Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Licensed Utilization Review Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 14, 2018
I love the company. Its very organized, consumer focused and consumer driven. They really take care of their employees. The pay could be better, but the benefits make up for it.
Pros
Good atsmosphere to work in, great discounts
Cons
None I can think of right now.
Busy-fast paced
Quality Auditor, II (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 14, 2018
My overall time with the company was wonderful. However, as changes were happening company wide there was a lot of micro-management and duplicate, sometimes triplicate reporting processes of the same information which takes away from productivity.
day of work at the anthem
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mayville, NYMarch 14, 2018
I would begin the day by collecting the tips from the rooms I am scheduled too I would then make sure my cleaning cart was all stocked and ready to use. I would go down the list and go room to room and clean every single room that was used I would eventually take a break then start back up until all jobs were done. I would then go tell my boss I was done and clock out
Pros
meeting new people and pay checks
Cons
no tips
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 13, 2018
A typical day would include either working cases that needed CSR assistance or taking phone calls to resolve members issues with benefits and or claims. The hardest part of the job is managing the amount of work compared to call volume.
Anthem is a great company for anyone to work at.
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2018
I loved working at Anthem Inc. I feel that its a good company for you to work in, they have a great company culture there and the people really are ready to help you.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 13, 2018
If health issues hadn't arose I would still be there..lots of incentives..great cafeteria.bank in building..disaster drill preparation..gym membership
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Not able to participate in company events because on being on phones.
Very negative place to work
Senior IT Systems Analyst Advisor (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMarch 13, 2018
Company is greedy and going in the wrong direction for a not for profit. Offshore workers are valued more than onshore workers. Not looking out for employees
Competitive
Director II GBD, Clinical Quality Management (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 13, 2018
Anthem is highly competitive with aggressive business goals. The new CEO of Anthem, Inc. is dynamic and knowledgeable of the health care industry and trends.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
lean staffing models
Change is the word
Business Change Manager, Sr (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 12, 2018
This org is about change - and it does monthly. If you can handle the stress of lots of moving parts then this is the company for you! You will be supported in your career development as long as you maintain an excellent attitude.
stressful work place
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 12, 2018
Anthem claims department is a stressful work environment. The numbers that they are expecting an employee to kick out can be a little ridiculous. The training was very poor which caused production to be low and the work environment to be stressful. Management felt like she had done all she could do to help and no more help has been offered. During one on one meetings I'm constantly told my numbers are low and that I will be written up and the next step would be termination.
Pros
hour lunch, own work space, free gym at the job, good benefits
Cons
poor training, production work place, termination if you do not meet quota
Great Experience
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff and managers, a good place to progress in your career, undoubtedly puts your skill set to challenge..................
Difficult to review
Care Consultant Sr (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2018
There are many changes happening at Anthem and do not feel me providing a review at this time would not be well rounded. I have not been at the company long enough
sales associate (Former Employee) –  san franciscoMarch 9, 2018
Great place fun environment competitive but also depends on location. There are sales goals they would like you to meet but that just it makes it more fun and competitive instead of boring.
fun place to work
CCR Representative III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 8, 2018
I worked here full time until I decided to go back to school full time and get my Associates degree! I had to find a job that would work with my school hours!
Workplace Culture
Business Information Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
The culture allows for employee to express themselves and find solutions to issues. Directors and VP care about their employees. Always room for growth with encouragement on pursuing educational opportunities. Work-life balance is good. I enjoy working at Anthem.
Hard to know what to do
COBRA Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 6, 2018
I was assigned with one other person to coordinate the COBRA insurances for the entire state of Michigan. The company was in the process of changing over from paper-based records for policyholders, to computer based. We started with 6700 paper-based records, and when I left we had a total of over 8000 computer-based files on policyholders.

My manager was a nice lady. But I was given no training. I was trying my utmost not to criticize this situation. It was a tough position to be in. I did my best.

Hardest part was trying to track down and confirm the address, phone number and names of all the policyholders. They each had to be individually called and confirmed, and also their immediate relatives. This is during the recession, and many people were moving, and moving often.

Best part was confirming applicants' locations and information, entering their file into the computer, and going to the next person.
Pros
Nice place to work, nice location.
Cons
Trying to track down the locations and phone numbers of policyholders.
Customer Serivice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 6, 2018
My manager elda was amazing and she was hard but I felt it was more genuine which is hard to come across. I just wish I could work more in the morning
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No free time
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2018
Good company to work for, the training was excellent and the people are very helpful.
They have a gym and a cafeteria there also and good benefits.
They also reward you if you don't smoke and if you exercise.

Work life balance
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 6, 2018
Workplace culture
Day at Work
The hardest part of the job is to come up with immediate solution. the most enjoyable part of the job was the great people in my.
claims processor 3
Claims Processor III (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
● Reviewed health claims based on medical necessity and group benefits
● Adjusted, payed or denied claims in accordance to claims policy and procedures
● Adjusted voids and reopened claims online within specified guidelines
● Responded to telephone and written inquiries from providers
● Maintained 100% production in quality and quantity
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.