Antech Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced and too much work for little pay
SPECIMAN PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSMay 17, 2018
The hours aren't great. They ask too much out of the processors for very little pay. The only enjoyable part of the job is working with some of the best all around employees.
A fun place to work and learn
Grossing Technician Histology / Cytology (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMay 6, 2018
Antech Diagnostics is very friendly. I really enjoy the people there, they are so friendly and some of the co-workers are very good teachers. There's a lot you can learn from them.
Pros
Good oppurtunity to learn
Cons
The pay is very low
Fast paced environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 6, 2018
It was an overnight position and very fast paced but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Eight hour shifts that usually turned into ten and twelve hour shifts. Friendly coworkers.
Slow
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 5, 2018
Very slow pace through the years it been a nice place to work but I have threw a lot of management threw out the years but here recent things have not been a good place to work
interesting and challenging
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2018
It's hard when your direct supervisoris a couple of weeks away from yme. I may have bitten off more than can chew with this one. I may not have been ready for the responsibilities of the postion.
Horrible place to work. The work never ended. The management staff is uneducated and it shows.
Specimen Technician III (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAMarch 17, 2018
This company pays very little money but require a lot of work. The building is rat infested. And there's a Saturday rotation to work, which is never rotated. Certain people have to work every weekend.
Not interested in employees, only there productivity.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
Management and upper-management had no interest in cultivating a friendly and upbeat working environment. Management played favorites with employees. They discriminated against different religions and cultures. Management proffered to bring in new people rather than promote from within. Management did not encourage employees to ask questions. management would ignore simple questions.Nor did they seek help when asked complicated questions they did not know the answers to.
Pros
good bennafits
Cons
favoratism, poore managment
This job sucks
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 6, 2018
If you are a brownnoser then u could probably get along with management. Even then they will stab you in the back. One thing is for sure keep your personal life out of the workplace.
Cons
Fast paced learning and great co-workers
Histology Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 1, 2018
The learning environment is fast-paced, a lot of client interaction over phone/email regarding client issues. Great manager in the lab coordinator department!
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks, lots of work
Fun Workplace
Accessioner II/ Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Lake Success, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Busy, on your toes, and great employees.

Training is quick and you get to learn every department so that you can choose your area of liking.

Schedule is great and work is redundant.
Good communication force and safety enforcement environment.
Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2018
Applied to this company & learned, gained new new ways to work as a team with keeping updated on new set-up, employees & supervisors. Offered benefits extending beyond employees which is fair. Experienced working with 3 departments under one roof, not including receiving & shipping. Good team work.
Pros
Quality Assured to meet customers need.
Cons
Business went under new ownership which cause the 3 department to split up & major lay-offs.
Only cared about production quotas
Veterinary Pathology Transcriptionist - Remote (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Being micromanaged by upper management who are watching your every move remotely, counting every word and line typed was ridiculous. I loved working in the Veterinary field and would like to continue in this role, but only if I can work In-house instead of from home. Too many distractions to focus appropriately. The supervisor taught me so much and worked as hard as the rest of her staff.
Pros
Great healthcare, Great Pet care, Supervisor who shared what she knew and worked as hard as her staff.
Cons
Micromanaging upper management who only cared about the bottom line, having to work at 4:00 am.
Stressful
Senior Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 4, 2018
Work isn't hard, very easy once you get the hang of it. Management is HORRIBLE!!! You never know if they're plotting to get rid of you. A lot of backstabbing within management. There's lack of training, you basically have to learn as you go. If you want a constant headache and less time in your personal life then Antech is the place to be.
Pros
Mostly sitting, overtime
Cons
Poor management, work 8 hrs before you can take a lunch
Slavery
Lab processor (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 23, 2018
One of the worse places I've ever worked at, I worked over nightm from midnight to 7am, I never got a break, I was only able to take a break when i was done with processing all the specimens, I would process over 500 specimens a night maybe more. They kept me at part time so they wouldnt be obligated to give me benefits. My days off were sunday & tuesday. worst ever
Pros
Cons
working over night no benefits no timely raises, no lunch breaks
It was a good learning experience
Laboratory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYJanuary 4, 2018
It was a good learning experience, I had to learn everything on my own. Other coordinators are insecure about their own positions and that's why they would not teach the new employees. Management sits in California and in New York they don't even let any of their mistakes be known to the management. They hide a lot of things within the facility. Management doesn't even know.
Fast Paced, but fun
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYDecember 28, 2017
Although this job had no ties to my career field, it was definitely ranked amongst my favorites! I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and camaraderie that was felt amongst coworkers. Was it stressful? Of course, quotas had to be filled, but the team focused environment balanced the pace.
Pros
Free coffee; overtime
Cons
Management had their favorites
Advantages and Disadvantages
Sales Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 28, 2017
Need a better training for management and observation. I received a lot of knowledge while working at Antech in which I can use elsewhere. It is a fast paced, high demanding job that I was in and therefore was a relief to no longer be apart of.
Pros
Bonuses for New Accounts
Cons
The enviornment was cutthroat
Clients were great
Territory Sales Manager - West Coast Florida (Current Employee) –  Florida West CoastDecember 18, 2017
A few too many hats for one position. The position required sales, customer service, billing and putting out any and all fires, some created from within.
PC Technician
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 3, 2017
A typical day at work - provide technical support for local and remote end users. Great place to learn/ get work experience. Management was not very visible, left training to shift workers, some were not always willing to train. It's a small workplace, not a bad job, you just have to figure a lot of things out on your own.
Pros
Small work environment
Cons
Commute
Draining
Microbiology Lab Tech II (Former Employee) –  Lake Success, NYNovember 22, 2017
The company does not care about its workers or the quaity of their work. The pay is does not compensate for the amount of work you do for the comany. Poor upper managment.