APEX Analytix Employee Reviews

Do not recommend
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 19, 2019
I do not recommend Apex to anyone. The management needs a much needed overhaul to ensure the success of this company. This company has not adopted the culture of caring about their employees and further do not realize that employees are a company's greatest asset. This company is ran by a group of investors therefore the pay is poor, paying well below the cost of living standards. They have a bonus structure which is only attainable to a select few. An employee here will never be fairly compensated and turnover is high. They pay you for performance and will hound, bully and threaten you if you fall below target expectations. The management likes to compare performance much like the performance standards of a manufacturing plant rather than a company providing software solutions and audit services. Totally different industries.
Not a great place to work, despite the certification
Network and Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2019
I have had a lot of bad experiences at this company, but to stay professional in this review, I will break things out into the following sections and only talk about what I have seen.
1. High Turnover
6. Stagnant Growth
7. Lack of Direction
8. Summary

High Turnover:

This company has fallen into a fire and hire cycle. This is due to leadership being fickle and unable to land on the qualities they desire in an applicant, the company has bad culture which makes retention pretty much impossible, no matter how talented the new hires may be, and top-level goals are as fleeting as the talent. In the 9 months of my employment, 6 employees were terminated or left from our >20-member team. On the other side, only two were hired. Morale is terribly low and trust in management is minimal.

Culture Clash:

Overall, the company treats its employees as second-rate citizens. Managers have been known to yell at employees resulting in giving the employees the sense of being alone on an island. Most of the Executives/VPs are either Indian or came from iQor (Another terrible company) and are quickly ruining this environment as well. The Indian culture I am referring to is when employees are treated as though there are 10 people literally standing in line outside the door waiting to take their seat. Simply put, not an environment that fosters any type of loyalty.

Curb Appeal:

This company has the “Best Place to Work” Certification, which is due to the generosity of its employees. However, this
  more... generosity is not sincere because employees are coerced into donating money out of their salary to help the company keep this certification. This certification is then boasted proudly back at the employees at every social engagement. I am glad they have the certification, but it comes off as propaganda and brain-washing. On the surface, this looks like a great place to work, but this image stops at Social media. Employees have old cubicles that are falling apart, tightly packed in a room with no place to go to work in peace. Overall work environment is hectic, a bit hostile, and loud.

Top heavy Business:

The three leading drivers of long-term employee satisfaction include culture and values, career opportunities, and trust in senior leadership. That does not mean, however, that all the emphasis should be placed on attracting top executives to a company. Sure, it’s important to have phenomenal leadership, but when you read reviews of a company be sure to note how much emphasis is placed on rank & file employees. All team members are important, and you should see that reflected in employee reviews of the company and in their hiring practices. Unfortunately, this is simply not the case at Apex. There are far too many people making decisions and pointing in directions without the required staff to back them up. Most importantly, the Executives/VPs fail to heed the advice of the experts that work for them.

Perpetual Promises:

The brand promise at this company is a joke. They reel you in with a promise of a yearly bonus to make up the difference of what you are asking and what they want to pay you. What they don’t tell you is that the bonus is not based on your performance, but that of two teams within the company. Also, the bonus is broken up across the quarters. In the 9 months I worked at Apex, I never got a bonus. Both teams must hit their targets in order to receive a payout. For example, let’s say that team A has a goal of $100K, and team B has a goal of $50k. Over the quarter, collectively, the teams hit $250K, but there is no payout. This is because team A achieved $213K while team B only hit $37K. (Numbers are fictional). If these bonuses were based on company performance, or individual performance, they would be more concrete. Another point is pay raises. This company readily promises that your pay will be adjusted based on the level of responsibility you have. I was promised twice, with deadlines of when they would go in effect that my pay would be adjusted. Both failed to be realized. On a semi-related note, the benefits are a joke. You can get better and cheaper healthcare paying out of pocket. 401K match is virtually non-existent. PTO is allowed if you are not a single point of failure, otherwise you have to fight for it. There is also the promise of comp time for all the hours you have been required to work past the paid 40 hours a week. I never saw comp time either, with each request answered with “We need to fix this now” regarding whatever issue the team is working on. Work life balance is way out of whack.

Stagnant Growth:

This company may say a lot of things about career progression or growth opportunities, but the only example of it I have seen is a negative. A Citrix XenApp engineer was forced to learn the F5 Load Balancers. This was something he did not want to do as it was outside his practiced field and ended up leaving the company because of it. Personally, I have asked multiple times about training up peers on networking basics, troubleshooting, and building a lab environment so people could stage things outside of production. As mentioned above, these things were promised, but the time for these changes never came. There was also no time for any personal development, cost was not even a concern because I had a GI Bill to fall back on. Management consistently advised that now is not a good time, but openly encouraged personal development. It appears personal development is encouraged if you do it after hours and are available whenever they need to pull you. I can’t speak to them paying for things because I never asked that question.

Lack of Direction

Honestly, I don’t know how this company is still here. The focus historically has been on maintaining uptime, not securing their products. This company is a SaaS (Software as a Service) company, so the network that their product rides across should be considered as part of their solution. The network, despite all the fancy improperly implemented modern technology, is still being operated like it would have in the early 2000s. Any plan to fix things and bring the network into compliance with best standards does not make it through the quarter before drastically changing directions. Compliance is a joke and is only encouraged when the business specifically needs something (read as in a client requires it before signing up). This company also sells itself every 5 years to flush new funds into the company. This means there will be a whole year where the company does not want to buy anything to fix issues so that the executives can get a bigger check. All in all, this company is a hack waiting to happen, especially considering all the access to client data, which is handled unethically. If you are thinking of applying to a role within Information Technology, my advice is: Don’t. Wait for something better and don’t waste your time.

Summary

There is a lot of potential for greatness at this company. All the technology already exists within the environment to ensure success. The problem lies with the direction given by management, the dictatorship style approach to direction and lack of respect for subordinates. I agree with most of the negative reviews on this site (can’t speak to things that I did not see). Attrition is high, morale is low, benefits are not great, pay is not competitive, HR is useless, management is ineffective, boss style traits seem to be preferred over leaders by management, and people are leaving like clockwork. If you want a job doing anything other than IT, feel free to give Apex a shot, there might be a decent position out there. However, for IT, it is non-existent as the whole team is ran by the same malapert boss. Moreover, if you have a mindset for security, you will likely find yourself stuck in the ambivalent dichotomy of operations versus security. Just make sure to take your time and read some reviews, placing more weight on the negative ones. It is true that HR has solicited reviews from individuals to help offset the bad ones.
Pros
Team members are awesome, knowledgeable and fun to be around
Cons
Work life balances stinks, Expectation to work 50+ hours a week, No investment into the employees, Poor Management
Not a great experience
Enterprise Sales West (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 16, 2018
Not what they said it would be. Sounded too good to be true and it was. Things are not what they seemed to be and the training program was not effective.
Pros
autonomous
Cons
no guidance
Eh
Data Key Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 29, 2018
Compensation isnt great. A really nice company that does a lot for employees through parties and events. They say they like to promote/hire from within but they really dont. You'll end up in interviews as a courtesy when really they already know who they will move up.
Pros
Holiday pay, parties, events
Cons
low pay
Terrible place to work
Audit Support Analysis (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2018
Don't waste your time
Horrible management.
Disrespect with employee .
Horrible leaders who have no clue of what they are doing and treat you as they feel like it that day.
Every week a couple of temps are let go without any feedback or any sort of explanation.
All other workers work in a horrible environment of insecurity and fear to lose their job and that's what apex wants .
Pros
Diverse employee group
Cons
Unprofessional Training
Great Innovator
Vice President, Global Client Solutions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
Great company that is known for innovation and customer service. A very collaborative and driven environment. Strong performances is recognized and rewarded.
Pros
Collaborate Environment
Cons
Compensation
Learned what I DID NOT want to do
Audit Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2018
If you like working in a cubicle farm for 40+ hours a week, then this is the job for you. The Audit Support Analyst is a glorified collections agent, except in reverse. You are trying to get money that these multi-million dollar companies overpaid to their vendors. What frustrated me is that there is no desire to fix the broken processes that these companies have in place. Apex would be out of business if they did.

On top of that, you're competing with the Audit Advisors for the top dollar claims, so it's almost impossible to meet your monthly goals. Like most other companies, it's about who you know, not what you can do. I enjoyed the job until the manager that hired me got promoted. The person who replaced them was on a power trip and played favorites with their old team.

So, would I recommend this job to others? Not really. It's not an A/P job, like they advertise. If you are looking for a true accounting job, keep looking. If you like collections, then this is the job for you.
Pros
It's a job and you make money to pay bills
Cons
Everything else
Tempory at best
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 10, 2018
No advancement unless you are willing to take it without an increase in pay. They act like the company has money, but they do not. Bills are always past due. It's ok for managers to yell at you and treat you like a kid. Going to HR will result in turning around problems on you. It is a turn and burn company. You are better off moving to another job. Ask any contact companies what they think of the company. DO YOUR RESEARCH
Pros
Cons
Working there
Great company to work for!
Audit Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 5, 2017
I worked at APEX Analytix for a year & a half. It was a great company. There's very little micromanaging which is nice. You work at your own pace for the most part and as long as you are getting your jobs completed, everything will be okay. They really work with you if you need assistance understanding. The best parts are what the company does for the employees with special fun days, volunteering opportunities, many office parties and even a daily paid 20 minute walk break.
Pros
Great atmosphere, great management & people
Cons
can be stressful at times
A typical day at work
PMO Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Assist the Audit Directors with project management standards that have been created. Review project plans and schedule to provide guidance and assistance.
Pros
Flexibility with job life versus personal life
Cons
Job security
Fast paced environment, competitive, and results driven.
Supplier Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Apex Analytix was a great company to work for. They are flexible with schedules, vacations, and time off in general. It is a very busy and results driven company; there is usually not a minute to waste so if you like a fast paced, results driven environment, Apex is the place for you.
they provide ample time for training so that you can go in to do your job prepared with all the tools necessary to be successful at it- I speak of the Statements department in particular-
The supervisors are very approachable and provide all the support you need and/or request.
In addition, they offer some great benefits, some of which are: education reimbursement, discounts for phone plans, gym memberships, continued training, mentoring programs, etc.
Pros
Flexible schedule, advancement opportunities, team building, and training
Cons
Salary
chaotic
Senior Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2017
lots of change, very unpredictable, lack of direction
no clear leadership
management is poorly prepared and lack experience
company is performing poorly vs. revenue target
Offers different positions for a varying skills
Senior Audit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Apex has two different divisions that operate separately. One division is very structured and processes are performed step by step with little deviation. The other division requires self starters and creativity in order to be productive.
The company as a whole has great people and the management does care about it's employees and communities.
Pros
Work remotely
Productive and fun place to work for.
Data Entry Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 29, 2017
Apex Analytix is a good place to work at, the managers that I worked for are very nice. The company will have events for employees during holidays. Very flexible schedule for employees with children. Overall, a great experience for me as a data entry analyst.
The hardest part of the job
Lead Audit Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2017
The hardest part of my job was pulling away once I got involved, I was so interested in each claim I touched, as it was so similar to a previous claim and yet unique in it's own.
Challenging work, Never dull
Developer (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 8, 2017
I work on several projects and have varying responsibilities on each of them. This is a fast paced industry with deadlines and deliverables that must be completed on time. I have great support from my managers to pursue areas of interest and access to educational resources. Hours can be long at times when big projects must be completed on time. We are reliant on customers to provide data and sometimes delays require acceleration on data processing and development work.
Pros
Management support. Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Staff and team spread around the country, May be difficult condtions for those that like to meet in person.
Good place to start your career.
Payroll / Benefits Intern / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 5, 2017
In general, I had a great time working for Apex Analytix. Everyone was friendly, work wasn't stressful, and I learned a lot during the five months I was there.
Good people, great clients, bad conclusion
Director of Audit Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 31, 2017
The client relationships were great, the audit and technology solutions are good and most of the people are exceptional. I enjoyed most of my time here but the end result tainted my perception.
Pros
Clients relationships, solutions and strong contributors
Cons
Training, benefits and more
Good place to be from
Audit Advisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 4, 2017
Pay is good, that's about it. Management staff has a lot to be desired. All my manager cared about was making his bonus. The day included high stress pressure to make numbers. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it was over.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
everything else
Apex is overall a good place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk- Finance (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 23, 2017
Overall I would give Apex Analytix a B+. People are really good. Management structure is becoming dog eat dog, and in some cases management is ineffective at nurturing new employees. Pay scale is on the low end, and opportunity for advancement is slim. To end on a positive note Apex makes a lot of money and is economically stable.
Pros
People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at APEX Analytix. Our community is ready to answer.