Anthem, Inc.

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States4,834 reviews
Found 4,834 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Anthem, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Opportunity for Growth
There are many opportunities for growth. This is a very diverse company that values both the employee and customers. There are many areas to explore career wise.
Management has favorites
Management has favorite employees, criticizes you in front of the entire team, lack of management support. In the beginning things were good then management changed for the worse. Benefits and pay are good if you like criticism and don’t mind upper management plays favorites.
Quality of work life balance is lacking. new CEO from UHC has killed the culture
Unimpressed. A culture of racist discrimination and favoritism is rampant in Texas Provider Relations department. They refuse to even consider practices being unfair to many, generally those of color.
Pros and Cons
A good place to learn customer service and health care benefits. There is someone to help if you have questions. Nice cafeteria and environment. The pay could be better.
Anthem
This is a great company to work for. I was laid off due to reduction in forces. If I had not been laid off I would still be there. They treat you fairly and they are flexible. They value diversity and inclusion.
Management is a bit out of touch, but other than that no complaints.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Great company
Great company that values its employees. Provided additional sick ti.e. for COVID 19. Able to work remotely with flexibilty in hours. This is a great company
On-site cafeteria, private pods for personal calls/eating, usually friendly mgrs
I worked as a call center associate with AHG National as a associate then then promoted to CSA Consumer Service Service which put me at 40,000 a yr base pay and $8,000 in overtime. Bonuses run every 3 months anywhere from 2 to $600. I then transferred to Office Lead with IngenioRx a division of Anthem in Atlanta. Same base pay as CSA and I love the position. Hoping to move up to Administrative Assistant when a position opens and I am accepted. They hire from within most of the time except for the call center agents come from outside the company at the entry level. This company is nationwide so you can transfer all over the country as you prefer. Great Benefits but not a lot of time off: PTO runs about 6 weeks a year. I enjoy working for Anthem and I still work here.
Outsourced after 15 years of service
Frequent weekends and after hours support requirements for many roles. There is a considerable amount of departmental politics. Moves to new roles were difficult.

There was a wide range of talented people at the company. The personal relationships that I made there were the most positive aspect of the job.
Terrible leadership and work environment.
anthem is a terrible company to work for It’s hostile work environment with no HR support or leadership. Management lacks leadership skills. They do not value their associates
Run! In the opposite direction.
Work from home opportunities sound appealing in the healthcare industry. Unfortunately, Anthem doesn't have the IT support, leadership structure nor HR component to make working from home feasible. I knew more than the IT dept and had to get three computers over a six month period. My manager was clueless regarding the actual work being provided and was very unhappy whenever employees reached out with questions and concerned. Overall, avoid Anthem WAH jobs.
Pros
No commute
Cons
No guidance, equipment failures, low morale, pointless work, production environment
It was fun and Productive working with Anthem
I've enjoyed my time here at Anthem working under this organization. I've learned a great deal from my fellow teammates and have a deeper knowledge of the Anthem environment.
Not in a good area
They complain about everything! I’ve seen them walk many people out. They have no cafeteria just a kiosk. You have to worry about your car in the garage
No room for growth
I have worked in this department for a long time and there is no room for growth. Not only that, but it feels like we are not appreciated for our work.
Anthem Review
I started working since August 2007 with Amerigroup. I enjoyed working with my fellow co-workers. There is a lot of opportunities were employees can move quickly to different positions within the company with very competitive salary’s on the Healthcare industry.
Corporate Anthem is engaged in community outreach
Really enjoy Anthem's focus on community outreach for the areas they serve. Focused on culture and engaging disparate groups throughout the enterprise.
Terrible structure
As a physical therapist senior reviewer there is no training or support. You are provided with log in info, email, and computer with access to Texas Medicaid Guidelines. There is no training regarding company expectations and/or policies and are you're expected to be successful with NO direction. You are provided with multiple preceptors that all contradict one another and provide feedback remotely while making you feel like a burden for not knowing how to perform to company standards without ever being shown or directed to a resource that defines the job expectations. The company is poorly managed and may be due to recent Medicaid audit and their "corrective action plan".
Great salary and work from home
I have worked at Anthem for over 10 years and I am so thankful for this job. I did a mixture of UM and CM for about the first eight years and then switched to UM only two years ago and as of last month have done outpatient UM only. I have been able to work from home for the past eight years and it has been absolutely wonderful in terms of my job family balance. It is so nice to be able to get my kids on the bus and then walk right into my home office and not have to worry about driving in the snow or ice. During my 45 minute lunch break I am able to take a long walk outside in the fields and farm that I live on and that ability to have that break out in nature is priceless to me and I would not have that if I worked in the office as easily. I love being home when my kids get off the school bus and being able to eat dinner with everyone because I am already home. My manager has allowed me to work evening shifts as well in order to give more time for appointments and they are very flexible when it comes to taking time off to attend your children's school events. We are allowed to take two hour blocks of appointment time 1 to 2 times per month as needed which is also really really helpful. I feel that my salary is amazing and it has enabled me to support my whole family when only I was working while my husband was a stay at home dad. Overall all of my managers have been incredible and friendly and very supportive. The only downside is that in the past five years or so I have seen some nurses and departments get laid off either due to re-organization or outsourcing to the - more...
The best part of this job is leaving for the day
First of all the training is HORRIBLE!! You sit in a class for 6 weeks and do web based training. No 2 managers are ever on the same page. You can ask the same question to 5 people and get 5 answers, yet the employee is the one held accountable when wrong information is given to members. If you ask too many questions they make you feel like you are being bothersome. If you are not in the "in crowd" or brown nosing then you get no support or any chance of advancing in the company. The goals are ridiculous for the support or training you get. They want you to go above an beyond but don't supply you with resources you need and the pay is trash, benefits are even worse!! They only care about NUMBERS!! Employees are just bodies in a building. You end the day feeling unappreciated and burned out. Currently seeking other employment.
Good company to work for
Benefits are good. They have a decent vacation package, working remote, flexible work schedule and work remote. Overall good place to work. No micromanagement.
horrible
A woman had kidney cancer and was worked overtime and not allowed to take time off for treatment. That's how heartless these people are. Worst place I've ever worked.
Good comapny
Although I worked for a temp agency, anthem was a nice company. Nice hours. I enjoyed working from home my second year. Love my coworkers. Like most managed care companies they are strict about time.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Anthem, Inc..