Aperion Care Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
not a job for everyone
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Colfax, ILJuly 17, 2018
have to have a strong stomach to clean those bathrooms and also keep in mind that your basically cleaning someone's home and have to care not just be there for the paycheck
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Stay Away
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2018
If you are looking for a disorganized company and no team at all then sign up for Aperion Care! Don't waste your time. None of their facilities are 4 star
Pros
Cons
Stay Awayv
the job
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Peru, INJune 27, 2018
I learned to cook and clean. It was fast and you had to learn to please the residents which wasn't always easy to do. I loved visiting with the residents and talking to them, I worked almost every day/night.
A Nursing home
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dolton, ILJune 6, 2018
This Job is for people who strive to help people who can no longer help themselves. Its a nursing and rehab facility for all different kinds of people.
It was nice place to work at i loved the residents
Housekeeping and Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  DeMotte, INJune 1, 2018
You do get good hours in and you do get paid extra for perfect attedence and they do have CNA classes there you can take to and sign on bonuses. Very clean facility
Pros
Very caring people
Cons
Sucky pay raise each year
Employees are great to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, ILMay 7, 2018
Aperion Care treats new employees better than old employees.
The new employees start at a better wage than anyone who has been working for years.
Management do not listen to staff members about anything.
Pros
All the hours you want to work
Cons
Unsafe working without staff
Just a he'll hole to work at.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILApril 28, 2018
Pretty much everybody was for themselves. Management could care less about you or how anything else was there. The food there for the patients were horrible and cheap. Overcrowded three people to a room. Lack of staff. Things are always breaking down or stay broken. Underpaid staff with barely any good benefits. The employees are fun to be around with is about the only good thing I can say. But the morale is horrible there. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work there.
Pros
I got along with the staff really well.
Cons
Everything else imaginable was horrible.
Official response from Aperion Care
June 20, 2018

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to speak with you directly, please contact our corporate compliance hotline at 888-415-6777.

Too many chiefs-Not enough indians
LPN (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 19, 2018
They certainly know how to staff day shift and pretend they are operating correctly when their superiors are planning a visit. Successfully operating a nursing home though, not so much-especially if quality of life for residents is to be considered a factor! If half the family's knew what was really going on in there, I'd be willing to bet, this facility wouldn't have a staff/resident ratio imbalance any more because how many staff are needed with zero residents? Avoid if in need of work and if in need of 24 hr care for a loved one! The management will bend rules to suit staff while robbing residents of their basic human rights. The food served is both visually unappealing and lacking flavor!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else!
Quality Long Term Care
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cairo, ILApril 10, 2018
Hours are long and laborers are few. The hardest part of the job for me is not being able to use my education and skills effectively in the Alzheimer's Unit.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
long hours, not enough workers
Knowledge
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2018
Perple write reviews as retaliation to company. Not the best our there but not the worst. They are working daily on making it better pplace for staff and residents
Pros
Open door to management if you wish to talk
Cons
Healthcare insurance
Management is no good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 6, 2018
There is favoritism and nepotism, poor management, most employees that have been there for years are still owed raises that they have not received, it's a revolving door for nurses , cna's , administrators, and director of nursing. I would not recommend this a place to work at all.
Lack of compasion for staff and residents
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cairo, ILApril 6, 2018
The company cared more about our uniforms then the residents having soap razors and even food. The director had several family members allowed to set schedule and when others where reprimanded for dress code family members allowed to continue actions. The director would text personal phones with threats and demand staff to go against policy when staff refused. Staff was wrote up or suspended for insubordination
Pros
Non
Not worth your stress
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 1, 2018
I feel like it could be a great place to work if they could get the proper staffing and if the staffing is not available, then help. There is only so much that we can do as the staff for our residents if you do not give us the proper resources to do so.
Pros
Some really great employees
Cons
Not so good management
not reliable, not appreciated. but a job is a job
Dining Associate (Current Employee) –  Spanish Lake, MOMarch 25, 2018
employees are not valued. Hours are always being cut. managers do nothing yet get paid the most. they are always on a major budget. most of the residents are really kind and appreciative.
Pros
free food, nice co-workers
Cons
few hours, hour cuts, lazy management
not a good environment
N/A (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 11, 2018
Bad environment, dirty, bad attitude's (staff members), poor communication, bad bosses that don't care, smelly old building that needs lots of repair and love.
Not a enjoyable work place.
CERTEFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Highwood, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Working for Aperion at first was great, co workers were friendly and very helpful. But overtime you get so over worked and not paid enough, the good people started to leave. Management changed, and people brought their personal issues to work. Many workers had their own groups, and if you didn't have one you were left alone and it made it almost impossible to find help. It's not the place, its the co workers, and management that needed to change.
Great Improvements
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILFebruary 17, 2018
This facility had made great advances this past 6 months. It's clean and no longer smells bad. The staff are professional and really love their residents. I'm treated with respect by management and feel like I finally have a place to work that I really enjoy. It's not perfect but I like structure and consistency with growth. It's perfect for me.
Pros
Improving services. Nice staff.
Cons
Changes are hard. High expectations.
Low pay, horrible work hours
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services coordinador (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Low wages and management really doesnt care about the staff and their concerns. Under valued staff and clients suffer because of understaffing and poor mangament.
Pros
Coworkers, clients
Cons
Pay, hours
horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 8, 2018
very bad place to work. very low wages horrible management and severly over worked staff poor care for residents and no opportunity for advancements because management promotes their friends
Talk is cheap
RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Pay is low, more is expected than is given back. No true appreciation for work-only blame & recriminations . Blame is thrown around but the admin is ultimately responsible for what goes on.