Aperion Care
Happiness rating is 74 out of 100

Aperion Care Employee Reviews

United States756 reviews

residentcnasadministratorfacilitynursenursingcarestaff

Personal connection with staff and residents.

I love my work family and all of my residents! They are the reason I do what I do.I have worked as a CNA, RN, ADON and I am currently the DON. This shows you how dedicated a lot of the staff is and there is always room to improve yourself and challenge yourself.

Great Leadership

A great place to work and be able to grow. A great work life balance and upper management listens to you.

Aperion Care insights

Based on 1,242 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose

Busy work

Busy work, great people to work withLots of meds to pass, great staff, and patientsA typical day at work will be passing meds, answering caller lights, and helping with patient care and new admissions.Workplace culture is great.The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for a long time.

It didn't matter if I did my job , I wasn't a favorite of the kitchen manager I really liked my job but when you hear the manager saying about 1particular employee 'oh I just love her to pieces' , it wasn't very business like.

Management needs help

While working there if your not in nursing you are treated poorly. No bonuses, low pay. The true disappointment is when everyone is afraid to help because of management and there circles. Hr and regional hr are no help and will not respond back to you in a timely fashion. Truly not what I thought it would be.

What is the best part of working at the company?The two RVP that worked with me were great and answered the phone when I called. They were supportive of the management team which is rareWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Knowing the property was being sold and not able to share with the staff and residentsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?I was the ED and the owners were available and responded to calls quick. It was like familyWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Any where from visiting with residents and staff as well as families. There was no such thing as a typical day in long term care

Slow and Steady Paced

Overall not a bad place to work. Management and coworkers are exceptional. Easy going laid back. Ultimately though, I would label this job as one for a retireee, or someone with a joint income. Hours are steady, work pace is steady. If only the pay was lifted higher would it be the perfect job.

Meanest Management..

Don't get injured there!! They'll terminate you for any ridiculous reason!! Thinking that if we FIRE him or her, They'll just go away! I think not! Management also promises bonuses, then retracts them .. for no apparent reasons!! I think most of them are shady, with no rights to be in the position that they were in. They play faves with certain residents, and others turned noses up at!!

Pros

None are coming to my mind! Sorry.

Cons

Having to pick up after messy 1st shift, Hated listening to them cackle like a bunch of chickens about coworkers they don't know about, And the music that we were subject to listen too, The kitchen manager is always sitting down at his desk.

N/a

I was left working alone with 171 patients and two CNA's at no time did my boss try to find me help and this was not the first time that I was left out to dry by management. Staff comes in to work whenever they get ready to without anything happening to them

Pros

The clients

Cons

Managment

Worst place to work.

I would not recommend for anyone to work at this place. I have never worked in a place where the management talks to their employees like they are trash. There is too many personal relationships between staff and often make things very unfair because some people can get away with things that others can't. DON and ADON the most unprofessional people in the building. STAY AWAY from this toxic work environment!!! 10 grand sign on is not worth what you will experience here.

Pros

Great loving residents

Cons

Always understaffed, Awful management, High-school-like enviornment.

Not a fun or fair place to work

There is no equal rights for all workers at the Gary Indiana facility the Administrator is creating a u harmonizing work environment and the management team is in complete disarray and the is no teamwork at all everyone trying to throw the next person under the bus

Generally was just not great.

It was hard to find out pto and they were often understaffed. However, this was at the beginning of the pandemic right as they were working on selling the building to another company. Was not very well explained what happened with pto time at the end of the year or if there was paid sick leave.

Great company to work for

Supportive of their staff, opportunities for inside promotions. Staff appreciation and retention were a main focus, corporate was amazing and helpful to work with

Improving every day!

Management is working to improve the atmosphere and working conditions. Alot of agency right now but they are offering sign on bonuses and higher pay to bring new staff in.

Unsafe nurse patient ratio

Short staff and unsafe. High nurse patient ratio. High CNA patient ratio as well. Unrealistic expectations for patient care with unit acuity and quantity .

Hostile work environment

Very poor management and administrator. My time working there I experienced 4 different managers within 1 year and 3 months of my 2 year employment with the company. There wasn't any room for growth even tho as a cook I was able to do the same job as the dietary managers before me.

wonderful place to work

been here almost three years, and no complaints at all. management is nice, supportive, and helpful. definitely not a place where you need to watch your back. i love the meetings- because we almost NEVER have any. workflow is clear and straightforward, manager has an open door policy for any questions, and mistakes are treated as mistakes and learning opportunities

If you wish to succeed, they will help you succeed.

The culture at Aperion is that whatever you wish to gain from your employment there, you will have every opportunity to attain. They train well and provide support from management. They take care of their employees because they recognize that employees who feel respected and appreciated will strive for excellence.

Worst place to work

Management is horrible. Building is very dirty. The can not keep housekeepers. The bugs are horrible. The break room is dirty and very hot. The few good staff they have is over worked and underpaid.

My first cna job

This was my first cna job it helped me be able to handle a lot harder places 10yrs later and still come back to work for them not a bad company at all

Loving my wor environment

I enjoyed working there. All Male and female employees should be paid equally in respect to what their title is. It is important to know your employees feedback while they are employed and not after they leave. Good staff is worth hearing.

Pros

Team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aperion Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Aperion Care with

Aperion Care reviews by popular job title

• Aperion Care