Anthony Plumbing, Heating and Cooling

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Anthony Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Employee Reviews

Great work life balance,
Comfort Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 13, 2018
Started a new career! Initial training was great and this job allows you to manage your own business. The hours are amazing and everyone is very supportive.
Pros
Hours, balance, appts set for you.
Cons
Commission only, build your business.
I enjoy working here
HVAC Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, ksSeptember 10, 2018
Good teamwork environment. I really like the apprenticeship program! We get classroom time and we get to learn from experienced technicians. Chances to work a lot of hours.
Great company to work for
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lanexa ksSeptember 10, 2018
I feel the company is very considerate of it's employees and care about there employees from the top down. They are willing to help in any way they can and always open to conversation.
Pros
Plenty of oppurtunity
Cons
Starting wages for apprentice
Great place to work!
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 10, 2018
Anthony plumbing heating and cooling is a great place to work with some amazing people. I have made many new friends while working here. The schedule is also pretty good. Management is understanding when needing to miss a day because you are sick or have a family emergency. I would highly recommend people to work here.
Personally, best company I've ever worked for.
HVAC Install (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 10, 2018
What I appreciate most about this company is that from the top down, owners and employees alike are striving to provide great service and a positive environment.

They have the added benefit of a thorough, in-house apprenticeship program which works to insure each new technician enters the field knowledgeable and prepared for the job with all applicable tools provided.
You Could Do Better
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2018
All in all, you're just a number to this company. Your hours are chaotic. There is hardly any promotions. You are basically expected to be a robot. If you don't book every call, you're getting write ups. This places charges a stupid amount for a service fee and most customers hang up. They don't wanna pay the crazy amount. It's then your fault cause you didn't force the customer to book a service call. Its stupid. You seriously cannot book every call that comes in. If you wanna be treated like a robot, this would be the place, but there are way better places.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Low Pay, No Work Life Balance, Inconsistent Hours
not a friendly place
Customer Service/ Dispatching Asst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 5, 2018
The co-workers were never friendly, there was always a "click" going on. We could not be our natural selves, we had to read from a script like a robot.
Pros
Cons
listed
Great people and great culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 29, 2018
You will never hear anyone say "that's not my job" here. They thank you for working late and share in the company profits. It is fast paced in the summer, but rewarding. They are building an "Anthony University" to teach technical, sales, leadership and life skills. A lot of laughter and fun along with the hard work.
Pros
Support, full time trainer, continuing education and a positive culture.
Cons
Summer workload but money is great.
Fun Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 4, 2018
Great Company, Great People. It is a fun place to work. Peak seasons are a bear. A lot of hours. You have to wait a year for vacation which is only 1 week.
Pros
Fun Place Great People
Cons
Vacation after one year
They aren't just saying 'team'; they're meaning it.
Plumbing Apprenting (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 3, 2018
This is a group of people that actually care about one another, the job done, and the customer, not just hot air like other companies. Work safety standards are very high, trucks and equipment are well maintained, and training is thorough.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No vacay/sick time the first year
Great Company to Work For!
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 3, 2018
Anthony is a great company to work for! The culture is honest and trustworthy. There is a good 'one-team' atmosphere. Management is vested in all employees and works hard to develop a life/work balance. The bottom line matters in every company, but Anthony works hard to share the profits and to communicate the financial status of the company. The company is lead by true entrepreneurs which are always the best bosses!
Pros
Environment is great. Company strives to improve in all areas.
Cons
Offices are small - but company is working on plan for expansion.
Fast-pace, fun and upbeat.
Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 3, 2018
The culture is positive and upbeat. This is the first company that I have worked for that treats their co-workers with respect. The management shows their appreciation with different activities that also include the co-worker's families.
Pros
Training, flexible hours and work life balance
Great place. Great people.
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
Does a great job balancing happy customers and happy employees. Everyone works hard. And it is appreciated. And noticed. Makes it easy to go to work each day.
Pros
Professional fun atmosphere
Working at Anthony
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  LenexaMay 2, 2018
I have worked at Anthony since early January of 2018. The atmosphere is very encouraging, and the people are very friendly. This company is growing, and even with a small amount of people, everybody works efficiently, and as a team. The company itself has copious amounts of opportunities, and they are always looking to promote from within. Any time something would go wrong, the company will use those as training opportunities to strengthen their teams as a whole. There are some tasks which are in the job which can be tedious at times, however, they do value each and every person as a part of the team, and will coach you in your work life. They are an open door company, so anything you have to suggest to make the company environment better, they will listen. If you have a problem outside of work, they are always there to listen and to provide helpful information based upon their experience. The company is very diverse. Everybody is a piece of the puzzle, starting with customer experience, moving through our dispatching department, and to the technicians. As long as you are clear and communicating details as you should, everything runs smoothly. The company also likes to give back to their associates with catered food, and quarterly bonuses!
Pros
Great benefits, nice people, quarterly bonuses
Cons
Not as much PTO during your first year
Fast paced company with excellent opportunities for career startup
Purchasing/Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
The climate at Anthony PHC is a very friendly, inclusive one with assistance as needed from almost every source possible. For someone starting out a career in HVAC or Customer Service, this is the place to start. The opportunities offered to technicians and employees is outstanding compared to other employers I have had. They only expect the best you have and help to coach you on constantly improving that level. They ensure that their employees are compensated on multiple levels, not just financially. They are extremely accommodating for last-minute family matters and personal situations. Hardest part of the job is the constant, busy workload and trying to schedule lunch breaks. The easiest part is working with other employees to alleviate the hard parts and cooperation amongst all workers to ensure jobs/tasks are completed.
Pros
Discounts, benefits, and company-wide events, free mints.
Cons
long hours, fast-paced and constantly busy with tasks. Not for someone who likes breaks or downtime.
Best co-workers in the world
Maintenance tech, service tech, comfort advisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
I started at Anthony's directly out of technical school. I immediately started making more per week than others in my training classes. The support you receive from co-workers is unmatchable. I've seen tremendous grown over the last 5 years. Anthony's is the best company to work for.
Easily the best company I've ever worked for
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
In my opinion, Anthony PHC is an amazing company that truly cares for it's employees. They expect you to work hard to succeed and provide you with support/training at any opportunity. Management goes out of the way to assist and help manage each department's workload. It is a growing family company that really sticks to it's core values. The only complaint I would have would be the lack of vacation days within the first year, but considering the company culture it is absolutely worth it.
Pros
Great managment, flexible hours
Cons
time off
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
Nice place to work for weakly training is a plus great opportunities if your willing to work for it. The weekly and quarter bonus are always a plus.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
can say something is going to happen but takes longer then what they say
A Company for its People
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 2, 2018
This company is by far one of the best companies I have worked for so far. It is very time sensitive work and plenty to do so the time goes by really well. Anthony gives its employees the opportunity to grow, develop, and move to stronger roles that best suit your interest and/or needs. The executive and management level personnel really strive to invest in their employees and it is resonate throughout from the moment I started. It is certainly a pleasure to be apart of the Anthony family!
Pros
Caring Owners/Management Team
Good Company. Collabrotive learning culture.
AC & Heating Technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 3, 2018
Enjoyed working at this business, but there was no opportunity for advancement. I learned a lot while with this company. My first service company out of tech school.
Pros
Good Management & Culture
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anthony Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6