Anoka-Ramsey Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
An exciting and rewarding work place that encourages growth
Student Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNDecember 10, 2017
A typical day provides an opportunity to help enrich the educational experience of students.The most important thing that you learn is how to connect.
Pros
There is vast opportunity to learn
Cons
Short breaks
Slow paced and relaxed
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 6, 2017
A great place to work. I was a student worker at the cafe so the job was pretty slow paced, if there were no customers I could just chill out or do my homework.
Pros
very relaxed
Cons
fast turnover
Management is supportive
M. A. (Director) of Academic Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNFebruary 24, 2017
I have found several mentoring opportunities through college administration helping me to find the leader I want to be. There are a variety of employment opportunities at the college.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Customer Service
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MNFebruary 17, 2016
A great part of my day was entering confidential data about students at the college. I was able to use my creativity on a daily basis. I enjoyed doing the ordering of supplies and furniture for our department. On occasion I had to design furniture to have it custom-made. I learned a great deal about the computer and how it worked. Also, having earned certificates in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and Power Point definitely helped in my day-to-day responsibilities. My co-workers became my "work family." The hardest part about this position was running queries in Microsoft Office - Access. I found that program difficult to navigate. The most enjoyable part about this position was working one-on-one with students when they were planning out their future and watching them from the beginning of their degrees to graduation.
Pros
Free classes and/or certificate earning
Cons
Updates on the computers overnight then the computer wouldn't work
Great place to work, very friendly and one gets to learn a lot.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 8, 2014
Often times many different people come in with various questions pertaining to their coursework. Having people skills and the ability to adapt to different situations is critical. There is a great support system however. When something is not known by the employee, the individual can simply ask a co-worker for additional assistance without any problems with competition or negative feedback. The management is highly flexible in scheduling around the student worker's class schedule. Overall, the whole center is supportive and happy to help. The most enjoyable part is having the privilege to see students develop a deeper understanding in their work and the thanks received from them. The hardest part is showing patience and often restraint when faced with a student either unwilling to learn or frustrated with the material.
Pros
Great environment, highly gratifying, good learning experience.
Cons
Low pay and no benefits.
Good place to settle down
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 6, 2014
Probably not a place for great advancement within, however great for the inexperienced looking to put in a few years, or the seasoned professional looking to stay until retirement
Pros
government job
Cons
average to below average pay
Very busy workplace - time flies!
Customer Service Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 23, 2013
In the copy center of a college we printed everything from class books sold in the bookstore to exams. We also did things like theatre tickets, posters, postcards, fliers, binding, all college mail sorting and processing and all supply orders and distribution. Everything has a deadline and some days were very stressful but we tried to keep it fun and upbeat. The people I worked with and did stuff for were great people and I miss them very much!

I learned how to run many different industrial sized office machines and alot about fixing copy machines of all sizes.
Pros
Always learning something new, worked with a great bunch