Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,775 reviews matching the search See all 3,832 reviews
Not a great place to work
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2019
The Louisiana plan was a great place to work until the leadership changed. Inexperienced people were hired for leadership positions, there were silos, and little career advancement for all people. Training for new hires is non existent. Expect to be on your own. You will never receive answers to questions and the company is the most unorganized place I've ever worked. People are afraid to speak up due to fear of retaliation. I believe Anthem's current CEO is trying to change things for the better. However, Louisiana's Healthyblue plan is a fail.
Pros
Benefits, compensation
Cons
no work life balance, poor leadership, they don't care about employees, no career advancement
Micro management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2019
They say they try to help you be promoted within but they don't and they blackball you. They hire through temp agencies so they don't have to pay their employees benefits and then they don't hire permanently to allow those people to have benefits
Pros
Parking
Cons
Too many to list
Great place to work at and advance in your career
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2019
Anthem is what you make it. If you don’t like call centers then Anthem is not for you. I absolutely love it. All the managers in my department are great!
Costumer Care Representative
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2019
you make calls ans responed to the represtantinves and providers.
Try to use microsoft such as office excel word ect.
very multicultural place to work
Pros
food
Cons
hours
Looking for a remote position.
Managed Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2019
I am currently employed by this company. The work balance is tough and could be updated to allow employees to take a a 1/2 day instead of using a full day for doctor appts. or children's activities.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not a good work/life balance.
Amazing opportunity
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAMarch 18, 2019
This position was very professional and fair. I learned more here than anywhere else with a supportive staff and being part of a side by side team. Overall wonderful place to be employed
Annual Layoffs
Technical IT Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2019
Anthem is a good company, but do not expect to retire from Anthem. Once employee get to 20 plus years with them or get up in age Anthem will lay you off. They are also known to lay off associate while out on medical leave
Pros
good 401k matching and bonus program
Cons
annual layoffs
Job experences
CSR II (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAMarch 17, 2019
Very stressful but very rewarding experience. You are working in a call center. With the raising cost of health care service and medication, when a member call the service center they sometimes can be very frustrated. but if you know your job and the company products you can minimizes you and member level of frustration.
Do not work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2019
Do you want to get bullied by other employees?
Do you want to get written up for reporting issues?
Do you want to lose your job due to lack of training?

Pay is low
Management is the worst
Always under construction
Pros
Non
anthem inc
Customer Service Representative (hpr) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2019
working for anthem was good and the mangers where great and the team leads and other employees where great as well. My manger was the best for everybody that new him loved him
Great place to work .
Provider Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 16, 2019
It was a great place to work. Anthem values their employees.The typical day is 8 hours. Anthem provides training for their employees.
The management staff provides assistance to their staff.
Arrogance needed to work there
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 15, 2019
Constantly rated top 10% retention specialists. Tried to make the job fun/enjoyable with joking when appropriate. Management takes themselves too seriously and frowned on any attempt to make the job better. But they would come around with things for a 5 year old from Oriental Trading Co. (read cheap and insulting) as their sign of "appreciation". Stress level hit the roof(not to mention greatly violated professional ethics which clients picked up on)when they cancelled PPO coverage in Colorado and made clients fill out new application for HMO coverage(Anthem Blue Cross could have switched clients automatically but claimed they did not have client's info to do so, the subcontractor did. Biggest lie in the world, they were just trying to force people off of the coverage entirely). They gave "review" training for working with insurance brokers in Sept. (never had this kind of training before-even trainer surprised only given 3 days training and not two weeks as normal), did not have us use it until following Jan. by then forgot what training was, struggled to assist brokers. Had worked two open enrollments as a temp/contract rep, applied for regular job doing same exact thing, given very short telephone interview, so in essence they are saying to save money ok to work temp but not on regular basis. Regular employees go around with arrogance. They do not care about clients or employees.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Laid back
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2019
Nice place to work, downside is the hours can change every 6 months and you can work as late as 8pm-
Being open that late being an insurance company, there are little to no calls coming in
Pros
Atmosphere great
Cons
Hours changing every 6 months
Great Company to work for
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2019
While working for Anthem, I was promoted within the company 3 times in seven years. I'm grateful for all that I have learned with this company. The values and culture is the best I've worked for.
Great Place
Agile Technical Program Director (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 15, 2019
Great place to work, people were knowledgeable. Going through an Agile Transformation Journey, learned a lot about Agile methodology. Leadership was very technical and knowledgeable, training programs were sufficient for full time staff members. .
Claims Processer
Claims Processor II (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 14, 2019
Anthem overall is a great company to work for. Pay could be better but the benefits and discounts offered are great. Anthem has a “ We are one Anthem” slogan. Yet different departments get different treatment. There is an on sight gym with lots of fitness classes.
Pros
Benefit, Flexibility
Cons
Pay and No advancem
innovative
Direct Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2019
Anthem is a place where an individual can take control of thetureure. The people who work there re extremely nice and helpful. My experience was great because Anthem hires people who believe in helping others achieve the goals that they have. Working for Anthem helped me to procure my insurance license.
Stressful environment
Grievance/Appeals Analyst I, Medicare Grievances (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 14, 2019
i've worked in several different departments within anthem and they have all been extremely stressful environments, in which it is clear that leadership do not care about their employees
Productive and fun work place environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 13, 2019
First I would like to start off saying that the managment is great. I have nothing but the best to say about my managers they always help when I have questions that need answering. Also my fellow coworkers are the best that I have ever worked with and we help each other all the time. This is the best company that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The only reason that I would consider leaving is for the lack of advancement. The position that I want to apply internally for, provider relations, is rarely available.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes, great work environment.
Cons
Short lunch break, lack of advancement.
It might get better down the road
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2019
It seemed like a good place to get started on a career path but it didn't last long as they streamlined and many of us were let go. Prior to that, it seemed like a good company finding its footing in the mn market.
Pros
Coffee is always on
Cons
Got laid off after only a few months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.2K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight