Anoka Hennepin School District Employee Reviews

Very slow paced sub work. Not paid enough to receive no benefits.
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Jackson middle schoolApril 6, 2018
Had to look into other districts because the pay is so low. Generally staff is always helpful and courteous. But work is slow paced, it's the most boring job I've ever had.
Pros
Pick your own hours
Cons
Boring
Substitute teacher, worked when I wanted
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNFebruary 24, 2018
The substitute teaching postion at Anoka Hennepin was nice because I got to choose the days I worked. The pay was mediocre but is a nice job for working when you want.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNFebruary 18, 2018
If you like working with kids this a great place to work. The schools are great and the children are fun. Great overall experience and would recommend giving it a try.
Pros
pick where and when you want to work
Cons
no benifits for sub
Best school district
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 15, 2017
Absolutely loved everything about this job! Coworkers, management, and students! I coached, tutored, and was a special education paraprofessional. I would have never left if I didn’t get relocated for family issues to Texas. Great benefits package!!
Pros
Work environment is rewarding
Cons
Salary was low but it’s also public school
Great opportunity that fit my schedule
Substitute Paraprofessional/Substitute Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNNovember 1, 2017
I was a substitute para educator. It was a great way to work on the days that fit my busy schedule of being a stay at home mom. The school district made sure I attended a seminar explaining what the job would consist of. I typically worked with special education children at the school my children attended. I loved it and really enjoyed the kids and the teachers. The teachers were very helpful when I had questions.
Pros
Position fit my schedule
Great summer job
Community Education Instructor/Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed working here. The boss and coworkers were great. I would work there again if I could. The job was stress free and enjoyable everyday.
Fun working with children
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolAugust 26, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.

Also, the staff was great!

The workplace culture was very friendly, helpful and flexible.
Pros
Students and Staff
Cons
Na
Start date Jan. 72
Fourth Grade Classroom TeacherAnoka County (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNAugust 19, 2017
Student taught in 3rd grade, 5th grade, 3months 6thgrade, 4th grade taught several years. Enjoyed great supportive staff and principle.
Organized several educational field trips each year which were very enriching for the children and teachers. Every year was a new challenge to find new and exciting acctivities for the children to compliment the curriculum. .The background of the students were bluecollar. The most enjoyable part of the was watching the children grow and advance. The hardest part of the job was leaving. Start date Jan 72.
Pros
close to home for commute
Cons
trying to do more educationally
Positive work environment with amazing opportunities.
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 14, 2017
The people i worked with were all extremely focused and welcoming. The job is straightforward with little stress. Its the type of job you can go home at the end of the day and not still be stressed about work.
if teaching it is good place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 26, 2017
I teach and anoka hennepin as a competitive salary schedule. I am able to coach where i teach as well so that adds income. I am secure in my position and i work close to home.

Want to know more about Anoka Hennepin School District?

Ask a question
Part-time no benefits
Transportation Para-Educator/Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 9, 2017
No benefits and no full-time status, the pay period is a month out and you can not collect unemployment in the summer months because this job is considered part-time
A relaxed workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 9, 2017
Working in the warehouse at anoka Hennepin was a good summer job just out of high school. It was a good mix of relaxed and tense when big shipments would come in.
Fun environment to work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 20, 2016
Greeting parents and students for swim lessons. The manger of the pool when I was hired was great to work for and really enjoyed the job and teaching children and families to be safe in the water. The hardest part of the job is showing parents that their children didn't pass the class. Every parent wants their child to move up even when the child does not quite meet the requirement for the next level
I love my co-workers and my superiors -
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNApril 8, 2016
Much great support from co-workers and superiors in very demanding work. Many great relationships with youth, and parents.
Pros
Numerous schools where there is work.
An exilerated learning process
Tutor Connect (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 19, 2015
The young students I worked with were eager and dedicated. The reading comprehension program I offered to 3rd and 4th graders required work in spelling, reading games, strategy and patience.
Our manager was professional, caring and astute. My co-workers were diligent and committed to excellence. The most difficult part of the job was making sure they were attaining what they needed. They accomplished a good amount of work and that was my happiness. The most enjoyable was watching their grades improve along with their attitudes.
Pros
Enthusiastic students.
Cons
Seriously, their were no cons worth mentioning.
energetic busy place
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJune 5, 2015
I work with children most days its dealing with students with special needs or children who have proven to be difficult. I have had the pleasure of learning skills to calm a situation and redirect. I have learned to work as a stronger team. I enjoy the fun and caring atmosphere provided. I enjoy the variety of coworkers I get to work with from young to old. The biggest struggle I would say would be to let go and not worry so much.
Amazing opportunities to work with children
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Various schools within the districtJune 4, 2015
I was a substitute paraprofessional. I worked with the teachers to help the students in the special education department. I would work with a group of children or one on one depending what was needed. I worked with a variety of ages, but I especially enjoyed the preschool children. I would play with them, get them ready for lunch, or gather them up for music time, I would read to them, and get them ready to go home.

It was a very satisfying job.
Pros
schedule
Cons
limited availability open positions
Awesome Job
Kids Stuff Part Time Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Working for this company changed my life. This job was filled with amazing people, interesting experiences, and continued to build me each and every day.
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse/Medical Careers Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 30, 2015
Great job teaching students about healthcare.
Taught Nursing Assistant ti students that were planning on going into the Nursing field.
Low pay for the staff at adventures plus program.short staff,management so so...
Sub (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNApril 14, 2014
Adventures Plus program before and after school for kids,is very low pay..lowest compared to surrounding districts.Very short staffed,management not well received...don't apply here..
Pros
Part time
Cons
Low pay