Anne Arundel Community College Employee Reviews

Night school education for ESOL and working citizens.
Night School Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDFebruary 28, 2018
The shift for night school supervisor would begin at 4:15pm. The classrooms were unlocked, chairs and tables were set up and the rooms straightened and cleaned for the evening classes.
The instructors would be able to request use of AV equipment and other visual aids for the evening. That usage was logged for record and the set up was done before the beginning of the class.
After classes started, a walk by would be taken every fifteen (15) minutes to check on the progress of the classes and to make sure the building was secured.
At the end of the evening after everyone left the building, the rooms were straightened, equipment was removed and returned to lockup, and the doors to the classrooms locked.
By 9:30pm, the building was empty and the doors were secured for the night by the janitorial staff.
During registration period, tables with information and signup materials were available for perusal by potential students and data entry was done to register the students.
There was nothing hard about this job. It was enjoyable to be able to aid instructors in the educational process.
Pros
Aiding teachers and students
Cons
Summary
Campus Tutor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MD 21012February 22, 2018
Tutored underclassmen students assisting them with the transaction to college and ensuring that all required assignments were adequately and correctly completed.
Work Study
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MD 21012February 14, 2018
The financial aid office (they were responsible for setting up the work study position) was disorganized, but the Gallery Assistant job that I was perfect. You set the hours.
Pros
work while being a student
Awesome
Student (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDFebruary 4, 2018
I was a student at Anne Arundel Community College and loved every minute of it. Professors were awesome, campus is clean and curriculum is relevant. Highly recommend
Awesome Workplace
WeekendYOU Generalist (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed working at AACC. I would recommend working there to anyone interested in working in a college setting. There are areas for growth depending on how ambitious a person would be.
Productive, Good Work Life Balance
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDJanuary 28, 2018
Adjunct Professor teach one to four courses depending on need of college. Enjoyed working there and the students were great. Hardest part of job was that it was part time with no benefits and you are not guaranteed employment each semester.
Pros
Near home, no supervisor micromanaging
Cons
Job not permanent, not enough hours provided to work
Lack of advancement
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDJanuary 26, 2018
College draws its full-time staff from individuals who possess a PhD regardless of years of service for individuals without a PhD. This has caused a lot of good part-time adjunct instructors to resign.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDDecember 27, 2017
A wonderful place to work with a supportive environment and administrations. The staff here really care about students and their academic career. Great place!
Great Place to Work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSITANT (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDNovember 28, 2017
The people that I work with are fabulous. The culture is outstanding. The only thing that I do not like is the salary. I could be making a lot more at another place of employment.
Instructor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Arundel Hills, MDNovember 12, 2017
Teaching graduate and undergraduate students in a specific field of expertise. Being able to help student expand there lives through education. Being able to lead and advise students on how to be successful in class in the most enjoyable.
It's a great place to be
Student Services Assistant, Consolidated Services (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDOctober 19, 2017
Great place to work. I feel like my management really cares about me and wants me to succeed at my job. I'm given lots of opportunities for on the job training and professional development. The benefits are hard to beat, with lots of time off, paid lunch breaks, free tuition, tuition reimbursement and so on.
Pros
Paid lunch hour, great benefits
Cons
Pay can seem low
Loved working there
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDOctober 13, 2017
I worked at the college for ten years, but was fired for "excessive absenteeism". I didn't matter to my supervisors what the reasons were. They cut back my responsibilities for over a year until they could get rid of me without too much trouble on their end. I have no ill will towards to the college, but it was still a lame thing for them to do.
Pros
Free tuition for family, good hours, lots of time off, good location
Cons
Management is becoming more bureaucratic over time
Lots of opportunity
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDOctober 4, 2017
I really loved teaching a college class once a week for AACC. I literally had a 5-minute drive to the center, and for the most part, everything worked well (air conditioning, heating, equipment, etc.) The only problem was that the snack bar was not open on Saturdays -- and I often taught from 9 - 12 on that day. I taught literature, and loved teaching adult students.
Pros
Lovely building & classroom; eager students
Cons
No snack bar open on Saturdays
I enjoyed the teaching , being temporary made the experience difficult.
Interim Adjunct Voice Faculty (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDSeptember 7, 2017
The facility was an amazing one! The organization at the College was terrific and many of the students were interested in learning. The hardest part of the job was trying to grade students that didn't want to do the work as outlined in the syllabus, but required an A in my class in order to keep their scholarships and financial aide.
Technical Lab Assistant
Technical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDSeptember 5, 2017
This job is related to assisting lab patrons with any technical issues and to provide solutions. This job also allows you to learn new systems for monitoring computer labs to control web activity,
Communication, Cooperation, Commitment
Instructor (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 30, 2017
Our Adult Education team believes in collaboration. Working in tandem, we combine a multitude of talents and skills, diverse experiences and interpretations as well as varied approaches and perspectives to meet the needs of all our students. It is a creative, inspirational and most of all forgiving space where learning is to edify, to challenge and to encourage. The combination fosters a safe and supportive school environment to ignite enthusiasm, forge commitment and promote responsibility.
Great People to With Whom to Work
Adjunct Non-Credit English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 25, 2017
This was only a temporary part time job, but I always loved going to work. The people were wonderful and the benefits really helped people get ahead if they took advantage of the opportunities. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
great educational opportunities
Pleasant co workers and great student culture
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDAugust 10, 2017
The hardest part of this job is getting young adult students to adopt the study habits of students at more competitive colleges to prepare them for transfer to a four year institution
Fun job to start off with
Summer Camp Counselor (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MDJuly 31, 2017
Good experience for a first job. People are very friendly and cordial and working with kids of all different ages is definitely worth it. Pay isn't half bad either.
Safe and fun environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 27, 2017
I learned alot working at AACC book store. I learned about being an effective customer service associate and how to be professional at all times. I learned to be the best associate possible.