ANOTHER WAY, INC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay away
Shelter Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 14, 2018
This place does not care about their employees. It does not matter how much time you invest, they will throw you out the door in a heart beat. There is no job security. It is a stressful job, and is not as satisfying as it used to be.
Benefits
Cons
Managment, Pay, Job security
Great experience don't let people fool you
Advocate (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 3, 2018
I currently work for Another Way and have for a few years now. It is sad that people have written such awful things about staff on here. I just encourage you to remember there are always two sides to every story and my experiences with all the management has been positive especially the coordinators and program director. The job can be demanding and stressful but you are engaged in helping people overcome a situation that could have taken their lives.
I love the leadership at the organization as they are always willing to listen to your problems or issues at hand. They expect you to do your job as any place does because the job is crucial to people's lives. If you do your job effectively then you never have an issue. They have employee incentives at staff trainings, the benefits are amazing, and there is a lot of training.
Yes the pay can be lower but they are a nonprofit organization. To make up for that you get five weeks of PTO your first year and the organization is very lenient with time off as long as you are doing your job and taking care of your clients. They pay for your vision, dental, health, and life insurance with an opportunity to upgrade it if you want at your own expense.
You travel out of town for trainings at times but the hotels are always amazing and you are reimbursed for the travel and per diem.

I stress this: Do not let others reviews on here who possibly were let go deter you from this amazing organization for whatever reason. Even their interviews
  more... are fun and laid back.
If you are looking for a great environment with lots of laughs and great supervisors, Another Way is the place!
Pros
Benefits, management, team, coworkers, Pto
Cons
Pay
Current Employee
Advocate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 7, 2018
I currently work for Another Way and have for a few years now. The job can be demanding and stressful but you are engaged in helping people overcome a situation that could have taken their lives.
I love the leadership at the organization as they are always willing to listen to your problems or issues at hand. They have employee incentives at staff trainings, the benefits are amazing, and there is a lot of training.
I plan on retiring from Another Way, they have made me feel at home and I love love love my job. Do not let others reviews on here who possibly were let go deter you from this amazing organization. Even their interviews are fun and laid back.
Pros
Benefits, supervisors are awesome, Pto, great environment, supportive supervisors, rewarding job
Cons
pay
Great Place for Recover
Florine Gwynn Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PA 15401January 2, 2018
Good place recover can happen if you want it People are nice great program beautiful setting Very busy on the go a lot to learn about drug and alcohol six month program
Dead End
Addictions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDNovember 14, 2017
You don't get any benefits there. It's a dead end job there is no promotions. You have to work the same job and they don't try to pay you what your worth.
The company really care about their clients
Clinic, Substance Abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDOctober 4, 2017
The company cares a lot about their clients. Employees work really hard, they have great groups, and the CEO takes his employees to an elaborate Christmas dinner and a wonderful bonus. I mean a real bonus!
Pros
Rewarding profession
Cons
No health benefits
Nothing positive to contribute to Another Way
SV Outreach Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chiefland, FlSeptember 20, 2017
Poor communication from management; negatively aggressive leadership; unrealistic goals; inadequate training; computer equipment provided to staff non-functional; high employee turnover; below poverty wages.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Work culture unrefined; poor communication
Unsafe place to work
Victims Advocate Clerk/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 20, 2017
Sadly to say this, but this was a battered shelter. People which were in-housed here were violent and several was verbal abusive. Upper management would not help with security of safety for employees. Several of my friends experienced this same problem. When you mention it to a supervisor, you were unemployed with this company.
Pros
This company teaches empowerment
Cons
This company didn't show empowerment and job security
Nothing to Review
Victims Advocate Clerk/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 19, 2016
I Established and maintained relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet company needs. I Prepared case history records and reports. I Counsel individuals, groups, or families regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
Pros
Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups. Assessing their situation, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required to meet their needs.
Cons
Not many victim advocates stay with this company long.
Great services for the local community.
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 10, 2015
A DV Shelter and SV Crisis Center serving 7 counties thru outreach services and 2 shelters.

Our DV and SV advocates work their best to educate local communities, fun awareness event and activities, fundraising, and training.
Pros
Provide training, benefits, and supportive management.
Cons
N/a
Not a fun place to work-high expectations with no support
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FloridaNovember 17, 2013
The Executive Director of Another Way places unrealistic expectations on her staff and then provides sporadic support for management staff to accomplish the goals set. When expectations are not met she is not consistent in how she deals with the results. Co-workers were great but on edge most of the time because they didn't know exactly what to expect and turnover was the worst I have ever seen in an organization. When speaking with people in the community, they were surprised that I lasted 3 years based upon the reputation of the Executive Director and the organizational environment. Job was not difficult but dealing with several governmental entities and grants did have its challenges based upon constant changes in expectations and rules.
Pros
Healthcare 80% paid, 100% Dental, STD/LTD and Life Ins Paid
Cons
Lack of Consistent Support
very stressful job
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, Florida July 19, 2013
Very stressful job. Very fast turnover of employees. No drug testing for employees. Management were unsupportive and will terminate staff anytime they want to.

Pros
helping victims of domestic violence
Cons
just a temporary job. Will not recommend to work at this place.
Job was very stressful at times for me.
Victim's Advocate (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 1, 2012
Job mostly consisted of maintaining participant files, and assisting clients by providing referrals and non-judgmental counsel. Follow up with individual clients goals.lue
This job requires that you have a heart for helping others. It can be disheartening when you find that some of the people you work with do not have the "heart for helping others".
Even more disheartening when you bring the issues to your supervisor's attention and nothing is done regarding the maltreatment of clients.
the hardest part of the job is having to depart a client that you know has no outside support system to enable her to stay independent of her abuser. In alot of cases they end up returning to an abusive situation.
the best part of job is when a participant achieves her goal of indepenence.