Anne Arundel County, MD Employee Reviews

productive clinic for recovery
Fiscal accounts clerk (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 5, 2018
great place to work. help clients in recovery transition. provides and guides people with direction. gives people a new lease on life. encourages people to get off the street drugs.
Okay
Vivitrol Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 4, 2018
The department needs ALOT OF WORK. The culture in the department is not a healthy one but the experience is great. The area I am in really helps the community and that part is what I love.
Opportunity to gain experience in range of Environmental Aspects
Licensed Environmental Health Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 21, 2018
Though your job will be focused in one particular area usually, there are many trainings and certifications offered to gain more experience. Serving the public means you want to be able to schedule your time well so you can arrive at all meetings you have scheduled to assist them properly. Depending on who your supervisor is, it can be an amazing workplace or one driven by a supervisor with only a goal oriented mindset. My supervisor was the best one I've had in my life. She really made the job what it was, as well as the people on your level you get to work with.
Pros
Paid time off, paid holidays, great insurance, drive a county car during work.
Cons
The higher-up management
Reliable and responsable.
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDAugust 15, 2018
I'm really focused on my future and trying to better my life, I always have good feed back from my customers and work place, Very flexible hours and days.
This job was a temporary position
Supervisor of Elections (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 9, 2018
I would work with the public during elections. The last position I held was a supervisor role and computer IT. I would travel through out Anne Arundle county and service the voting machines. Make sure the polling sites were open on time and handle all concerns and complaints.
Creativity and job satisfaction
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 4, 2018
Management was inclusive..all employees provided their input with creative ideas and they were given the independence to make them happen to best serve the citizens. A typical day was of my own making as far as projects were concerned to get the job done, as they could be handled while doing required tasks such as answering the phone, assisting citizens, scheduling, communicating with my superiors and co-workers, producing required correspondence, and handling daily mail.
Pros
Great benefits
I enjoy serving seniors! They are fun!
Nutrition Aide @ Brooklyn Park Senior Ctr (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MDJuly 30, 2018
Gets your foot in the door if relocating to this area.

The work is easy enough, but as usual it the attitude of the people, this is how we always do it...
Pros
Not a bad part time job
Cons
this is the way we always do it....
Stable work environment; limited pay and advancement opportunities
DPW Supervisor (non-represented) (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 29, 2018
Better than average benefits including paid time off, health, and retirement. Stable work environment; limited pay and advancement opportunities. Hard work, dedication, innovation that exceed job requirements are not adequately rewarded via promotion and salary increase.
A good place to begin and grow
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 25, 2018
I worked for AACDH several years ago and enjoyed my job. I began working with inmates as a counselor/addictions specialist and got a transfer to working with the drug court program. The job was reasonable and my coworkers were wonderful. I live in Florida now and wish the health department here was like the one in Annapolis!
Pros
Ability to transfer and advance
Cons
Less variety of responsibilities than I like
Great
Manager - Mrs. Johnson (Former Employee) –  1 Harry S. Truman Pkwy. Annapolis MD 21401July 23, 2018
I enjoyed watching the kids. The kids looked up to me. It was nice having the middle of the day off. I worked before school and after school until 6. It was not bad at all.
Pros
Played with kids
Cons
Parents forgetting their kids at night
Would not recommend
Computer Network Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 18, 2018
First of all, they show very little respect nor empathy. There is virtually no room to go, especially in IT. Very unhappy working here. I would not recommend whatsoever. They hire managers who have very little knowledge and have a hard time bridging the gap between IT and business. They tout "teamwork" but never actually put it into practice. Human Resources was the worst Iv'e ever seen and the only other option is to go above them, which was even worse.
Pros
Jack of all trades. Learned a LOT of new tech.
Cons
It was government. No money for anything. Very poor management. No room to grow.
It was good
chief judge (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working there everyone was friendly helpful open and honest. I have no complaints about anything and I look forward to returning to work for them in November
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Takes a while to get paid
education and experience did not matter when it came to promotion
Child care Teacher, Child care aide, Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 12, 2018
I had to work hard to cover those not doing their job, no opportunity for career advancement, left the field of working in education due this organization
Pros
working with kids
Cons
no chance for career advancement
Excellent place to work
Building Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDJuly 6, 2018
Loved going to work and doing the tasks set before me and interacting with office staff; cleaned Animal Control administrative office and stripped and waxed lobby and was proud of the work I did; also cleaned Fire Training Center and interacted with new trainees and assisted in their locker room cleaning
Pros
Dilay Lunch howers and paid holidays
Cons
Was an essential employee and required to be on duty 2 hours before staff in inclement weather
Productive Place to work.
Park Operations (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDJuly 3, 2018
Although it may be a productive place to work it can be very competitive on advancement. Favoritism plays a part in it. It has a high turnover ratio due to the lack of advancement.
election clerk
Check in judge (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie Park, MDJuly 1, 2018
Good money for one day of work, but long hours. There was plenty of time for breaks and socializing. The work is not hard at all. I would recommend this job to anyone.
It was a good jon
Administrative Assistant-Administration (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 27, 2018
It was a good job. I was on the job for years before leaving. Excellent benefits! Most were a good group of people to work with. Come in and do your job.
Summer Fun
Counselor/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 24, 2018
Honestly, this was one of my favorite jobs, ever. It is a very laid back and fun job. If the pay was better, no one would ever leave. You get to hang out with your peers, and plan exciting activities for summer campers.
Great area to work in
Resident Assistant III/Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Serverna Park, MDJune 15, 2018
The Anne Arundel County area is a great area to work in. You truly never have to encounter traffic/ rush hour traffic. There's ample enough free parking where ever you're going. It's great!
Was not bad for entry into field of library employment
Permanent PTH Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MD 21114May 3, 2018
I enjoyed working with AACPL. It was a great introduction to the field and the staff was always friendly. I was given a wonderful opportunity to learn how a public library is managed.
Cons
Short breaks but average for customer service field.