Anthropologie Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
If you love fashion this place is for you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
We generally had 3 meetings a day. I enjoyed being able to tailor my suggestions to my customer. Being fashion forward is very important. The managers listen to you, and are amazing.
a wonderful place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 11, 2018
working at anthropologie has been such an absolute joy! Everyone who works there is incredibly knowledgeable able fashion but also are super sweet and caring about their own workers.
Fun workplace!
Senior Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD 21409July 10, 2018
A fun and creative atmosphere, little pay for what we do. Very fast-paced and can be stressful. Management is good but there can be cattiness. It is easy to make friends at work.
Good Experience
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  West Delray Beach, FLJuly 5, 2018
Overall, my time here has been a good experience. The atmosphere is positive and the people are supportive and fun to work with. I have enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons
na
I enjoyed working at Anthropologie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
I was working at Anthropologie while attending school full time in San Francisco. It’s a great environment to work in. They offer great product, great service and during my time there I definitely advanced my customer service skills for the next job position I had soon after my time there. I also got to experience working different roles at the store - styling, inventory management, restock
huge disconnect between management and employee
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IllinoisJune 20, 2018
This may only be the case for the downtown chicago location that i was at but the management was a disgrace to the company. Very rude, belittled employees often, and were not honest or approachable.
However, fellow employees were amazing, and it was a great place to make lasting relationships with those you worked with
the discount was amazing, but store policies were very odd. For example, we were supposed to take care of people shoplifting, but a lot of things did not have tags on them and we were also not allowed to do much to stop people.
Finally, you will often stay a while after your shift is over, especially when you are closing, which is no big deal unless you have a tight schedule
Pros
very fun store, a lot of exciting clothing, fun employees
Cons
poor workplace culture due to management's attitudes
I like it
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 19, 2018
I enjoy working at Anthropologie. Work environment fits the store's mood and creation. What I learn from working at Anthropologie is they helps women feel confident with their styles no matter who you are.
Some good Some bad
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 18, 2018
I have been at this company for a longer period of time than most and there have been high and low points throughout. There are some great managers and then their are some terrible managers which isn't unusual for retail. One thing that is disappointing is mangers and higher up pick favorites on who they plan on promoting. I've seen some great people who are pulled through the ringer because management refuse to be upfront and honest about not wanting to promote them.

But if your looking for a partime job this place is great all the associates are amazing and make the job fun.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
There is a lack of trainning for the new associates.
not the best work environment
MIT (Manager in Training) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 16, 2018
I had an AMAZING manager when i first started out here.
then they replaced her with a COMPLETE PSYCHOPATH.
i put in my 2 weeks notice on good terms, and she fired me on my 13th day and black listed me and everyone who was leaving the company as unrehireable. the district managers were terrible. they hid in the offices all day during their visits and never actually listened to the teams issues. a lot of work was pushed back onto the MITs' and they were held responsible if the task the store managers/department managers didn't get finished & were constantly told they'd lose their jobs over it. i actively avoid this company now.
Pros
free lunches during events. sometimes breakfast, . got to work on fun visuals, long breaks if you worked 8 hrs
Cons
literally everything else was a negative, being there past 1am closing, psycho management
okay place to work part-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDJune 14, 2018
Fun place to work part-time. Make sure you ask to get trained on the registers right away or they may just stick you in the fitting room for all of your shifts. At my store, they have different people training new associates, which of course doesn't work very well.

I worked part-time at anthro for about 2 years. I've seen many managers come in and out. It honestly depends on your store management team to determine whether the store is going to be run well and if the employees are going to be happy. My first year was the best because all of the managers were nice and approachable about everything. It was a fun work environment where we thrived and enjoyed making sales and connections with customers. Over the last year, we got new management and I can honestly say everyone is unhappy at the store. I've had to submit multiple anonymous complaints to our "HR" department which seem to have somewhat worked because the manager was talked to but doesn't seem like much has changed. Also, the HR complaint form is a website that you have to obtain from one of your managers. It isn't readily available on the website nor is it shared by your managers without asking for it first. Basically, be careful of what you say to some managers because they will talk to the store manager if they are friends. I ultimately left because of our new store manager that made my entire experience completely miserable. Hoping for future employees that the new Bethesda location that management will be better towards treating employees and in training them adequately. I also hope communication improves because
  more... when I worked there, emails would go unanswered for days without a reminder, and a phone call meant nothing because they would basically pretend to never have received it  less
Anthropologie
Senior Web Apparel Stylist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Anthropologie but it was definitely a difficult place to advance and I saw the company culture go through the normal ups and downs. The campus where it's located is beautiful and a unique place to work!
awesome workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2018
If you are in highschool or college this is the perfect balanced job! The hours are minimal and the pay is over minimum wage.
Pros: breaks are scheduled and followed! you also rotate in your shift so that you don't get bored.
Cons: there are no benefits.
productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAMay 31, 2018
was an overall good place to work. I was taught about the computer system and how to interact with customers. good selling techniques as well. good starter job.
Cons
little pay
Good place to work for a retail job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2018
I only worked at Anthropologie as a seasonal sales associate, but I overall enjoyed the atmosphere of the work environment. The managers at my location did a good job and were friendly while also keeping us on task. Dealing with the customers was the hardest part, as is with any customer service job. My one criticism would be that I wished we had been trained more on how to deal with customers before jumping in.
unfair and unfriendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2018
Anthropologie is a horrible branch to work for within Urbn Inc. Management was not compassionate towards personal needs and sudden illness, most staff was very cold and unfriendly. I felt unappreciated for the hard work I did.
Pros
The only pro is more job experience
Cons
rushed unpaid breaks, personal needs are not in mind of management
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhasset, NYMay 24, 2018
The managers are very understanding and kind. I enjoy working for Anthropologie because of the staff and the customers. This job makes going to work fun mainly because of the atmosphere.
Creative work environment but No work life balance.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2018
Typical day is 12 hours + weekends
No work life balance.
Constant changes- No consistency.
Revolving door.
Beautiful corporate offices.
Love the product.
Peers wonderful... management poor.... inconsistent hours
Customer Associate, Apparel (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTApril 29, 2018
If you want to be under appreciated than this is the place for you. They work you hard .....poor salary.... and you have to fit in to get anywhere. Been here a year and can't recommend working here at all!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
Beware of 20 something management
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYApril 27, 2018
I left after a year and a half as a department manager. Manager never liked me. I was hired by a previous manager.
Constantly told I was never measuring up. Could never do anything right. After being a manager for a decade without any of this criticism.
In the end no great loss. I enjoy where I’m working now much more.
Pros
Discount
Company in transition
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 17, 2018
While I returned to Anthropologie with a specific career path in mind, the company made some drastic changes. With these changes, the management roles shifted and the visual positions almost halved. I am all for change, I believe it's necessary in order to stay relevant, but their lack of communication has completely turned me off of the company. My position was a steady M-F 7a-4p position, but with these changes I now work mids periodically, and a handful of weekends throughout the month. There is also no visual path within the company; once you've become the Visual Merchandising Manager there is no promotion (unless you decide you want to become a store manager). There is also very little concern for a healthy work-life balance. Corporate says there is, but you're expected to do anything your manager asks of you, no matter how it affects your personal life.
Pros
discount
Cons
management, lack of communication, maturity of management