Anoka-Hennepin School District

Anoka-Hennepin School District Employee Reviews

Amazing Benefits
The health insurance benefits for a part-time employee and family are amazing. Different packages to chose from for health and dental. High and low deductible plans available.
Good part-time job
Great Management, challenging but awesome students, good staff, hands on training, flexible schedule, really like the dress code is casual and comfortable
Student orientated
This Anoka Hennepin School District allowed me to have a job I loved going to everyday for 33 years. I started in 1980 not knowing I would be given ongoing opportunities for learning and growth.
Pros
Teaching, student involvement
Cons
Large schools
Despite being the largest district in the state, there are many opportunities for students (and employees) in the district. Multiple specialty schools for students to focus their interest and explore interests in possible future careers.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Specialty schools may not be your assigned high/middle school
Fast Paced Teaching Environment
The typical day teaching in ISD 11 is fast paced and productive. I learned to be more organized and to work within the structure presented.
I learned to work with more staff in my classroom than ever.

The school district has distinct goals for the overall district and each school site applies those goals based on their student needs.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
A typical day at work has me going to five different classrooms and working with five different teachers. I have a caseload of around seventy students with various disabilities. I have learned each student is very unique and requires a lot of time to understand. The hardest part of the job is getting teenagers to understand how important school is for their future. The most enjoyable part of the job is when they are successful.

I am my own boss and rarely see or talk with my supervisor. I am very skilled so it does not really bother me that I am on my own. I have learned to manage my time wisely and am able to accomplish what I set out to do.
Pros
hours, students
Cons
more benefits and advancement
Volunteer Coordinator - Talent Developement
My job is to recruit, train and recognize volunteers leading small groups of children in before or after school activities.

I also coordinate an Academic Expo where students can showcase their independent work and receive encouraging comments from local community members.
Secretary
Great experience working with the school staff, teachers and students. Very rewarding experience and I would do it again if the opportunity came along.
Great groups of teachers striving to educate our youth
The staff and teachers I was able to work with was fantastic! I was a PT teacher with FT responsibilities. My teaching schedule was pretty good. I had curriculum support with guidelines but also allowed some flexibility to include physical activities. There were mtgs in the mornings some days but many of them didn't apply to myself or I was not scheduled as I was a PT teacher. The behaviors as a whole in the school were not great and the administrative follow-through on those behaviors were not fully sufficient. There was not much for consequences for those behaviors. Paraeducator support was wonderful in the classroom. The hardest part of the day were the classes with students that had repeated poor behaviors.The most enjoyable part of the day was when the students were participating in the activities, showing sportsmanship, and having fun.
Pros
Staff, teachers, curriculum
Cons
the way FTE is assigned, lack of admin follow-through with student behavior consequences, getting a "pink slip" because not tenured
Fun and productive
Working at the district has been challenging. I enjoy the students and want to make sure their well educated. I have fun at the district and I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Free outings
Cons
Short breaks
Great work/life balance
I've never worked at a school that gave teachers so much prep time. It's nice to actually be able to get your work done during school hours. Also, experience and knowledge is valued.
unorganized, terrible communications, unethical
Anoka-Hennepin School District is unorganized, doesn't communicate well with employees nor partners and is unethical. I would not recommend this employer.
Great people, not great job stability
In teaching, it seems no matter where, there is a lack of job stability, long hours, little appreciation, and poor to moderate pay.

Anoka-Hennepin School District seems to work hard to break those barriers. While you still work hard, the people make up for that. They are very helpful, encourage professional development, and while the salary is alright, the benefits are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, People
Cons
Job stability is poor
Productive and fun workplace
Supportive administration and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was creating a brand new curriculum for our Dance 3 students.
Pros
Nice prep and lunch break.
Cons
Part-time work
Loved it
Can't work there anymore, but it was a great place to work. Everybody was helpful when I was new and gave me exactly what I needed. School district so there wasn't a lot of funding but got the job done.
Loved the interaction with patients.
Checking patients in for appointments or urgent care visits. I learned how to idnetify emergency's and how to handle that situation. All of my co-workers worked as a team. The hardest part of my job was telling patients there insurance was denied or not accepted. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help patients.
Personnel secretary
I prepared contracts for licensed staff, was responsible for license renewal for licensed staff, answered phones, switchboard relief, worked with Staff Development Coordinator and many more duties.
Pros
loved my job
I had to work at different biulding setting the alarms at both places and the people where great to work for.
start by checking the log book for what work had tobe done frist befor my rutine work was beformed also made sure that the boilers where working correct and proper for the night and befor I left to the other job
Pros
make sure that your work was done correctly, and to make sure that the custumers, and employers where very pleased with my work, and that the safty for every one was good.
Cons
do your work to the best of your knowlege, and ask for up when needed.