Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Graham, TXOctober 20, 2018
Always nice to be able to work at a gym. Got to meet plenty of people and sell memberships. Got plenty of training in the personal trainer area. Not much room for advancement.
Make sure your owner actually know what there doing..
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2018
The job itself is pretty self explanatory, especially if you love working in the fitness industry. The problem is the owners of the Pittsburgh locations. They have no idea what they are doing and micro manage the heck out of you. The regional manager is an idiot, and severely overweight although with the owner. Should not be allowed to run fitness facilities. There are only about the money. Club culture stinks.
Pros
Cons
higher management
Great place to work, freindlyand supportive atmosphere
Owner, Operator and Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAOctober 16, 2018
I can only speak for the two locations that I owned and from my experience dealing witht heh corporate office. I would highly recommend Anytime Fintess to anyone as a business investment or as a member. While each club is independently owned and operated, the majority of clubs that you will run across and clean, friendly and top-notch.
Interesting experience
Personal Trainer / Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2018
Interesting place to work for, although wasn't getting many hours or options due to lack of traffic for the specific location., or lack of interest from the clients to purchase personal training packages.
Review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Monument, COOctober 12, 2018
I have learned a very vast amount on what it takes to run and maintain a healthy small business franchise. A lot of hard work and dedication can go along way in this type of business. I love working a setting a great foundation for my employees. We strive to help others in the healthy lifestyle world.
Gym Owner was great
Gym Manager and Head Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 12, 2018
The Franchise itself left a lot to be desired but the individual owner was fantastic. The franchise is constantly pushing for gyms to buy more of the franchise's products and redesign their gyms to keep gym owners from ever getting out of debt with the franchise.
I am the owner so this is a biased review
Co-Owner, Operator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 12, 2018
I am the owner so this is a biased review. I feel we treat our employees fariry and that we value their contributions. We do offer full benefits to some employees and plan to expand this overtime as we grow. We do believe in work life balance but also expect our team to all give 100%.
Pros
free gym access!!!
Very motivated
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIOctober 10, 2018
Learned a huge aspect of sales. It was a fun place to work at most of the time. The upper management was on edge most of the time. Worked very long hours.
Pros
Got to make my own decisions throught the day
Cons
No benifits. Very long hours. Poor ownership
Work hard and play hard
Fitness Manager/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALOctober 8, 2018
This is your typical gym job, but with an amazing owner who is genuine and has passion for fitness and helping others succeed. This aspect alone make it worth it.
Pros
Corporate Events
Anytime fitness
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 1, 2018
Anytime Fitness is an absolutely amazing company to work with. I suggest looking into Love Work by it's owners to find out about the culture that goes on behind the name.
It was a pretty good place to work.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSSeptember 29, 2018
My duties included signing up new members, calling on delinquent accounts, keeping the facility looking presentable, answering any questions of members and prospective members.
Luck of the Draw
GYM MANAGER HIRE (Current Employee) –  MISeptember 28, 2018
It comes down to the invdivual owners and the how they see fit to run the club. The C2i have not been helpful and have not returned any of my calls once. There is a big disconnect with the staff and managment. I currently manage one of top locations North America and the the owner is “hands off” and only calls in to check in once in a blue moon. There is no incentives for top preformers. That is why the turn over rate is high at many locations. The lack of leadership and business sense is clear from people they are behind the scenes.
Corpoate wants to have these yearly rah rah meetings to live “mission” passion, purpose and play. These buzz words are just to force you to attend or get fined. It designed to motivate and network.
At the end of day it’s no different than any other franchise that give the illusion they are here to truly help you succeed. How does the # 1 Francise offer no health benefits, paid time off and no retirement? The brand has over 4000 locations however has no career track for advancement for top. performers. Even planet fitness offers more opportunities! Remember it’s the people that build your culture and brand.
However I have many friends that work in other location that absolutely love the brand and work with the owners to create a positive work environment. I’ve talked to serveral regional managers and they actually are agree it does come down to the individual owner. There seems to be no accountability many owners of these franchises, as they run their business different from the Anytime mission. Eventually go out of business
  more... or create a negative work culture. There is no doubt there is a big disconnect at the corporate level also. They seem to geared to help open more locations because that’s where the money is each time opens a club. After that they seem to be “hands off” and on your own. Lastly there are many great locations that are living the mission and are ideal locations to work at. But these are diamond in the rough and hard to find.  less
Pros
Free membership, customers
Cons
No benefits, no career advancements, poor management, high turn over
Great Part Time/Junior Trainer Position
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 27, 2018
I had a great time as a personal trainer with Anytime Fitness. The facility was brand new and the members were absolutely amazing. My owners were top notch both personally and professionally. I would have continued working at the facility if it wasn't for having to relocate, and I would have sought another position with Anytime Fitness if the compensation for personal trainers was higher. I could not have made a fair standard of living if I did not have supplemental income while I was doing this job.
Pros
Great franchise and I believe in the mission, Enjoyed being able to set my own schedule, I loved the members/my clients
Cons
The pay for Personal Trainers is exceptionally low
Great enviornment
HR Business Partner/Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 27, 2018
The environment and culture are great although the pay is a little lacking for management. But being able to help the members, is a huge perk that lets you be part of your community
Pros
Flexibility, great management, no micromanaging.
Cons
No benefits, lower pay
Fun workplace and lots of opportunities to make connections.
ASSOCIATE IN MEMBERSHIP SALES (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 25, 2018
Easy start with realistic goals set for employees.
Management very understanding and patient with time taken to get used to new schedule and workplace.
marketing and promotions
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 24, 2018
Assist in recruiting potential clients, open new gyms, manage the database, marketing, advertising, public events, parades and social events staying active in the community promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Fast paced and competitive. Beating prices for commission and helping members gain selfconfidence. Very rewarding
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Making people feel confident and comfortable in what they are investing in is very rewarding. People invest the least in themselves. It was nice to be surrounded by people who want to help themselves.
Pros
Flexible hours. Community event participation
Cons
No benefits except paid days off
Solid work
Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 19, 2018
Anytime Fitness, as a gym business, is always going to be a place to learn new skills. For me, this gym taught public relations, cleaning, customer service, friendliness, interactions, advertising, phone call answering, filing, and organization.
Pros
Free use of the gym after shift, open and calm environment, friendly atmosphere, job progression
Great relaxed culture
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MISeptember 16, 2018
Trainers worked together rather than against each other and management was very easy to work for. Able to make my own schedule and take days off when needed. No benefits though.
Anytime Fitness
Club Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARSeptember 14, 2018
Sales, answer phones, manage member financial accounts, set daily prospect appointments, ensure a safe and clean gym environment

Hours Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:30 pm (30 min lunch)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight