Anoka-Hennepin School District Employee Review

View all Anoka-Hennepin School District reviews

Great groups of teachers striving to educate our youth
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MN 55433July 14, 2017
The staff and teachers I was able to work with was fantastic! I was a PT teacher with FT responsibilities. My teaching schedule was pretty good. I had curriculum support with guidelines but also allowed some flexibility to include physical activities. There were mtgs in the mornings some days but many of them didn't apply to myself or I was not scheduled as I was a PT teacher. The behaviors as a whole in the school were not great and the administrative follow-through on those behaviors were not fully sufficient. There was not much for consequences for those behaviors. Paraeducator support was wonderful in the classroom. The hardest part of the day were the classes with students that had repeated poor behaviors.The most enjoyable part of the day was when the students were participating in the activities, showing sportsmanship, and having fun.
Pros
Staff, teachers, curriculum
Cons
the way FTE is assigned, lack of admin follow-through with student behavior consequences, getting a "pink slip" because not tenured

Other Anoka-Hennepin School District Employee Reviews

Amazing Benefits
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Andover, MNMarch 31, 2019
The health insurance benefits for a part-time employee and family are amazing. Different packages to chose from for health and dental. High and low deductible plans available.
Good part-time job
Bus Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNJanuary 15, 2019
Great Management, challenging but awesome students, good staff, hands on training, flexible schedule, really like the dress code is casual and comfortable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anoka-Hennepin School District. Our community is ready to answer.

Anoka-Hennepin School District Reviews by Location