Anthem, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,440 reviews matching the search See all 4,503 reviews
Definitely not worth it
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, GANovember 18, 2019
Management sucked they were not compassionate nor did they care about our home lives. The pay was okay but the work did not match this job is extremely stressful and is not for the faint
Meet Your Quota
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 18, 2019
There is a probationary period where you have a quota to meet. If not met, you will be fired. They call it "productivity". You are allowed to go at your own pace and you are trained well. The firing process is not instant. They do offer one-on-one training if they see you are not initially meeting quota for any reason. Communication is key.
Great
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 18, 2019
Great job , pay and friendly people relaxed work environment not an hard job at all. Activities are brought to your desk when the calls are slow to keep you occupied.
Too many different jobs for reps.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2019
The training did not equip the rep for the job although the training was great and did her best. Once one the floor you find out that you are actually doing 5-6 different jobs which made me unsure about things. Also, there was no help on the floor or on the phone. Sometimes a member waited for more then a day for an answer to their question.
It sucked
Senior Programmer/Analyst/Developer/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CANovember 16, 2019
On a typical day I took abuse from those SOB's from that foreign country
I learned nothing from those rank amateurs
The Managers were ALL Foreign nationals that hated US citizens
Culture is Pro Hindu and Anti Christian
The hardest part of the job was to subordinate myself to those useless
SOB's
Most enjoyable - LA, SoCal - Nothing work related
Some good points and some not so good points
Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2019
Depending on your current job title and which division you're in, there are promotional opportunities for high performers. The overall caliber of people working there is very high - I've had three previous employers and there is no comparison.

On the down side, Anthem suffers from the same dilbert-esque environment you find in big, publicly-held companies. The relentless pressure of performing financially overshadows the ability to invest to the degree needed and the employees have paid the price in terms of benefits and job security. I've been at the company 17 years and I'm on my 15th boss. Job cuts are frequent and reorganization never ends. In some types of roles, you can get bounced from department to department, essentially learning a new job every year. Sometimes you get dropped into departments that don't necessarily want you. By the time you get acclimated to a new role, they bounce you somewhere else. It makes it hard to get real traction in your career.
Excellent employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, MNNovember 15, 2019
The managers and other employees are fun and kind. It is overall an amazing place to work. It is a very friendly environment. The pay is very fair and the raises are excellent if you perform well.
Utilization Management
Utilization Management (Current Employee) –  Norfolk VANovember 15, 2019
I love working at Anthem! This is the best job I've ever had! My manager is very nice and so is my lead! The environment is peaceful and quiet! I'm learning alot of information and I enjoy what I do!
A typical day at work
Contract Manager, Senior (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 15, 2019
A typical day at Anthem is very stressful. There is lack of ownership, accountability and sense of urgency. Departments are siloed and do not work together to resolve issues.
Hard work but good pay and benefits
Customer advocate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 15, 2019
You really have to be a phone person to succeed at this job. Just be prepared to sit for 8 hours with a headset on. The benefits are great at this company and the paid time off.
Really bad company
PHARMACY COORDINATOR WELLMAX (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL HealthsunNovember 15, 2019
Not worth your time to work there. Hr employee at healthsun are really unprofessional. Don’t have any type of curtesy for there employees. They need to be retrain .
Anthem is a great place to work, has great benefits and the ability for advancement.
The flexibility to work from home was great and increased my production, The overall culture was very corporate, but my supervisor was very supportive
Brand new site.
Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 13, 2019
The site is brand new and is still being worked on. Management is too busy to offer guidance at this time. The work culture is not the best. People tend to stay within the group they trained with and when someone from outside their group tries to include them within another group they decline. So the place feels very cliquish. It would be a great place to work for if they can get rid of the cliques.
Calm and friendly environment with plenty to do.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2019
Enjoyed working with the people there and absolutely loved the job site catering. There was always something new to learn. Liked being able to work at my own pace, and even when I worked fast there was always plenty to do.
Contractor
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 13, 2019
As a contractor, it was a pretty great job. The employees there were pleasant and the management started off nice. You start to notice the shadiness of the management when they wanted to get rid of people they do not want on their team. Other than that the work was easy, there were times when we were flooded with work but that was due to a lack of leadership.
Liked the environment
Contract w/CareNational (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 12, 2019
Worked at Anthem through an agency. It was a 14 week assignment. Worked out of my home 3 days a week. Excellent equipment and helpful management. Professional atmosphere.
life work balance is vital
IT Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 12, 2019
Unfortunately, you can find your self working lay days and early morning to get your work complete. I have to admit I worked with a great IT team and we worked together to ensure work was completed
Fast paced
Um Intake Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 12, 2019
Excellent benefits, however from the perspective of the job I performed, management is unfamiliar with how the job is done, therefore leading to an unsympathetic attitude that doesn't allow them to take into consideration intricate details that change from call to call. This allows them to create unrealistic, unattainable goals. This mis-read leads also leads to stress and low moral among employees, leaving them feeling unappreciated and doesn't identify their true capability potential.
Fun place to work growth and opportunities
Portfolio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2019
Manage $502M program budget. Monitor venod work orders and SOWs. Compiled data reports to manage budget. Quaterly/Annual forecasting. Financial analysis.
N/a
Blue Card Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 11, 2019
I am still actively employed here and have nothing negative to say. Ive been employed here 20 years so Im loving something! The best part is the ability to work from home. The worst part is virtual training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Anthem, Inc..

Powered by Comparably