Anne Arundel Medical Center Employee Reviews

I wish I had stayed rather than trying the "Other side"
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoyed working at AAMC, they have the career ladder and many classes to learn and grow. I left to try something else, but wish I had stayed to see where I could have grown to.
Pros
Great classes
Cons
A little full of themselves due to being Magnet and the clientele
Management is poor
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJanuary 7, 2019
The culture is very catty, it is not about what you know (or do) but who you know. I am sure the same could be said about most hospitals but my experience with this one is management doesn't help.
The best place to work for me.
ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 31, 2018
It was the best place to work i learn alot from doctor the nurses and ekg techs plus rad tech and most of all from the firer fighter when teching at the hopsital i learn to cross train to fill in position as needed . cheryl hughes
Pros
Learning how to respect people and take care of the sick
Great People
Medical Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 27, 2018
Anne Arundel Medical Center is a first class operation and everyone is extremely dedicated to their mission of quality health care. The pay competitive wages and provide outstanding benefits.
Pros
Professional Atmosphere
Cons
Irregular hours for my position
Cut throat bullying “in crowd” atmosphere
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 27, 2018
They started out seemingly supportive and helpful, I quickly found out that only applies to those they consider one of them. I came in on my resume alone from a smaller community hospital. Trying to get used to the face paced, factory like atmosphere in my unit was a struggle. One educator told me to schedule doctors appointments during orientation when I wasn’t in the numbers, while the other one told me to absolutely not leave early or go to doctors appoints on orientation. To validate their assessment of me on my last week of orientation they dug up a quiz from the hospital week orientation (three months earlier) they felt like I hadn’t done well on (handed it to me without the hospital policy book everyone else got and sent me home to retake it) The next day the educator called me into the office and dismissed me, stating I wasn’t up to their expectations and as a single mother they didn’t feel like I could be focused enough on this unit (after scoring me privately instead of open book open answer like they do in orientation). The manager suggested I try out surgerical centers instead of hospitals. If they don’t feel like you fit they will find a reason and a way to get rid of you
Pros
Cons
Everything else
It okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 4, 2018
If you have a family and looking for flexability you have options at AACC however career advancement in admin job are limited in addition to profressional development.
They have some innovative ideas, but need help
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 19, 2018
No comment
I typically day would be busy but not as rewarding as it could be.

In the office it was way to many obstacles that occurred that prevented my office to be a great place to work for.
Productive Office Environment with Incredible co-workers
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 15, 2018
I have enjoyed working for this company. A typical day at work is from 8 am to 4:30 pm. There are overtime hours required if we are behind. My co-workers are awesome.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Bad Leaders in our department
Registered Nurse- ACE unit (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 12, 2018
Good opportunities for advancement in the work place. There are many classess in the work place and opportunities to lead. I enjoy working with my geriatric population and we have great team work on the unit.
Working with patients was rewarding
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 1, 2018
Working at the physical therapy clinic for Anne Arundel Medical Center was very fast-paced. This is a good job for someone who can multi-task very well and can get along / communicate well with fellow employees. It was rewarding working here because of the patients. I enjoyed working with them and seeing the progression as they battled with their injury. I also learned a lot from the different therapists.
Pros
Working with patientes
Cons
Communication among co-workers
Budget and performance focused
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 30, 2018
Organization that is budget and performance focused. Staff seniority and longevity means little and there is not a personal connection between staff and management. Poor employee benefits and High cost health insurance. High staff turnover.
dont like it
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  pasadena,mdOctober 22, 2018
The company i thought in the very beginning was a great compan, unfortunately it has comepletely fallen by the wait side and management has no clue what to do or how to operate and put too much of there own work off to others
Don't have much to say ,a very brief time working there
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 20, 2018
Working night shift for a brief period of time. A very different type of flow since it is not a teaching institution. People I worked with was very nice diverse group . Enjoyed working there as a nurse staff.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
great company, surrounded by hardworking people
Data Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 17, 2018
As an intern at this hospital, I was always treated as an equal when I proposed new ideas or wanted to learn more about the behind the scenes of the bigger projects. The overall atmosphere of the company is very positive.
Beautiful Hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working at this hospital. Everyone is very friendly. I would work there again. i was responsible for drawing all blood for the hospital on all inpatients. some great nurses there.
Great staff, great patients
Social Work Casemanager/Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 6, 2018
My day would consist of meeting with those patients who would benefit from social work service, as ordered by their doctors. The goal would include assisting in obtaining resources to insure a safe transition to the community.

This would include patients needing home health services, hospice service, emotional support for adjustment to illness, family meetings to develop a workable discharge plan and assess any additional needs, consultation with community agencies to secure resources for the patient, consultation with the treatment teams of identified patients and to follow up with patients regarding any additional needs that arose post discharge.

As a part time social worker, I worked evenings and weekends. My clients would be located in all locations within the hospital and I was responsible for covering all referred patients. This kept me very busy but also allowed me to become familiar with patient needs in many areas from maternity to hospice care.

The most difficult part of the job was being stretched throughout the entire hospital and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and staff.
Pros
Staff support, emphasis on fitness throughout the hospital
Cons
Short or absent breaks due to the caseload
OR staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 3, 2018
AAMC follows national averages for nurses. The professional opportunities are available and encouraged. Team work is present and an integral part of each persons day!
Er rn
RN, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 2, 2018
I found AAMC to be a high stress, busy environment where the other staff were always available to assist. It was a great learning environment for nurses however the management of the ER were not approachable, showed favoritism and made a stressful environment more stressful.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 23, 2018
Anne Arundel Medical Center is a magnet hospital. Currently going thru the process for Open Heart Surgery to be conducted at Anne Arundel Medical Center
Typical Budget Driven Facility
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 13, 2018
AAMC is a good hospital to work for but in recent years has pushed for more budget cuts resulting in short staffing. Continuously takes from the employees benefits while increasing medical insurance rates. Gives mediocre, almost insulting, bonuses. Overall, isn't a bad place to work but can be frustrating when you feel underappreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Anne Arundel Medical Center Reviews by Location