Apex Park and Recreation District Employee Reviews

Nepotism!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Apex Park, COJuly 16, 2019
This place USE to be a great place to work. New executive managers are over paid and need to go! Nepotism is key! If you want to get ahead here....forget it because they have already filled the position with friends. Old managers knew you by name and cared. Customers are just as unhappy and are going elsewhere. It's a shame. Board members, you need to listen to majority of what people are saying or you will be out of a job soon also. Stop the madness before it stops us
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Over paid executive employees
Do as I say not as I do
Fitness staff (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COApril 28, 2019
If you want to see a text book case of poor management, just look to the top of the organization. Management is done using scare tactics and threats. From wasting money, changing the logo, to being away from work more then they are there, it is obvious the district is being lead in the wrong direction by the wrong people.
Cons
Executive director and deputy directors
Upper Management = bad culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 28, 2019
It used to be a happy place for staff and customers. Directors were hired that have ruined the environment and replaced it with a negative culture. HR does nothing about it. Customers have noticed that staff are unhappy and many have left for happier places....along with many good staff.
Cons
Upper Management
Upper management has changed the district
Guest services staff (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 7, 2019
The new upper management has created a toxic work environment. Many long term key employees are leaving to find new employment opportunities where they are actually valued.
Pros
Past executive directors cared about community resources
Cons
New upper management. Has the wrong priorities
Great place to have as a first job!
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 10, 2019
Apex is a fun environment to work at. The work is mostly easy and our breaks are consistent. All managers I've worked with have been fun and easy to get along with. Upper management have incentives to continue our good work such as continued pay raises, gift cards, and other prizes/gifts.
Pros
Make own schedule, short shifts, easy work, consistent breaks
Cons
can be a little hectic at times
Good first job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 28, 2018
It’s good for a teenager looking for their first job and someone who doesn’t need to pay bills and is looking for a part time job it’s easy but can be stressful sometimes
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Not The best pay
Ok place to work
Building Maintenance Manager - District Services (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work minus the political games being played.
Staff has been overturning recently with the new executive director just hired. Director contracts are only a 4 year term so change could occur often based on the board of directors descisions.
Was a good job
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Monticello, INAugust 6, 2018
I liked that job a lot. I liked being in admissions and greeting people to the park. I enjoyed seeing the kids be very happy about the park. The management was really good. They worked with every employee.
Pros
Ac in booths, good lunch breaks
Cons
The heat
Long time employee are leaving due to new management
Ice Rink Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 3, 2018
Meet and great people of all ages and work with same
Ice equipment monitoring
Communication is not good
No typical day at work due to schedule changes
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Restricted amount of work hours, not allowed more than 24hrs p/week
productive when busy
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 30, 2018
Not a bad job typical part time, come in clock in start working. Liked my co workers energy and vibe. overall good work area. Working weekends different schedules.
Pros
coming to work to good energy
Cons
nothing
Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 29, 2017
Great people and wonderful environment. Won't make a ton of money but many benefits and really good people to work with. Fun place to work. Many different locations to get free entrance to.
very good job hleped me with saving lives
Ride and Game Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80005August 16, 2017
this job was a very useful job in order to help save lives, you would make sure the water is secured as well as see if people would be drowning or not. taught me valuable lessons and I would take pride in that fact as well.
Pros
save lives
Cons
to hot some times to work
Not what you except
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 4, 2017
It can be stressful with the parents and even more with the kids. There tends to be a lot of drama between staff members. You rarely ever have consistent hours (I went from 23.5 to 10 to 12.5 in 4 months).
Pros
Time off
Cons
all part work, no benefits
Fun Place to work
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 13, 2017
A typical day at work is watching the kids have fun but looking out for their safety. Each day we learn new ways people can hurt them self and learn and know how to handle it. the management is great they are very easy to deal with and will usually help you out and give you the hours you would like.we are very friendly with the guest we usually don't have any complaints and try and please them the best we can. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with the unhappy costumers or the ones that like to make things difficult but we all have those people and will have to still deal with them. for me it is seeing the guest smiling and after a lot of the lifeguards will go somewhere and all relax and have fun after a day of hard work.
Pros
All the benefits and the fun it comes with
Cons
Angry people
A family and community focused business with caring and professional staff dedicated to creating an outstanding recreation experience for its users
Head Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 16, 2017
I have enjoyed serving as head personal trainer and helping to develop new and exciting programs. The staff is dedicated and hard working. Customer service is always a priority. I am proud to be a part of such a large complex of programs and services
Pros
great environment and customer base
Cons
Very busy and congested with customers
Group leader, to assistant teacher to Head teacher and Director
Preschool Director & Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CoSeptember 9, 2015
I worked there for 23 years and enjoyed my experience with children.
However, a family of one of my students felt I didn't have their child's interests and well being as a priority which led to my dismissal. My supervisor did not support me and they gave me no recourse to explain my side.

I had made many good relationships with families and coworkers and saw more than one child in many families coming back to our location.

Management seemed to micro manage employees and this complicated many aspects of the job.
Great workplace!
Fitness Desk Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 3, 2015
Lots of opportunities for customer service experience, and opportunities for advancement as well. Friendly staff, wonderful facility, overall a great environment!