APEX COMMUNICATIONS

APEX COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Loved the job when I started. Hated it by the time I quit. They completely restructured the commission scale and the management, and ruined the entire atmosphere of the position, and with the practically unattainable commission scale they switched to, everyone lost a minimum of about $500/month. If you're looking for reliable income, I do not recommend this job. They dont pay well enough for what they put you through.
If you are a people person, can deal with confrontation (and very aggravated elderly), and are able to multi manage problem-solving this job is great. I'm currently working at an APEX retailer for almost 8 months as a 19-year-old in college and I absolutely love it. The pay is more than I have ever imagined making at 19, and the work environment is great with only a handful of individuals working at each store so it's very comfortable. Great compensation, and commission, Seems relatively easy to develop into the company if you just work hard and be patient. The actual work that you do, dealing with confrontation, can get a little overwhelming especially me, 19, having adult men and women cursing, yelling, and blaming you for their account issues or their billing problems when you're genuinely trying to help them. But hey, nobody likes their money being messed with.
Pros
Pay, Commission, Work Environment, Discounts on products and service
Cons
Stressful Situations, Short-staffed most of the time
Loved working for Apex, they had a wonderful atmosphere and great leaders that were always willing to help and guide. Compensation was great along with everyone they hired, great work experience.
Family friendly environment. This is a company that values its employees, and cares about not only the business. Don’t get me wrong you are responsible for doing your part as wel. Put in 100% and get 100% company support
The management is terrible,
If they don’t “like” you they will talk very lowly about you and make you want to leave. If they want you fired they treat you terrible until you leave willingly so you won’t get unemployment. It’s an extremely unprofessional environment, and they’re judge-mental of religion,

Race, and culture on top of all that!

You can work so hard for years and you will still get paid worse than a fast food worker. Wish I didn’t stay as long as I did but I thought I was close friends with the people there, turned out they didn’t think the same about me.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Terrible company to work for, management is a nightmare. The new commission plan has employees quitting every day. If you do not meet the almost unattainable goals you don’t get any commission. They teach you to lie to customers about the services and prices and then when the customer comes back a month later angry you have to try to salvage the sales. The only thing they care about is numbers
The management is very self kept, as in the do not communicate very well with people lower on the hierarchy. Multiple times I reached out to my supervisor to either wait days for a reply if I ever saw one. Was promised opportunity for advancement and was not shown that after 10 months with the company.
This company is just plain terrible. There are no words to describe the nightmare that is APEX. They do not care about the employees at all! Favoritism, sexism, racism, and pure disrespect towards employees. Tim McNatt only cares about his own pocket. My advice, don't apply unless you want to be treated like number and not a person.
i Was promised more pay but given lower wages than my previous ATT employer. They harrass employees and customers in inappropriate ways. Talking down on everybody is a normal day and slow traffic because they are rude to everybody. A lot of “I’ll take care of it” but no action. Very unhealthy work place. Beware
Management does not respond to complaints of retaliation or bullying. Management abuses power and ignores ethical responsibilities to job. If you have an issue, just know it will not be dealt with in any manner of fairness or ethical standard.
Apex is a fast changing company. Managements is good. Pay is okay. Commission structure is decent. Really fast paced environment to work in. Being savvy with electronics and up to date on technology is a must
If I was paid more hourly, I would still be there today. Amazing environment to work in with wonderful people. I loved them so much! Just needed more to support my family.
Company culture has went downhill ever since top leaders have left. Inventory is a joke and we constantly lose sales to the company owned stores because we never have anything other than iPhones in stock, not everyone wants an iPhone. They change commission plan and actually deduct earned money because you dont hit certain goals in other metrics. Unless you work in one of the few favorite stores you will not be celebrated regardless of how successful you are.
Pros
Learn how not to treat employees
Cons
Corporate staff not qualified, pay, favouritism
This job started off great but when. Management started to slip it all went down hill. There is not room for a personal life, asking off is almost impossible, there is favoritism, and the company does not listen to its employees. Ever. Some stores in the company are told they're going to be fired for doing one thing while the others are allowed to do as they please. Multiple people have left the company due to the new commission structure. This is the only job I've ever had that I've WENT DOWN in pay and the management couldn't care less. I do NOT recomend working for apex Communications.
Pros
Cons
Money taken out of commission for missing one goal.
Always got called in on my days off and was forced to work or be fired. Management was terrible. No communication between management and the workers. Don’t recommend
Pros
Got stuff at a discount
Cons
Schedule was posted late, quotas were horrible and unreachable
This company was a true Blessing for me. Very grateful for my experience with Apex. Very understanding people that want honest and hardworking people.
Pros
1 hour lunch and understanding with work and family
Cons
No Cons
does not care about employees just sales. if you do not sale to their goals then you are not give to option of training just the option to quit or get fired
I would recommend this job to a friend. I am the owner and its more cold calling than I first thought. This is my third start up and the industry is very competitive.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Too much cold caling
Working for any indirect cellphone retailer will not make you a lot of money. It will provide some great insight into the world of sales fro anyone who is thing about trying their hand in the field.
My direct reports are great and work to help me improve on a daily basis. The company tends to show favoritism towards a select few and they look the other way when those same stores conduct shady business. The vast majority of the stores feel the same way. You are expected to be the inventory department, IT, and janitor on top of sales rep. Inventory levels are always low and it is like pulling teeth to try and improve.
Pros
Discounts on phone service amd accessories.
Cons
Culture of negativity
Upper management excellent. Teams are nice and the stores are clean and well organized. The opportunity for advancement is there if you are young. They tend to stay away from promoting older employess.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at APEX COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8