Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,593 reviews matching the search See all 3,643 reviews
Great Company to work for
Business Info Consultant | Program Integrity (PI) (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 15, 2018
Great benefits. Great culture. Amazing career growth, free training portal and education reimbursement. Job quality expectations are high. Excellent work life balance.
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Cons
I can't think of any
Great Culture that is conductive to productivity
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 15, 2018
Working at Anthem was a very pleasant experience. The managers are extremely helpful and set you up for success. The environment is very friendly amongst peers and everyone is there to help one another. The benefits are great and they take care of their own if you have an emergency or are sick.
Pros
Free cupcakes on occasion, relaxed environment, plenty of room to grow.
Cons
Lunch and breaks are at different times every day
5 shooting starts!
Member claim services (Current Employee) –  Albany, NY 12206December 14, 2018
One of the best insurance companies I’ve worked for Thier goal is to go. Above and beyond for each consumer to ensure all medical needs or inquiries are met. Even if one needed general information anyone within the company is glad to do so!
Pros
Gaining knowledge inside of the actual health insurance company itself, acknowledgement of assistance from consumers with satisfactory service!
Cons
None!
Department Dissolved
Captive Agent (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 13, 2018
Our Captive Agency department functioned autonomously, which I enjoyed. Upper Management was clearly the negative of the work, and ultimately the ACA (aka Obamacare) caused our entire department to dissolve, therefore, our careers as agents were brought to a halt.
Pros
Enjoyed my Client Base
Cons
Weak Upper Management
Great Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 13, 2018
Good work place I wish I could of stay on permanent excellant training people working with nice fun friendly, manager is great and training was excellant!
Pros
excellant work place
Cons
Temp position
Enjoyed Working with the my fellow employees
Health Insurance Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 13, 2018
A typical day at work was always busy with inbound calls and always making sure you had to work very well with work management when it came to your time.

I really loved my manager, I would highly recommend her as someone I would want to work with again.

Very hard part of the job was trying to keep up with the calls coming in and not leaving the customers in the call queue for a long time before someone answered the phone.

I enjoyed coming into work to see my closest friend I made while I became a team member and loved working with the manager I had everyday. She understood me very much and I would love to work under her again.
Pros
Excellent Manger
Cons
Hard to work under pressure with Work Management
Not a good place to work
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHDecember 12, 2018
To be honest, I would avoid the customer care rep 1 or 2 and the pharmacy technician positions. You're forced to take phone calls for 8 full hours. The training sucks as it only teaches you how to use one system, but doesn't teach you the aspects of the job. You have to learn the job through audits, which the audits dictate what you can and can't do. Favoritism is a real thing in this department. If management doesn't like you, don't expect to be able to do anything different. The morale on the floor is bad. Most of the veteran employees are leaving. New employees are leaving within a week or two of getting on the floor. The company doesn't seem to like to hire from within. The managers were hired from outside and gave no idea what they're doing. No matter how busy it is, managers will never do anything to assist. They'll definitely make sure you know when you're not in available to take calls or if something isn't dress code, but they can't even answer questions about the job. I would avoid this place of I were you. It's not worth the low pay. It's a dreadful experience that will have you wondering why you are where you are in life.
Pros
Monday through Friday
Cons
Poor management, high school atmosphere, being watched like a hawk. No room for advancement unless you're a managers favorite, low pay, etc.
Great Work Environment
Team Lead/Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 11, 2018
Amazing work ethic from the management staff, amazing growth you can achieve within the company. It’s unfortunate I couldn’t stay longer than the annual enrollment period, but overall it’s an amazing company to work with especially if you’re licensed to sell health insurance.
Pros
Overtime
nothing
Consumer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2018
I would not recommend this type of job to anyone, there is no diversity in the hiring of minorities it is just a toxic hostile work environment and has a very high attrition rate.
Productive medical insurance company
Medical Claims Representative / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 10, 2018
While working for Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield I've learned a lot a lot to preform my day to day duties. The training I received has been some of the top training I have gotten. The typical Day consists of Medical claims processing, follow-up on work reporting to manager, and having work done in a correct timely matter.
Pros
discounts of medical benefits
Cons
stressful

Want to know more about Anthem, Inc.?

Ask a question
Its a good place to work
Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 10, 2018
Good place to work, culture isn't as welcoming as expected but over a great place.

there is a good mix of family/work balance that can be achieved here and the ability to work remote is a plus.
Wonderful place to be at
Customer Service Rep, 9 months (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2018
Anthem is a great company to work for! Easy atmosphere and nice cowokers. Management is just as great, Its a very clean enviroment and very friendly. The work and training is easy and managable.
Work Life Balance
Lead Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CADecember 9, 2018
Worked from 2003 through 2015, promoted four times within those years. Able to work from home the last five years of the position which allowed wonderful work, life balance.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Sink or swim till u sink
Operation Expert (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CADecember 8, 2018
To advance you need to butter up management rather than advancing due to your skills and knowledge. Worked 9 years and assisted the department in every which way: long hours, weekend, even helped other departments yet advancing into management was impossible. The favored reps maintain those positions not the skilled.
summary
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHDecember 6, 2018
Great place to work. Good pay and benefits. work hours were good and plenty of paid time off. Too bad alot of people lost their positions due to downsizing
Pay does not balance out
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2018
Working at anthem was great until I had to keep being up skilled on new states and policies but no pay increase. The training never stop and the work load never decreased
Pros
14/hr is great
Cons
Constant work load increase with no compensation
good
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, GADecember 5, 2018
I currently still work here. Anthem is a good company to start a career at any age. Sometimes it is hard to get in, but once you get your foot in the door you can excel.
Data Analyst
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 3, 2018
Worked morning shifts, the commute there was very exciting. I've learned to have patience in this work., Kept busy and mostly did a lot team work with this job.
Pros
Nice breaks for lunch in St. Louis
Cons
Non-flexible
Director of Retention / Marketing Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2018
Worked at AmeriGroup for 10 years, where I obtained my Health Services experience.The company offered room for advancement, great people to work with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Aquisition
Nursing and Case Management
Registered Nurse Disease Management (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 2, 2018
Work at home is a great job, however, building a team rapport can be difficult when the manager would like to be contacted for everything you do. Not all managers are in this category. It is a great job benefit wise.
benefits
Cons
micromanaging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

90%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss