Aon Employee Reviews

Found 1,986 reviews matching the search See all 3,186 reviews
no relevant
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 21, 2018
i just stated earlier that due to my not working there for more than 7 years that the impressions I had are probably no longer valid. therefore any review I may have could be very misleading.
Great company, terrible management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 15, 2018
Aon is a great company to work for, however it is let down with the poor management. There are too many people in roles in which they dont have the right experience, this results in poor managment of staff and business units that dont have a clue what they doing, they need to actually start advertising roles externally instead of too much internal recruitment.
N/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 14, 2018
When i worked at Aon it was a very busy office environment.
I enjoyed my job and would have stayed but the department was
dissolved. I would recommend this employer.
seasonal
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLOctober 13, 2018
Short very relaxed atmosphere. Great location. All kind of people and services. Three to four months work per year. Seasonal. Talked to a lot of people working at different jobs.
Pros
seasonal
Cons
not long enough.
Good place to gain experience.
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
Fast paced and very protocol oriented. The management approach was sort of micro management but it kept you on your toes. There was a daily protocol and work production to be met on a daily basis. Good place to really gain some fast paced insurance experience.
Pros
Engaged, collaborative.
Cons
Micro management, little room for mistakes.
It was okay
Executive/Graphics Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2018
It allowed me to do different things during the day that I enjoyed. I learned a lot and it helped to utilize my graphic skills. I was also able to create documentations for RFP. It was a great success when we won a client and I had a hand in that with the document I produced.
Good Employer Overall
Finance Accounting Analysis (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 10, 2018
Compensation is good now, however it has taken me 13 years to make a decent salary. Health Insurance is too expensive with very high deductibles. Salary increases are barely 1.5% a year. My enjoyable part of my job is my colleagues that I have made great lifetime friendships with.
Pros
We could wear jeans on Monday and Friday.
Cons
Healthcare Is too expensive, no longer get bonuses
Stressful
Defined Contributions Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 9, 2018
The company was bought and sold twice in 10 years. Each sale resulted in layoffs and cutbacks in benefits, yet the work responsibilities and expectations were increased, without raises. Too many politics!
Pros
It was a job
fun place to work while it was temp
Retirement Pension Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 9, 2018
The job was fun but the security and the pay wasn't enough to keep me. I needed a full time job with benefits and getting called back each year after being let go wasn't what my family needed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough pay
good company
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 3, 2018
When I worked here it was actually Hewitt Associates. I remember it was a good company, then it went public and they started outsourcing a lot of jobs to India. When I worked there we got free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Positive work environment and good managers. Lots of training provided. Overall, great company.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits
Cons
they went public
Great Company to work for
Senior Financial Project Management Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILOctober 3, 2018
I worked for Aon as a Finacial Project Manager. I enjoyed my time supporting our businesses, colleagues and clients.

Work culture was intense and not what I was used to.
Productive workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2018
Very busy workplace with well qualified individuals heading the departments and accounts. Success driven environment with proven results in helping their clients
productive and fun
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work.
Aon gives you devise opportunities, diverse jobs to be trained in
learned different jobs at different jobs
enrolled employess from AT&T in retirement plans
Pros
free lunches at times
Cons
healthcare
Good Collaborative Environment
AProject Team Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 1, 2018
Working at AON Hewitt afforded me the opportunity to work with various teams of the company for project implementations and project delivery. I also worked closely with internal and external senior managers to create requirements that drove the scope of projects.
Pros
Good team environment, competitive pay
Cons
Slow career growth
Human Resource/ Payroll/Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 29, 2018
This was my first call center job and a great one to guide me in the Corporate world. I would refer anyone to apply as they have many options for growth!
Great culture and challenging workplace.
Benefits Delivery Specialist, HR Outsourcing (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Aon Hewitt has a very diverse environment. They value workplace culture and offer very good benefits to their employees. I would highly recommend this company to others.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks and stressful at times
Rude Management team and
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 26, 2018
This place is full of snobby people and rude CEO
there are many nepotism in the management. You have to be part of their exclusive group, if you are not part of the group you are automatically an outsider so forget about career advancement. Management like to delegate work and get paid for doing nothing, Sometimes they show up at 10 or 11 AM and leave office at 3 PM or earlier to play golf or some personal thing.
Loved Pat Ryan.
AGRC, Actuarial Services - Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2018
When Pat Ryan stepped down the company lost is Family values. If I had the Opportunity to work back at AON I don't think I would take the job unless I was desperate
Work life balance wasn't the best
HR BPO Delivery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 23, 2018
The department that I was in was very stressful. If I had an opportunity to work in another department I would return. The work life balance was lacking and the management isn't the best.
You are a Number
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Most people come to Aon through acquisition. They lose a lot through becoming Aon employees. I never heard of an employee gaining benefits by becoming part of the Aon group of companies. It is the lowest common denominator in our sectors. On top of that, turnover for new-hires at Aon that come from the outside directly in is astronomical. It is just not a good place to work. Those of us that were bought out from other companies in an acquisition typically don't stay long after the mergers. Our entire corporate culture was destroyed.
Pros
It's a job, in an office.
Cons
It's Aon...really not a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

85%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss