Apex International Education Partners

Working at Apex International Education Partners: 21 Reviews

United States21 reviews

workingworkgreatteamaiepjobtimestudent

Great Company

I have been with AIEP for 7 years. Great culture and great people. The Management allows you to work independently, provides opportunity for growth, and encourages a work-life balance. Support and on-going learning are provided and encouraged. I highly recommend working for AIEP!

Good co-works and bad management

I worked at AIEP for several years. It was a respected and friendly place to work for until year of 2020 when the new management took control the student coordinator(SC) team. The new management does not bother to manage the SC team, but to tame SCs with roaring and rebuke. They requested SCs to stay on call for 24 hours and 7 days a week. They are not allowing SCs take vacation days consecutively, only take one or two days per week and encourage SCs do not take vacation days! There is not HR department in the company so employees have no where to complain and try to represent their own rights. During 2020 there are over 10 SCs left the job and 2021 is continues the bleeding of good employees. New hires have to use former employee’s name and gender to work because the management try to cover the high turnovers to the clients such as schools, student’s parents and host families. “Not a healthy work environment and honesty is a thing of the past!”

Pros

Nice having 401k

Cons

Excessive hours

Apex International Education Partners insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility

No work life balance

Typical week is always overwhelming. Constant emergencies and meetings. Unexpected mandatory meetings as well. Long hours of work with no extra pay is normal with every department in this company. That's why their turnover rate is so high.

Pros

Cons

Work life balance, Managers micromanaging, Toxic and Negative, Abusive language

A nice company

It's a pleasure to work here. Colleagues are very dedicated and would like to share their precious work experience with each other. As a team, I could always get timely support from my partners, the other departments or the management. In a word, it's a great company.

Overall View

My manager trusts me to do my work independently and is available if I have questions. I enjoy working with my colleagues, in particular on group projects. My coworkers treat me well and I have enjoyed forming relationships with them. I feel good knowing that some of my work adds value to the company. It has also been wonderful to learn about another culture!

Great Place to Work

My typical day at work is focused on recruiting host families for our international students. AIEP's Management is very supportive. I enjoy the flexibility of working from home and setting my own schedule. The best part of the job is working with a dedicated team that share the same goal. Another part of the job that I feel is very beneficial is building a life long friendship with the families and especially the students.

Market Supervisor

We are like a family and I really enjoy the atmosphere. I always have the chance to improve communication skills, staff management skills and self-management. Everyone has great desire to learn. Work-life balance is always encouraged within the company. When we meet some difficulties, we work together to achieve the same goal.

A good place to work independently

You need to do everything by your own. Work time flexible and most of time you need work at night. Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts in team meetings and conferences.

I am a case processor

The AIEP team is comprised of caring and professional individuals with years of experience in the international homestay industry. There are people at work who always give me support and encouragement. I have worked at AIEP more than five years and I am very happy to work at this company. I have learned a lot from my colleagues and enjoy of the nice team work.

AIEP is an incredible place to work at. It is a very fast paced enviornment. The employers/supervisors are really helpful and values employees. The office are the best and the people are very friendly, I have always felt at home since work at AIEP. Overall, I've enjoyed my time at indeed.

need to carry multiple roles at once

Need to multitask from day to night, dealing with emergencies that keep coming up. There are rewarding times and you do get to work with dedicated people

Happy work together

I'm based in China and always need to cooperate with American team and my supervisor always can support and help me when I met problems. I like my job and coworkers and would like to work with them together.

A Big Family To Be With

I’ve been working with AIEP for almost 4 years, I love AIEP since it made me feel like I’m in a BIG family. I learned a lot, improved a lot, and even built up strong friendship with my colleagues. I believe I will continue to work with AIEP as long as I can.

A very pleasant place to work, not only working here, I found life here.

On a typical working day, check WeChat messages and emails to make sure all questions are answered. Acts as a liaison between the student, host family, the school, and biological parents. Ensure that students study safely and comply with school and HF rules. Report to natural parents regularly. I learned a lot of communication skills from this job, especially the way I talk to teenagers. This is really good for my own life. The workplace is very friendly, with American colleagues and Chinese colleagues. I really like these two cultures. Of course, the most difficult part of the job is dealing with the parents of all the students. They are usually very successful business people who are not familiar with American culture. I spent a lot of time explaining the difference between American culture and Chinese culture.

workplace culture

Working for Apex has been a rewarding experience where everyone is working together and helping each other out to achieve the same goals of making sure that the international students are matched with great host families and learn about American culture and have a wonderful study abroad experience. It is a lot of teamwork and collaborations with one another.

It is all about AIEP Teamwork

I enjoyed working at AIEP for all those years. We are always working as a team to get things done in a respectful and healthy environment. We have meetings often to discuss and resolve any issues we might have regarding host families and their students the best way we could.

Good company to work for

Apex International Education Partners is a good place for people who are interested in education field. Good working environment, Great learning experience, and Satisfying payment & benefits.

Workday at AIEP

The work I do at AIEP is very rewarding. It is my job to recruit and screen potential host families who are interested in having an international student in their home. I feel it's important to create a relationship with these potential families since I ask them to share personal information about their employment, family and their home so that I can be sure it is an appropriate family for a student to come live with. I feel the support I received from my upper-management and co-workers helps me to do my job effectively. One of the best parts of the job for me, is when a family that I brought on, gets chosen by a student. Given that I have been with the company almost a year, I feel I am still learning. (Outside of Covid) There are great events that are for staff, students and host families that bring everyone together.

AIEP - A Unique, Flexible & Rewarding Company to Work For

AIEP offers unique yet challenging roles that allow flexibility. Each role enables you to "be your own boss" but also requires you to use time management skills effectively. If you love working with children, are a people person, and are open and flexible to change, AIEP is the place to be.

Local Coordinator

This job is a great experience in working with many families and students. It is a family owned business and has many chiefs in charge. A typical day at work requires many hours over an 8 hour day due to the high demands of this employer. The perk is getting to work remotely but the employer lacks trust in his employees and demands you to be seen working in the office several times a week. I loved this job but the work environment was not pleasant and full of negativity. The hardest part of this job was lack of support when students had major issues. The best part of this job was meeting potential host families and getting to know them better when a student got placed in their home. There is a very high turnover with their staff, namely local coordinators.

Pros

401K plan

Cons

Long hours day and night, no time for your own family

Official response from Apex International Education Partners

June 14, 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback as we are constantly seeking new ways to improve our company and employee satisfaction. We take pride in offering Coordinators the opportunity to work remotely while also having a presence in our office on days when they are not busy on the road. Meeting in-person at our offices also allows staff to receive needed training and support.The role of Local Coordinator definitely requires employees that are self-disciplined, able to balance their work and personal lives, know when to "turn off", and know how to distinguish between an emergency and non-emergency.Working with children and trying to meet the needs of multiple clients (schools, host families, host students, natural parents abroad, agencies, etc.) is never an easy task. It is essential that staff work with management to receive a 360 degree view of the challenge at hand as they are able to assess each situation completely from different angles.

Local Coordinators High Turnover Rate - It takes a village to run a successful team.

APEX a family owned and operated business. A typical day as a Local Coordinator can be beyond one’s control. The job requires higher order thinking and problem solving. A great work place if mgmt. were to trust employees, embrace constructive criticism in addition to feedback instead of interpreting it as “push-back'. Lack of supervisory skills, placing emphasis on employee mistakes and written warnings resulting in low employee morale. Word of wisdom - be mindful and sets realistic goals, timelines, expectations, be considerate of employees’ personal time. It takes a village to run a successful team!

Official response from Apex International Education Partners

June 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. It is noted and has been taken into consideration.We couldn't agree more that the role of Local Coordinator is more of a "lifestyle" than a job, and that the role requires checks and balances as to not become overwhelmed. It is important for us to let an employee know when they are doing well and when they need improvement. This feedback allows each employee to know where they stand with AIEP, how they can improve, what tools we can offer to help them improve, and if they are not succeeding when it simply may not be a good fit. As we continue to grow, it is important for us to properly and diligently vet new candidates to ensure their experience, skill sets, work ethic, and personalities are aligned properly with both AIEP and the employee's long-term success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex International Education Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits