Apartment Life Employee Reviews

One of a kind culture
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2019
Apartment Life has a one of a kind culture: supportive, encouraging, affirming, real, fun, true purpose. The flexibility that comes with working remote and the value they place on family is top notch. The personal & professional development tools they have developed for staff are second to none. They truly care about people... From neighbors to staff... And it shows. The benefits offered are fantastic... Especially for a non-profit. It's a place marked by grace and understanding. I've worked in many different pieces of this organization... Serving as a team to working in the National Office. The culture is Paramount throughout and has with stood the test of time.
Pros
Flexibility, fun, caring, real, professional and personal development opportunities
Not just a workplace, it's a family.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXApril 5, 2019
Working for Apartment Life has not only been fun, it's life changing. The leaders I get to work with and learn from are amazing, and supportive. This is the first job I have ever felt truly valued and important to the team. I love being able to support all of the field staff and working with so many amazing people all over the country. Apartment Life is not just a work place, it's a family I'm very thankful to be apart of.
Meaningful, fun work!
Communications Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2019
Apartment Life's incredible culture is a reflection of the way they value their employees. There's always an open door for feedback from the top down, they're constantly giving people opportunities to learn and grow, and they hold the freedom to create flexible work schedules and excellence/accountability in great tension. We take our mission/work seriously, but not ourselves.
Pros
Remote, Flexibility, Leadership Development Opportunities, Collaborative
Cons
Lack of face time with teammates because of remote setup
This job's for passion, not pay
Community Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2019
As an Apartment Life Community Coordinator, I plan events and welcome new neighbors. The goal of this job is to build community and friendships. The compensation is reduced rent, but the rewards are the friendships you make.
Awesome culture
Regional President - Northwest (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 17, 2018
I was welcomed with open arms by the Senior and Executive level leadership team. Apartment Life cares about everyone that works for them. They want all people to be successful in all of life. They give great autonomy to their top level leadership to run their business the best way for their territory. Truly a general manager mindset about your work.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, remote
Great place to work with a larger mission of impacting communities for good
Event Coordinator, Resident Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenhouse ApartmentsJuly 3, 2018
This job is hard to describe. It could the hardest job you ever do, but it is also one that that stretches you to grow more than any other! It's not a typical job in that you don't get paid, but you live for reduced rent in exchange for your work in the community.
Pros
reduced rent, positive sense of community where you live
Cons
work duties can take up more time than is described in the job description
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2018
Loved it! I got to work from home several days a week. My co-workers were fun and challenged you in good ways. They spend a lot of time developing you as a leader.
Pros
Work for home, mileage paid, monthly budge
Cons
sometimes had to work nights and weekends
Amazing Place to Work
Vice President of Program Management (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
Worked with teams collaborating to help improve client relations, presented Event Ideas and how to improve Online reputation for the client. Worked for 6 years and moved up and exceeded expectations.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Caring Staff and Employees
Cons
Don't pay enough
Very positive and supporting place to work
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 31, 2018
One of the best organizations I ever worked for. Great benefits and support from headquarters. I real team oriented culture with caring professionals.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Disappointing experience in a so-called "ministry"
CARES team member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2018
We were asked to leave apartment life after dedicating 6 months of our time, effort and finances. I had to quit my full-time job and start working part-time due to the demands that working on a CARES team required. We were working WELL over 15-20 hrs a week on events, resident welcome and renewal visits, making phone calls to vendors and residents (who never responded), and many more seemingly "simple" tasks that initially ate up our work weeks. Their pitch for beginning neighborhood ministry was appealing at first, but ended up causing us unnecessary stress, unrealistic expectations, and we were forced to leave within 30 days. All I can say is that I would NEVER recommend this so-called "ministry" to anyone, specifically individuals who have full-time jobs, are working at a church or in some other ministry, or have family issues to attend to. I'm so disappointed, frustrated and hurt from my experience.
Pros
cheap rent, community involvement
Cons
unrealistic expectations, bad management, incompatible placements
Unnecessary Stress and Pressure
PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXDecember 28, 2017
Supposed to be ministry - is definitely just business. Typical work day is micro managed and can overtake your life. Management is narcissistic and selfish.
A Ministry of Relationship
CARES Team Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 11, 2017
A volunteer position working with an apartment owner/management team to increase residence satisfaction and build relationships. Volunteer teams plan and host events and activities for residents and in turn get to live on the property at a reduced cost. It's a life-changing and eternally impactful ministry of relationship building.
Pros
Ministry Opportunity, Discounted Rent, Fun
Poor leadership
Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
I worked for this company for about 5 years. Many of the employees are wonderful people and absolutely strive to live-out their beliefs. However, I had many struggles with the "powers that be" as he and I had quite different values. I would have to say that if you are not a super religious person, willing to "play the game", this isnt a place where you will thrive. This company's leader leaves much to be desired!
Pros
work from home, many sweet people
Cons
The leader
Fun
CARES Team (Former Employee) –  League City, TXOctober 27, 2015
Lots of training and support, monthly meeting, creating social events, and community awareness. Ideal for a team of two, with social butterfly skills. Best friends or married couple.
Great place to work, especially if you like people.
Event Coordinator for Chandler Park Apartments (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2014
Great way to get to know people and plan fun events for everyone to be apart of!
Pros
Bug budget for events, flexible work schedule
Cons
Get compensated with an apartment, instead of salary
Mission file work in your own backyard
CARES Team (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 10, 2014
Being a CARES Team for our apartment complex has been one of the most rewarding experiences in my life. When we first began back in 2011 it was difficult to have a compassionate heart for property management staff, residents and my own family. It took time to come up with a balance so that everyone felt our love and presence within our community.
Pros
Not having to pay rent monthly
Cons
A lot of work, with no pay
Great Values
CARES Team Leader (Former Employee) –  HoustonAugust 28, 2013
Once you get the routine of the job, it's easy. Great in connecting with people all the time. Management is very supportive. Thumbs up!
Bringing Apartment Communities Together
CARES Team (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2013
My sister and I work as a CARES Team for a high-rise in Downtown Dallas. Here, we host about three community events per month. We also take care of the many residents that live in our building through welcome visits, small gifts, even dinner at times! We love seeing the building become more and more like family each day.
Pros
Lowered rent, building bonds with people you live around
Cons
Abrupt changes in management at various apartments.
Great organization
Cares Team Member (Former Employee) –  dallas, txAugust 16, 2012
The organization helps to create positive team members and is very good at making sure the companies direction is clearly visible.