Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51K
41K
Found 3,104 reviews matching the search See all 3,152 reviews
Lots of work, but great company.
Director, Business Production Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
Many meetings per day for management and above. Senior leadership could do a better job of communicating the overall goals the company wants to achieve. There was a lot of changes at the executive level over the past year and some mid-level management didn't seem to be getting direction from upper level.
Cons
Great company to work for, but many layoffs of really good associates which is unfortunate.
Great company to work for
Regional Director, Provider Network Development (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
Anthem provided me with career advancement opportunities, tuition reimbursement and had a strong mentor-ship program. They also allowed working remotely 2 days a week.
Pros
Working Remotely
Anthem
Provider Services CSR II NASCO (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2018
Anthem is a great company to work for . The flaws to anthem is getting stuck in one department without moving up at Anthem. I am also underpaid for my current role at Anthem I can be making more than what I am making now .. Great work balance and benefits are offered to full time employees .
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Moving up at Anthem
Anthem was a good place to work for.
Enrollment and Billing Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2018
Anthem was a good place to work for. They gave me the background with Medicare and how Medicare works. I'm now able to tell family and friends when to apply for Medicare and the process and I am able to advise about the secondary insurance needed to fit their needs.
Claims Represenative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
the worst job ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would never recommend anyone to work at anthem, worst management the training they provide you sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
This is a professional, career centered company that promotes within and provides educational development. This is a great place to work for the career minded individual.
Pros
education reimbusement
Cons
Work is based on departmental needs.
Not sure it is worth it!
Behavioral Health Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2018
I worked on contract with an option to be hired. I worked very hard with this company and did everything they asked me to do. I had no experience doing this type of work but by the time my year was up I was meeting all of the set requirements. The manager even had one on one assistance to help me meet all of the requirements. But in the end I was not hired and the manager didn’t even meet with me to let me know. She didn’t even come by to say Bye, good luck, not one word! So my experience was not one I would wish on my enemy. By the time I left I was so stressed out and my work and dedication was not recognized!
Pros
Pay, on site cafeteria
Cons
No training, had to teach yourself, environment was not friendly, couldn’t trust anyone, everyone out for themselves
Anthem
LTSS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 15, 2018
Overall great company to work. Anthem is a conglomerate of healthcare companies located around the nation. They offer remote positions, flexibility, and good benefits. I would recommend to a friend.
Great Benefits, compensation bonuses
Sr. Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2018
I worked in IT and the company provided great benefits and compensation as well as excellent bonuses, however, the down side is that yearly reviews were generally very small not matter how good your review was and promotions were non existent.
Pros
Compensation, Bonuses
Cons
small annual raises, poor managers, no training
Worst job ever!!
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 13, 2018
They did a pay raise for everyone and gave new hires a huge raise and nothing for us that have been there longer and know more, how is that fair? I never been at a company where everyone gets a raise company wide, I'm use to you do your time you get paid for it. There is no room for advancement unless you want to do management or be an auditor. There is so much politics in regards to it's not about what you know it's about who you know. Management is the worst they like to hire people that have no background in management or supervising. I feel they just hire anybody here, probably why there is so much turnover. It became so ghetto had to leave!!
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Everything else
Informative but challenging at times
Operations Expert (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2018
My workday involves monitoring phone lines, assist representatives, taking irate phone calls, reporting new information to my manager, informing members of my team of new information, keeping track of ASA, and running reports involving inventory
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Not enough peer interaction
na
Claims Representative (Provider Service Advocate) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2018
recently heard they had another layoff....not considered a secure job my many.. advanced roles allow quality to get you fired...lots of layoffs almost annually
Great Place to Work
Wellness & Recovery Specialist-CPS/Care Management (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 12, 2018
Great place to work. The pay is good with all benefits. Personal development is encouraged. One of the most enjoyable aspect of the job is engaging members in being active in their wellness.
Formerly a Great Employer
Programmer, Senior (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2018
At the beginning of my tenure with the company, the work conditions and benefits were absolutely top-notch. The work was challenging and management afforded ample resources to handle the tasks.

However, a shift in leadership brought about catastrophic changes. Dozens of experienced, loyal Anthem associates were severed from the company and their duties were delegated to foreign contractors or H1B visa holders. The quality of services continued to decline as more positions were converted.

My immediate managers were wonderful and did their best to cope with the dwindling staff. I was awarded several times with bonuses and raises for my performance during the months prior to my termination. Regardless of the quality of work I produced, my number was called and I was terminated in one of several a "Reduction of Force" actions.
Pros
Work at Home, Challenging Work
Cons
Employment Insecurity
competitve environment
Grievance & Appeals Representative I (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 11, 2018
great company with excellent benefits, awesome work culture ,lot of fun activities during the holidays ..lot of collaboration among the teams , always try to improve employee satisfaction.
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Anthem is a productive and fun place to work.My department is great I enjoy working with my team and management is always there when you need them. Anthem also offers their employees great benefits
Horrible training
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2018
The company had a horrible training plan, and then when we gave incorrect info to customers they fired us, instead of explaining to us what we did wrong so we could correct it.
Enjoyed coworkers
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2018
Anthem offered a very nice environment to work and offered very good benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my coworkers and learning new skillsets.
Review
Health Program Representative II (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2018
The day is very streamlined. There is a workflow process in place to provide smooth transition throughout the day. Opportunities to learn are available. management is all about the team member and helping them to be there best. The culture is very diversified, with equal opportunities for all. No real hard part as you have the capability to ask questions and you are provided with opportunities to increase your training. The most enjoyable part is working with a family that cares about you genuinely and your success.
Pros
Extreme amoount of valuable training opportunities
Cons
no real cons noted.
Culture is a Changin
Scrum Master/Agile Coach SPC4 (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 10, 2018
Anthem has embarked on ScaledAgile as a way a life. We are into year 1 into our Lean-Agile journey. Anthem has provided the funding, leadership and forward thinking to continue on this journey since I started a year ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss