Anthony & Sylvan Pools Employee Reviews

stressful and depressed place to work
Warehouse Associate and Driver (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 18, 2019
no organization, to many cooks in a kitchen, system works until it doesn't fit one person then its changed, lack of ability to manage their subcontractors, witnessed bad actions from subcontractors no punishment cause they only care about getting the job done, raises are done yearly with no more than 25 cents unless your management or corporate, no care for employees and even less for the guys that make it run (field guys) they dont care about anything but money and even when we excel goals nothing is even said
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great company to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 25, 2018
One of the best national pool construction companies. Outstanding mid and upper management. Process and procedures in place for both sales and construction.
Pros
Work atmosphere, process oriented, embraces change while adhering to best practices
Cons
Work life balance. Mid to upper management can be stressful during season
Nice place to work
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDNovember 15, 2018
Very nice company to work for. the pay is pretty good but not great until you become a tech or supervisor. the work atmosphere is very light and upbeat.
Chlorine Gets in the Blood
Regional Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2018
The pool business is a fun business to be apart of. For a 'people-person' who enjoys sells, you get to build a relationship with your client throughout the process. As an admin for the sales department, you are responsible for carrying the job from sale to construction and keeping the client updated; this can be difficult since on the surface it looks like things are not being done; yet it is the most crucial part of the whole process- HOA approval, building permits, building audits.
Pros
Constant workload, personal work environment
Cons
busy summers
Worked in a lovely Showroom.
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Started the day responding to our clients request for information on building a new pool.

Made 40 to 50 calls per day to interested clients.

Gave pool tours to walk-in clients.

Made tile and coping selections with clients.

Participated in weekly conference calls with lead managers within the US.

Set appointments for our design consultants resulting in 15M in revenue per year.

Kept and maintained the Showroom in excellent condition.
Pros
Was not micro managed. Worked in a lovely showroom. Had wonderful clients to work with.
Cons
No cons.
Energetic
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 30, 2017
This was an upbeat summer job with a lot of potential. I learned a lot about the pool business and my boss had an amazing sense of humor and was a wonderful teacher.
Great People and Great Product
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 25, 2017
I have had the pleasure to advance through the company for more than 16 years. There are a great group of long term employees building a great, high end product.
At times it can be a stressful environment due to the seasonality of the building window in the Northeast climate.
I am glad to have had the opportunity to work with such fine people and a culture of teamwork and customer care!!
very stressful
Service Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 6, 2017
It could be fun at times, but very very stressful. As much over time work as you wanted during the peak seasons, but in the off season you were either laid off or given the option to work one day a week.
Excavating swimming pools was good experience
Foreman/Operator Excavation Crew (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAApril 16, 2017
Pool excavation is a seasonal business that relies heavily on the economy. I'm looking for something more steady and year round that requires my expertise as a heavy equipment operator.
Good work life balance
Corporate General Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 13, 2017
This place is a nice place to work. Good co workers, good work/life balance. The health benefits are not great, but they do give other little perks throughout the year.
Lots of work, little reward
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2016
This company expects more out of you than you get in return. It's not a good trade off and criticism is high without the constructive part of it. The accounting software is out of date and takes 3 times the amount of work to track costing than it should. Management is only present when they want to reprimand, but when a questions or need assistance they are hard to get a hold of. Local division doesn't agree with all corporate rules and often get conflicting orders from local management and corporate management and get stuck in the middle trying to make everyone happy.
Pros
Lively coworkers
Cons
Bad corporate management
Great Place to Work For The Right Personality
Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 3, 2016
Anthony & Sylvan Pools was one of the best companies I've worked for. I was always treated with respect from everyone who worked there. They will frequently have events to make the strenuous summer days easier deal with, such as free lunches the Friday before Labor Day and Memorial Day. The pay there is more than adequate and the showroom where I worked was beautiful. The training I was given was great, shadowing two other employees who were more than willing answer any questions I had about what my position would entail. The hardest part about working there was managing the stress that could occur during the day to day routine.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Work Culture
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Good Starter Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PANovember 29, 2015
Good place to work to get some customer service skills but I am unsure of the company's future. The benefits were so so, but they do offer some commissions.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
uncertain future
Productieve werksfeer en ontzettend gezellig
Scheduler Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
Kom je binnen en kun je alle opdrachten voorbereiden en verstrekken. Klanten bellen en de planning indelen. Lopende band en je werk is nooit af maar toch uitdagend en ontzettend leuk. Ik mis het.
Pros
Gratis luxe vakantie
Cons
Dat ik terug naar Nederland bent gegaan en mijn baan achter moest laten
Family Like Enviroment
Warranty Manager (Former Employee) –  Sloatsburg, NYJuly 9, 2015
Anthony and Sylvan had a positive work environment. There was always someone willing to help. Although it could be challenging at times dealing with customers there was always a positive outcome at the end.
Great workplace
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJune 2, 2014
Great place to work. Co-workers are outgoing and organized. Fun team to be apart of
Friendly work environment and events with co workers
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAMarch 29, 2014
While at Anthony & Sylvan I primarily dealt with accounts payable.
I was given a lot of responsibility for only being a college student. I helped the controller with the month end work in process review, checked the accuracy of vendors invoices and resolved discrepancies on my own.

Another part of my job involved analyzing the profitability of contracts for new jobs. I would report to the controller with the expected margins for new jobs to decide if the contract price was reasonable.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Seasonal business
Anthony & Sylvan Pools
Construction Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PAFebruary 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Great people, learned how to manage jobs and schedule. Learned many aspects of how to ensure the success of a job and also ensuring that customer satisfaction was high.
The GM of swimming pools
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 4, 2013
Awesome history and management training. Great team building theroy
Pros
Good management
Cons
Shrinking industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthony & Sylvan Pools. Our community is ready to answer.