APCO Worldwide

APCO Worldwide Employee Reviews

United States29 reviews

APCO Worldwide insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Smart people, great opportunity

I was an intern at the DC office of the summer. I learnt a lot during the 10 weeks, I had an amazing manager who would always help me get on projects. They are trying to be more diverse which I appreciate. Though HR is really not efficient

Pros

free lunches

Cons

long hours, HR department

Best place to work

I enjoyed my time there, managers were very helpful and the coworkers were a delight to work with. I would recommend this job to anyone in the birmingham area.

Pros

Free lunch

Not a healthy workplace

I worked in the Brussels office. There was little or no leadership, poor morale, supposed rainmakers bringing in little money while costing a lot. I was promised a bonus for new business i landed but it was never given to me. Overall, i felt totally unsupported.

Pros

Fruit / soft drinks in office, some nice co-workers, some fun parties

Cons

Low pay, slow advancement, "leadership"

Accountant

I have rally work on myself to improve my skills and experience to working in your company and I've host and organized and I've been trying to working with you

Fine

It’s a fine place, but very little room for growth. The people are great, but the work gets very repetitive and boring. Very little variation is day to day life

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Typical consulting with pretty good culture but some foundational issues

Moving from a more boutique agency that started in D.C. to a competitive mid-size agency comes with growing pains. There still needs to be improvement with basic infrastructure, management, etc. People are often thrown into the fire with little training when they start, depending on the manager, expectations and measurements of success are not laid out clearly.

Great, productive culture

Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for growth. Everyone is very friendly and there is a lot to get done. Quick-paced but not stressful. Overall, great!

APCO Worldwide

I liked working at APCO for most part of it. Not too bad and not too good. My Accounting Manager was exceptional and easy to work with. He allowed flexibility of hours if you had an emergency. He was extremely dedicated to his work , good work ethics and I liked working with him. He acknowledged your hard work and never micromanaged. Best part of APCO for me was that one Accounting Manager :) I couldn't ask for a better Manager than him.

Pros

Thursday pizzas

Cons

no work from home flexibility for some employees, even though everything is cloud based and work from home is possible.

Great perks, commitment to diversity, integrity

Great company to start your agency career. There is room for advancement if you prove your talents. However, the work wasn't always there so lay offs happened and I was caught in the storm that blindsided a lot of people. I think my expulsion came from working remotely in Chicago while my paycheck (and the lay offs) came from the DC office.

Pros

Happy hours (DC office), variety of work, frequent recognitions/awards

Cons

retention of clients, poor communication between offices, high turnover

Great company

APCO has an amazing work place environment and culture. We had several activities to boost morale. Super innovative company and has an amazing internship program.

Pros

Free lunches, Great management

Cons

N/a

Very productive and stimulating work place

APCO Worldwide is a very productive and stimulating workplace with a great vibe within the offices. There is a tremendous amount of collaboration and mutual support for all levels of employees.

Great culture

Great people to work with and really add to an enjoyable working environment. Some of the best in their fields and truly willing to help you understand any concepts if asked. Teamwork is a huge component of APCO

Great place to work.

Great and intelligent people. Diverse culture. Very innovative and forces you to stretch your thinking and capacity to contribute as a whole. Take pride in their achievements and staff. Very supportive of staff.

Pros

Cons

None at the moment

APCO was an ok place to work.

My days where very stressful there with a lot of work going into the job. I learned a lot while i was there and it is an experience i would never change but the culture there made me feel like an outsider. Finding ways to interact with my coworkers proved to be the most difficult part of my job

Pros

Good work enviorment and Good Clients

Cons

Closed off Culture.

No real opinion

I was not there long enough to really have an opinion about the work place. Time well spent on project and clients. Happy hour on Thursdays is a plus.

Great work environment and wonderful coworkers

A typical day included conducting online research (this entailed going through various blogs and postings about the firm's clients), updating the office filing system, or editing/creating powerpoint presentations. Workplace culture was great, everyone was very friendly and wonderful to work with.

Not a fun place were to work anymnore.

At first, it was a fun place to work. There was a very nice ambient and everyone help each other. We were a big team. As the year's past employees were leaving, morale went down. There was a lack of communication, impossible deadlines. They only valued employees that were billable. Employees in supporting departments, such as Accounting, Legal or IT were invisible and spendable for the company. In 2016 went they laid off 3/4 of senior employees, leaving new entry and medium level employees without mentors. Employees felt very insecure at their jobs with fear of being laid off, the culture was inexistent. Very depressing place. Promotions were frozen. People lose motivation and everyone, even the new employees were looking for other jobs opportunities.

Pros

Good training for an entry level.

Cons

Lack of communication, lack of mentoring, crazy deadlines.

Very Relaxed work place

The management at APCO was terrible from my experience. As of today I am told they have acquired a new team of managers and released all of the old ones.

Fun place to work -- fruit & veggie Tuesday, beer & pizza Thursday

APCO's goal is happy clients, satisfied employees, and a profitable company -- and they achieve that goal! Everyday is different, but the colleagues make it a great place to learn and succeed.

Responsible, forward thinking

I worked as graphic designer and developer and there I designed, prototyped and built all sorts of products from wbsites to web applications to native apps for iOS and Android. I learned to work with clients, to manage schedules, to not just design and develop but to art direct, and to coordinate development with teams of colleagues. Management was generally excellent, trusting us to be capable in our domains and to deliver quality work on time. Best part of the job was the variety of clients I worked for, from huge multinationals to tiny non-profits. It was always a joy to learn about a new client and to discover how we could work together.

Pros

Given responsibility and treated like adults without micromanagement.

fun place to work

fun place to work, awesome culture, ability to work with brilliant people, cohesive company culture that is inclusive and diverse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APCO Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight