Apache Corporation Employee Reviews

Awesome
Apache corporation (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXAugust 24, 2019
It was a fast paced environment.working on the completions and production side I met a lot of experienced people and gained as much knowledge as I could. Great work environment
Pros
Pay, location, and people
Cons
The best place to work when getting close to retirement.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2019
The best place to work when you're getting close to retirement.
My time at Apache.
Relief Pumper / Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJuly 16, 2019
Typical day at Apache mainly depends on what you are doing, pumping, roustabouting, etc, overall it was a great place of employment.Working at Apache I learned alot about the oil and gas industry. The employees were easy to get along with and understand. The management was a great group of people.
Stressful and overworked
Scaffold Helper (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAJune 23, 2019
Carpenters didnt get perform unless they were in the clique of the upper management from the valley. No days off for funerals, if you was sick you had 3 days to show back up to work or your fired
Pros
Cons
Barley any breaks if you was lucky you would get a 3 o'clock break
Hard working place, but as long as you did your job things were good.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIJune 20, 2019
Apache was a place that allowed me to start from the bottom and work my way "up the ladder". I had to learn almost every aspect of the jobs in that shop while on the job, I never went to school for welding so I learned there.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Dirty enviornment
Bad managment. Stressfull work enviroment
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  texasJune 4, 2019
Apache used to be a good place to work. During management changes has changed the companies stock has declined dramatically. If you disagree with management either you get fired or treated with total disrespect. Hardest part of the day was going to work.
Na
Manager Power, Midstream (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2019
Apache business units act as stand alone entities that are walled off. In one aspect that is good in that it provides ownership of the business unit, on the other hand it does not allow cross pollination of ideas which could spread knowledge throughout the company
ok
drilling consultant (Former Employee) –  West, TXApril 14, 2019
while working at apache it was a cut throat job and every time there was someone calling in on someone there and thats what got a bunch of us our jobs as for example i left my personal computer unlocked and someone no names mentioned got on x-rated web sites instead of investagating it they fired me yes it happened when i was in bed asleep.
Pros
Cons
not saying
Very easy company to work for....enjoyable
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaver, OKMarch 24, 2019
Lease operators were expected to do there jobs with little supervision. As long as you did your job there were no problems what so ever. Supervisors and foreman were very easy to approach about any issue,,,,problems,,,advancement....advice.
Pros
Company vehicle benefits stock long term employment
Cons
Sale of smaller fields for larger
Sr. Chief Inspector (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 24, 2019
Stay on track with good communication with the PM and contractors. The eng. group was great to work with and it would be a pleasure to work with them again.
oil and gas
Lease Operator II (Former Employee) –  Denver City, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Few tasks among a manager’s responsibilities stir up as many mixed feelings as writing performance reviews. We’ve scoured expert resources to bring you examples of how to communicate your company’s needs and encourage productivity without breaking morale.

It’s easy to extol an employee’s virtues, but things get tougher when you’re faced with assessing their challenges and keeping your feedback constructive. How will you find a way to discuss areas where your employees need improvement without raising their defenses?

Employees aren’t often thrilled about the performance review process, either. Employee engagement company TINYPulse surveyed over one thousand professionals and discovered that 37 percent think the process is outdated, and 42 percent feel that managers leave important elements out of their reviews due to bias. Nearly a quarter said they feared performance reviews, and the trend was especially strong among millennials, who also said the process stressed them out.
fun work place
Flight Engineer / Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Aircraft maintenance and inspection. and schedule flight duties. I learned heavy aircraft. workplace culture non stressful nice folks to work with. hardest part of job unscheduled flight. most enjoyable part of job its culture
Pros
traning
Cons
non
Good company that lost it's way
Electrician (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 31, 2019
When i started with Apache the culture and management was great. I enjoyed coming to work. When the old CEO left there was a shift in mentality. From the top down everyone that disagrees with management winds up leaving the company, mostly getting fired. There is no advancement and lots of micromanagement from corporate.
Not much to say
Application Delivery Architect (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2018
Not Much To say. I had a job to do and I did it. Keep management happy and you will be happy. Not every company is for everyone. So do your research.
pumper (Former Employee) –  Texon, TXOctober 16, 2018
Apache is a good place to work but a lot of stress in the location I was in. I left because I wanted to move to Oklahoma or Kansas to get closer to my family.
Pros
People of good nature
Cons
Stressful
Not enough pay
Truck driver class a cdl (Current Employee) –  Sweeney txOctober 2, 2018
Need better benefits.insurans to costly
More pay for job description.not enough
Hours . Not meeting my expectations.of job. As a driver here at Apache
Pros
Slow pace
Cons
Not enough pay
Nepotism Strong Here
Pumper III (Current Employee) –  Wink, TXSeptember 24, 2018
This place is like a Mafia. All the right people are tied together here. If you're not in your not gonna do well. Work ethic goes out the window. I endured long hours of work trying to prove myself only to see that it was all for not when others were promoted for making the right phone calls...
The best engineering job I've had
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2018
I have ONLY amazing things to say about Apache and what they have taught and provided me. I truly enjoyed what Apache has done for my professional career development as well. They really do care about the employees and push them to a stronger level than imagined by implementing creativity while giving value to the company. Apart from the great pay and benefits, I would love to work with Apache again, although it would be something other than consistently leaving out of town for rig hitches since that is critical in the drilling world.
Pros
Too many
I enjoyed my years with Apache I learned alot
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKJuly 17, 2018
The day started with open wells report. Then to the safety meeting with on coming crew, toolpusher, rock hound & directional drillers. If sliding straight to rig floor to over see the slide. Then to the pits to check with derrickhand & mud engineer on shape of mud , check shakers and haul off pits, Then off to count tubulars to make sure hole depth is correct. Back to shack for morning call with office. I really appreciated
working for Apache I learned so much.
When I started it was a 1 man job drilling vertical red fork wells & no days off. I think you learn more back then you had no one to compare notes with but these horizontal wells keep you on your toes.
Pros
Great office support from drilling supervisor & engineer
Cons
Trying to make the morning call while sliding
The most Enjoyable part pf the job
Imaging Technician, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Apache is the kind of company that laves to give back to the community. The A-Team helps each employee set goals for themselves this is very helpful for team building,