Apex Life Sciences

Apex Life Sciences Employee Reviews

Uhm
i was working for them for 6 months but got laid off my contract ended they don't want me to let go but i cause too much trouble to them so they decided to not hire me at all. no hate just love : )
Fine as a career stepping stone
It’s a good place to start out a career in recruitment but that’s it. You’ll make them millions while you make pennies. Once you start making too much management puts you into a new position.
Flexible work schedule/Lots of new projects
I worked a temporary lab technician position at Crayola LLC. I helped the engineering department monitor and improve the crayon labeling machines via collecting production data and analyzing it for results. I also tested the new labels to ensure product quality, while aiding in a new crayon trial.
great place to get jobs
apex has a plethora of jobs available to folks and they work with you so you can get the experience you want and in the industry you want. Working there they had good communication with employees.
Fun place to work, but not a place to make a career
Apex is a very fun and young culture dedicated to meeting clients needs. You will develop a great foundation in HR and recruiting which you can build on down the road with other companies (I know I have). The pay is pretty poor the first 6 months, but if you can stick it out and hit the bonus metrics it’ll be worth it. Overall good experience working there just wish the pay was livable and there was room for growth.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Horrendous company
Save yourself and don't even waste your time with the horrible and toxic work environment. The Mgmt. team in Newport Beach (B+J) are horrible managers that provide no leadership. They are as fake as the come and will throw anyone under the bus to save themselves.
Apex did a wonderful job supporting me through the assignment. Great experience with them. Professional, polite, competent. They would assist when I had technical issues, they were understanding, and they were excellent at follow-up with myself and the client.
Low pay & bad management
Very low pay, unrealistic to live off of. Management was bad before they merged with apex systems. Immature management and treated employees with bias.
Part time only
Working with Apex was frustrating, if the on site management did not like you they would find reasons to fire you. Hours were inconsistent and so was workload. Some days spent sitting for hours doing nothing because we were scheduled with nothing to do.
Most non-responsive temp/consulting company I’ve ever seen
I’ve worked as a temp thru Apex Life Sciences or Apex Systems Agency in Norwalk, CT for over a year (it’s not clear which company it is). They earn money from me weekly and have the audacity to treat me like garbage. They don’t return calls or emails unless it directly affects the recruiter’s pocket book. They say they’ll call back and do NOT- and that includes their management !!! The owe me money and blow me off! Extremely unprofessional
Contract through apex so hard to rate them
Great Company in my experience but as a contractor its hard to make a long term career in the position i had held. Compensation could have been better as there was no paid time off.
Pros
Weekly payroll, nice staff
Cons
Contract
Terrible Management That Trickles Down
Management was abysmal, they picked favorites and made it so obvious. The delivery manager was the least empathetic person I've ever worked with and should be terminated. Man, complaining is not my forte but the Chicago office was a horrible experience with little growth potential and training opportunities for new employees.
Pros
Free Gym in Building
Good Place to Work
Good Place to Work. I really like the culture and the people, especially my manager. Very supportive environment and questions are encouraged. The work life balance is respected.
Excellent agency
Worked with them for a few months always had great service.
They guide you through the hiring process and they got me going to work in a few days

The pays fare
Lab Tech
Was told my contract was ended and that there would be further work and no one ever got back to me again. For me the communication and management was not alright
stressful
they are so understaffed because they are working us to death. Since we are understaffed, management gives us double the workload, which shouldn't be the answer. They should find ways to keep employees, especially in the data entry department because my department relied on them to finish their work so that we could get started on ours. On my last day, I worked 16 hours. Don't expect this job to be an 8-hour shift because you can't leave until your work is done. I have seen so many people skip their breaks and lunches because of the amount of work that is given to them and I don't blame them. I feel like management knows about this issue because it is so obvious but I don't think they care.
Pros
nice coworkers and good experience to add on your resume
Cons
management, understaffed, low pay, double the workload, lots of overtime
Dusty and not very organized
I was there just a few months as a temp. There seems to be some problems with management or rather who is to be in charge, Very dusty place as it is connected right along with where grains and powder is bagged. Desks always covered in white dusty powder.
Cons
Dusty- Working Conditions
High Pay Minor benefits
Currently under contract. My manager stays in touch regularly and pulls for my transition to full time at my contractor. Lack of sick and vacation days can be detrimental.
Was a great company as Lab Support
Apex Life Sciences structure changed when they went from Lab Support. The company was great in the beginning but when Apex bought them, they became something different. They accommodate the younger employees but do not have much room for older employees. They do not offer the resources or tools to become successful throughout your career. The pay is below market value.
Companies using apex for hire are shady
Apex insurance is sky high like $200/ week for a single person insurance. I worked fro atara bio. Research associate... We were under paid and shorted hours...Originally supposed to be full time but we have been getting 30-35 sometimes less. They are not going to hire permanently the company is from cali stationed in memphis. They plan to take all work back to cali. Waste of time regardless of how great you are at your job.
Pros
Cons
Benefits no pto or sick time no temp to hire
Good
I was hired only for a temp position. This is a staffing company so they are most likely hiring on behalf of someone else. Given their work I think they did a fine job of finding employment for me.