Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible Hours with School Schedule
Manager-Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 12, 2018
It was a perfect job while I was taking classes, I was already the manager, so there wasn't much room for advancement, but if I could afford to live on the salary I would definitely consider staying.
pretty laid back job.
Account Manager / Fitness Consultant. (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 12, 2018
Great job, super exciting to be able to motivate people into fitness , and help them reach their goals.

I myself have a passion for fitness so having a job where you are able to help and to inspire others was just an awesome feeling.
Pros
the job keeps you on track with your goals and you get to help others in the process .
Cons
The owner
Weight loss coach.
Exercise Physiologist/Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elkview, WVJuly 11, 2018
I enjoy working at Anytime Fitness. I work as a contract personal trainer as well as an exercise physiologist. I have learned how to time manage each client and provide outstanding customer service. A typical day for me is to meet with the client, go over the results of their previous exercise physiology test, and try to improve upon those numbers.
Pros
Flexible hours, free membership
Cons
Long drive to work
Great workplace
PT (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 10, 2018
I was a personal trainer at Anytime Fitness, and had I worked hard and kept clients in contracts I would have made a lot of money.

I was working about 30 hours a week, minimal clients and my paychecks were still $1000

If you fill your schedule and are a great PT I guarantee you'll be loving the pay. (Depending on what Anytime you work at)

The environment was always fun, members are very nice. I did work long hours but I didn't mind because there was so much going on in the gym. I highly recommend doing group classes, If you can get a class started you'll make a lot of money hosting them.

Anytime did not offer any benefits which made it hard to look at as a long term career. had it, I would have stayed.

Pay was always negotiable. We did not have a personal training manager which made me have a lot of freedom and i LOVED that. if you do have a PT manager, make sure you get along with them well, and have fun together!
Pros
fun environment, fun staff, exciting gym, great members, great pay
Cons
no benefits, long hours.
no experience (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
I am hard worker and I am serious in working and I will be happy if I am been employed in the company and I will work and the boss will like me more and as I continue to work I will be a respectful to all kind of people and am not there to play and I will make the company be enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free lucnhes
Cons
free breaks
Excellent way to impact people
PERSONAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Harrison, OHJuly 4, 2018
Working here gave me personal training knowledge and allowed me to help people better themselves in a healthy and effective way. The training, however, had to be on their terms not our own.
Good for non experienced personal trainers
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 3, 2018
it was easy and enjoying. Met a lot of great people. getting your client list up is difficult in the beginning if you dont have a manager to send clients to you or if you don't go out on the floor. I got to make my own schedule to my desire. which was fantastic.
Great gym but poor ownership
GYM MANAGER/FITNESS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Central, LAJuly 3, 2018
A typical day for me was arriving at !0am. I would always empty all the trash cans, say good morning to members already there. Next, I would log in the office, check voicemails, return calls and emails, then proceed to clean the gym. At 1pm I would leave for lunch and return at 2pm. Handle any member issues or concerns, do sign-ups and consultations, engage with members, assist around the gym, input paperwork into the system, file, track money/report, file the report, and lock up at 7pm. For the most part the members were kind and the job suited me perfectly.
Pros
able to workout during down-time
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation, no raises, no bonus
Owners Sucked
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2018
The gym owners only cared about money and not the members. They should not have been in the health and fitness industry. Members will pay for a caring gym, not a gym that only sees them as dollar signs. Could be a great gym if ran by the right people.
Terrible management and misrepresentation of job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
Was hired full time months ago. Was never given Full time hours despite being forced to give up other pt jobs. Manager cares more about his personal life than advancing gym. He is inexperienced and inappropriate. Was lied to about hours worked and salary made. This place won’t be open long. All original staff left not one remaining because of the misrepresentation of job and lack of appropriate manamgent.
Cons
Poor management, low salary, low work hours
fun place to workout and work
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 20, 2018
if it were not for phone apps i woudl still be there. managment was more a friend, very respectful people. Loved the members and working at my own pace
Upper management issues.
Sales (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJune 18, 2018
Owner lacked knowledge on proper business etiquette. Too many hands in the mix...
No benefits even for contracted and full time employees. Overworked and under paid employees.
Pros
Clients - they made the job!
Cons
Everything else. Upper management, stressful work environment, long hours for little pay.
Great Place to Learn
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 17, 2018
Your experience truly does depend on who owns the facility. I had very proactive leadership from management. I know it's not the same everywhere. My experience was great. I worked in the Northern IL area for the last 7 years and the owners really cared about the staff and making us successful. If you are planning on finding a job with this company, ask the interviewer how many locations they have, if they have plans for growing, and how much guidance you will be getting from them. If you are a brand new trainer and your boss expects you to know exactly what you are doing with just a certification, then that is not the company for you. You want show that you have good knowledge from your certification, but that you also want to be guided.
Pros
Potential for moving up
Cons
As with any PT job, there are fast and slow seasons
Great Franchise with many opprotunities to build your own fitness programs and grow your business
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, PAJune 13, 2018
Anytime Fitness is a great business where employees have the flexibility to grow their business. The franchise culture is great and I love the fact that many owners can work together to better their businesses instead of competing against one another.
Fun, energetic, positive atmosphere
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 12, 2018
Loved working here, everyone is happy and has a positive attitude. Reason I was looking into leaving is lack of advancement. I have learned so much here and am ready for new challenges. Loved the staff and members, would recommend for anyone interested in the health field.
great laid back job
Gym Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 6, 2018
super laid back. a lot of cleaning but nothing crazy. have to really care about gym members. office duties are not difficult. low stress job. not much room for growth unless you become a personal trainer.
Ability to help individuals lead healthier lifestyles
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 6, 2018
Anytime Fitness is a great job choice for anyone that loves being in the gym environment and helping people reach their health goals. The membership population is much smaller that most gyms so you are able to build strong relationships with the members.
Fun work environment!
Receptionist, Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 5, 2018
Working for Anytime Fitness was great. I met many of the members and spoke with them about their goals. You can build some great client/associate relationships there. Being in the fitness industry inspired me to be active myself in which I came out of the job a much healthier person! Unfortunately I had to relocate, so I am no longer with the company. But I have nothing but good things to say!
Healthy Environment-
Membership Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MIJune 5, 2018
Honestly,
I absolutely loved everything about working for Anytime Fitness. It is a great place to start at with sales and to learn great communication/personality skills, in that aspect but it truly depends on the franchise that you work under. The one I worked for was great and commission was a plus, especially if you're great at what you do. But unfortunately, some AF's don't offer health care and/or NO benefits at all.. This doesn't make an employee want to stay for long-term, which results in high turn over.. Overall it was a great learning experience.
Pros
Commission & Hourly Pay, Lots of freedom for creativity, Office space
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, No Paid Time Off or Holiday pay
Amazing job
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
Amazing job to get my foot into the door for training. Loved my life for awhile. The management was great, and a nice relaxed job life. Management changed some systems lowering pay and adding much more stress.
Pros
Make your own schedule, helping people
Cons
Lots of stress, numbers driven, competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight