Anthem Memory Care Employee Reviews

Unorganized, Lazy Abusive CNA's
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenview, ILFebruary 4, 2019
Very Unorganized
Abusive CNA's towards residents
No consequences
It was a free for all & no direction
Families complained with ALL the right they had and no one really cared to fix the problems which was LAZY CNA's
Bad Management
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 3, 2019
This is the worst place I have ever worked at. Management makes up their own rules and blame caregivers for everything. Favortism is big here. If you want a career in nursing or want to use your nursing skills here this is not the place for you!
Pros
Getting to know the residents...
Cons
Lack of staff, managers are very unprofessional . Gossip....lies..
'Nothing but kids running this place'
Hospice nurse (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJanuary 22, 2019
Above is a quote from the Activity's Director at Greenridge located in Westminster-
This place would make me cry when I would come in as a third party vendor to care for our patients. The 'Caregivers' would all huddle in the small nurse cubby, would not interact with the patients only if something was going on that they had to get involved! The affair? Yes it was going on right under our noses. No one to stop it. YUK!
Pros
The residents were warm and received a good meal hopefully
Cons
Having to reside there
Unstable operations and top heavy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2018
A small company and serves Dementia population only. Workplace culture is horrible and that is driven from the top down. They have lost many executives in their communities and at the corporate ownership level. No systems, no training and poor communication. Low wages and little benefits. They have a culture, but don't live it. Regional team is unprofessional and demanding. I would never put a loved one in an Anthem community. Line staff are given way more leverage than they should and holding them accountable for their responsibilities.
Pros
Residents
Cons
poor pay and leadership
Wellness Coordinator
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willow Brook, CONovember 23, 2018
As the wellness director, I was worked to death. After 9 months of being on call and contacted many nights through the night and early morning hours, I had enough. I literally did not have 1 day that was not interrupted by a phone call or text. For the pay of $31.50/h SALARIED. Most weeks were 50+ hours. The caregivers making $11/h were making more than I was. As a nurse of 21 years, that is insulting.
The best part of my job was the VP, the worst part, the ED and the caregivers on night shift.
I would not recommend this position unless you do not have a family and if you live to work. Then this would be a good fit. Otherwise, would recommend that you keep looking.
Pros
Working with people who have dementia and their families
Cons
low pay, absolutely no work/life balance
Everyone act like their agraid to voice their opinion to the CEO.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Caregiver & Cma (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 24, 2018
Since they hired this new management team. Everyone seems to be walking on pins and needles. Afraid to voice their real opinion. The house is being filled, slow productivity, and no more fun in the workplace. All work and everyone can't wait to leave and go home.
Horrible management.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, ColoradoSeptember 26, 2018
I feel so sorry for the residents there. Understaffed and the management consists of immature people who spend the days eating , shopping and hiding in the conference room. They hide from family members and are unavailable to take phone calls. The residents are the absolute least of their concerns.
Pros
Working with the residents and meeting family members.
Poorly Managed Company
Server (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 25, 2018
Anthem Memory Care is a very poorly managed company. Many in upper management simply just didn't want to deal with all the poor decisions being made by the company head officers. Not so long ago, the Anthem Memory Care faced a very tough time in 2017 & 2018 trying to pay back their financial obligation to LTC Properties and so to help recoup some of their losses the company in my put a great deal of pressure on upper management to make up for those losses or face the chopping block. This company sucks a big one and whoever works there are stupid and subject to fail.
Lots of drama, low wages
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 5, 2018
Way too much drama, constant gossiping. From the moment I get there to the moment I leave it is nothing but complaints. Very short staffed and I see no new hiring being done. Not willing to work with schedules. No pay difference for noc shifts. Day shifts are highly stressful. Supposed to get raises every year but from what I've seen that doesn't happen. Some employees are rude to both residents and coworkers, then wonder why they get beat up by residents. Workers dont keep up with resident hygiene. Many employees want to be lazy and will give extra work to you so they dont have to do it, while they sit and gossip.
It's ok to get started but there's definitely better jobs out there.
Benefits are available after 30 days, which is really one of the only pros, besides being there for the residents and a steady schedule. Medical insurance is not even affordable, especially if you want to add a spouse.
Great Place
ENVIRONMENTAL SER. DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 4, 2018
Anthem was a great place to work and be with good people. They had fun and liked the work that they did.I would tell everyone that it is a great place to work.
Anthem is a great Company to work for
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed every minute that I worked for Anthem. The principals are some of the finest people in the industry. I learned a tremendous amount and I was given the opportunity to build a great staff.
Terrible place to work
Business Office Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 9, 2018
I really enjoyed the residents there. However, the company but off more than they can chew. The Director did not know what she was doing, and would hide in her locked office and not answer the phone when she was needed.
Pros
The residents are wonderful
Cons
Bad Management and unhappy staff
Good Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 26, 2018
Anthem Memory Care is a good company with solid leadership operating multiple memory care communities. I have enjoyed my work and my colleagues in my time there.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Long Hours
Good company to work for
Med-Tech (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMay 14, 2018
A growing company which gives you the opportunity to grow and advance in the company. They have internal training and video training to keep you updated on current caregiving information.
Pros
Clean and organized
Cons
No sick time off paid
Engaging with patients
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  CAMay 5, 2018
Good place to start if you're fresh out of school. Get patient up and dressed for the day, assist as needed, toilet as needed and ensure patient is safe at all times. You will have a high risk fall patient and you will have a patient who is mobile. It just depends on the patient's needs.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay Raise
Horrible place to work!
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILApril 28, 2018
It is a horrible place to work. Nobody is ever held accountable for anything. Many threats on policies in the handbook, but literally no follow through. You can no call/ no show whenever. No big deal. Saves them $$$, however when you are short staffed who suffers in an environment like that? Exactly.....the residents!
Pros
None!
Cons
Short staffed, no discipline EVER!
Time given
Receptionist/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 17, 2018
Working with the caregivers and the families was the main reason I stayed for so long. I loved interacting with the residents and the families every day.
The caregivers give 100% of themselves with the residents. Even buying them supplies when the families and leadership wouldn't step up to provide them.
I learned that you need to be quite and listen and just be patient with everyone you encounter.
Benefits
Cons
no breaks, leadership is only about themselves.
Comfortable workplace
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 27, 2018
Worked here for a little over a year i loved it. Management was great! It was very home like, residents & co-workers. It was stressful at times but nothing you can't handle on a daily basis.
Not the best place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 18, 2018
It's too messy to many clicks
Not enough materials
No open door policy
Everyone wanna be the boss
Not assisted living you have some long term patients
No room for growth
You work 3 weekends off one
Management don't care about you
The nurses don't care
Pros
The residents
Cons
Not enough equipment to work with
enjoyable
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 3, 2018
I have learned a lot from this job and have been able to enhance my skills. One of the things i enjoy most is being able to communicate with others and being able to help them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthem Memory Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9