Anthem, Inc.
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 5,052 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Anthem, Inc. selected this as a representative review
There are many opportunities for growth. This is a very diverse company that values both the employee and customers. There are many areas to explore career wise.
I took the job because I could help doctors’ offices, health plan representatives, and concerned members.The training was excellent for the job responsibilities. The trainers made the day go by better.
Pros
Free lunches during employee appreciation week
Cons
Metrics
I was a remote proofreader (contractor) on two different teams. The first team was proofing/editing sales materials for the 2019 Medicare Open Enrollment season, and the second was for a new team proofreading email materials.The first team was fantastic. Onboarding was a breeze and the managers made sure everything flowed smoothly. The work itself was 40 hours/week for most of the contract and then 40+ hours/week for the last month (as expected). Lots of communication among all team members. Lots of help, explanations, and encouragement.The second team, unfortunately, had no structure, little training, scant documentation, and was scattered, unpredictable, and disorganized, with inconsistent weekly hours. The manager and the team were fine; it's the work itself that was this contract's downfall. Granted, it was a new team and didn't have any processes nailed down, but I thought I could handle it. Ultimately, I decided that it just wasn't the type of proofreading for me.
Pros
Working from home, pay, flexibility
Cons
Working from home (isolation)
I enjoy working for anthem. The best part about working there is my coworkers. Managers can be supportive. The benefits are great including the health insurance rates
This job does not want to train people then point the fingers at you when you don't understand. They expect you to train yourself and learn on your own then demoralize you when production isn't made. The management is garbage and I'm being nice with that word.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
management, no training, they give you a 10 cent raise for doing work other people should be doing.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Wow...Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is this is a great place to work...Multiple chances for advancement. Great Support /Leaders and great benefits
Pros
Wah
Cons
Employee Parking
even though a union and you pay for it every $60 every other pay period. because the pay is good they will look for every excuse to terminate you and as soon as you start disagreeing with management they will built a case against you to terminate you.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor management, lack of knowledge from management about work you do
You better think again before applying to this company. When we got out of training after 3 weeks, the stuff we were trained on wasn't what we were talking calls on. We were getting claim calls, but all we knew how to do was look up basic benefits. We were told that claim information would "come naturally". Well its not coming naturally, I'm still confused as ever. The second part of training, called "OJT"(on the job training), we barely got to listen to any live calls. 5 days into OJT, it was a busy Monday, the call volume was very high, so what do they do? Yep, make all of us in OJT training get on the phones, no one to help us, nada. "Oh you can reach out to the help desk if you get stuck." They need to do something different with the training, people don't wanna be thrown under a bus and not know what to tell the customer, because we weren't trained correctly. If your a FAST learner, you may like it. But this job is not worth the stress!
Benefits
Cons
Micro Manage, training wasn't enough, managers always being replaced
I loved working for anthem! I was working there for 5 years. The only reason I left was to pursue something different in another field. Great people..great place!
Anthem is overall a good company, the only issue I have is twice I've missed a paycheck and had to wait an additional 2 weeks in order to get it because the system "messed up".
Pros
Good people, management will work with you, and great benefits
Cons
Mentally exhausting, hostile customers, and system failures
This position is strongly on Sales, and are very unrealistic especially during a time such as Covid. They do not understand that seniors are not approaching us during these times.
Anthem is a great place to work. The training is very informative and management is supportive. They pay well and offer OT during open enrollment and peak season.
Pros
M-F only, weekends off
Cons
Some shifts work until 8pm.
I am grateful for my time there. The people are lovely. And I mean that. But I need a new opportunity. Started as CSR 1 and moved up to 3 pretty quickly. Almost 3 years so they will work with you. They have one of the easiest call in policies I have ever seen.
Pros
Pay, Pto, the humans they hire, Insruance benefits.
Cons
Terrible hours, After 3 years no end to thterrible hours, forced overtime, Job expectation unclear, do more with less moto is awful.
This role didn’t have any written or documented training or processes. No room for growth and poor leadership. Plus the culture of the office was terrible.
Pros
Learned about appeals
Cons
Everything else
Anthem has an inclusive work environment. Full of diversity. Great career advancement. Work life balance is awesome. Health insurance is is great. Great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay could be more
I had some great co-workers, but there were also plenty of other employees willing to stab you in the back to get ahead. The design department was very competitive to take over projects without collaboration. Managers and product owners will ignore you A LOT.
Nope never again I would work here. Company has gone down the drain.. I didn't feel good after 5 years. The job often stressed me out and the management was shady when I resigned
Not nearly enough training to handle claims. Too much phone time and not enough time to actually learn about what you are doing. Too strict with adherence when trying to document calls.
Pros
Wfh during covid
Cons
Everything else
I have nothing good to say about this company. Nothing at all & I’m itching to get away. Management is a joke. There’s no training and the goal post constantly moves
Pros
Cons
There is no training, metrics constantly move, Management uses fear tactics
I love the culture and promotion of work/life balance at Anthem. The compensation was adequate for the job position and there are plenty of opportunities to move up or laterally if you’re looking for growth or a change. There are also tons of educational opportunities and reimbursement opportunities.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work/life balance, culture, promotion opportunities
Cons
None that I can think of
Other than the call volume which can be overwhelming at times, I really enjoyed working at Athem the culture and environment was great and management was very supportive, with a great opportunity to grow!
Pros
Clean fun environment
Cons
Call volume really high
  1. Employee Reviews