Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved the work culture
PROVIDER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 21, 2018
I loved the job at Anthem, I loved working with my colleagues and the providers that called in. I was not happy the way my tenure there ended but everything happens for a reason. Would still go back and work there again I liked the culture and the people
Pros
Great benefits
Good Company to Work For
Grievance and Appeals Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 20, 2018
Flexible work schedule which made it very easy for work and family life balance. Issues with my manager and my department are prompting me to leave. I love the company and the benefits, however my issues in my current position have me seeking elsewhere.
Pros
Flex schedule, benefits
Cons
Management, Lack of Communication Between Departments
training was excellent
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 20, 2018
management and supervisors were easily accessible - training was great - work place culture was good, friendly environment - hardest part of the job is since its temporary was not sure we the last day would be -
Pros
appreciation shown by hosting lunches
Good days and bad ones
Claims Representative II (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 20, 2018
With new & inadequately skilled managers and operations experts, a typical day could be more stressful than the actual daily work requirements itself.
Cubicle life
Provider Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 20, 2018
goal oriented company basing achievements on quick call flow and average call times. not very transparent on personal score sand tended to have a turnover rate of employees.
Pros
casual work attire
Cons
very strict tardiness/ attendance policy ( you will get marked if child is sick or has snow day)
Fun and good place to learn work.
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work, good advancement opportunities if you do the work. Great leadership, fantastic benefits. I enjoyed my tenure there and would recommend it. Anthem care about their employees.
Pros
Anthem provides fruits and drinks for their employees
Cons
lunch breaks, Break
Call Center- not for me
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2018
Everything revolves around the clock and set quotas. Get them on and off as quickly as possible, meet your goal. Time is money. Thats how it feels. Lunch is 30 min, get stuck on the phone with a client and go into your scheduled lunch, it counts against you and you don't get that time back, Same with the end of your shift. Go over and it hurts you. They want you to help caller but don't help too much or it affects the numbers. Your time effect the team time, pay bonuses, vacation, even your next schedule bid is based on you review. Yes, you have to rebid every 6 month for a shift. So don't do well and you'll get the worst shifts. That really hard on family life. Great pay and benefits, you can't transfer to a different job until you have been their a year. High turn around job. It wasn't for me.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fast Pace/ Low Quality
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 16, 2018
As a customer service advocate, our commitment was to handle a first call resolution to all customers so that they did not have to call back in for issues. Unfortunately, that was not allowed. When their were calls in queue, we were available to assist with no time to research customers' resolutions. It was disheartening. Also, when a member asked for a supervisor, out policy was to not allow someone else on the phone even if they were "available".

The hours were set every 6 months based on performance. Raises were minimal but the work load kept getting higher. The management and security were polite, but some things were out of their hands.

The company should focus more on this position as they are the point of contact for its members. They seemed to be more focused on the CEO gaining more millions.

Overall, I would have liked working for the company better in a different position with all the benefits available.
Great company to work for
Customer Care Representative III (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 16, 2018
I worked at Anthem for many years and I loved the work culture ,I learned GREAT DEAL about Healthcare from the company. My co workers were Multicultural and we all were one team and consider one another to be like family. To this day I am still friends with people I worked with many years ago.

The Company was great at appreciating their employees and making us feel like we could work for the company until retirement age.

I traveled an hour and some everyday to work ,until I moved further away from the job; then I had to relocate closer to home.

Never the less, I would love to work for this company and grow with it until I am able to retire because it was the best company I could have ever worked for
Great Workplace
Claims Adjudicator & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2018
Typical day at work is handling my own tasks, I received my claims training, Management was great. Workplace culture was comfortable, No hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Flex Time, Great Benefits
Benefits
Cons
Lay off's
Poor management makes stressful experience
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2018
Managers are put in position with little to no experience. Upper management has advised the poor managers to hire their friends or family. The saga continues. They spend more time playing around and goofing than working. Even though you work hard and get the job done, advancement is only offered to poor manager's friends or family. H.R. complaints don't help.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management
Work from hone is good. Demands of job are not
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHMarch 14, 2018
I do not want to bash them but the customers are rude but some how every bad survey or feedback from them is your fault. They record the calls and the management knows how rude they can be but it is still always a bad reflection on you. Not fair in this type of industry.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Expectations
It's ok...stressful
Assisting members (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
Not a place to work if you have a stressful tendency. FMLA while encouraged is quietly frowned upon. They tend to either understaff and work you like crazy, pushing numbers or overstaff and then micromanage in order to cut staff.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Health coverage could be better, considering it is a Health coverage company
I was paid fairly by the contractor company that Anthem used.
Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2018
Anthem was a tough company to work for. They monitored your productivity daily through something called "gap reports". You had to be able to explain why you spent long gaps in your day. You were evaluated on a monthly basis for quality, quantity, and days missed from work. It was a stressful environment.
Pros
After you were hired, you had the possibility of working from home.
Cons
You were constantly being monitored.
Nice place to work
Licensed Utilization Review Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2018
I love the company. Its very organized, consumer focused and consumer driven. They really take care of their employees. The pay could be better, but the benefits make up for it.
Pros
Good atsmosphere to work in, great discounts
Cons
None I can think of right now.
Busy-fast paced
Quality Auditor, II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 14, 2018
My overall time with the company was wonderful. However, as changes were happening company wide there was a lot of micro-management and duplicate, sometimes triplicate reporting processes of the same information which takes away from productivity.
day of work at the anthem
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mayville, NYMarch 14, 2018
I would begin the day by collecting the tips from the rooms I am scheduled too I would then make sure my cleaning cart was all stocked and ready to use. I would go down the list and go room to room and clean every single room that was used I would eventually take a break then start back up until all jobs were done. I would then go tell my boss I was done and clock out
Pros
meeting new people and pay checks
Cons
no tips
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 13, 2018
A typical day would include either working cases that needed CSR assistance or taking phone calls to resolve members issues with benefits and or claims. The hardest part of the job is managing the amount of work compared to call volume.
Anthem is a great company for anyone to work at.
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2018
I loved working at Anthem Inc. I feel that its a good company for you to work in, they have a great company culture there and the people really are ready to help you.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2018
If health issues hadn't arose I would still be there..lots of incentives..great cafeteria.bank in building..disaster drill preparation..gym membership
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Not able to participate in company events because on being on phones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.