Anthem, Inc.
62Average

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 5,009 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Anthem, Inc. selected this as a representative review
There are many opportunities for growth. This is a very diverse company that values both the employee and customers. There are many areas to explore career wise.
During covid 19 department transferred out multiple employees and lower their roles to customer service rep. The new department has calls back to back, no chat feature, and very rude customers.
They wanted someone to come in, do the job, and go home. It wasn't right for me. I was a single mom with a child with severe medical issues. My attendance wasn't great and I was out a lot. Not really Anthems fault though. But they make taking time off next to impossible and even if you request it, they will deny it for silly reasons. Seriously, if you just want to work a ton and not have a social life, Anthem is calling for you.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks, great benefits, Dental is awesome
Cons
Minimal manager support, a 'get over it' attitude, no work home life balance
Great work. Great work life balance. Room for advancement and development. You can become as successful as you want to be. Work from home. In house training.
Pros
Work from home. Benefits. Salary
Cons
Competitive
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Best call center type environment I have ever worked in. Great team environment. Most managers and leaders are caring, very helpful and encouraging.
Pros
Opportunity for growth.
Anthem is a very good company to work with. I really enjoyed working here. Team is very supportive. Managers interact very informally thru team lunch very often. Frequent high level meeting the team enables everyone to know the strategy and how to orient our efforts further
This has been a great company to work for in pay and benefits!I love it! They care about you moved us home!Excellent benefits and pay. Management is awesome.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Difficult times....challenging work. Understaffed. Lots of belittling for experiences nurses. Concern for money more than staff. Unrealistic expectations
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No work life balance here . Salary here is working all hours. Unreasonable expectations
Great compensation and work life balance. The culture is one of inclusiveness and they hold very high ethical standards. They strive to make sure employees have a clear path to advancement.
While overall the company pays well and has great benefits, the culture of the sales team misses the mark. I don't feel they have the customer's best interest in mind when selling the product.
Pros
Pay and perks
Cons
Sales Practices, Good Old Boy Culture
I love my job and feel valued and appreciated. It is a great opportunity and you get to work form home. My manager is caring, understanding and makes me feel valued.
Not somewhere I want to stay forever. I think you have to know someone to get promoted or get a raise. No raise in 3 years. Grateful for a job. Its a good place to start
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Alot
Great pay, excellent benefits. Management is supportive, flexible. I enjoy my team environment . I enjoy being able to work from home, learn new skills, and pay and benefits are great
There is a culture of replacing people once they make a.mistake or not moving at the pace that they want. I recently had a baby and there is no work/life balance. It was good to.help me move to the next level in the terms of owning my own business
Anthem is a great place to work. The work-life balance is fantastic, the management supportive, the culture is one of diversity and inclusion. The pay is not the best but far from the worst. The benefits are amazing, though, and make up for any lack of cash in hand. There is plenty of opportunity for growth with the company but you have to show you want it. You have to work hard, you have to meet your goals, and you have to actually show up and be on time.Seriously, as long as you show up on time, and you apply yourself at the job there is no reason why you would not do well. You have the opportunity to gain new skills so you can advance or even transfer to other departments. When the Pandemic hit, they were quick to mobilize us home so we could continue to work while remaining safe. They actually do care about their employees mental and physical well being as well as their job satisfaction. Of course, like any job you have to meet expectations. You have to put forth effort in order to benefit from the work. For those not afraid to apply themselves, the sky's the limits. For those who barely want to show up, it probably won't be for you.It is a call center with all that entails. That isn't a job for everyone, of course. I've seen a few who refused to apply themselves cry about favorites but you get that everywhere.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Call Center
I am just going to say they are a company that is all about numbers I had to put in my two weeks and the same day I did so I got all my access denied I was unable to fulfill my last two weeks and get my last check all because I couldn’t make 80-100 calls a day like they don’t care about you as a employee your very much so replaceable.
A typical day would include Scrum ceremonies, removing impediments of team, planning and managing releases, and meeting with other Scrum Masters for resource and work planning. Often times there is either too much or not enough work per our resources. The company has tried to embrace Agile but after a few years cut corners on training and implementing DevOps and ultimately team personnel. The company does embrace diversity at the non-management level.
Pros
Good compensation, work/life balance
Cons
Company culture is regressive. Decision-making is centralized. Little prospects for advancement
Very professional, well organized, Work Life balanced. Multicultural, Fun at work, Flexible work hours. Great benefits. Well experienced people, more opportunities to grow.
I learned a lot from this company about health insurance. It's a good place to get your foot in the door to expand later on. I was laid off due to the claims director taking on to big of a contract. If you get employed here, keep it for the experience!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Great place to make connections and room for growth. Senior Leadership can lack transparency but most middle management are very transparent, supportive of their associates. However, they are going through a reduction in force (I'm a recent victim.) in the project management teams, etc.
Pros
Remote, training available, room to grow
Cons
recent reduction in force, Senior Leadership have become focused on costs and not people of late.
This company has its ups and downs like any other Employer. Your main focus should be coming in to work, doing your jovlb, then leaving at the end of the day. Anything else is irrelevant.
Pros
It's ok to work here
Cons
Managment could be better in leadership.
  1. Employee Reviews