Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

41K
Found 3,043 reviews matching the search See all 3,090 reviews
N/a
Data Warehouse Analys (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
Great company to work for. Lots of opportunities for growth, learning and education. Its a remote position. Management works with you in addressing the needs of the position.
Not what they use to be
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2018
Very stressful workplace with minimal support from managers. Most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers who were very supportive of each other and helped each other a lot. The hardest part is doing your job with rushed training and no support from manager.
not the best
Security Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 15, 2018
this company does not support its personnel. low wages, and over promise of hours. schedule not flexible. there are better work environments out there
They are trying
Analyst (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 15, 2018
Management committed to change the systems.
They didn't consider how to change the employees (much harder).
Now the changes are non-stop; trying to make it work.
Pros
lots of opportunity for migrating to different roles
Cons
lots of vacant roles (not sure that's a good)
Complex and fast paced
Account Management Executive (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
Typical day at work consists of organizing workflow, conference calls that include preparing for renewals or new business and creating checks and balances for meetings, training and outreach
to clients.

I learned that there are champions in the workplace and they are not always who you would expect. These individuals really want you to succeed.

Management is as fare as they can be but at times are bound to decisions they cannot change.

The people are hard working and genuinely sincere about making a difference.

The hardest part of the job is finding that there are basic processes that are just missing that make it difficult on the internal and external partners.

The most enjoyable part of the job- hands down-the people-Internally and externally.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Support is lacking
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXMay 14, 2018
Customer Service is an aquired skill that takes patients and firmness on an as needed basis. It takes persistence and perseverance and fast decision making to help get it done
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay
Anthem
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 14, 2018
Anthem is very appreciative of effective and thoughtful work processes. They strive to be cost conscious in all things.
However with some departments, management as lost sight of the thin grey veil with understanding the nurse's role and license requirement to advocate when making money decisions, thus putting RNs in positions for conflict of interests. They too suffer from WaterFall management styles but at least will structure processes and work out the kinks before they ask teams to take on the tasks. Their strategies and rationales are generally clear with job aides.
Review
Business Information Consultant (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 14, 2018
The group you support matters at anthem. I am currently facing a toxic environment but otherwise the company is great to work for. I think the new CEO will bring welcome changes.
Pros
Onsite cafe and fitness center
Cons
Stress
Lots of oportunity for learning
Account Management Executive-BH/EAP, Palatine (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2018
Not enough resources, so few people are doing a lot with very little. Therefore very little work-life balance. Poor management. Luckily, most employees truly care about the work they do and those they serve.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Very little work-life balance
Very competitive place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 14, 2018
I truly enjoy working at Anthem. If it wasn't for the fact that my boss is leaving and my level is as high as it is I would not be looking to leave. I am not sure if I am ensured of a position.
typical day at work
RECONCILIATION AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 11, 2018
as a lead, was able to audit peers material. Had to maintain leadership and professionalism for my peers. worked with the government on compliance issues.
Pros
free lunches, great parking.
Cons
traffic to work
No employee advocate or support
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMay 10, 2018
Management micromanages, and there is little to no support from upper management/department directors. The position is 100% telecommute however management insisted that employees physically go into the office frequently.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 10, 2018
Not micromanaged
Allowed to find your way
much like my previous job
friendly environment
nice facilities
often allowed to make mistakes and like from them
good
Sr. Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 9, 2018
the company is a fun place to work I was there for 5yrs an had a ball. my coworkers was very good ppl to work with .The COMPANY IS A VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK .
Good
Good
Good pay, Stressful environment
Call Center Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAMay 9, 2018
Great culture, great people to work with. The only down side is if you are on the frontlines on the phones, be prepared for a fast paced environment. Lots of information to take in, and no room for error. Also once you have used your "Unexcused Absences" that they give, and have an emergency they are not likely to approve or excuse it.
Pros
Cons
Stressful, busy corporate feel
Fun workplace.
HEDIS Pursuit (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMay 9, 2018
Great place to work. The training was very detailed and helpful. I worked with a good management team and co-workers. 90% of job the was making outbound calls to healthcare facilities and hospitals in order to retrieve medical records. 5% of the job was researching, collecting necessary data, and uploading records. I learned to be patient, communicate effectively, and complete tasks in a timely matter. Hardest part of the job is leaving the company and my co-workers. Everyone worked together to make our department a success. I enjoyed my experience with the company.
Cons
breakfast and lunch need more varieties.
Great company
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2018
Anthem is a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits including FMLA and short term disability, and the pay is great. The pace fluctuates throughout the year.
The atmosphere that I work in is pretty relaxed.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Can be a challenge to advance or get hired for a different role internally
Longest tenure at a company
Enrollment & Billing Representative II (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, ILMay 9, 2018
I temped for 18 months in three different departments, including Enrollment & Billing, where I was hired full time. One of things I am most proud of is how I was viewed in helping to salvage certain accounts.
Anthem
Penetration / Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 8, 2018
Anthem is a trusted health insurance plan provider. Visit and compare our health care, dental, vision and Medicare plans today, It is the largest for-profit managed health care company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Licensed review lpn
LPN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 8, 2018
Organized case pool each morning. Work oldest cases first and then forward. Hardest part of the job is we were always under staffed. Overtime is every week since I have been there.
Pros
work from home
Cons
under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss