Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Free weight area, Asistant Machines, Cardio, Classroom and more
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 15, 2018
This gym is wonderful to work for. They really do act like a family, from employees to the members of the gym! I look forward coming to work everyday because of my members, I care for them so much. I have grown these last few months working there. The typical day at work is to maintain a clean facility, organized office, answer phone calls, respond to emails, learning camera system, dealing with upset members and joyful ones, signing people up and handling currency. Its a wonderful environment. The hardest part would be not only getting a hold of members to help with their memberships but to get a hold of my boss. Some days are a hit or miss. Biggest reward to this job is seeing the smiles on my members faces when everything is good with them.
Pros
Many ways to grow with the company
Cons
Bad Comments from people and Stressful sometimes
Poor regional management
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAAugust 9, 2018
There were many times the regional managers were absent and not paying attention to their members and the lack there of. We lost many members due to poor management. However they redeemed themselves once hiring a new manager, but by this time the gym was slowly falling apart.
Pros
some good co-workers
Cons
poor management
Productive and great place to work
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Parkland, FLAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at work involves a lot of networking with members and potential clients. I have learned marketing and sales techniques and dealing with different types of people. Customer service is something I excel in and diffusing situations before they escalate. the culture is great and relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is being around the members daily.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule
Cons
not many
A different type of career.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 8, 2018
A position which was fun and challenging but also interesting and complex. Each being independently owned positions and compensation differ from location to location.
Fitness Coach (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2018
Depending on your job and management the job can be very rewarding. I was lucky and was able to train and sell memberships. If you work hard and make calls then the career can be very lucrative, but if you don't then just like any other job you can be fired or not make much money.
Pros
Ability to make your own schedule.
Cons
Sometimes you have to be to flexible in your work schedule.
The worst management ever
Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 6, 2018
The pay is low for starters. My boss tries to cheat me out of money by saying my pay is lower than what he originally said when I started. Then he “miscounts” my hours. Also, my payment “didn’t go through” to my bank account 6 days after I was told I was to get paid. Boss flirts with every one of his employees. Very money hungry. Don’t care about the gym or it’s members. Wouldn’t work here
Pros
Amazing members that are willing to do anything for you.
Cons
Terrible management. Owner sucks. Low pay
Relaxed work environment with good management
Head/Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 6, 2018
Excellent environment to learn client/instructor relationship dynamics. Lots of potential for learning human relationships that can be applied to numerous industries.
Fun but annoying
Administrative | Dec (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 6, 2018
Great people there but poor management. He gave the existing employee more hours by taking hours off of me and the other new worker there. I started with 4-5 hours a day, as well as the other girl. We asked for more hours and he said no, and then quickly moved us down to 3 hours/day and gave the more experienced girl 6 hours a day.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No hours, poor management
Potential but had an unfortunate boss
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAAugust 2, 2018
My review is admittedly biased because of the person I was working under. As a whole the structure seems to be pretty solid with potential to be a good gig. However the manager has control over everything without answering to anyone. They can either make the job a great experience for you or basically control aspects of your life by manipulating the schedule to their liking.
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wasco, CAAugust 2, 2018
Getting people to sign up for the gym, was fun. Teaching them how to use all the gym equipment was also very fun. Any down time I had, I would use to clean equipment, floors, restrooms, and anything else that needed cleaning and make sure the place looked nice and clean. There were times when it was slow, which was not so fun, but overall, I enjoyed working there a lot.
Duty time duty fun time fun
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Frances Gardens, OHJuly 27, 2018
Am always duty time duty ND fun time fun
First my duty only duty
Am never holiday without resion
Am always happy
Am always poor people help ND he save my duty
Anytime Review
Staff Accountant/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2018
A typical day at work.
-Balance daily transaction data for 3 locations and post all credit card, check, and cash payments to QuickBooks.
-Audit all transactions and financial changes within the ABC database, tracked externally with Excel daily, monthly, and yearly.
-Post mid-month and end of month journal entries to QuickBooks to capture all transactions and revenues for our ABC (Sales Rep Transactions) and Bodyworks (Trainer Sales Transactions).
-Report monthly sales figures to all clubs monthly, tracking new sales, cancelations, and transferred members.
-Process payroll bimonthly for 3 stores 25-28 employees, responsible for issuing $25k in checks each payroll.
-Invoice corporate wellness accounts and report changes within each account monthly. Track and issue commissions for all corporate accounts to applicable sales reps.
-Purchase all office/cleaning supplies and deliver to each store bimonthly.
-Write Standard Operating Procedures for equipment maintenance, commission structures, and general office procedures
-Created a paperless workplace by building electronic forms to expedite data collection, improving accuracy and efficiency.

I learned a ton about the gym business and how to manage others based on financials.

Managment/Owners were caring and met employee needs.

Workplace culture was positive at all locations, and working remotely was very productive

The hardest part of the job was working until 8pm leaving little time to participate in activities after work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working from home.
Pros
Great compensation and very organized management
Cons
Late hours and no 401K
No Career Advancement
Gym Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 26, 2018
There is no where to move up in this franchise and no support or club investment from the upper management/owner. It's hard to grow a club when no one is advertising or updating equipment.
Flexible Hours with School Schedule
Manager-Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 12, 2018
It was a perfect job while I was taking classes, I was already the manager, so there wasn't much room for advancement, but if I could afford to live on the salary I would definitely consider staying.
pretty laid back job.
Account Manager / Fitness Consultant. (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great job, super exciting to be able to motivate people into fitness , and help them reach their goals.

I myself have a passion for fitness so having a job where you are able to help and to inspire others was just an awesome feeling.
Pros
the job keeps you on track with your goals and you get to help others in the process .
Cons
The owner
Weight loss coach.
Exercise Physiologist/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elkview, WVJuly 11, 2018
I enjoy working at Anytime Fitness. I work as a contract personal trainer as well as an exercise physiologist. I have learned how to time manage each client and provide outstanding customer service. A typical day for me is to meet with the client, go over the results of their previous exercise physiology test, and try to improve upon those numbers.
Pros
Flexible hours, free membership
Cons
Long drive to work
Great workplace
PT (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 10, 2018
I was a personal trainer at Anytime Fitness, and had I worked hard and kept clients in contracts I would have made a lot of money.

I was working about 30 hours a week, minimal clients and my paychecks were still $1000

If you fill your schedule and are a great PT I guarantee you'll be loving the pay. (Depending on what Anytime you work at)

The environment was always fun, members are very nice. I did work long hours but I didn't mind because there was so much going on in the gym. I highly recommend doing group classes, If you can get a class started you'll make a lot of money hosting them.

Anytime did not offer any benefits which made it hard to look at as a long term career. had it, I would have stayed.

Pay was always negotiable. We did not have a personal training manager which made me have a lot of freedom and i LOVED that. if you do have a PT manager, make sure you get along with them well, and have fun together!
Pros
fun environment, fun staff, exciting gym, great members, great pay
Cons
no benefits, long hours.
no experience (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
I am hard worker and I am serious in working and I will be happy if I am been employed in the company and I will work and the boss will like me more and as I continue to work I will be a respectful to all kind of people and am not there to play and I will make the company be enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
free breaks
Excellent way to impact people
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHJuly 4, 2018
Working here gave me personal training knowledge and allowed me to help people better themselves in a healthy and effective way. The training, however, had to be on their terms not our own.
Good for non experienced personal trainers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 3, 2018
it was easy and enjoying. Met a lot of great people. getting your client list up is difficult in the beginning if you dont have a manager to send clients to you or if you don't go out on the floor. I got to make my own schedule to my desire. which was fantastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight