Anne Arundel Medical Center Employee Reviews

Don't have much to say ,a very brief time working there
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 20, 2018
Working night shift for a brief period of time. A very different type of flow since it is not a teaching institution. People I worked with was very nice diverse group . Enjoyed working there as a nurse staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
great company, surrounded by hardworking people
Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 17, 2018
As an intern at this hospital, I was always treated as an equal when I proposed new ideas or wanted to learn more about the behind the scenes of the bigger projects. The overall atmosphere of the company is very positive.
Beautiful Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at this hospital. Everyone is very friendly. I would work there again. i was responsible for drawing all blood for the hospital on all inpatients. some great nurses there.
Great staff, great patients
Social Work Casemanager/Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 6, 2018
My day would consist of meeting with those patients who would benefit from social work service, as ordered by their doctors. The goal would include assisting in obtaining resources to insure a safe transition to the community.

This would include patients needing home health services, hospice service, emotional support for adjustment to illness, family meetings to develop a workable discharge plan and assess any additional needs, consultation with community agencies to secure resources for the patient, consultation with the treatment teams of identified patients and to follow up with patients regarding any additional needs that arose post discharge.

As a part time social worker, I worked evenings and weekends. My clients would be located in all locations within the hospital and I was responsible for covering all referred patients. This kept me very busy but also allowed me to become familiar with patient needs in many areas from maternity to hospice care.

The most difficult part of the job was being stretched throughout the entire hospital and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and staff.
Pros
Staff support, emphasis on fitness throughout the hospital
Cons
Short or absent breaks due to the caseload
OR staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 3, 2018
AAMC follows national averages for nurses. The professional opportunities are available and encouraged. Team work is present and an integral part of each persons day!
Er rn
RN, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 2, 2018
I found AAMC to be a high stress, busy environment where the other staff were always available to assist. It was a great learning environment for nurses however the management of the ER were not approachable, showed favoritism and made a stressful environment more stressful.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Anne Arundel Medical Center is a magnet hospital. Currently going thru the process for Open Heart Surgery to be conducted at Anne Arundel Medical Center
Typical Budget Driven Facility
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 13, 2018
AAMC is a good hospital to work for but in recent years has pushed for more budget cuts resulting in short staffing. Continuously takes from the employees benefits while increasing medical insurance rates. Gives mediocre, almost insulting, bonuses. Overall, isn't a bad place to work but can be frustrating when you feel underappreciated.
n/a
Cardiology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 3, 2018
There basically is no room for advancement here in this hospital. I have tried to move up the ladder several time,s but keep getting knocked back down.
Pros
no free lunches and no paid vacations unless you have leave
Cons
no room for advancement
Nice place to work
RN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDAugust 10, 2018
ED is busy; staff are nice and very helpful. Management is very supportive to their staff. More opportunities to learn and advance skills. Staff can also access more resources be it lifestyle, career advancement and learning.
Cons
short staffed
well being
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gambrills, MDAugust 10, 2018
At AAMC, employees are encouraged to participate in wellbeing surveys and activities to promote better working environments, however, fiscal bonuses are sparce, and the pay for my certification is low.
Pros
good work place environment
Cons
pay
AAMC Review
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDAugust 6, 2018
I never really got a chance to put my knowledge to use and get my self going in the direction that was needed to fulfill my duties. For the past 3 months, I was learning the fixed asset system and never really got into anything else while at the hospital.
Great Place to Work!
HR Professional (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 31, 2018
Great employees, good benefits, workplace culture is very autonomous, plenty of opportunities to grow within the organization and advance, expanding their diversity
Pros
opportunities to grow/advance, increasing diversity
Great place to work if starting career
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 19, 2018
Depending on your boss, your typical workday could be hellish; enjoyable part of the work day is the relationship with colleagues; hardest part of the job is more work with lesser resources
Stable company with incentive events
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 19, 2018
A fair place to work, little advancement opportunities. But well managed and good conditions. Numerous (monthly) meetings to up date information and share ideas.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
Little advancement
Started great, ended terrible
nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 18, 2018
AAHS was a quality employer 10 years ago. The new management structure has staff running for the hills. Perhaps a portion of the change is a new management methodology and growing pains, but employee satisfaction, retention, and relations have dropped well below industry standards.
As long as you remain healthy good place to work for
Lead Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 18, 2018
Every department management is different and with my experience the supervisor spent more time online shopping and having personal conversations then working. Did not show equal respect to staff. Did not show leadership or proper training. Show favoritism to certain staff when it came to disciplinary actions. Ct x
No room for advancement
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 15, 2018
Not willing to cross-train employees wanting to transfer within the hospital. Management on my unit micromanages staff and does not let staff know when they are doing good.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks & interrupted lunch breaks.
Stay away from environmenta services!!
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 2, 2018
Management in that department is way to strict. Being an entry-level department you would think that management would encourage you to grow and move forward. Nope! Not them. They down talk you behind your back, and write you up as soon as they find out that you've applied for other departments. If things aren't right, they won't have a meeting with you to correct the situation. Instead they'll talk about you behind your back to other employees who can't hold water. The night supervisor has a ton of complaints against her and yet she's still there. Anybody that joins her shift doesn't last past a month. She doesn't know how to talk to you and she's loud and rude to other employees in other departments. She exaggerates everything and shows favoritism.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Management is horrible, No employee discounts for meals, Meal tickets are only given to specific employees, People do not last long in that department, Employees are not notified of any changes.
Nice place to work
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 29, 2018
I met some really great people at this location. I can't speak too much to the benefits because I was contracted in. However, the system that is in place to run the OR is pretty solid and it flows well most of the time. The staff is adequately trained and are mission focused.