Anthropologie Employee Reviews

Great discount, thats about it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 16, 2018
I worked at Anthropologie for a little over a year. For what they expect you to do, the pay does not match the job.
We were totally understaffed, so they expected me to cover the dressing room, pop on the register when needed, hang clothes, clean the sale room etc..
Pros
The discount is the only pro.
Cons
Many days I was not offered a break at all, even though I was entitled to one.
productive and enjoyable
Senior Associate / Display assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgewater, NJOctober 9, 2018
I've been working with the company (Anthropologie) for about four years and every time I walk in, feels like a new experience. The overall culture feels so warm and inviting. A typical day at work consists of a great amount of involvement with customers as well as being ready to be in all parts of the store, always. The most enjoyable part of the job is personal shopping with the customers and helping them find something that looks good but also makes them feel good.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
A Collaborative and engaging work environment
Senior Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAOctober 8, 2018
My team at Anthropologie is always upbeat and working together to create a positive environment within the store. The management team has a genuine interest in the happiness and job fulfillment of its team!
Pros
Exciting Environment, related structure
Cons
Difficult to advance
Relaxed and Fun
Visual Display Intern (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 5, 2018
The Visual side of Anthropology is the best part, so much creativity! It's fun and hands on. Working on the Visual side is perfect for people that like project, and are very visual!
Anthropologie
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 27, 2018
I loved my time at Anthropologie - it was a positive work environment with a great atmosphere and wonderful leadership. I am grateful for the time I spent there.
Rarely consistent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 24, 2018
Thought I do enjoy Anthropologie products, working at the company presented a variety of challenges. Management was always changing, many of the employees that weren't managers were not included in decisions or changes, communication was not effective, and expectations were not clear. This limited the enjoyment of my experience, but the customers and company model made for a nice work place. URBN is a great company to work for, but my store in particular did not live up to that.
Excellent and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 21, 2018
Every employee including managers were extremely positive and gave great feedback. Always an employee of the week and showing appreciation to their employees. Fun and fast paced, rarely a negative interaction.
Pros
Fun, exciting, positive
Cons
Pay, very large store
Productive and fun friendly place to work in.
Back of House Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
My overall experience at anthropologie was great. I got to meet new and different people of all types. Productive and friendly work environment. Understanding management team. Got to learn new things.
Pros
Employee discount . 1 hr lunch. Understanding management team.
Cons
N/a
Hype your sences
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2018
It will help you as an artist as it hypes all of your sences( visually , smell and touch ) . Diverse co workers. Stylish,friendly&mobile skills 2have.
Pros
Young, upbeat, fashionable, homely and good employee discount.
Cons
Low hourly rates and career growth
Coworkers are great but otherwise awful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTSeptember 9, 2018
Inconsistent hours. Low pay, No room for advancement. Rude managers who don’t care if you enjoy what you’re doing. Have no say where you’re placed for the day. Expect ridiculous amount of work and never appreciative. Coworkers are great, mainly because are so bonded due to unbearable work conditions.
Pros
Discount, great associates
Cons
Everything else
Hard work, low pay
Back of House Team Member/ Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2018
They change their "system" a lot. Some stores will follow, some won't. I used to be full time regular associate and was always snubbed from a promotion. It tends to be a popularity contest. It can be quite lenient. But also unfair. I have suddenly been changed to part time as they supposedly do not allow non- managers to do full time anymore. So I am scheduled part time hours, and constantly asked to stay longer, which eventually leads to almost a full-time week....but no benefits because they only schedule me as a part timer. There is also no yearly raise. You can only look forward to a raise if you are promoted. It is a lot of work for unfair pay.
Pros
Resourceful, educational
Cons
Low pay, lots of work
Only good for part time employees
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 27, 2018
If you're a part time associate, it's not bad. You'll probably enjoy the daily tasks and getting to know your co workers. There is never enough payroll to keep you for your entire scheduled shift. If you don't mind only working part of your shifts, you'll like it. You will be expected to wear the clothing so be ready to drop some money even though the discount is good. If your managers don't like you, good luck. They can be horrible to the employees they don't like. If you work 6 hours or under, you only get a 10 minute break. Like, really? make sure you have a snack that you can eat super quickly. If you work 7 hours, you get a whole 30 minutes. Enjoy every second of it!
Cons
management, horrible hours, no vacation, holidays
Gentle and I learned so much
Assistant Manager / Asst Artist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2018
Anthropologie really helped me hone in on specialty sales. From keeping a very open dialogue with clients, the people shopping with us, trust us. They trust the Anthropologie name,as they should. We go above and beyond.
Pros
Great artistic openness
Cons
Really early mornings with pack and ship
Rude managers and no flexbility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 18, 2018
I started as a part time seasonal employee and was later asked to stay longer than seasonal. At the time, they still had on-call shifts which was super annoying. Customers were very rude and demanding. I was limited to being just a greeter, runner, and dressing room attendant. The managers were condescending and unfriendly. They were not flexible with my school hours and one of the managers told me it was illegal to work less than 20 hours a week when there were other employees who were also in school and only worked once a week??? They did not pay enough to be able to afford their stuff with the discount.
Great vibe and environment
Product Stylist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2018
The Photo Studio was a rexled environment where music always plays. Everyone i worked with became close friends and was really good at what they do. URBN inc is a learning company, its everyone's 1st time that Job.
Pros
Very Creative work place
Cons
Everyone is the same age.
Fun place to work
Hiring Manager and Home Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2018
You will enjoy the people, but the hours are not ideal.

Great co-workers that became amazing friends, very inspiring, hard to manage your work/life balance if full-time.
Inspirational place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2018
I really enjoyed my job at Anthropologie. It was a creative environment and I worked with amazing people.

Stores are not given enough payroll to maintain the level of customer care expected.
Pros
discounts, visual merchandising freedom
Cons
too many changes too quickly.
Loved it, but my position was eliminated
Visual Display Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
I worked in Display, and unfortunately, my position was eliminated. I absolutely loved working there. The management team is top notch. My supervisor was smart, warm, and innovative. I was inspired by the creative team at the home office in Philadelphia too. Anthropologie respects the arts, and totally supports creativity. Wonderful place to work. I would go back there in a second.
Pros
Creative, and discount
Cons
none!
good
Visual Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 8, 2018
good experience, learned a lot about merchandising, management. typical day starts at 6 am with managers and visual manager duties include restock and re-merching
Pros
merchandising
Cons
management
Creative and entrepreneurial
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
If you're type A you'll do well. They like to see self starters and a creative side. Not many perks except the discount on products. If you're passionate about fashion and trends then work hard and you'll grow well with the company. Too quiet and not a self starter you'll struggle. Good place to force growth.