Anytime Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 813 reviews matching the search See all 1,034 reviews
Great place to work as a self starter
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR, CPT (Current Employee) –  South Pasadena, FLJanuary 21, 2019
Culture is awesome with both employees and members. You have to be a self-starter though. You are 100% commission and in charge of your own book of business
Pros
Tools and guidelines for the companies directives
Cons
No clear incentives for sales to provide you leads for new members
Great gym to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  King George, VAJanuary 16, 2019
I have enjoyed working for this company and the owner is great. He is open minded and always listens to suggestions. I had the opportunity to manage the gym and tend to the daily tasks as if it were my gym.
Great Place for employment culture
Fitness Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 14, 2019
Employment culture is wonderful do be around and the energy is overflowing with addicting energy and very high tempo. great people, great bosses.love it
Great people and great environment
Personal Fitness Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 11, 2019
This company was very accommodating to work for with scheduling classes and training sessions. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rates were set by myself and supervisor.
Relaxed good atmosphere
GYM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2019
It really depends on who owns the location but it is a good job. Can be really boring when it’s slow and sometimes you want to pull you hair out dealing with members. But for the most of the time it’s a good job.
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
Lots of down time
Too small
Personal Trainer/Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 7, 2019
As a Personal trainer most are paid by the client hour. No clients, no money. There just wasn't enough members interested in training and not enough new members coming in to support gaining new clients. Actually the clientele dropped by almost 30% by the time I left.
Pros
casual atmosphere, freedom in work, flexible schedule
Cons
not enough business
Personal trainer and fitness instructor
Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 4, 2019
Pros: relaxed environment

Cons: for personal training it’s 60/40 payout 60% goes to the gym and you might take home 40% assuming the FOB system is functional... No benefits included. Pay your own liability insurance, pay your own cost of all continuing education to maintain cert., pay your own cost of apparel updates from wear and tear... good luck breaking even if you’re trying to be financially independent.
Assistant Manager of Morgan City & Bayou Vista (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJanuary 2, 2019
Clean job environment with excellent pay and chances to grow. Each gym is unique depending on owners but my experience has been nothing but positive and full of support.
Productive and a good environment.
H2I (Former Employee) –  Saint Martinville, LAJanuary 1, 2019
Overall it was a good job . Very active , a lot of cleaning and working with customers . A lot of handling payments , dealing with insurance , etc ...
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Over worked, under paid
Great company
Personal Training Manager/Coach (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALDecember 30, 2018
Wonderful company to work for, with excellent continuing education opportunities. Wonderful club culture and values. Top.of the line equipment and training.
Pros
The people I worked with.
Cons
The required working hours outside normal business hours and outside the club.
its a good comapny
Typesetter (Current Employee) –  comillaDecember 28, 2018
its a good job.... i want to work here..and this site is also good ....all is honest...please someone learn me how i will work this site.. please..please ...its a good company
Pros
all is good
Cons
all is good
Fun workplace
Pilates Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2018
A typical day at work consists of me going into the Pilates room and setting up about 20 minutes before my students get there. Once they arrive, I start my 60 minute class which consist of 55 minutes of cardio and 5 minutes of cool/stretch. Once the class is finished, I clean up my area and head over to my other job. I've learned to be structural with my time. The management is very nice and flexible. There really is no hard part about this job other than I would like to teach more often. I really enjoy this job because I am passionate about fitness and I love interacting with my students and helping make a difference in their lives.
Pros
Making my own schedule
Cons
N/a
No opportunity for advancement
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 14, 2018
Franchises vary widely in opportunity for growth, compensation and member pricing. The business model is stuck in no mans land. They are too expensive for access memberships and programming and amenities don't compete with full service clubs.
Club Culture
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 14, 2018
As much passion as a franchise owner may have for fitness and personal training it does not qualify them as a good owner/manager. I loved my job and the members, but the work situation was so toxic I could not take it any more.
Sadly this franchise was located on the wrong road, on the wrong side of town.
HEAD PERSONAL TRAINING (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, TNDecember 12, 2018
The owner/manager did his best but had no business or fitness background. Our location was the biggest impediment to success and he was unwilling to relocate even that that option was available and doable.
Pros
Good environment and equipment
Cons
See above.
Exciting and never a dull moment
Co-Owner (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2018
Anytime Fitness has so much to offer. Dedicated to their guests, the company is just as dedicated to the owners and workers which ultimately helps the overall feel and friendliness of the company. This is a great place to work and meet new individuals through all walks of life!
Pros
Great Equipment and Staff
Fun Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Krum, TXDecember 6, 2018
The environment is just what you need in a job! I got to personally meet my members which was something i loved. They gave me tools to help improve my knowledge in the fitness industry.
Great job caring boss
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIDecember 3, 2018
Was great. Place to work till they took commission off of sales. My boss slash owner was a great guy. Super caring and family man. Left on good terms
Pros
Caring owner
Cons
Weird people in the area I managed
Place is great but they treat their employees very bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INDecember 3, 2018
I wrapped up my membership after I heard what they do to their trainers. They dont give their trainers the leverage to work freely, it seems. Some great personal trainers left and some were let go! I am into corporate management, and I can see there is no proper communication and clear goals and that is visible with the body language of the owner/ managers- who are arrogant and shout at their team members. Shows low self image on their part. When they dont show the right way to do things and you ask them they think its crossing the boundary!
Pros
newer and big facility
Cons
high staff turnover
Awesome place to work!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 30, 2018
Place of business that cares about their employees, members, and the environment of health. Typical day at work is to open the doors, greet members, handled day to day issues.
Pros
Always open to opportunity, but if the opportunity do not work out. This employer is not afraid to try something new.
Cons
Closed their doors too soon!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anytime Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight