Anytime Fitness

Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

United States1,266 reviews

Found 1,266 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,668 reviews

Manager Review

As a manager at the gym, my day typically consisted of making sure the gym was running smoothly, making calls to potential members to help get them memberships, helping members with equipment or exercises, and signing up people for memberships.

Pros

Good pay, free use of the gym

Cons

Short breaks, only able to take one lunch break

Very well organized and our facilities are great. Plenty of opportunity to get better. The investment of pay in human resources is far too low

I spend 70% of my day servicing clients or teaching a group class. I have good time during most of my day to usually additionally get my administrative and sales work completed. There is not enough investment in the staff from a financial standpoint.

Anytime Fitness insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work if you have great team members

Great place to work if you have team members who are loyal but owners suck, pay suck (no growth), no benefits, and just doesn't feel like a legit job.

An okay place to work

I worked at an independently owned Anytime Fitness location, in which the owners had many branches. The managers and coworkers were great, laid back but very knowledgeable. The clients and coaching experience was phenomenal. Loved the training sessions and definitely looked forward to it everyday. However, that's pretty much where the good stops. It was all about sales. Sure us trainers loved the coaching, but the higher ups were all about sales, sales, sales. Bi-weekly sales meetings, sales quotas we had to hit, and even external/door-to-door sales. Yes, we had to go out and solicit to nearby stores and such and try to sell gym memberships/coaching sessions. I got a degree in sports and exercise studies, and many certifications. I was under the impression I signed up to be a trainer, that's what I love to do. However, even so, I was not allowed to create my own fitness plans. They're were all pre-made. This job felt more like a high pressure sales job, with a few training sessions here and there. Would recommend if you are interested and/or good in sales as well as training, just felt too sales focused for me personally.

Friendly and energetic staff

Staff and instructors were friendly and knowledable. Owners threw a Christmas party at a nice hotel, paid for all amazing food which included open bar

Great Job

Love everything about working for anytime fitness. Pay could be scaled but also commission based to make up any gaps. Upper management is very helpful and understanding.

Not what the job title entails

Job title reads club manager, but should really read, janitor. They expect an old building with run down equipment and flooring to be pristinely maintained every single day. They take forever to get anything fixed and the walls have been leaking inside the building during storms for years. The bosses will micromanage everything you do and expect way more from you than they are willing to pay. Would strongly suggest looking somewhere else.

Pros

Can't think of any honestly.

Cons

Micromanagement, high expectations, low pay, unpaid lunch, ect.

Great place to start your training career

Fun job that pays okay. Can get burnt out very quickly training and making sells all day every day. Good experience working with a variety of people and management that feels like family.

Pros

Experience training a variety of people

Cons

No benefits, burn out, packed schedule

Productive fun workplace

Fun but not paid enough for sure. Advancement opportunities are simply not there and they keep milking you to produce sales with a commission rate that is so low if it were orated in public people might collapse.

Bad job

Very flexible on schedule and work life balance is top tier but you get paid little to nothing and the owners are greedy you don’t get paid hourly even tho the gym makes more than enough to do so

Bad just bad..

Bad... just bad. They only care about money and sales. Terrible standards. Poor pay and just awful in general. They're a bad chain gym. Don't expect much.

Cons

Depends on who owns the gym

Most employees are great but a lot really depends on who owns the specific gym. Some owners are awesome, some not so rockstar-ish. I wouldn't say it's a great option if you have little kids, or don't enjoy cleaning.

Pros

Free gym membership

Fun Work Place

A fun place to work most of the time. The clients and staff were friendly most of the time. Unfortunately, some staff were judgemental towards a few others and compensation was not what I would call on par. Overall it is a good place to work and you can gain useful information on the fitness industry.

Fun until is was not

At first everything was going great. When Covid happened the management team cut me loose to save money. I can not work with owners that only care about the money and not the members or employees

Pros

Overall, I put my heart into the job.

Cons

I put too much of my heart into the job

Varies depending on the club you're at

Overall was not a bad position as a club manager, however at the location I was stationed at there was very limited prospects to get into the club. Could only clean so much to stay busy, otherwise found myself burning daylight. Pay is decent but nothing unheard of. Co workers were great, but don't see it as an actual career.

Fairly flexible and friendly working environment.

Good- the daily working environment was positive. I mostly interacted with the members as my manager and the owner were not on site most of the time.Bad- job culture and management was not very professional. I did not feel like my best interests were in mind.

Productive and fun place to work.

helping people achieve fitness goals is very rewarding and you got to do that each and every day. the work was challenging to keep up with the competition in the area.

Ownership Turnover ruined this company

Downers Grove, IL location was successful in terms of caring for their members and equipment. Since the new ownership AND leadership, things have went down hill. No help during the day to maintain safety codes, no cleaning staff during the day, no time is taken out to care for members. The compensation isn't worth the price to fill an application out for them. You're better off looking elsewhere to get your foot in the door.

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling

Cons

Compensation, work balance, management, the list goes on.

Takes time

Takes time to build clients but when you do it’s a lot of fun. It’s different at each location so before applying check out the location and the vibe of the gym.

No life

Prepare to have no life for barely any pay. They say you are salary but do not actually pay you accordingly. Expect to be there six days a week. Mainly a janitorial position.

Rewarding job with great co-workers and culture

Enjoyed my time at this location. Responsive and caring owner made the day to day duties enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was dealing with members not caring about picking up after themselves or keeping their club clean and in good shape. Watching members make real change in their health was the most rewarding part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Anytime Fitness.
Powered byComparably