Apex Learning

Apex Learning Employee Reviews

no review available

This company started off great, then it didn't meet my expectations. When ever I went to my manager for help, they said that they didn't want to be involved with my drama.

Freedom to provide support

The ability to set your own schedule. With an assigned customer load, it was at my discretion (and the purchase of paid services) how these days were implemented. I was allowed to pursue tracks for customer support as I saw fit. Additionally, I became a sought after expert within the company on the management system, curriculum and implementations.

Decent company to work for

Decent company to work for. Great established legacy product. Wonderful service team. Product development is attentive and in line. Apparent gap in Sales leadership.

Apex learning

Non profit for educational software for highschools helping AP students with AP courses, Alt. Education, and credit retention. In the sales position you are assigned a territory and reference selling is best along with cold calling

Apex is an excellent place to work. Good work life balance and there is time to learn new things. There is never a moment where one is not learning new things either about the company, products or even business as a whole.

Pros

snacks, Christmas week is a free paid holiday

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Great Product and helpful team memebers

My team members were friendly and very knowledgeable about education and the product. My manager gave us freedom to work as long as we got the met the customers needs and met out goals.

Pros

Employees on my team care about the work and help one another.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive.

Great workplace, tough job

This was a job that afforded me several opportunities to improve and learn new skills left and right. As part of the content development dept., I was involved in the media aspects of all of the company's online courses. I am thankful for the many years and strong friendships formed with my co-workers as we all took equal pride in creating innovative, hands-on learning materials from the ground up together under sometimes unbelievable deadlines.

Pros

Rare sense of true comraderie among staff, great benefits

Cons

Overworked, underpaid

The culture is very good.

The work is rewarding when the schedule permits, but I suppose that is common for any company. The culture is very good, with people who really care about providing quality content in digital education for the students where other methods and mediums have failed.

Terrible place to work

Company no longer exists. Constant changes in management and job requirements. Complete chaos. Good product and delivery but company structure was a mess.

Evolving company with opportunities to learn

I joined Apex Learning in 2008. I had recently changed careers and the company was growing at a rapid clip. This growth presented numerous opportunities to acquire new skills and move into various positions. Over time, this growth stabilized and opportunities for advancement lessened. I separated from Apex Learning in 2016 as a result of corporate restructuring and the dissolving of several remote positions.

Pros

Autonomy, opportunities to learn, solid benefits

Cons

Restructuring resulting in the loss of experienced employees

Corporate and field positions gap

There is a gap between what is effective in the field and the perception by executive management. The sales to services culture has much to be improved upon.

Great place to start a career

Apex is a great place to start a career. You won't be paid well, but they DO provide good opportunity to learn a skill set, and they genuinely believe in promoting from within the company. The management needs to be replaced. Poor decision making at the senior level is limiting the potential of the company, which is combined with poor business practices.

Pros

Free fresh fruit, casual attire, great people

Cons

Low paying, weak management

Great Product

Best digital curriculum product in the industry. Price point is not as competitive as others.

Pros

Great product

Cons

Price Point

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Apex Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Apex Learning Reviews by Location