ANNA JAQUES HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Anna Jaques
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 24, 2018
I love working with the patients but, I found that management was a bit unfair. I miss working with the patient interactions. My rapport with the patients was fantastic.
Unfairly while I was on short term disability waiting for back surgery Anna Jaques dismissed me from my job.
Caring
Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 1, 2018
We work, We meet great people of the community, and We try to help people through the worst of days. The worst part of the day is having to watch families say goodbye, you never "get used" to that.
The best part, for me is, a month from now seeing a very sick person who may not of had a very good outlook up and about, beating the odds!!!!
good group of people
central Sterilization Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMay 17, 2018
went to my assigned are performed my duties was taught a great deal still have much more to learn. management was very friendly i got along with everyone i worked with. the hardest part for me was remembering the different cycles that were used. most enjoyable part was knowing that i was making a difference
Pros
great people and i learned a lot
Cons
pay is not up to standards
Enjoyable workplace
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMarch 29, 2018
I worked with excellent healthcare professionals. Management is approachable and open to ideas. Benefits include tuition reimbursement, which allows staff to continue their education. It is a great place to work.
Fun and friendly hospital
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJanuary 22, 2018
By far my favorite clinical site to date! Staff was super friendly and was always around to answer any questions the students had without hesitation!!
Great team
RN (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MADecember 21, 2017
Love the nursing staff, best CNA's and RN's! This is fast paced environment, very supportive supervisors, good education and variety of classes offered for staff. Good benefits.
Pros
Benefits, team work
Cons
Hard to get time off during summer.
good work environment
Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MASeptember 18, 2017
great small hospital
clean, busy and friendly work environment
good shifts with shift differential and weekend / holiday extra pay
lots of work incentives and employee benefits
Pros
close knit coworkers
Wonderful.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAAugust 28, 2017
I spent four months at AJH in the Cardiac Rehab department for my internship, and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. I grew both as a student, and professional, and learned more than I ever thought was possible. The staff were all absolutely incredible, and I had the freedom and opportunity to participate in as much as I wanted to. It was easily the best experience during my 5 years of education. I'm so thankful that I chose AJH's Cardiac Rehab as my internship site for my Master's.
Good Atmosphere to Work
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAAugust 2, 2017
Everyone loves there job they stay between 20-40 years average. They treat there employees good . I enjoy going to Anna Jaques to work part time as you do your job and they appreciate it.
AJH Pedi Psych
MHC (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAJune 13, 2017
I have done my internship with AJH and was hired immediately. I absolutely love the culture and atmosphere of AJH. I can not say more outstanding things about their employee package.
Great Atmosphere
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 5, 2017
Fast paced and challenging. A pleasant working environment. Great supportive management and coworkers. Inadequate pay for the knowledge that I have acquired.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMarch 13, 2017
This was another unpaid internship opportunity for me within nursing, so I was performing a required clinical rotation. The nurses are wonderful and are always willing to teach and provide superb care to their patients.
Secretary
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMarch 9, 2017
This place is terrible. They have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. They set unrealritic goals and make it impossible to like your job. Biggest problem here ----Untrustworthy leadership.
Pros
Cons
Decent CAF
Plain awful!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  NewburyportFebruary 14, 2017
Unhappy staff and unhealthy environment. Wish I knew what it was like before taking this job. Patients have put their thoughts on facebook and other patient revie sites and it sends a pretty clear message, the hospital cares about one thing- MONEY! The most political and judgemental environment! Do yourself a favor go to one of the other many other hospitals in MASS. You'll be better off.
Pros
There's an exit
Cons
Too many to list
Great company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAOctober 27, 2016
HCA is a great company to work for. They are friendly, helpful, and easy going. All staff is great. If you havea problem in workout outside of work they are there for you . Always looking for help in other areas and willing to train. They dontoverloadyou with everything at once like most companies. Room for advancement there as well.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Learned a great deal of experience working there
See Resume (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJune 1, 2016
Arrive at work at 7pm go to directed area of maternity such as labor and delivery , mother baby,nursery or special care. Work 12 hours go home repeat the next night,
Enjoyable & professional
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAAugust 17, 2015
Good group of people to work with. Very professional & someone always lending a hand. Flexibility, excellent training
Great place to work.
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAApril 13, 2015
I enjoyed working at this hospital. It was small enough to feel like a family atmosphere. Most workers lived locally and had worked there for many years. I worked as a Financial Coordinator assisting patients who were either uninsured or underinsured complete the necessary paperwork to apply for possible benefits thru the Free Care Pool of Massachusetts. I felt I was a real help to many of the patients. It was a rewarding position.
Pros
Meeting all different kinds of people and making a difference.
Cons
The other Financial Coordinator quit her position and wasn't replaced.
Manager
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, maMarch 4, 2014
Monitor the activities of physicians and their procedures to ensure best possible outcome of inventory control. Execute maximum use of inventory control by working with OR staff to ensure preference cards and supply changes are up to date. Act as liaison between physicians and surgical management team. Respond in a timely manner to concerns raised by physicians, nursing and support staff. Interview sales representatives and recommend new products to Materials/OR Director. Participate in the annual budget planning and monitor budgetary controls while assuring quality care. Member of Surgical Task Force team.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMarch 26, 2013
Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers. SMT really cares about the staff.
Pros
benefits are wonderful