Apex Life Sciences Employee Reviews

Pay Less Than Signed Contract For
Contractor lab technician at eurofins (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 27, 2018
Apex Paid me less hourly wage than I signed my contract for. When I bring this up to the contractor POC the offer me nothing in return. When I fill out surveys, they fail to acknowledge it.
Sucked big donkey doinks
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Mounds View, MNAugust 6, 2018
Joke of a company. Save yourself, get better treatment as a Walmart.... customer
I had an interview for a delivery driver., I was supposed to lift a 165# tank, while in my nice clothes mind you, no back brace given, no support what so ever. If safety isn't a concern for you, then this is perfect. For people looking to start somewhere new, go elsewhere
Pros
Not much
Cons
Too many to list
Great first job
Clinical Research Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 9, 2018
There was an even mix of good at bad working at Apex. I enjoyed the work, but sadly did not get to communicate face to face with my clients or candidates. Communication through out the team was strong due to all of us sitting in different offices throughout the states. I think if the whole team had sat together in one office though I would have stayed for longer and possibly had more success. That is not to say someone else won't have success here. If you listen to your teammates and management, you will learn and do well.
Sensory Panelist
Part-time Sensory Panelist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJuly 6, 2018
Excellent job for someone who only wants to work part time and have Fridays off.
Enjoyable work and stress free. Warm and friendly coworkers.
Head of our discussion panel works for MMR Research. He was an excellent leader, an expert in his field and an overall really great guy.
Loved coming to work but unfortunately need to make more money with two in college this coming year.
Pros
Coworkers become your friends, pleasant working environment
Cons
Due to the nature of the work, cannot work more than 3 hours a day.
dead end
Aerospace R&D Lab Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2018
Waste of time and severely underpaid. Will happily recruit for jobs that you are extremely overqualified for and there will be no easy way out of said position
Fast paced and a good wage
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
The pay was really good although there are no benefits, no vacation time, and no sick time. Mandatory overtime required but was not told until after I started the assignment. No work life balance
Pros
Contract positions can lead to full time positions
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Good at First/ poor poor poor
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDMarch 30, 2018
everything went great helped me get set up communicate weekly, soon as Christmas came around i took time away from my family i never see to get the great pay not only did i not receive my over time but also never got holiday pay got ripped off over 600 dollars that week. if one of my family members dies this year because i took time off to get that extra pay and never got it i will SUE!
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Terrible company
technician (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 22, 2018
no benefits, no vacation time, no sick time. to top it off their system messed up my w4 and now i owe thousands of dollars. was told this has happened to others as well by the company. you would think they would prevent this reoccurring problem. said there is nothing they can do, no reimbursement. joke of a company
Stay away!
Food Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2018
I was a contract employee and it was a mess. The company I was placed as was just as much of a mess, if not more. I was pregnant at the time of hire, and had my baby 5 months later. After 6 weeks, I returned to work but was ultimately laid off 1 week later, and Apex didn't place me somewhere else. The decency showed towards a new mom was awful on all sides.
Awful staffing agency!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2018
At first they seem really interested to help you find a job. Then, they just stop contacting you. You are just a number to them. They don’t care where they place you in an assignment, they just want to get paid. I went to interviews that had nothing to do with my degree, what a waste of time. I had to constantly email them everyday to ask if they found any jobs for me because they just would forget about me. The communication is horrible. My recruiter left and no one decided to tell me, so I would email her and call her and never received an answer. I recommend finding a different agency to work for. They offer zero benefits and when your assignment ends they don’t have the decency to even call you. They do it through an email.
Cons
A good contract agency to work for
Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A good contract agency to work for. Contract positions can definitely lead to full time hire. The hiring manager will keep in touch to ensure that the work is to your liking, and if it isn't they will look for a better position.
Pros
Many job opportunities through the agency
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
Really
Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 4, 2018
Required overtime including weekends, no steady work schedule, required to work holidays and nights. None of this was advertised. What a surprise. Difficult schedule to eat lunch
Fast paced but a fair wage
Lead field Technician/Lineman (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 10, 2018
Not a bad job for any contractor looking to obtain new skills, meet new and well experienced individuals, and work as many hours as you want. Only downside is the lack of communication to contractors and the lack of support when an in house error at Apex occurs.
horrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 9, 2018
company was horrible to work for. so first i was working and hired through apex for the Cargill salt mine company. but then i found out there was another company in between them. Cargill has some of the most disrespectful full time employees ive ever met in my life they didn't ant to do anything except sit and drive forklift and then everything that happened was a temp person fault even if we weren't around. only 2 days of call in time or you were fired. just terrible place to work and i would not recommened this job to anyone.
Pros
free bags of salt
Cons
everything else
good company
Quality Control Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJNovember 27, 2017
Friendly atmosphere that helps you obtain employment in a filed fit for you. Flexible with hours and easily placed me with a job within weeks of graduating college.
Contract to hire agency.
Document Control Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNNovember 27, 2017
Every job they have placed me has been a professional working environment with advancement to grow and learn new skills. They work with you in every possible way to find you a job of your best fit. i would recommend them to all.
Need right personality
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Henrico, VAOctober 27, 2017
A great first job, but not for everyone. You need the right kind of personality to really thrive. Expect to work here a few years and really prove yourself before you can move to other positions within the company.
Fine
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 20, 2017
Lowest base salary and you only make 2% of your weekly spread so youre working with pennies. Good company if you live at home and have no bills to pay but would not recommend otherwise....
Brief, monotonous work at my location
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 14, 2017
Apex was OK, but contracted was very poor.
I had to leave early one day to visit my girlfriend who had recently had a horrific accident.
I received an email from my Apex recruiter that the contracted company did not want me back. Horrible management.
Pros
Good recruiter. Told me what I wanted to hear
Cons
Way too much computer work
Excellent company
Manufacturing - Product Builder/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 10, 2017
Really good company to work for. Great team-work employees, and great environment to work with good people. Great management. Flexible hours. Lay back attitude on the work place.