Aon Employee Reviews

Great place to start career
Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 17, 2018
Good place to start career, if your willing to work hard you can make good career advancements. If you want to advance financially, need to do through role changes as raises are minimal.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, working remote option
Cons
Managment
Great knowledge gained
Customer Service Client Team Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 16, 2018
The time I spent at this company was very rewarding for the rich business process guidelines that I acquired over the period of time that I was employed.
Grows skills
Benefits Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 16, 2018
The Retiree Exchange does a great job of providing growth opportunities, but there are limited places to go. They are continually trying to "engage" everyone, but it is ineffective because they do not really really listen. They keep changing for the worse.
Pros
Opportunities to grow skills
Cons
Very poor change management
Great place
Business Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Very organized. Flexible schedule. Able to work both in the office and remotely. Great work culture and environment. Management is amazing and understanding.
No Comments
Experienced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 4, 2018
A lot of work and very demanding environemnt which helps learn quickly. Sometimes they provide training. Allow to work from home so it helps to balance life and work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
salary
I worked remotely
OCIP Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed my position and the job responsibilites. The most enjoyable part of my job was being to solve problems. Co-workers were helpful and had good work ethics.
Fun place to work
Benefits specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 27, 2018
Aon in Winston Salem, NC provides an opportunity to prospective employees to expand their knowledge of employee benefits offered through the workplace. I really enjoyed my time there and they also are very good at giving company wide recognition to employees that reach career milestone or reach team specific task
Pros
Work/life balance
AON Promotes Growth
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 26, 2018
Working with AON has been a great experience. In previous jobs, I was nothing more than a statistic or a number. Here I feel valued and important. The managers are supportive of your goals and they are not threatened by your need to progress. I have yet to run into a supervisor / manager that refuses to help me move forward in achieving personal goals I have for moving ahead. There are plenty of incentive driven challenges between teams. We participate in every holiday event. We love activities that build morale. We are more of a supportive family than just employees.
Good Stepping stone
STD/FMLA Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
I worked with a great team. I learned a lot and was able to manage my days to get ahead.
Hardest part of the job, is not being able to grow if you were not good with management.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
I would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 23, 2018
This is not your ideal place to work. This is a place where you work to gain working experience so you can move on to a different company with better benefits.
A good company with fine people and good pay & benefits
Sr. Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2018
Aon has a very professional, knowledgeable, & accomplished workforce. The work is usually challenging without being burdensome & the work/life balance is usually about right.

Most colleagues are easy to work with and projects are usually completed in a collaborative manner between the various team members.
Pros
An enjoyable place to work
Retirement
Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed talking to EE's getting them prepared for retirement and choices they have when retired

Processing distributions from 401K
enrolling EE's or retirees in their benefits and comparing plans
I am not doing this
Client Services Director (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJune 20, 2018
I am not comfortable typing a review of Aon. I am not a fan of Indeed’s policy to ask for this information. The ratings should be enough for your needs of assessment.
It was a fast paced, self motivating place to work. It offered a good salary and beenfit package
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
I worked in the Human Resources Outsourcing division of Aon. I originally hired at Hewitt Associates, who was acquisitioned by Aon a few years later. I was responsible for the administration of death related pension benefits. The process was mostly manual, time sensitive, high volume, and often complex (depending on which of the pension/retirement plans I administered).
Great company to work for
Executive Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Aon is a great company to work for. They really take care of their employees. It is a stable and well established company that strives to serve their clients with the best services.
Pros
Good benefits, stability
Workplace Culture
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 19, 2018
The Culture of the work environment was inconsistent. A great job but the balance of a work environment wasn't consistent to what orientation explained.
Weak Management
ISS Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Home BasedJune 18, 2018
Management not very supportive of remote workers.
Felt very disconnected and lacking true leadership.
Favorites were treated differently - better than others.
Strict & bad work envyroment, fair pay, lack of consideration for their employees.
CSR Ongoing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 15, 2018
In Aon Hewitt your role is to assist in a call center which there you need to provide flawless customer service, orientation and guidance through their web pages, managment of health benefits, life insurance, 401k, annual enrollment of benefits, securing calls during each transaction with the employees.update clients employees files, fixing errors in accounts, data entry and many more things.

They constantly give strict evaluations in your day to day calls for example: what to say, what tools did you use, what voice tone you use during the calls, no pauses no brakes during the transacions etc.

Bad work envyroment constant test as I mentioned before, bad managers, constant threat of getting fired, too much stress during your shift. Employees getting fired constantly and hiring other employees so they don't provide benefits. They commit injustices to employees clients due to lack of care, Lack of consideration for their employees. Very small break room for the ammount of employees (more than 100 employees). You can't take your assigned lunch brake if you are assisting calls which ment more than 5 hours without a brake.

In other words I do not recomend this for a stable job only if you are in desperate need of money.
Pros
Refrigerator & microwave in break room
Cons
Too many mentioned in the review.
Pretty good company
Contract to Permanent Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 15, 2018
overall good company - leadership had some gaps but towards the end it good much better. client facing environment - good learning opportunities and room for growth.
Administrative Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2018
It varies widely. Some are such micromanagers and that behavior is rewarded. Others understand what it takes to get people's best work. They also pay at the very low end of market value with benefits that don't offset pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight