora ILMarch 12, 2018
Bad management. It was like high school with the mine girls and their leader is the store manager! Your hours are cut when the store manger does like you. Change of your hous without letting Know!No training!
Workplace culture
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 9, 2018
I loved the Brand Values and culture. Family environment. I had a lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Work environment was very open, valued your opinion

They allowed you to be an entrepreneur, loved the gray setting, not everything was black and white, embraced forward thinking encouraged honest debate, your opinions mattered
Good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 8, 2018
Ann Taylor is a good company to work for and I have always enjoyed working here. I love the interaction with customers, and I look forward to going to work every day.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
No benefits and hourly pay
Poor management
Sale Lead (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ann Taylor LOFT for the most part. I think the poor management was what killed the growth for me. Very poor professionalism and such an incredibly weak management team all around. It's sad to see such a great company have such awful management.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor mangement
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2018
Great management and team. Everyone is so helpful and patient with training new employees. No pressure in reaching sales goals and we all work well together.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Needing to open a company credit card in order to make in store purchases
The job has its pros and cons
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2018
Just like any job, this one has its good and bad. Ann Taylor is a very slow paced job. It will only pick up for a bit during the rush hours, and after that it is just recovering clothes. If you want a relaxed, to-yourself job then this for you. All the associates are very nice and all get along well. Customer service is also huge with this company, which many like. I do not recommend this job if you do not like having to sell credit cards because that is what you will be doing. As for hours, it is very inconsistent. On week you make get 4 hours, then the next you may get 22. Never really get the chance to get overtime.
Pros
Discounts, Paid sick time, short shifts
Cons
Slow-paced
Productive and laid back work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2018
A typical day would include stocking the floor with new merchandise, maintaining the cleanliness of the store/dressing rooms and providing exceptional customer service.
managment changes to frequent
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAMarch 4, 2018
It seems whenever the store would get a new manager they would get rid of the entire staff and start over. It seems to be the way it works for them. That is how I got my job but I worked hard and after several year and new manager had the same effect getting rid of entire staff to bring in a new one. 9 out of 12 employees are no longer with the company after only a few weeks with new manager
It's retail?
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMarch 2, 2018
It's exactly what you would expect in retail. High turnover for folks that work there. There are absurdly high expectations for how little they paid. The people I worked with were darling, except that there were a few incidents of people stealing out of lockers. As always the client made it difficult to enjoy the day.
Pros
good discount on clothes
Cons
the customer is usually rude
Feels like family!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 1, 2018
I loved working for LOFT. The culture created by Ann Inc. is incredible and really shows through in each employee they hire. My time there was thoroughly enjoyed and I highly recommend this company to anyone and everyone.
Pros
flexible schedule, great discount, great environment
Cons
Difficult to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ANN INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.